User Reviews for Vestura to treat Birth Control

Vestura has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 43% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Vestura Rating Summary

5.3/10 average rating

Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

R · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2019

“This birth control gave me blood clots. Do not take this medication.”

MMS · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 11, 2018

“I've been taking Vestura for at least 3 years. Last year, this was discontinued and the pharmacy switched me to Nikki! It was terrible. The emotional rollercoaster I was on was horrible. After calling my Dr and the pharmacy, I was able to return back to the Vestura on "special order" but over the last couple of months I've noticed an increase in moodiness, (seriously emotionally wrecked) thoughts of jealousy and paranoia. This is the ONLY medicine I take. I have decided to stop BC all together and see if I can't reset my system for a happier and healthier me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2018

“I've taken this before a few months at a time and it has never affected me this way until now. I have been on it for 3 weeks and it has truly been the worst 3 weeks of my life, emotionally speaking. I am so emotional that I am crying daily, anxious and just generally not enjoying life the way I was before starting this medication. I am wanting to be on birth control but am afraid to continue taking this very one due to the emotional impact it has on me. I've taken Yaz before and bled for 6 weeks, but eventually was levelled out.”

saltlife19 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2017

“I have been on birth control for over 5 years due to a BRCA diagnosis and this is by far the absolute worst brand ever. My pharmacy started giving me a different generic of the one I was previously on and it was the worse 4 months (insurance wouldn't cover another pack and buying one was too expensive). I went from having almost no period symptoms on Lornya to being in bed for 4 days puking and the worst cycles since I first started having them. I gained 10 pounds in the first 2 months of the pack and was having mood swings all the time. Maybe it was because I switched brands but this was miserable and i hope other women can avoid it.”

Hjg720 March 5, 2017

“I've been on Vestura for a little over 6 months. I went on it because I had irregular periods and bad acne, especially on my back and chest. My periods are no longer irregular and are much lighter too. I would say that my acne is about 90% clearer now; my chest and back acne is basically gone, but I've been noticing some breakouts on my face lately. I haven't noticed any major mood swings or changes in my mood. However, I do think that my appetite has changed while on this pill. The past few months I've noticed that foods that I used to eat regularly, normally for breakfast or lunch, now seem like the least appetizing things in the world.”

Berri · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2018

“Was on ortho tri cycles for four months, which gave me unbearable cystic acne that I've never experienced before. My cheeks/jawline became 80% swollen red and covered in painful acne. But now after two weeks vestura has cleared my skin, just waiting for these terrible red marks to fade. My breasts have gotten smaller which is a bummer but so far so good. No bloating or break through bleeding! Everyone is different so it's worth trying even if something has been reviews or didn't work for some people.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2018

“I've been through the wringer with Yaz generics over the last 7 years and Vestura worked best for me. Completely helped clear my acne and keep it away. Though I do feel it's difficult to lose weight on I feel that way about all the BC pills I've been on. For me personally it was the best of the Yaz generics for everything - super light and non painful periods, no acne, and minimal other side effects. Currently on Nikki and I HATE it. My acne is back and I'm way too emotional. Vestura was the way to go for me, hopefully I can get back on it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2016

“I have a history of mental illness, but have not been on medication for about a year and had no problems since then. After starting this medication, I started to have symptoms of depression and anxiety, irritability and mood swings. Hopefully I will be able to find a new form of birth control.”

LittleGabrielle December 18, 2017

“I was on this pill for about two years, besides it killing my sex drive I loved it! I'm currently on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and the side effects really suck. Heavier, more painful periods, dryness, etc. I'm really hoping I can get back on Vestura!”