User Reviews for Doxepin

Also known as: Adapin, Silenor, Sinequan

Learn more about Doxepin.

Reviews for Doxepin to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

"I have had ibs-d my entire life. Would get extremely sick as a kid and lose a lot of weight in short periods of time. The pain is sometimes unbearable at times. Nothing helped but to not eat for a few days. I've tried lots of different meds. Was out on this one for insomnia and wham it fixed my IBS in one dose. 10mg dose. I now poop like a normal person and can go out and not worry where the bathroom is all the time."

U.wish. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took 1 yesterday approx 11am (I work nights). It's 18:22 now & I'm still exhausted. Slept all day, night and today. I also had nightmares! HORRIBLE!! I'll NEVER take this again."

Toni D (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had symptoms of IBS D for years, after a bout with a bad colon infection. Following many tests, medication trials that all failed, a great GI specialist suggested doxepin, it was a miracle. Try it, it's cheap, few side effects, and it's effective!"

PamJo (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have battled stomach pains so bad it sent me to the ER. tests were run and always the same thing, liver enzymes up off the chart or sugar levels not right, white blood cell extremely high, but by the next morning everything was back to normal. Sometimes I didn't eat for a day or even weeks. I suffered for 13 years without any doctor saying a word about irritable bowel syndrome, I was the one that took it to my doctor and he put me on doxepin and within 24 hours I felt like a new person, can eat a normal diet and go where I want and live life again. Started with 25mg and only because it made me drowsy the second month I went to 10 mg, I love it! Thank You. "

MDKPS January 18, 2013