User Reviews for Cardura

Learn more about Cardura.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 4 reviews 15 medications

8.3
High Blood Pressure 1 reviews 264 medications

Summary of Cardura reviews 5 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cardura

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Have NB Prostatitis since the early 90's. Started on Hytrin, which had minimal effect on urine flow. I was one of the first people on Flomax, which worked great and you can feel it sooth you during a flareup. The problem is they started advertising, so the cost went from $15 to $170. I switched to Uroxatrol, but stopped after a week due to lethargy and it did not work well. Finally landed on Cardura (Doxazosin) 4mg. Nearly as good a Flomax for flow, but does not have that soothing effect if taken during a flareup. It is dirt cheap and along with Lisinopril helps my BP. A side effect is occasional dizziness after sitting or standing then suddenly moving. Only 5% retrograde ejaculation vs. 50% for Flomax."

Octoparrot (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I started with 2 mg and went to 4 mg. Within a few days I started diarrhea. Doctor couldn't give a reason. Went back to 2 mg and still had it. I found the answer in the side effects. I am now on 1 mg with no problem."

diecasts4u (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I originally began doxazosin 4mg for blood pressure many years ago. Over the years I needed additional medicines for blood pressure but continued taking doxazosin 4mg twice a day. I had been told that it would be helpful in maintaining urine flow. Not long ago I began taking Proscar. I thought that the Cardura would no longer be needed so I stopped. Within 2-3 days there was a definite reduction in urine flow. I repeated the off, then on again routine 3 times with the same rather dramatic results. I will continue with the doxazosin. PS: I have never noticed side effects at all."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I found cardura a wonderful drug which made my urine flow so easily and cured the discomfort I used to feel during urination. I felt no side effects either."

Talawat August 27, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Took 1 8mg Cardura daily. Experienced dizziness and nausea for the first 3 days but later adjusted to the medication and maintained pressure around 120/80. On doctor's advise, Cardura discontinued and replaced with alternative medication due to excessively fast pulse/heart rate up to 100/s after 6 months on Cardura"

Anonymous March 26, 2008