User Reviews for Cardura

Cardura has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of those users who reviewed Cardura reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
8.6
High Blood Pressure
Summary of Cardura reviews 8.0 6 reviews

Urgency December 14, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Haven't had problems with discomfort. Somewhat reduced flow. My main problem is urgency. Cardura worked well. I did on-off-on-off testing and confirmed its effectiveness, and it did not aggravate my low blood pressure. Now I'm on Rapaflo, my nephrologist won't give me Cardura, and Rapaflo does not work nearly as well. I'm paying a lot more and getting much less relief. Next I plan to try something directed at shrinking the prostate.”

Octoparrot · Taken for 10 years or more April 12, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Have NB Prostatitis since the early 90's. Started on Hytrin, which had minimal effect on urine flow. I was one of the first people on Flomax, which worked great and you can feel it sooth you during a flareup. The problem is they started advertising, so the cost went from $15 to $170. I switched to Uroxatrol, but stopped after a week due to lethargy and it did not work well. Finally landed on Cardura (Doxazosin) 4mg. Nearly as good a Flomax for flow, but does not have that soothing effect if taken during a flareup. It is dirt cheap and along with Lisinopril helps my BP. A side effect is occasional dizziness after sitting or standing then suddenly moving. Only 5% retrograde ejaculation vs. 50% for Flomax.”

diecasts4u · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I started with 2 mg and went to 4 mg. Within a few days I started diarrhea. Doctor couldn't give a reason. Went back to 2 mg and still had it. I found the answer in the side effects. I am now on 1 mg with no problem.”

Anonymous March 26, 2008

For High Blood Pressure: “Took 1 8mg Cardura daily. Experienced dizziness and nausea for the first 3 days but later adjusted to the medication and maintained pressure around 120/80. On doctor's advise, Cardura discontinued and replaced with alternative medication due to excessively fast pulse/heart rate up to 100/s after 6 months on Cardura”

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I originally began doxazosin 4mg for blood pressure many years ago. Over the years I needed additional medicines for blood pressure but continued taking doxazosin 4mg twice a day. I had been told that it would be helpful in maintaining urine flow. Not long ago I began taking Proscar. I thought that the Cardura would no longer be needed so I stopped. Within 2-3 days there was a definite reduction in urine flow. I repeated the off, then on again routine 3 times with the same rather dramatic results. I will continue with the doxazosin. PS: I have never noticed side effects at all.”

Talawat August 27, 2008

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I found cardura a wonderful drug which made my urine flow so easily and cured the discomfort I used to feel during urination. I felt no side effects either.”