User Reviews for Sominex

Insomnia
6.5

Reviews for Sominex

Abiblical · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 21, 2021

For Insomnia: “I have used Sominex on and off for 2 years due to anxiety and night sweats (I am 48 year old female maybe hormones are playing up here...). If I don't take it I wake up after 3 or 4 hours and then hardly sleep. When I do take it I sleep for 6 hours then wake up but only for 10 or so mins and am able to go back to sleep getting 8-10 hours overall. I feel so much more rested. It's a life saver. My GP told me it's fine to carry on if it helps. Highly recommend.”

DB · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2021

For Insomnia: “I have sworn by sominex for years. It just works. I used to take night nurse, until a pharmacist explained the active ingredient in night nurse is what sominex is made up of. Since then, 1 sominex, and I'm out for the count. Never is there a time where sominex isn't in my home”

Aliyah · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2021

For Insomnia: “As an ex drug addict, I've tried many things to help me sleep that are non prescriptive, promethazine (sominex) does work but the vivid dreams are horrendous, so be ready for wild nightmares, this was a symptom that is very common and does not seem to wear off the more you take, so be warned!”

mrphla May 31, 2018

For Insomnia: “I imagine that a lot of people reading this will have had a similar experience to me. You might not have slept last night, or the night before - and you're frantically looking for a solution to help you sleep. It's a vicious cycle and it's one of the worst feelings. I personally think that Sominex is worth a shot. I cannot go to sleep without something to help me. I only take half a Sominex tablet about an hour before bed. It's just enough to take the edge off, stop that anxiety cycle and allow me to drift off. You can feel it in the morning. Ever so slightly for the first hour or so. But after a coffee and a shower it's gone. This stuff has allowed me to restore a normal sleep cycle and I can actually function well in life and at work now. Stop panicking and relax - you will sleep again. I hope this is helpful to someone.”

Stevie Lou February 20, 2016

For Insomnia: “I have used Sominex for YEARS and I absolutely love it!!! I am NEVER groggy in the morning. It allows me to sleep, then if I have to go to the bathroom during the night, I am able to go back to sleep. I take it generally every night. When I have spoken to various doctors over the years, they have never seemed concerned about my long term use. Nothing else works quite like it, and it definitely improves my quality of life as I simply cannot function if I don't get enough sleep. I usually have to order it online because it is not always stocked at the stores that I go to. Hope this helps. Sweet Dreams. :)”

562Peterson19 · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2014

For Insomnia: “After I was in a severe car accident 8 years ago I've had chronic back pain and muscle spasms which has made it very hard to sleep. I am in the medical field and have tried lots of over the counter medicines and have also been prescribed medication however since taking Sominex I have been able to sleep through the night and I don't wake up groggy! Love it!”

Anonymous April 14, 2012

For Insomnia: “As a former bartender, I'm a night owl by nature. Now that I'm in law school and have 8am classes, I can't afford to be up all night. It ruins my entire next day because I cannot think and I am useless. Also, lack of sleep depresses me and gives me anxiety. Anyhow, I have tried literally everything under the sun- Ambien, Sleepy time, Valerian, melatonin, Simply sleep, and 4-5 others, both natural and not, and Sominex is the only one that has ever consistently worked to not only put me to sleep, but KEEP me asleep, on most nights. Occasionally I'll have an off night when I wake up mid-sleep or when I'm super groggy in the morning, but at least 90% of the time it works great. I usually take it about 1-2.5 hours before I want to fall asleep.”

GsdFan · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Insomnia: “I took 1/2 a Sominex pill because it was my first time taking this drug. It took more than an hour to make me sleepy. Once I fell asleep I slept 10 hours without interruption or dreams, but I felt horrible for more than 24 hrs afterward. It was hard to wake up (even after 10 hrs of sleep) and all day afterward I felt groggy and inexplicably angry and cranky. My limbs felt heavy and I was just so very tired all day...the kind of extreme fatigue you feel with the flu. This drug is way worse than having a bad night of sleep...and I only took 1/2 a pill! I'll never take this again.”

CowsCowsCows · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2020

For Insomnia: “Ugh, just no. The first time I tried this tablet, I took a whole one. Did what it said on the tin, and I was knocked out within the hour. I slept for thirteen hours and woke up feeling TERRIBLE. Groggy, dizzy, and as if my limbs were tied down with iron weights. I wanted to cry at the tiniest things and felt bloody awful. Having slept for so long, I couldn't sleep it off. The next night, I took half a pill. In the morning, I didn't have the same grogginess, but I wasn't firing on all cylinders. I was also gripped with horrible anxiety that stayed with me until about 9 pm. I didn't take anything last night, and I feel absolutely fine. I find it difficult to chalk this up to coincidence.”

M1k3 March 6, 2008

For Insomnia: “Sominex is a great mild sedative. Although it does have a bit fo a hangover effect in the morning, this typically only lasts an hour or so. I've been taking this stuff nightly for about a week and it's the best over the counter stuff you can get for sleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2019

For Insomnia: “I’m the type of person to be terrified to try new drugs, always read up on the reviews etc. So I took half of this sominex pill, I’ve taken it 3 times now, before taking this pill I would have nightmares constantly, wake up 3/4 times in the night and sometimes stay awake. After taking half of the sominex pill, my nightmares have gone :) and I manage to sleep uninterrupted through the night, maybe wake up to wee/ wake up once or so. You do feel a bit groggy in the morning but that’s because it’s still in your system, takes around 12/13 hours to get out of your system so just take it in good time :) try it on a day off if you’re worried.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 17, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have tried everything non prescriptive for sleep and Sominex really works. I am 6 ft and normal build and only need 1/4 tablet. I've worked out this is the optimal dose for me so I can still function well in a busy job the following morning. Anything more than 1/4 tablet and I feel too groggy to function properly the next day.”

astuder11 February 28, 2013

For Insomnia: “I absolutely love Sominex. It works so great I fall asleep pretty fat and stay asleep which is so fantastic. Sometimes I wake up in the same position I fell asleep in. When I wake up it takes a few mins but once you start moving around you are fine. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 13, 2017

For Insomnia: “I have been using sominex for a long time, I asked GP about it and he would rather I take it than prescribing me sleeping tabs, it works well for me, I take it at least an hour before bed, fall asleep easily and can still wake up for the bathroom and go straight back to sleep, feel fine on waking with no after effects, a great over the counter product.”

Booboo · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

For Insomnia: “I tried this Sominex for sleeping and its absolutely useless tbh save your money I've seen people review they take half a tablet and they sleep great don't know how I take 2 tablets and has zero affect what so ever”

Yeshus March 26, 2013

For Insomnia: “I have taken Sominex for a few days now and still wake up after 2-3 hours sleep and can't get back to sleep again. I am so tired. Yet I can fall asleep in the chair really easy in the day. I was hoping Sominex would work but so far it really hasn't.”

Agg67 March 19, 2017

For Insomnia: “I believe this is the strongest non prescription sleeping aid that you can take. This works really well for me on the few occasions that I need it, within about 10 minutes of taking it, I fall asleep and stay so for longer than I normally would without it. You can even try 1/2 or 1/4 tablet if you don't want to take a whole one. . Definitely recommend this!”

Woowoo · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 23, 2021

For Insomnia: “I have used this for years. I’m peri menopausal and my sleep routine is awful. I normally sleep 3-4 hours a night if I’m lucky, but with the help of this medication I get 8-10 blissful hours. However, until about midday the following day I feel tired and lethargic, but it’s worth it so my body gets some sleep...I only take it once a week. I’m going to try half a tablet twice a week and see how it goes!”

JemGa · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

For Insomnia: “I took half of one for a transatlantic flight - it worked well. I woke up at 5 am to land, took a train from Newark to Manhattan, fell asleep for a further delicious three hours once I reached a bed. That would have been impossible without the Sominex. A whole one seems like madness!”

Nuttree · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

For Insomnia: “I took half a Sominex last night to try to get a deep sleep. I slept better but I am a wreck today. Bad headache, nausea and extreme muscle fatigue and weakness. Wondered whether it was the Sominex and reading some of the reviews it looks like it is. Even had to nap this afternoon and still feel awful. Binned it.”

Gi-Savannah · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2015

For Insomnia: “Works for me in the same manner all the above have stated. Be aware, though, it is intended for occasional use, not nightly use. It's active ingredient is basically Benedryl, the same as in many allergy meds. If you check ingredient labels rather than going by the brand name, you may be able to find a bargain.”

Bignal · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2018

For Insomnia: “Took a half a tablet about an hour before bed. Slept just short of nine hours and probably could have turned over and got a bit more but forced myself up. Felt a bit drowsy for a short time but a lot better than I usually do after my normal 5-6 hours. I would strongly recommend you start at half a tablet and work your way up if necessary as if half a tab does what it did I'd hate to see what the manufacturer recommended two would do. Would give this a ten but should always leave room for improvement :-))”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2019

For Insomnia: “They do help me sleep but I feel really terrible in the morning. Very groggy and very short tempered. Have had to throw the pack out as I feel so awful in the mornings. I've not noticed this to this degree of morning grogginess with other sleeping tablets. Horrible stuff!”

Longman34 · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2020

For Insomnia: “I was recommended this by a friend and was at first sceptical, as I've struggled with sleep for years. Having taken half a tablet I slept well, although still waking I was back asleep in no time. I feel refreshed in the morning and suffer no issues, can't be more pleased.”

Lo December 24, 2018

For Insomnia: “I think this is a brilliant drug to take when you want to break a run of bad nights. I tried it as I couldn't take Night nurse (which I used to take) as it has contra indications with another tablet that I take at the moment. I only need half a tablet, like other people, I can get up in the night if I have to and go back to sleep. I wake up feeling refreshed. Thank you Sominex.”

Sazzles · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2018

For Insomnia: “I have used this product on & off, every couple of months, for several years. I use it to sleep well & lay in as opposed to helping me get to sleep. Oddly I find it either knocks me out, as planned, or doesn't work at all! Half the time it has no effect on me whatsoever, which is what lowers my overall rating. When it does work it successfully keeps me asleep & allows me to lie in longer than usual in the morning. Because of this I'd never take one if I had to get up for work! It doesn't impede me waking in the night to use the bathroom and I go straight back to sleep afterwards. They recommend taking it half an hour before bed but I take it earlier in the evening so it doesn't impact on me quite so much the following morning. I can stay awake easily for a couple of hours (or more) after taking it so I personally couldn't recommend it for aiding falling asleep.”

Nickccc September 8, 2015

For Insomnia: “Funnily enough, after taking this. I feel more easier to fell asleep during the day than in the night. After a unintentional 12 hours sleep( just couldn't wake myself up). Was awake for a few hours then was too drowsy and fell asleep again. Really feel these tablets works better during the day than in the night. : (”

Missjelly · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 28, 2020

For Insomnia: “I use these Sominex tablets when I am on holiday as I always struggled to sleep in an unfamiliar place and an unfamiliar bed, it used to spoil my holiday as I felt so tired. I take half a Sominex tablet a night and it really helps. I do wake in the night but get to sleep again quickly. I find taking a whole tablet makes me feel terrible the next day but half a tablet allows me to sleep well and able to enjoy the next day and enjoy my holiday. (he is moans about my snoring though)”