User Reviews for Sominex

Insomnia
7.3

Summary of Sominex reviews 7.0 27 reviews

Reviews for Sominex

For Insomnia "Works most of the time."

Jim (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2018

For Insomnia "This medication leaves me very groggy the next day."

Monica September 1, 2018

For Insomnia "I often suffer with insomnia, I struggle to get to sleep on a night and I can be up for hours. Sominex helps to drift off quite quickly once it kicks in, only criticism can make me feel drowsy in the morning for about half an hour.. but works well to help me sleep."

Amy (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Insomnia "I have been using Sominex on and off for few years. They do the trick for me, but I find a whole tablet too much. But I tend to break the tablet so I end taking a 1/3 of tablet. They are easy to break, and this is enough for me. I sometimes take 1/2 and again this is more than enough. They are strong tablets, and I do feel a bit groggy in the morning but nothing that stops me functioning and I always manage to get to where I need to be the next day."

Dee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2018

For Insomnia "I imagine that a lot of people reading this will have had a similar experience to me. You might not have slept last night, or the night before - and you're frantically looking for a solution to help you sleep. It's a vicious cycle and it's one of the worst feelings. I personally think that Sominex is worth a shot. I cannot go to sleep without something to help me. I only take half a Sominex tablet about an hour before bed. It's just enough to take the edge off, stop that anxiety cycle and allow me to drift off. You can feel it in the morning. Ever so slightly for the first hour or so. But after a coffee and a shower it's gone. This stuff has allowed me to restore a normal sleep cycle and I can actually function well in life and at work now. Stop panicking and relax - you will sleep again. I hope this is helpful to someone."

mrphla May 31, 2018

For Insomnia "sominex gave me terrible heart palpitations wont be using them again. They're now in the bin"

suzy (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Insomnia "I slept like a log last night and always do what I take this particular sleeping aid. But the side-effects is I feel groggy in the morning. I took it whilst on holiday and my friends said I seemed like a different person, not really with it! I question that something so affective and strong hasn’t got its counter negative points! "

Rosebud (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2018

For Insomnia "Seemed to work the first day but then with week long use started to make me nauseous and have a very upset stomach. I took it an hour before bed and only made me feel like I was sick with allergies which is odd."

Mandii (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Insomnia "Certainly helps me to sleep. But first time I slept for about 12 hours which meant that I slept badly the following night. I now take 3/4 of the tablet for a solid 8 hours. I suggest trying 1/2 or 3/4 your first time The first half hour or so on waking leaves me groggy, then I'm fine. Also seems to help me sleep really well the following night. I use only occasionally."

Motoguzzibob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

For Insomnia "I have been using sominex for a long time, I asked GP about it and he would rather I take it than prescribing me sleeping tabs, it works well for me, I take it at least an hour before bed, fall asleep easily and can still wake up for the bathroom and go straight back to sleep, feel fine on waking with no after effects, a great over the counter product."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2017

For Insomnia "I believe this is the strongest non prescription sleeping aid that you can take. This works really well for me on the few occasions that I need it, within about 10 minutes of taking it, I fall asleep and stay so for longer than I normally would without it. You can even try 1/2 or 1/4 tablet if you don't want to take a whole one. . Definitely recommend this!"

Agg67 March 19, 2017

For Insomnia "I have never had a problem with going to sleep at night, but I bought some Sominex at the airport the other day in order to help me sleep in a 9 hour flight, and now for the past few days I have had severe insomnia. Nothing else my routine has changed, but now I am up all through the night, tired all day, and still can't sleep at night. I regret making the mistake of using this product."

Tonedeft December 7, 2016

"I've use it a couple of times neither time was it any help at all it's just another plaseabo"

MD78 May 21, 2016

For Insomnia "I have used Sominex for YEARS and I absolutely love it!!! I am NEVER groggy in the morning. It allows me to sleep, then if I have to go to the bathroom during the night, I am able to go back to sleep. I take it generally every night. When I have spoken to various doctors over the years, they have never seemed concerned about my long term use. Nothing else works quite like it, and it definitely improves my quality of life as I simply cannot function if I don't get enough sleep. I usually have to order it online because it is not always stocked at the stores that I go to. Hope this helps. Sweet Dreams. :)"

Stevie Lou February 20, 2016

For Insomnia "Takes a while to get to sleep but once asleep that's how I stay. However I have found that it still effects me the next day. .....extremely groggy and exhausted. Not for me ."

Banshees February 12, 2016

For Insomnia "Funnily enough, after taking this. I feel more easier to fell asleep during the day than in the night. After a unintentional 12 hours sleep( just couldn't wake myself up). Was awake for a few hours then was too drowsy and fell asleep again. Really feel these tablets works better during the day than in the night. : ("

Nickccc September 8, 2015

For Insomnia "Works for me in the same manner all the above have stated. Be aware, though, it is intended for occasional use, not nightly use. It's active ingredient is basically Benedryl, the same as in many allergy meds. If you check ingredient labels rather than going by the brand name, you may be able to find a bargain."

Gi-Savannah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2015

For Insomnia "After I was in a severe car accident 8 years ago I've had chronic back pain and muscle spasms which has made it very hard to sleep. I am in the medical field and have tried lots of over the counter medicines and have also been prescribed medication however since taking Sominex I have been able to sleep through the night and I don't wake up groggy! Love it!"

562Peterson19 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2014

For Insomnia "I use Sominex they really help me sleep I'm having a full nights sleep now and not waking during the night. HAPPY DAYS."

Loug33 March 22, 2014

For Insomnia "Sominex helps me to get to sleep fast. I can wake as I need and then return to sleep quickly."

Marie2 Julia September 28, 2013

For Insomnia "Sominex works well; sleep all night!!"

kimsGodchild (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2013

For Insomnia "I have taken Sominex for a few days now and still wake up after 2-3 hours sleep and can't get back to sleep again. I am so tired. Yet I can fall asleep in the chair really easy in the day. I was hoping Sominex would work but so far it really hasn't."

Yeshus March 26, 2013

For Insomnia "I absolutely love Sominex. It works so great I fall asleep pretty fat and stay asleep which is so fantastic. Sometimes I wake up in the same position I fell asleep in. When I wake up it takes a few mins but once you start moving around you are fine. "

astuder11 February 28, 2013

For Insomnia "Sominex is a great night time sleep aide. One of the less costly options."

Kia N (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 16, 2012

For Insomnia "As a former bartender, I'm a night owl by nature. Now that I'm in law school and have 8am classes, I can't afford to be up all night. It ruins my entire next day because I cannot think and I am useless. Also, lack of sleep depresses me and gives me anxiety. Anyhow, I have tried literally everything under the sun- Ambien, Sleepy time, Valerian, melatonin, Simply sleep, and 4-5 others, both natural and not, and Sominex is the only one that has ever consistently worked to not only put me to sleep, but KEEP me asleep, on most nights. Occasionally I'll have an off night when I wake up mid-sleep or when I'm super groggy in the morning, but at least 90% of the time it works great. I usually take it about 1-2.5 hours before I want to fall asleep."

Anonymous April 14, 2012