User Reviews for Benadryl

Learn more about Benadryl.

Reviews for Benadryl to treat Urticaria

"I was diagnosed with Chronic Idopathic Angioedema in 2005. I was 8 months pregnant and woke up one morning and my face was unrecognizable. I called my Dr and they said "oh it's probably just pregnancy swelling". I am an only child so I didn't know about facial swells. My husband came home and said this is NO pregnancy swelling. This was in 2003. It continued weekly so we took pictures and took to my obgyn. He had been practicing medicine for over 30 years and never seen anything like it, I saw numerous Dr.s and was finally diagnosed. I was in the hospital and swelled up I was given over Benadryl. It took my breath away and couldn't speak. Another nurse came in and yelled at the nurse. It has 2 b given slow or its very dangerous"

Chronic Idopathic Angeodiema (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2016

"I would get so worked up with hives before an exam with my gynecologist, that I would have to cancel. One day I took a Benadryl (they usually come in 25 mg or 50 mg tablets, or in packs of two 25 mg tablets)- just 25 mg before my appointment, and it really took the edge off. I had no hives and was much more relaxed. I buy the generic brand at the Dollar Store. This is used in our house for insomnia, allergic reactions, stuffy noses, and what I had previously mentioned. It is not habit-forming, and at such low doses, it's easy to control. Just make sure you stay hydrated! One word of caution to parents with young kids or teens- there have been many cases of suicide attempts and to trip out on."

Nurse-student July 11, 2016