User Reviews for Benadryl

Learn more about Benadryl.

Benadryl Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 431 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Benadryl to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"Good antihistamine. Can cause drowsiness, but it works quickly and shrinks nasal swelling better than some of the other choices. I take a newer antihistamine during the day, but this helps a ton at night when the other wears off and the pollen is still bad."

NCResident (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2016

"Works better then most prescription drugs for allergies and chronic sinusitis ( I've had sinus surgery 4 times due to this), whose side effect are health threatening. I will only take at night due to the drowsiness, this drowsiness can turn into nervousness if I don't fall asleep and keeps me up all night. I do have drowsy days often with naps from sitting and just passing out. I find that if continue taking every night about the fourth I begin to have vivid and horrible nightmares. I also get drenching night sweats - the two are not always together one night I may have one or the other. I take one (1) tablet."

707 NC (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2016

"experienced very low heart rate, palpatations, very disoriented, drowsy after taking only one 25 mg pill"

grandynandy March 2, 2016

"Very sensitive to medication. Can not take histamines. Finally have outgrown allergies. Off and on about 20 yrs."

OAIAB January 25, 2015

"Benadryl knocks all my symptoms out, the only problem is it can knock me out too but when nothing else works, Benadryl will do it. It's cheap, effective and available in every store."

Leelo (taken for 10 years or more) March 19, 2014

"I absolutely love Benadryl. It's works fast when I need it and relieves the symptoms enough to make me feel comfortable. It does make me sleepy so I take it at night. I do take it during the day occasionally when I know I don't have to drive anywhere."

Anonymous September 5, 2011

"I took this medicine for the first time in my life when I was 19 years old. It didn't work, it gave me the worst side effects ever. Upset stomach, bad headache, body cramps, and dizziness."

Anonymous August 29, 2011

"Dampens down allergy symptoms fast when nothing else available outside of a doctor's office or hospital will. Yes, it puts me right to sleep, so it's not my first choice for everyday seasonal allergy control, but this is the one to keep in the first aid kit for unexpected allergen encounters."

Izzy23 November 17, 2009