User Reviews for Advil PM

Advil PM has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 73% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 18% reported a negative experience.

Insomnia
7.5
Summary of Advil PM reviews 7.5 11 reviews

Reviews for Advil PM

Sleeping well now · November 11, 2015

For Insomnia: “I've never been the type to get a solid night sleep. For years I've slept 3 or 4 hours and woke up tired but unable to fall asleep. It truly made for days and days on end of being miserable I've also never been a "Pill" person so I never tried any kind of sleeping aid. One day I simply decided to try some form of OTC sleep aid and Advil PM was the first one I found. The difference it's made is amazing. I take 2 an hour before I plan to fall asleep and I am out. No more tossing, no more turning, simply laying down and sleeping. For the first time in my life, I look forward to going to bed. Only draw back is, after 6 solid hours of sleep, I tend to wake up feeling a little out of it but that goes away after my first few rounds of coffee.”

Mumma · Taken for less than 1 month · February 12, 2019

For Insomnia: “After two years of insomnia I was given a sample of Advil pm and it was the answer to my prayers! Unless you’ve experienced the torture of insomnia you can’t understand how precious a good night’s sleep is! It has also been a saving grace to me when I’m suffering from migraines. I’m so grateful to have this to go to when the going gets tough!!”

PapaDad · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “I am a a 75-yr-old male veteran in generally good health. Sleep apnea controlled by a C-PAP machine; however, rarely got more than 6 hours sleep. Advil PM worked as a sleep aid for my wife, so I tried it with great results. Two Advil PM (NOT just plain Advil) have worked extremely well to pretty much guarantee me 8 hours of sleep. (Be advised that my wife tolerates me a LOT better when I sleep well!)”

JJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 4, 2020

For Insomnia: “So I’m 69 yrs old and for the last few years I’ve only been getting 5 hrs sleep a night. I tried 2 Advil pm a year ago and it knocked me out but I was hung over the next day so I stayed away from it because I couldn’t function that way the next day. Recently I decide to try just taking 1 at bedtime and that did the trick . I sleep for 8 hrs an I’m not tired the next day. Alleluia!”

M · Taken for less than 1 month · May 8, 2021

For Insomnia: “It works for mild case of insomnia. I feel tired at night but I have an over active mind that won’t shut down plus some neck pain and this makes it easy to sleep. Right around the 30-45 minute mark after taking it I’m falling asleep. Finally getting 7 hours!”

sleepy · February 8, 2021

For Insomnia: “I often work overnights and am also often jet lagged. After a while of this I can no longer sleep 8 hours. Usually wake up after 4 hours. I bite one pill in half before I go to bed and I sleep all night then. More than half and I will feel hungover. Recommend not taking two as the directions say. Start with half, if no help, take the other half.”

finnn · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 16, 2021

For Insomnia: “It works well as a sleep aid, using a single pill. I've been using it nightly for a couple years but lately I've been extremely tired during the day. Other recent issues that are listed as possible side effects are an occasional underarm rash (looks similar to a burn) and swollen feet. I'm going to stop taking it, as perhaps the active ingredient has built up in my system.”

Morning Golfer · Taken for 1 to 2 years · December 5, 2020

For Insomnia: “I'm 67 yrs old and often wake up around 3-4 am to urinate. I then find it difficult to fall back to sleep when I need to get up at 6 am for golf 2x week. But if I take a 1/2 Advil PM 30 minutes before I go to bed I often don't wake up to pee, but if I do I fall back to sleep in moments. Been using for years if I have sleep deprivation issues more than 3 days in a row. If I sleep 7 hrs after taking, I am rested after my shower and ready to hit the links.”

Palinda · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 23, 2020

For Insomnia: “When I cannot get back to sleep after my regular meds only lasted 2 hours I try Advil PM. It does not work, or else takes a couple of hours for one or two hours of sleep.”

Anonymous · December 24, 2019

For Insomnia: “Needed a sleep aide. Yes, Advil PM did its job. However, the next day I woke up extremely irritated and with a mild headache. It felt like I was hungover for the latter of the day. No Thanks!!!”

GtG · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 18, 2022

For Insomnia: “Very positive experience taking 2 x blue Advil PM pills a night. No side effects and wake up feeling good. I am 61 Maie.”

More about Advil PM (diphenhydramine / ibuprofen)

Patient resources