User Reviews for Dicloxacillin

Brand names: Pathocil, Dynapen, Dycill

Dicloxacillin has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
6.8
Bone infection
Summary of Dicloxacillin reviews 6.4 7 reviews

smh1993 · Taken for less than 1 month · November 12, 2021

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "This antibiotic worked fast to clear my mastitis from breastfeeding, and I felt pain relief within a day or two. But oh my god, the side effects were terrible, and I had to deal with them for 10 days! This antibiotic made me extremely depressed, anxious, exhausted, nauseous, and gave me such bad diarrhea. I took my last dose yesterday, and 24 hours later I feel MUCH better. Tl;dr: This drug works well, but the side effects are almost unbearable."

Mikey · Taken for less than 1 month · August 7, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Keflex didn't work. I had just flown to and arrived in deep rural Mexico. I was taking Keflex (cephalexin) post-mouth surgery and woke with my left cheek, where I had the medical attention swollen up like I had a grapefruit in my mouth. I freaked. I was in rural Mexico with an infection that Keflex did nothing for. I was taken into town and the woman doctor calmly, knowingly prescribed dicloxacillin. Upon beginning to take it the swelling in my cheek began to subside and the infection was gone in a few days."

Swabby · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · July 3, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Lifelong athlete's foot infection using chlotrimazole 1%. Developed a severe case of cellulitis. After using 500mg dose of dicloxacillin for one year I developed cancer of prostate, bladder, and lymph nodes. Always wondered if any connection."

Liza · March 31, 2022

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I'm allergic to this drug! I went to a clinic for eye inflammation. The doctor gave me this drug. When I took it, it had a side effect, namely a rash, itching all over my face. I think it might be allergic to all penicillins."

Gacatlady · Taken for less than 1 month · June 30, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "It works for staph. I’m on my last day and I’m glad because the side effects are HARSH. Extreme nausea, vertigo, exhaustion, tummy pains."

Anonymous · June 9, 2016

For Bone infection "The side effects were hard. Extreme dizziness, nausea and weakness were the effects I experienced most after taking the drug for two weeks."

Rick696969 · December 4, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "All good with these one's"