User Reviews for Pennsaid

Osteoarthritis 8.3

Reviews for Pennsaid

Regretful · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Went to a walk in Orthopedic clinic and given two packets of Pennsaid 2% for an aching Achilles. Attending physician wrote script and sent it to their recommended pharmacy. Used the two sample packets and a rash broke out on my ankle along with skin pain. Seven days after my initial visit the Pennsaid arrived by mail. Never used it and my prescription insurance paid $2,297.00 (3.8 fl oz). You wonder big Pharma is loathe by general public?”

new yorker January 22, 2020

“I did a MRI and the doctor found out that I have a mild tendinitis in my biceps. so he prescribed me this medication Pennsaid to use twice a day. So, I used for just one day because in the second day my elbow and forearm was red, swollen and burning. Second day it started to itching so badly. I would like to post the pictures of my arm after 10 days, it is still itching, scabbing and looks like burned. Reading the others the other reviews here I figured out how expensive it is and it is prescribed for osteoarthritis. I am convinced that it the doctor was so negligent in prescribing me such strong medication that obviously wasn't not indicate to my case.”

Leif · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “The best I have found unbelievable good 2% but could only use for 2 days testing since the full cost for my disability is with coupon still $2600 a month . So sad can not afford this that finally worked”

Carol November 3, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Prescribed Pennsaid for knee pain / torn meniscus. Great for pain but now have hot, itchy, red and swollen skin in the area of application. Never will use this again. Be cautious!”

Danny · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “This worked to completely take away pain from a bone spur in my right foot in less than two weeks. Haven't needed it again since the pain went away. I have used it on my knees and it helped for that too. I'm about to try it on my sprained ankle hoping it works. I got this for a discount $10 mailed to my home. Prescribed by a Podiatrist”

Oceangirl June 4, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I loved this Pennsaid cream. It helped me along with my cortisone shots but I developed a itchy rash from it and had to get a cream to take the rash away. It really is depressing because this stuff was really helping me but I am allergy to something in it.”

Blueyes7 · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “For the first several days that I used Pennsaid I had significant pain relief in my knee. However, some pain has returned even with continued use. I hope that I will eventually feel better. So glad that my doctor was able to help me get this prescription at a discount through a pharmaceutical discount provider! Saved $$$$”

Danny Boy December 18, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “By far this is the best topical solution I have ever used. I have osteoarthritis in my right knee (had surgery over 20 yrs ago for torn ligaments) and I have severe back issues (2 ruptured disks and degenerative disk disease). I use Pennsaid for both problems as needed. After application, the pain is gone or immensely diminished within 10 minutes. I am being completely honest. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover this drug and the cost is over $2500 for a 3.8 fl. oz. bottle! When I informed my doctor about this, he put me in contact with a mail order pharmacy . He wrote me a prescription and sent it to this pharmacy and I ended up getting this drug for only $10!! So for all of you who are frustrated with the ridiculous price, research online pharmacies or inform your doctor about the mail order option. I would post the name of the pharmacy that I use but I'm afraid of any legal repercussions that may result. Good luck and don't be fooled into paying full price!”

NoNo · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been using this for a few weeks now and I can feel a difference. I work in an assembly plant so therefore I make the same movement all day long. It work on my shoulders and my wrist. People are saying it cost too much or some get it at a discounted price. I get mine absolutely free and shipped to my house all for free. My dr is the one who told me that she wasn’t even going to write a prescription and have me go to my local pharmacy since I would still pay full price. She uses a mail order pharmacy, she told me that it would cost as much as $10.00 but when the pharmacy called to verify all information they said it’s free!! So you all need to talk to your drs about a mail order pharmacy! My doc saved me tons of money!”

Q · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2018

“I have tore ligaments in both wrist and really bad arthritis and swelling nothing work until I went in to see the doctor yesterday and she gave me some samples of Pennsaid 2% When I tell you it WORKS like a champ immediately finally.”

Brana · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I had replacements in both knees , but I still have a pain worst then before surgery. Now I have hip, ankles, hands joins problem. Doctor prescribed PENNSAID, but I don't have insurance and can't afford pay so much money. It is a ridiculous price”

Betsy · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I've got bad arthritis. I had bilateral knee replacement done 3 yrs ago, my right shoulder rebuilt, and right hand surgery, all within the past 5 years. I've taken so many Advil a day to combat the misery, along with Manuka honey and cinnamon trying to work through the pain and have a joy filled life, but no lie, it's really, REALLY hard some days! I found an unopened box of Pennsaid. I thought I had nothing to lose and began using it. I Am Stunned!! It has taken the burning waves of severe pain out of both hips..(THAT IS HUGE FOR ME!!!)..and has really helped my hands be able to work. It has relieved the residual pain I have in both knees and even the pain of swollen joints in my feet! I'm so happy and pleasantly surprised as I was a total skeptic. I have no insurance, BUT we do have Good RX and I found it for about $80.00!!!!! YAY!!!!! I'm so happy to have a life again....it's been awhile!!”

jack May 7, 2018

“Dr. prescribed for tendon/muscle problems in my elbow. Had injections that helped but extremely painful. Used Pennsaid for 10 days and pain mostly gone. Then, elbow swollen, reddened, blisters, itching. Stop using Pennsaid. 2 weeks later swelling, redness and most blisters gone. Itching continues. Use caution with this product, obviously didn't work for me.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I can't take NSAIDs because I get extremely sick to my stomach when I do (I was diagnosed with gastritis) and my Orthopedic doctor gave me a few samples of PENNSAID and I am impressed. Inside one packet of 2% gel on my knee and the swelling went down almost immediately, and the pain was completely gone for almost 8 hours. I have many joint issues. I have worked jn the service industry for over 20 years, and I love what this drug can do. Unfortunately, I cant afford it ($1000/ month?), and of course my insurance won't cover it. Its really a shame because I think this is a breakthrough kind of treatment for pain. If drugs like this were more available, maybe there wouldn't be such an opiate epidemic in the U.S. Lives would be saved in the long run, and less resources would be used on patients ODing.”

kateyezs · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2018

“I used it for the 1st time tonight on my left foot. I have a bone spur in heel and inflamed tendon. I have had constant soreness and pain for the past 3 months prior to using. It's been 2 hours since I applied it and I am amazed at how well and quick it worked to subside the constant achy pain I have suffered from. I will update in a week or two on how well it consistently works.”

GODSGIFT2DAD · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “The best overall, I have tried all other topicals and nothing ever worked like this. I recommend it for pain.”

Arty B · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I had hip replacement six years ago and recently developed serious pain in my replaced hip where I couldn't sleep. Doctor took x rays of the replaced hip and the hip was perfect. He probed the pain area and I went through the roof. He recommended painsaid to control inflammation, Doc felt my exercise regime causes the inflammation. I got instant relief and I would recommend it.”

Darlene · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I only used this once, but saw improvements right away. I only could get sample. MY insurance won't cover it.I do wish they did”

Alayna March 16, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I recently had an arthroscopic chondroplasty surgery on my knee and I suffer from patellafemoral pain syndrome on both. I have had a hard time recovering from my surgery with stiffness, soreness, inability to go down stairs, bend properly, etc. I was skeptical to how a simple gel could make any difference but boy was I wrong. Highly recommend this product!!! I am like a brand new person and often forget I had surgery until the effects of the gel wear off.”

Bob · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “I had a knee replacement and could not get rid of the swelling. Once my surgeon prescribed Pennsaid boy what a difference it made. This should be given to every patient having knee or hip replacement. Pennsaid made it possible for me to get to the next level in my rehab. Good stuff!!!”

Gingerbread girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “My opinion of this topical medicine is far different than everyone else's. I've been using it for a torn meniscus regularly for two months and I see absolutely no difference. I might as will be putting body butter on my knee. I'm very tuned into medicines, every little side effect and whether it works or doesn't and this stuff is phony baloney.”

nandksmom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 8, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I have osteoarthritis in my right knee, and I run. I also get IT band pain. So sometimes, I am so stiff and achy either from running, or just because. I get super stiff behind my knee, and it makes it hard to even walk, or straighten my leg all the way. I take ibuprofen, I ice it...and that helps some. I woke up this morning with it being extremely stiff behind my knee. I applied Pennsaid all over the back and front of my knee. No kidding - within 5 minutes, most of that stiffness is GONE. I am in shock. And if you have knee pain, you know how debilitating it can feel. This stuff is INSANE - in a good way!! I'm so glad I have it. I literally can't believe how much it helped me. And no, I don't work for a pharmaceutical company.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Expensive garbage”

gunnwiley · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “Many here are saying that the price is about 2K. I don't know if every state has this but it has changed my life. Target near me sells it for $98.00 Pennsaid has helped my bad knees. I would not say it took all of my pain away but it helped lower it. I like that it glides on the skin. i like that you can re apply.”

Mommiedearest11 July 5, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I'm allergic to Ibuprofen, Aspirin, and Naproxen. My doctor knew this. He insisted that this stuff would be fine on me. He put a dab on my hand and said that since there wasn't a rash I was fine. I put it in the places he told me to and the. I got very very very sick. Lethargic almost. It was awful. Major major major stomach cramps and pain. My throat started to close up. It was awful. Do not take this if you are allergic to Ibuprofen. You'll regret it. Some doctors truly are idiots.”