User Reviews for Pennsaid

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Pennsaid.

Osteoarthritis
8.5

Summary of Pennsaid reviews 8.5 20 reviews

Reviews for Pennsaid

For Osteoarthritis "I have osteoarthritis in my right knee, and I run. I also get IT band pain. So sometimes, I am so stiff and achy either from running, or just because. I get super stiff behind my knee, and it makes it hard to even walk, or straighten my leg all the way. I take ibuprofen, I ice it...and that helps some. I woke up this morning with it being extremely stiff behind my knee. I applied Pennsaid all over the back and front of my knee. No kidding - within 5 minutes, most of that stiffness is GONE. I am in shock. And if you have knee pain, you know how debilitating it can feel. This stuff is INSANE - in a good way!! I'm so glad I have it. I literally can't believe how much it helped me. And no, I don't work for a pharmaceutical company."

nandksmom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Expensive garbage"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Many here are saying that the price is about 2K. I don't know if every state has this but it has changed my life. Target near me sells it for $98.00 Pennsaid has helped my bad knees. I would not say it took all of my pain away but it helped lower it. I like that it glides on the skin. i like that you can re apply."

gunnwiley (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I'm allergic to Ibuprofen, Aspirin, and Naproxen. My doctor knew this. He insisted that this stuff would be fine on me. He put a dab on my hand and said that since there wasn't a rash I was fine. I put it in the places he told me to and the. I got very very very sick. Lethargic almost. It was awful. Major major major stomach cramps and pain. My throat started to close up. It was awful. Do not take this if you are allergic to Ibuprofen. You'll regret it. Some doctors truly are idiots."

Mommiedearest11 July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I an 53 and have OA under my kneecaps due to patellafemoral syndrome and poor kneecap tracking. No swelling but lots of pain. Can't take oral NSAIDs due to stomach issues. Unfortunately, despite applying this three times a day for weeks there was no improvement in pain."

Mmom15 June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I've used Volteran in the past and the generic 1.5% Pennsaid solution but the newer 2.0% pump Pennsaid seems to work best. I use it on my knees, hips, hands and feet depending on where I have pain ( as needed). I have psoriatic arthritic and osteoarthritis so I'm very glad I found something that gives me relief. I like the fact that the new Pennsaid has no odor because Volteran has a strong scent. Cost is high though. It's nearly $2700 for one bottle without insurance . This is outrageous since it leaves many people unable to afford it."

Skyemom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I did physical therapy, icing, resting, every technique to try to stop the pain in my knee. I have osteoarthritis as well. This medication was the only thing that worked and stopped the pain in my knee. I am so happy my doctor prescribed this drug for me."

Joey Myla March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I love this medication. I wasmin pain for 7 months with no sign of relief. My doctor gave me samples and I could not believe the instant relief I got from this medication. So far I'm not experiencing any side effects and I hope it continues to be this way."

Mommy Doo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I'm 30 yo male, 6 months ago a had surgery on broken navicular (arch of foot) ever since I've had occasional swelling and pain towards the end of the day, I'm very active work outdoors. I take Movic as needed but requested something along the line of a cream for on site relief from my Dr, he gave me some Pennsaid samples. I will be requesting a prescription asap! I get relief in 10 minutes of application ! Hope this helps someone"

Maximk November 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using Pennsaid for about 8 wks. It is working well in conjunction with cortisone shots in my knees every 3 months. My insurance covered it totally, to my surprise! My only complaint is the pump on the bottle quit working on the first RX before it was empty. It just quit pumping and I had to wait till I could refill my next month supply. POOR DESIGN on the pump."

bad knees November 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "oh my gosh,,,,,,,,I have to admit, I had absolutely NO HOPE that a topical would work for my bone on bone osteoarthritis in my knees,,,,,,I've been in some pretty nasty pain, walking with a cane on some days, and unable to walk very far or stand even long enough to do dishes. I'm 51 years old, and I'm using a scooter at Disney World, because I simply CAN NOT walk to the GATE much less around the park,,,, Well, I'm not going to say that suddenly I can run a marathon, nor can I walk around Disney,,,,,,but the stiffness has loosened up, the swelling has gone down, and I can walk around my house without furniture walking,,,,,I can walk in the back yard to walk the dogs and I can stand to do dishes or fold a load of laundry,,,, 5 stars!"

CommaHolly (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "better than pain pills works the best and goes right to the pain"

bgmk321 August 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using pennsaid topical for a week now on my neck (Facets in my cervical 2-7are narrowing and pinching nerves) ... Great results... Not having any pain.. It is calming down the nerves!!! What a relief!! The only side effect is a slight burning for about the first five minutes after applying... But then it subsides! This is a God send for me!!!"

NeNe1961 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "The first time my doctor suggested Voltaren cream. I have osteo in both knees, right ankle and my spine. After several tubes and no reduction of pain or swelling my doctor suggested Pennsaid . The difference was like day and night. Not only did it reduce the pain but the swelling in my ankle was also reduced. When I investigated both products I was shocked to find that only Pennsaid contains a delivery agent DMSO that Voltaren does not . So it seems the DMSO delivers directly into the joint while the Voltaren only stays on the skin. Bottom line I will never spend my money on anything else going forward ....Pennsaid works for me."

Osteo stricken (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Have been using Pennsaid for over eight years but strictly on an as needed basis (2-3) times a week. Very effective for knees and hips (almost instant relief). Only side effect is an occasional oral off taste."

brok (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Relieves knee and hip osteoarthritis pain immediately. Have used when required for approximately 4 years with no known side effects. I am 70 year old with hypertension controlled with medication."

group lady (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "My Doctor gave me some samples last year. It did work on my knees and I also used it on my lower back. I wish I had gotten a prescription for it because it gave me relief from oral medicines for a couple of days. "

Julie Kane (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I tried others but they did not work as well as PENNSAID, I recommend Pennsaid, it works great on me."

gonvy December 24, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Also for rheumatoid arthritis. FANTASTIC, to say the LEAST!"

hoosiermom May 14, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "After taking meloxicam for my osteoarthritis in my knee, I found the meloxicam started giving me severe stomach pain. My doctor switched me to Pennsaid topical ointment. First, I found I was drowsy on this medication, but this side effect soon went away. The Pennsaid has taken away my knee pain, plus I have no stomach problems, because it is not ingested, but goes directly to the source of my pain. I recommend this medicine for those who cannot take oral NSAIDS."

debcat53 August 3, 2010