User Reviews for Pennsaid

Osteoarthritis
8.5

Summary of Pennsaid reviews 8.1 28 reviews

Reviews for Pennsaid

For Osteoarthritis "I've got bad arthritis. I had bilateral knee replacement done 3 yrs ago, my right shoulder rebuilt, and right hand surgery, all within the past 5 years. I've taken so many Advil a day to combat the misery, along with Manuka honey and cinnamon trying to work through the pain and have a joy filled life, but no lie, it's really, REALLY hard some days! I found an unopened box of Pennsaid. I thought I had nothing to lose and began using it. I Am Stunned!! It has taken the burning waves of severe pain out of both hips..(THAT IS HUGE FOR ME!!!)..and has really helped my hands be able to work. It has relieved the residual pain I have in both knees and even the pain of swollen joints in my feet! I'm so happy and pleasantly surprised as I was a total skeptic. I have no insurance, BUT we do have Good RX and I found it for about $80.00!!!!! YAY!!!!! I'm so happy to have a life again....it's been awhile!!"

Betsy (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"Dr. prescribed for tendon/muscle problems in my elbow. Had injections that helped but extremely painful. Used Pennsaid for 10 days and pain mostly gone. Then, elbow swollen, reddened, blisters, itching. Stop using Pennsaid. 2 weeks later swelling, redness and most blisters gone. Itching continues. Use caution with this product, obviously didn't work for me."

jack May 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I can't take NSAIDs because I get extremely sick to my stomach when I do (I was diagnosed with gastritis) and my Orthopedic doctor gave me a few samples of PENNSAID and I am impressed. Inside one packet of 2% gel on my knee and the swelling went down almost immediately, and the pain was completely gone for almost 8 hours. I have many joint issues. I have worked jn the service industry for over 20 years, and I love what this drug can do. Unfortunately, I cant afford it ($1000/ month?), and of course my insurance won't cover it. Its really a shame because I think this is a breakthrough kind of treatment for pain. If drugs like this were more available, maybe there wouldn't be such an opiate epidemic in the U.S. Lives would be saved in the long run, and less resources would be used on patients ODing."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

"I used it for the 1st time tonight on my left foot. I have a bone spur in heel and inflamed tendon. I have had constant soreness and pain for the past 3 months prior to using. It's been 2 hours since I applied it and I am amazed at how well and quick it worked to subside the constant achy pain I have suffered from. I will update in a week or two on how well it consistently works."

kateyezs (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "The best overall, I have tried all other topicals and nothing ever worked like this. I recommend it for pain."

GODSGIFT2DAD (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had hip replacement six years ago and recently developed serious pain in my replaced hip where I couldn't sleep. Doctor took x rays of the replaced hip and the hip was perfect. He probed the pain area and I went through the roof. He recommended painsaid to control inflammation, Doc felt my exercise regime causes the inflammation. I got instant relief and I would recommend it."

Arty B (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I only used this once, but saw improvements right away. I only could get sample. MY insurance won't cover it.I do wish they did"

Darlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I recently had an arthroscopic chondroplasty surgery on my knee and I suffer from patellafemoral pain syndrome on both. I have had a hard time recovering from my surgery with stiffness, soreness, inability to go down stairs, bend properly, etc. I was skeptical to how a simple gel could make any difference but boy was I wrong. Highly recommend this product!!! I am like a brand new person and often forget I had surgery until the effects of the gel wear off."

Alayna March 16, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had a knee replacement and could not get rid of the swelling. Once my surgeon prescribed Pennsaid boy what a difference it made. This should be given to every patient having knee or hip replacement. Pennsaid made it possible for me to get to the next level in my rehab. Good stuff!!!"

Bob (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "My opinion of this topical medicine is far different than everyone else's. I've been using it for a torn meniscus regularly for two months and I see absolutely no difference. I might as will be putting body butter on my knee. I'm very tuned into medicines, every little side effect and whether it works or doesn't and this stuff is phony baloney."

Gingerbread girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have osteoarthritis in my right knee, and I run. I also get IT band pain. So sometimes, I am so stiff and achy either from running, or just because. I get super stiff behind my knee, and it makes it hard to even walk, or straighten my leg all the way. I take ibuprofen, I ice it...and that helps some. I woke up this morning with it being extremely stiff behind my knee. I applied Pennsaid all over the back and front of my knee. No kidding - within 5 minutes, most of that stiffness is GONE. I am in shock. And if you have knee pain, you know how debilitating it can feel. This stuff is INSANE - in a good way!! I'm so glad I have it. I literally can't believe how much it helped me. And no, I don't work for a pharmaceutical company."

nandksmom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "Expensive garbage"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "Many here are saying that the price is about 2K. I don't know if every state has this but it has changed my life. Target near me sells it for $98.00 Pennsaid has helped my bad knees. I would not say it took all of my pain away but it helped lower it. I like that it glides on the skin. i like that you can re apply."

gunnwiley (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I'm allergic to Ibuprofen, Aspirin, and Naproxen. My doctor knew this. He insisted that this stuff would be fine on me. He put a dab on my hand and said that since there wasn't a rash I was fine. I put it in the places he told me to and the. I got very very very sick. Lethargic almost. It was awful. Major major major stomach cramps and pain. My throat started to close up. It was awful. Do not take this if you are allergic to Ibuprofen. You'll regret it. Some doctors truly are idiots."

Mommiedearest11 July 5, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I an 53 and have OA under my kneecaps due to patellafemoral syndrome and poor kneecap tracking. No swelling but lots of pain. Can't take oral NSAIDs due to stomach issues. Unfortunately, despite applying this three times a day for weeks there was no improvement in pain."

Mmom15 June 24, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I've used Volteran in the past and the generic 1.5% Pennsaid solution but the newer 2.0% pump Pennsaid seems to work best. I use it on my knees, hips, hands and feet depending on where I have pain ( as needed). I have psoriatic arthritic and osteoarthritis so I'm very glad I found something that gives me relief. I like the fact that the new Pennsaid has no odor because Volteran has a strong scent. Cost is high though. It's nearly $2700 for one bottle without insurance . This is outrageous since it leaves many people unable to afford it."

Skyemom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I did physical therapy, icing, resting, every technique to try to stop the pain in my knee. I have osteoarthritis as well. This medication was the only thing that worked and stopped the pain in my knee. I am so happy my doctor prescribed this drug for me."

Joey Myla March 27, 2017

For Osteoarthritis "I love this medication. I wasmin pain for 7 months with no sign of relief. My doctor gave me samples and I could not believe the instant relief I got from this medication. So far I'm not experiencing any side effects and I hope it continues to be this way."

Mommy Doo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I'm 30 yo male, 6 months ago a had surgery on broken navicular (arch of foot) ever since I've had occasional swelling and pain towards the end of the day, I'm very active work outdoors. I take Movic as needed but requested something along the line of a cream for on site relief from my Dr, he gave me some Pennsaid samples. I will be requesting a prescription asap! I get relief in 10 minutes of application ! Hope this helps someone"

Maximk November 12, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using Pennsaid for about 8 wks. It is working well in conjunction with cortisone shots in my knees every 3 months. My insurance covered it totally, to my surprise! My only complaint is the pump on the bottle quit working on the first RX before it was empty. It just quit pumping and I had to wait till I could refill my next month supply. POOR DESIGN on the pump."

bad knees November 1, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "oh my gosh,,,,,,,,I have to admit, I had absolutely NO HOPE that a topical would work for my bone on bone osteoarthritis in my knees,,,,,,I've been in some pretty nasty pain, walking with a cane on some days, and unable to walk very far or stand even long enough to do dishes. I'm 51 years old, and I'm using a scooter at Disney World, because I simply CAN NOT walk to the GATE much less around the park,,,, Well, I'm not going to say that suddenly I can run a marathon, nor can I walk around Disney,,,,,,but the stiffness has loosened up, the swelling has gone down, and I can walk around my house without furniture walking,,,,,I can walk in the back yard to walk the dogs and I can stand to do dishes or fold a load of laundry,,,, 5 stars!"

CommaHolly (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "better than pain pills works the best and goes right to the pain"

bgmk321 August 6, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I have been using pennsaid topical for a week now on my neck (Facets in my cervical 2-7are narrowing and pinching nerves) ... Great results... Not having any pain.. It is calming down the nerves!!! What a relief!! The only side effect is a slight burning for about the first five minutes after applying... But then it subsides! This is a God send for me!!!"

NeNe1961 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "The first time my doctor suggested Voltaren cream. I have osteo in both knees, right ankle and my spine. After several tubes and no reduction of pain or swelling my doctor suggested Pennsaid . The difference was like day and night. Not only did it reduce the pain but the swelling in my ankle was also reduced. When I investigated both products I was shocked to find that only Pennsaid contains a delivery agent DMSO that Voltaren does not . So it seems the DMSO delivers directly into the joint while the Voltaren only stays on the skin. Bottom line I will never spend my money on anything else going forward ....Pennsaid works for me."

Osteo stricken (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Have been using Pennsaid for over eight years but strictly on an as needed basis (2-3) times a week. Very effective for knees and hips (almost instant relief). Only side effect is an occasional oral off taste."

brok (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 1, 2015