User Reviews for Arthrotec (Page 2)

Sciatica 8.9
Osteoarthritis 8.6
Rheumatoid Arthritis 8.1
Summary of Arthrotec reviews 8.5 41 reviews

Reviews for Arthrotec

Anonymous December 5, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: “I have had pain and stiffness in my neck for quite some time and this medication has greatly improved these symptoms. I use it every other day and it works very well.”

Kristym November 14, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: “Lupus: I have been taking Arthrotec for two weeks now; my symptoms have improved tremedously. I tired Mobic 15 mg., Celebrex, Lyrica and just about everything else that would decrease pain. I know it has side effects but walking and being productive is well worth the risk.”

Anonymous July 6, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: “Was given Arthrotec 75 (1x/day) for residual pain following a car accident. Got to the point I could barely walk most days and, on my best days, would have very little endurance for walking or even standing. By day 2 of taking Arthrotec 75, I felt like I was made whole again. It is my wonder drug. Found I can skip a day and be okay if not too much physical activity, and at times have taken a 2nd dose midday during more strenuous activities. No side effects that I have noticed. I don't like taking medicines so I hope I won't need to take these for too long, but so grateful for them right now. I can actually do things for myself again.”

Txtamsland April 2, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: “I'm a 40 year old Mom with stage 4 breast cancer with metastasis to bone from head to toe. As you can imagine, I'm in considerable pain all the time. They have kept upping my morphine and although going without the morphine is not an option I am tired of doubling it all the time. I since gone to a pain doctor that prescribed Arthrotec 75 and at last I can go hiking with my kids again. I can go shopping with them and not be exhausted from pain. I am very grateful to Arthrotec 75 because it has given me a piece of my life back. The only side effects I've had from it is a little bit of an achy stomach and I've been very gassy. Well worth the trade off.”

Chevy1963 March 27, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: “I love Arthrotec and did not realize just how well it was working for me until I switched to Celebrex, which did nothing. Within days on Celebrex I was so stiff I could hardly walk. I have back issues from arthritis (nerve impingement, etc.) and have epidural spinal injections. I promptly went right back to the Arthrotec. But, I do realize now that the Arthrotec does make me very drowsy and hungry. The hunger and cravings is really strange, but during the time on Celebrex I wasn't hungry at all while dieting. So, it's either pain and stiffness, or drowsiness and hunger. I chose not to have pain.”

Anonymous January 20, 2011

For Sciatica: “I was suffering from sciatica, herniated and bulging disc L5-L6. Had multiple epidural shots and radiofrequency, which gave temporary relief. I had been prescribed Arthrotec a while back but did not take it until pain was unbearable lately. I could not get comfortable whether I was standing, sitting or lying down. Driving was also torture. Within 2 days of taking Arthrotec 75 (2X daily), my pain disappeared almost completely. After reading comments, I will try 1 pill per day to see if it sustains.”

HarryG October 26, 2010

For Sciatica: “Arthrotec75 was prescribed after I developed serious aching in my right thigh that prevented me from standing or walking for more than a few minutes. Eventually, a herniated disc at L-4-L5 was diagnosed. A large fragment was pressing up against a nerve. After a few more weeks, the onset of motor deficit in my foot led to the need to have surgery. If that hadn't happened, I might have been able to avoid the surgery indefinitely by continuing to take Arthrotec. Other NSAIDs might have worked too, but protection of the stomach lining by Arthrotec's misoprostol was appealing.”

giblet September 9, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I found this medicine relieved my pain very well. I was taking 75 mg twice a day and this did me very well. Except I had a side effect that caused me concern. I gained 25 pounds and could not lose this weight. Gaining weight is not good when you suffer arthritis. Until I was taken off this drug I could not lose weight and kept gaining. When I was off it I lost 5 pounds in one month and now have lost 20 of the 25 I gained. ”

allyoop_58 June 12, 2010

For Osteoarthritis: “I had been taking Arthrotec 75mg 2 X's per day for several years and it worked great! No more severe pain in my lower back but HUMANA decided I didn't need it any longer, just because there was no generic for it. Now I live in severe pain daily. Other medicines either do not work or they hurt my stomach so bad I can't take them. I miss my Arthrotec. ”

DAVID IVES November 26, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “Very effective daily use 2 x 75mg per day. Hell if you forget one or two though. Now dependent on it!”

MrTony8 November 21, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “This is a wonder drug! I have not been able to lie down for more than a few hours for years. Since I started Arthrotec 75 I can stay in bed 8 hours with almost NO pain. I have painful hips and shoulders.”

Anonymous September 13, 2009

For Sciatica: “It works!!!”

calicocat June 27, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was on Arthrotec for about 2 years and found it to be a great drug, but now have had to go off it because of risk of kidney damage and cannot take any more NSAIDs. I have been put on Plaquenil and while waiting for it to kick in, have also been put on Prednisone, which has helped tremendously. Hope the Plaquenil will soon work so I can get off the Prednisone.”

Anonymous November 3, 2008

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I started taking it twice a day and have seen an improvement. I can count on one hand the times I've had to take pain medicines since I've started taking Arthrotec. I'm anxious to see how I do next time the weather changes. Now I want to get of the Lyrica that I've been taking for over a year.”

Anonymous September 2, 2008

For Sciatica: “I have a bulging disc on my L5 that is pinching my sciatic nerve. Arthrotec started working right away. I only take one a day. No side effects yet.”

ardie July 11, 2008

For Osteoarthritis: “I just started Arthotec 75 mg two days ago. I can't believe that after 2 pills I was feeling no pain. My legs were working, I could walk normally, my spine wasn't hurting and my feet were pain free. This is a new life for me. I have been in constant pain for a long time and needed injections in my feet and spine to cope. I am ready to tell the world how well this is working for me.”

havaiisteve May 19, 2008

For Osteoarthritis: “I tried Celebex and other drugs to releived joint pain in the ankles, knees, wrist and fingers with little relief. 3 days on Arthrotec 75, only once a day and I was almost as good as new. Able to work on the treadmill, take long hikes, write and type. Maybe the best part was not waking up at night with pain in all the fingers. By accident, I also found that taking one pill ever other day is suffient for me.”

lilcrow April 28, 2008

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Can't live without it.”