User Reviews for Promethazine DM to treat Cough

Promethazine DM has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Cough. 38% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 46% reported a negative effect.

Promethazine DM Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 416 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Promethazine DM

Nanaof12 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2021

“Promethazine DM has not helped my cough ONE bit! Others said it made them sleepy. It hasn’t helped me like that at all. If I could ONLY get some sleep it would be nice. No this medication has not helped one bit. The over the counter cough syrup works just as good if not better than this. I sure was hoping it would give me some relief!”

Boo Bear · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2020

“Promethazine DM is the only stuff that helps when I get my bronchitis flare-ups. Everything works on everyone in different ways. But this stuff help suppress my cough and helps with the pain because of coughing so hard.”

Bella August 19, 2020

“Did not help my cough at all. It made me very drowsy, but still couldn’t sleep because of coughing fits.”

Krista L. · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2017

“Had severe bronchitis and non stop cough for over 2 weeks. It hurt to cough. As soon as I started feeling bad and getting worse as the day wore on, I saw my primary care doctor. He put me on the Promethazine-DM 6.25- 15mg cough syrup. Helped me tremendously. I'm on my last refill.”

Lauryn Deane · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2016

“I had a really bad cough that came along with a sinus infection and pharyngitis(whatever that is) and this didn't help one bit. Didn't help me sleep or take the edge off the cough. It smelled like pineapple/tropical fruit but tasted like floor cleaner smells.”

Theresa l December 26, 2015

“So far this medicine is working a little, but I've only been on it for 1 day, I need to get it more time so really can't comment on it. My bronchitis is making me cough a lot, so I hope this stuff works.”

Jinheaven August 6, 2015

“It knocked me out.”

Netted · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2015

“it helps me”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2015

“It knocked me out but it works”

Sickly1365247 · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2016

“It didn't help with my cough or sleep like the Nurse said. I had better results with OTC meds.”

JR · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2019

“Been using this for three days now and hasn't help me stop coughing or sleep yet. Going to try one more night thenI plan to go back to dr. Coughing at night and trying to sleep doesn't work.”

very gassy · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2016

“Work, but it's giving me a lot of gas”

Patty May 8, 2019

“Right after I took Promethazine DM I felt as though I was going to pass out. Started walking sideways so went right to bed. I guess it's OK if you're able to sleep all day. No thanks.”

Alice · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

“It has not worked at all. I am up all night and all day still coughing”

Learn more about Cough

More about Promethazine DM (dextromethorphan / promethazine)

Other brands