User Reviews for Zenzedi to treat ADHD

Zenzedi has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of ADHD. 76% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Zenzedi Rating Summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Zenzedi

Doug March 7, 2018

“After years of adderall and the inconsistency in quality offered by generics, Zenzedi is the only medicine that has worked great for two years now. No hard crashes with mood swings. Effective for 4 to 6 hours depending on my food choices for the day. No insomnia problems as long as last dose is between 4 and 5 pm. I'm prescribed 30mg 3 times daily.”

Faike · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 9, 2020

“Zenzedi is my favorite ADHD medication by far little side effects lasts a long time no strange tolerance build up either, I take it in the morning and it works 100x better than Mydaysis, Adderall brand or not, the weird chewable one, and Vyvanse. I've been on all of them I think and I really find this one to be the best. My insurance doesn't cover it but I don't care it's worth it - I rather spend money on one drug that helps rather then a bunch of other adhd medications combined.”

Louis Cyphre September 10, 2020

“Generic Adderall started to do nothing but cause me anxiety. Generic dextroamphetamine tablets are now about 30% as effective as Dexedrine and Dextrostat tablets were. Both have been discontinued. Vyvanse is effective, but sometimes I do not want or need something that lasts 12 hours, and other times, it wears off after 8-9 hours and I need a booster. This works as well as original Dexedrine tablets. There is no lactose or gluten, unlike the garbage generics. Truly an amazing med for my ADHD and fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue.”

Megsadd · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2017

“I wrote previously about loving Zenzedi and switching to Adderall XR due to insurance. After 1 month of Adderall, I am going back to Zenzedi. Adderall was just not for me. I had mental issues all month long and just didn't focus as much. My family even noticed a difference. I called my Insurance and they approved Zenzedi easily.”

SilasSilasSilas · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 18, 2014

“I take two 20mg a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). Details: -20 y/o female -diagnosed ADD for 4 years -tried Adderall (worked decently, bad crashes) and methylphenidate (nausea, motion sickness, didn't help ADD) -other conditions: severe depression, OCD PROS: -extremely helpful, like night and day -no jitter, tremor, etc -no crash CONS: -reduced appetite -*have to special order through Target pharmacy because most places don't keep it in stock”

Dextro, Dexy · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2015

“The most reliable and consistent ADHD CNS I've ever taken! Their new instant release tablets they came out with recently, are really great. Instead of taking the usual four salts (Adderall), you have one (Dextroamphetamine Sulfate). My grades and focus went up about 30 percent after taking these on right dose. I've been stuggling with ADHD since I was 6 yro. Also, I take 30mg x 3 per day. I always joke with friends that dexy makes me feel sexy.”

Prius · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2021

“It works well, strong enough at 20mg, only lasts as long Adderall. Needs to be redosed later on in the day. I feel that it has more focusing power than Dexedrine spaniels 15, Ritalin ir 20, or adderall ir 20, however I notice some serious clenched jaw and an urge to grind teeth even into the next day while not taking it. It’s strong and effective, however I would also like to mention, the feeling of withdrawal from 1 day of this medication reminds me of the withdrawal of months on adderall. It’s definitely a great medication, and I remember thinking it has fewer side effects and greater consistency than generics. I would also like to add I’ve been diagnosed ADHD since I was 7, and have been on most every ADHD medication and even with record of this my insurance continues to deny covering this medication, even after countless phone calls.”

Condell July 26, 2016

“The generic for this med didn't work at all, however the name brand (for some reason) is amazing! It has changed my life after so many other meds have failed. I am able to study, take notes, and remember what I've read now. The only reason I did not give it a 10 is because I am having some issues with insomnia. I'm sure that is related to the timing and strength of my last dose of the day however, and will adjusted. It can be expensive, however after trying everything else and nothing else working, I would rather pay for this than deal with awful symptoms all day.”

The absolute best · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2016

“Have gone from Adderall to Vyvanse to Dextroamphetamine IR and after 6 months on this, I can say it is by far the best. Same cost as the generic for the same quantity with my insurance and I like the higher dosages since I take 40mg/day. It has the consistency of Vyvanse with the duration of IR tablets.”

Megsadd · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 19, 2016

“I was on zenzedi for about 6 months. I loved it! I have only tried Ritalin for my ADD and it made me psychotic, and once I stopped taking it I was too scared to take anything else. Well 10 years later, and sick of my ADD, I was prescribed this medication and it worked! I also had no beginning side effects. The only complaint I have is how quickly it wore off, but it could be my own metabolism and anyone else could be different. However, due to my new insurance I am switching to Adderall XR, I'll write an comparison opinion when I begin taking it.”

Evilmage · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2018

“This stuff makes you feel like the king of the world! Unfortunately, that euphoria after 5 hours turns to dysphoria and the crying starts. Horrible thoughts that I'm a failure and no way to calm down. There should be an extended version of this drug because that 5 hour comedown is horrible.”

aus · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2020

“I had been taking Vyvanse close to a year with great success, but needed something I could gauge when I needed to dose and not take Vyvanse which kept me awake for 12-13 hours. Switched to Dexedrine and went through 3 months worth (all different manufacturers) of horrible generics. I finally got Zenzedi this last month, and it seems to work for maybe 45 minutes. This is not what I was expecting, did the formula change or something? It feels like I took a bad adderall to be honest. Generic Sandoz adderall is more like vyvanse than Zenzedi is, at least for me lately. 10mg 2x a day. Has anyone else noticed an issue lately?”

5chicks · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2016

“I would rather not take any medicine at all than take this med. it made me feel awful. Achy all over, headache, blurred vision, no energy. Numbness in hands and feet. I wouldn't recommend it. It didn't help me focus or stay awake. In fact I just wanted to lay down it made my head hurt so bad.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2021

“Been prescribed this for 6 months now 15 mg twice a day needed to boost me up to 30 mg twice a day but no side effects feel great my local cvs now has it all the time for me. My insurance covers it I pay ten bucks for 60 and have gotten off all my bi polar meds and depression meds due to this med love it”

RanthonyD August 1, 2021

“I have ADHD, formerly known as ADD. It wasn’t caught until I was about 19 years old, around the same time my mom was diagnosed with it as well. Turns out that it is usually hereditary, and is related to Neuro degenerative conditions and can actually progress into things like fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s and even Alzheimer’s. I have fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome, narcolepsy, suspected multiple sclerosis but insurance won’t pay for the test, and even now getting symptoms of Parkinson’s. There are only four ingredients in this formulation. They are also free of lactose and gluten, with no generic company will guarantee. I am lactose intolerant and celiac, so the generic medications would make me very sick. These have far fewer side effects and are almost as good as the original dexedrine tablets. I can’t put my finger on what exactly is missing, but they are very very close to being as effective.”

Nate · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 5, 2019

“I’ve taken stimulant medication for 13 years. I’ve found Zenzedi superior to Adderall, Vyvanse, Straterra, and Ritalin.”

Focusing15 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2017

“Optimal”

Nolan July 20, 2021

“This medication via instant release gave me auditory hallucinations and psychosis. I now take extended release Dexedrine Spansules and my life and well being have immediately improved.”