User Reviews for Focalin (Page 4)

ADHD

Reviews for Focalin

H January 6, 2021

For ADHD: “I took focalin for 2 days and it immediately put me into the deepest darkest depression I’ve ever experienced. It barely helped with my focus, the little help it did offer wore off in a couple hours. Definitely not worth the depression it caused.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2015

For ADHD: “Experienced zombie like state, very hostile, constant headache, felt a feeling of sadness come over me and wanted to cry randomly. I talk with my doc. who told me to decrease my dosage but I still had these effects. On to something else.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2017

For ADHD: “I'm 22 in college, I've been taking Prozac for anxiety and depression and it's worked great!! I decided to take on my ADHD that I've had my whole life. Since having taken Focalin 20mg I have been a MESS. Both medicines contradict each other. I have been very anxious taking this. I'm also very jittery non stop moving and sweaty. I'm hungry to the point of feeling faint, but can't eat bc even the thought of eating makes me want to throw up. Some days my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. I always wake up at 6am feeling great and fall back asleep and wake up later feeling like rubbish. I haven't really been able to tell if it has helped me focus on school but I'll begin focusing on other things like my phone or daydreaming.”

Anonymous August 30, 2009

For Auditory Processing Disorder: “I'm a 16 year old female and, I started taking Focalin three days ago, only 2.5. I take it at 7:15 am I notice when it wears of about three hours later. I don't really have trouble falling asleep but I do kind of have trouble staying asleep. All day I have a sore throat and a runny nose, even once I've already felt it wear off. When I stand up I get dizzy and have to stop and hold on to something to keep from falling. I've also experienced high blood pressure from it and headaches that make my eyes water. When I look at a computer or T.V my eyes feel like I'm about to fall asleep but I can't close them except to blink.”

Taylor Le Bon July 22, 2011

For ADHD: “37-year old female, 10 mgs about 4.30 AM; prescribed three days ago; used for ADD-like symptoms associated with Asperger's. I feel more comfortable in my skin, focus lasts for more than 12 hours. Only problems: cannot eat apples without getting spacey for about a half-an-hour (used to eat them to boost focus and energy when my Strattera wore off after four hours), and have to really fight to focus during monthly cycle. However, no other complaints, yet. Also on Lisinopril (20 mgs) for blood-pressure and Metoprolol (betamblocker to reduce betawaves for anxiety; 25 mgs). Concerta XR was good too and had the same effect.”

Gretchen · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2020

For ADHD: “I’ve taken focalin once a few years ago and again just recently. Both times it made me very tired, to the point where I often have to take a nap 45 minutes after taking it because I’m so tired! I’ve never had this happen with any other ADHD medication except Focalin. It only helped my ADHD symptoms a tiny bit, but the side effects weren’t worth it and both times I switched meds. Besides feeling truly tired (not “crash” tired, actually like a I have to sleep) the other side effects I got from this medication: ear pressure, fast heartbeat, and ringing in ears.”

mollusk189 · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For ADHD: “Worked my way up from 2.5mg twice daily to 10mg twice daily. No symptom relief on 2.5mg, mild symptom relief and moderate nausea on 5mg, mild symptom relief and severe nausea on 10mg. The crash made me puke for the first time in sixteen years. Never again.”

Cherry · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 10, 2020

For ADHD: “I took focalin as a kid and it worked, but it messed me up. I had an erratic and unhealthy sleep schedule, I became anorexic and never ended up ending my anorexia even after I stopped taking it. A lot more happened that I don’t want to go into but I do NOT recommend it”

Itznuthin January 26, 2011

For ADHD: “It is essentially the only medicine that has been prescribed for me for ADD, so I cannot compare it to others. However, I feel it is very effective. I have found greater success varying the strength over time rather than staying with a single dosage level.”

indygrrl May 4, 2010

For ADHD: “38 year oid female - within three days of taking this medication (1/day at lowest dosage) I was suicidal. Depression, but NO previous history of suicidal tendencies. There were no other changes in my life other than this medication. I recovered quickly after stopping taking Focalin. I also had strong negative reaction to Vyvanse. Doc said there was something unusual about how my body metabolizes this particular medications. Concerta has done well for me, considering Ritalin SR due to cost.”

Student · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 17, 2020

For ADHD: “I’ve been taking focalin ever since my junior year of high school, I’m now a junior in college. When I started taking it I was on 15 mg extended release and 10mg regular . No side effects other than some sweating and just the medicine helping me focus and doing what it was supposed to. It seems that the longer I’ve taken it the worse the symptoms got. I now still sweat when taking it along with nausea (used to be occasional but it’s getting very frequent now) vomiting, and extreme frequent urge to go to the bathroom (”

christians dad November 27, 2010

For ADHD: “I put my 6 yr old on this, 5mgs about 2 weeks ago. He is at school the whole time he is on it. He takes it at 7 am and by 4 when he gets home he is back to his hyper self. I can tell a little bit of difference though. Hhe has no reactions that I can tell.”

plainfieldmom September 11, 2010

For ADHD: “My 10-year son has ADHD (combined) and ODD. Focalin XR so far is the only medication that works on my son's inattentiveness. However, on 15 mg he was very moody and glassy eyed. Found out later that he was overmedicated. What I didn't like about Focalin was that he became very quiet almost Zombie like. Also, the medication did not last in his system long enough. He stopped takes Focalin XR over a year now and has been on Vyvanse (70mg.) I am considering putting him back on Focalin with a lower dose.”

Pancake · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2021

For ADHD: “Just went on this drug recently and I have taken other ADHD medication. Focalin makes me feel extremely anxious and weak. I have never experienced this with any other ADHD medication. It makes me feel like I can only sit in one area and do nothing. It doesn’t help my focus ability and ability to complete tasks.”

:) · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 9, 2020

For ADHD: “Like all ADHD medicines there are side effects. But Focalin is the one with the least side effects that is an affordable price. The few side effects experience are heightened heart rate but I believe this is due to my breathing so once I take a few deep breaths I am no longer short on breath and my heart rate goes back down. I really appreciate the no hyper focus that I got on generic adderall and brand adderall”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 31, 2020

For ADHD: “Focalin just makes you irritable and tired all the time doesn't even make you pay attention”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

For ADHD: “This medicine made my son so sick. He became anorexic and very nauseous. It made him very aggressive and we had to take him off it.”

Mom of Clifford September 20, 2016

For ADHD: “Best thing out there for my son that is now 10 years old. We have tried several others medicine with no help. Thank God for focal in he is a new boy!”

Uuyxusjs August 17, 2019

For ADHD: “Focalin makes me feel more bored and a little zombish”

JCGould October 29, 2008

For ADHD: “At first it was extremely helpful but after the first year or so of extended use, the effects begin to diminish. Not dramatically but enough to be noticed.”

CactusAdd · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 5, 2021

For ADHD: “Helps with focus but my anxiety has increased tenfold”

Anonymous December 25, 2010

For ADHD: “My son has been on focalin for this school year. It does calm him but his teachers say it does not help him focus. He sit at his desk and holds his pencil but will not do the work.”

Idk · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 11, 2020

For ADHD: “Focalin make my hand and stomach numb and cause a tired feeling and a meh feeling and see if feeling but everyone says it helps me”

Sgm January 5, 2015

For ADHD: “I've been taking Focalin XR for the past 6 years and it worked well. This past year it hasn't worked for as long as it used to. It wears off about 1.”