User Reviews for Desoximetasone topical to treat Eczema

Also known as: Topicort

Desoximetasone topical Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Desoximetasone topical

JCSMama16 June 24, 2019

“My 3 year old toddler has suffered terribly with eczema during warmer and humid months since around his first birthday. His feet and hands get the worst of it. As this season broke, immediately his hands became cracked and peeling and were just a mess. We returned to the dermatologist (we go every 3-6 months since this started desperate for a solution as all other ointments and creams and antihistamines he was prescribed in the past have given him no relief when this bad. When I apply this cream I cut it with Vanicream (OTC) because so strong and his hands were so cracked and sensitive. It has been only a week and his hands are so, so, improved! I would say they are 80% healed! I pray that he continues to respond to this cream and we have found our saving grace!”

Skye T. · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2017

“After suffering with dyshidrotic eczema on my feet for more than a year, I finally went to a dermatologist and she gave me a sample tube of Topicort (desoximetasone) 0.05% ointment. After two applications, the intense itching stopped and the blisters started healing. Unfortunately, I have a high dedictible health plan and a tube of this (even generic) costs over $300 in my area (NC). My insurance also requires step therapy (despite that I have to pay so much out of pocket).”

marissa91 June 13, 2016

“I have eczema and psorisis. I have had eczema symptoms since childhood and symptoms from psorisis since the beginning of adulthood. Both are genetic. I have eczema on my arms, legs, sides, and have had it on my eyelids and face. I have psorisis on my elbows, feet, hands, and knees. This cream is the only thing that works for me. It works best with eczema, and the bumps will go away within a 2-3 applications. They won't appear again for a while. Clearing up the red patches from psorisis takes longer, but the itching will go away quickly. I love this product and have been using it for 10 years now. It is expensive if you don't have insurance that will cover prescriptions. It is very affordable with my insurance.”

poorfeet June 18, 2015

“I have had a horrible reaction to this medication (desoximetasone .25%, cream). My feet and hands are burning, and the skin is now very dry, and itchy. This is my first time using this medication.”

Catxo · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2015

“I just recently began suffering from eczema for the first time at 16 years old in the creases of my arms. It was extremely confusing and itchy and red. The patches on my arms were so red and inflamed I would scratch so bad they'd bleed at times. Then my mom gave me this cream and told me to use it. I used it 2 times in 2 weeks and my eczema was literally gone. No patches, no itching, no redness, my arms were 100% healed. My eczema hasn't come back so far ( almost a month after using the cream ) but I will continue to keep this cream and use it if any eczema comes back. It has literally saved me ! I got it from urgent care also”

CJ14 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2012

Topicort (desoximetasone): “It kept my dry skin moisturized but I over used it and spread it all over my legs and ended up with stretch marks on my legs from thinning.”

ChristinaHall April 2, 2009

“I have struggled with treating my eczema for 20 years, and my hands were especially difficult to treat effectively. After just a few applications of the desoximetasone cream my hands were completely healed with no side effects. I no longer have to live with painful itching skin.”

Anonymous January 25, 2009

“I suffered with eczema as a child. I'm now forty two years old. I have found Desoximetasone to be the most effective medication for treating this condition. It is also very effective when used in conjunction with an antihistamine, such as allegra.”

J. Hughes R.N. July 27, 2008

Topicort (desoximetasone): “Used this on my 6 year old daughters eczema and it worked very well. She no longer carries on about itching, redness and stinging.”

Anonymous May 8, 2008

“My little boy has eczema and we tried so many medicines on him and not one worked until I found this one. I have been so happy with desoximetasone.”