User Reviews for Desoximetasone

Also known as: Topicort, Topicort LP

Learn more about Desoximetasone.

Atopic Dermatitis 3 reviews 249 medications

Dermatitis 1 reviews 332 medications

Eczema 8 reviews 253 medications

8.6
Psoriasis 7 reviews 311 medications

8.2
Summary of Desoximetasone reviews 19 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Desoximetasone

For Eczema: "I have eczema and psorisis. I have had eczema symptoms since childhood and symptoms from psorisis since the beginning of adulthood. Both are genetic. I have eczema on my arms, legs, sides, and have had it on my eyelids and face. I have psorisis on my elbows, feet, hands, and knees. This cream is the only thing that works for me. It works best with eczema, and the bumps will go away within a 2-3 applications. They won't appear again for a while. Clearing up the red patches from psorisis takes longer, but the itching will go away quickly. I love this product and have been using it for 10 years now. It is expensive if you don't have insurance that will cover prescriptions. It is very affordable with my insurance."

marissa91 June 13, 2016

For Psoriasis: "No help at all"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Psoriasis: "I used the spray. It was very convienent, kept scales at a minimal level, helps with itching and burning of psoriasis. It did not get rid of the red patches. This medicine is a great management drug, but will not put you into remission."

Only for scale management (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2015

For Psoriasis: "It helps when I have outbreaks, within hours symptoms are calmed and itching subsides. I was using sample cream from my dermatologist and recently got a prescription which was FREE! I am hopeful now that I can use more regularly that I can avoid breakouts."

Sanner October 10, 2015

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I had anal itch for over 40 years and have tried every cream over and under the counter I've been using this for three weeks and knock on wood my itch is gone"

Chris selimos August 20, 2015

For Eczema: "I have had a horrible reaction to this medication (desoximetasone .25%, cream). My feet and hands are burning, and the skin is now very dry, and itchy. This is my first time using this medication."

poorfeet June 18, 2015

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I have been fighting dry itchy eyelids for well over a year. If they are not itchy and red they are extremely dry and constantly peeling. Started to spread to upper lip and sides of mouth. Started Desoximetasone just 3 days ago and the results are truly amazing."

WinnieSue (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Eczema: "I just recently began suffering from eczema for the first time at 16 years old in the creases of my arms. It was extremely confusing and itchy and red. The patches on my arms were so red and inflamed I would scratch so bad they'd bleed at times. Then my mom gave me this cream and told me to use it. I used it 2 times in 2 weeks and my eczema was literally gone. No patches, no itching, no redness, my arms were 100% healed. My eczema hasn't come back so far ( almost a month after using the cream ) but I will continue to keep this cream and use it if any eczema comes back. It has literally saved me ! I got it from urgent care also"

Catxo (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

For Dermatitis: "Works well on back itch."

Margloula February 27, 2013

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Eczema: "It kept my dry skin moisturized but I over used it and spread it all over my legs and ended up with stretch marks on my legs from thinning."

CJ14 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2012

For Psoriasis: "I used this on my joint to treat my psoriasis. After a week the outbreak was cured."

Cheky October 26, 2011

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I am allergic to Propylene Glycol. It's in everything to treat the allergic reaction: Topicort is the only topical steroid that has worked for me. My doctor told me that all forms of Topicort Cream, Gel and Ointment contain no PG and is hypoallergenic."

PGALLERGIC October 12, 2010

For Psoriasis: "I have tried it for two days with amazing results! No more itching! I can finally wear short sleeves again without embarassment!"

golf queen May 12, 2010

For Eczema: "I have struggled with treating my eczema for 20 years, and my hands were especially difficult to treat effectively. After just a few applications of the desoximetasone cream my hands were completely healed with no side effects. I no longer have to live with painful itching skin."

ChristinaHall April 2, 2009

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Psoriasis: "Within 5 days the change in my skin was amazing. No flaking, no scales. The discoloration of my skin was minimal compared to what it was. No adverse effects for me. I have been on it for 5 weeks and now I do not use it daily. I moisturize daily when I get out of the shower, and I use the gel about every 4 days. Cup your elbow in your hand and that is how large my area was. It still is, but is now soft and lightly pink. I am going to a tanning booth to see if that helps as well."

Stevesbella March 9, 2009

For Eczema: "I suffered with eczema as a child. I'm now forty two years old. I have found Desoximetasone to be the most effective medication for treating this condition. It is also very effective when used in conjunction with an antihistamine, such as allegra."

Anonymous January 25, 2009

Topicort LP (desoximetasone) for Psoriasis: "It's amazing. First the redness goes away then no more itching."

Anonymous January 3, 2009

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Eczema: "Used this on my 6 year old daughters eczema and it worked very well. She no longer carries on about itching, redness and stinging."

J. Hughes R.N. July 27, 2008

For Eczema: "My little boy has eczema and we tried so many medicines on him and not one worked until I found this one. I have been so happy with desoximetasone."

Anonymous May 8, 2008