User Reviews for Desoximetasone topical

Dermatitis

Summary of Desoximetasone reviews 8.4 23 reviews

Reviews for Desoximetasone

JCSMama16 June 24, 2019

For Eczema: "My 3 year old toddler has suffered terribly with eczema during warmer and humid months since around his first birthday. His feet and hands get the worst of it. As this season broke, immediately his hands became cracked and peeling and were just a mess. We returned to the dermatologist (we go every 3-6 months since this started desperate for a solution as all other ointments and creams and antihistamines he was prescribed in the past have given him no relief when this bad. When I apply this cream I cut it with Vanicream (OTC) because so strong and his hands were so cracked and sensitive. It has been only a week and his hands are so, so, improved! I would say they are 80% healed! I pray that he continues to respond to this cream and we have found our saving grace!"

Ruth · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2018

For Dermatitis: "Used on red blotches on my forehead for a few days then my eyebrows fell out! I have no eyebrows!"

Skye T. · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2017

For Eczema: "After suffering with dyshidrotic eczema on my feet for more than a year, I finally went to a dermatologist and she gave me a sample tube of Topicort (desoximetasone) 0.05% ointment. After two applications, the intense itching stopped and the blisters started healing. Unfortunately, I have a high dedictible health plan and a tube of this (even generic) costs over $300 in my area (NC). My insurance also requires step therapy (despite that I have to pay so much out of pocket)."

Jimmikee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 18, 2016

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Psoriasis: "Entire palms of my hands and fingertips in the exact same locations become afflicted with hard skin then cracks making it very painful & extremely difficult for work and do normal activities. Prescribed Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% & had no effect, appeared to make the condition worse. Dermatologist took skin graph with positive test results for psoriasis. I was then Prescribed Topicort and used it twice a day, once in the morning & once at night for two weeks. What a relief ! My skin cleared up completely ! No cracks, No peeling skin, No redness & my hands actually feel pliable again. This lasts for maybe 3 weeks and I will begin to get hardening of palms and finger tips again and have to complete another two week cycle of Topicort."

marissa91 June 13, 2016

For Eczema: "I have eczema and psorisis. I have had eczema symptoms since childhood and symptoms from psorisis since the beginning of adulthood. Both are genetic. I have eczema on my arms, legs, sides, and have had it on my eyelids and face. I have psorisis on my elbows, feet, hands, and knees. This cream is the only thing that works for me. It works best with eczema, and the bumps will go away within a 2-3 applications. They won't appear again for a while. Clearing up the red patches from psorisis takes longer, but the itching will go away quickly. I love this product and have been using it for 10 years now. It is expensive if you don't have insurance that will cover prescriptions. It is very affordable with my insurance."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2015

For Psoriasis: "No help at all"

Only for scale management · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2015

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Psoriasis: "I used the spray. It was very convienent, kept scales at a minimal level, helps with itching and burning of psoriasis. It did not get rid of the red patches. This medicine is a great management drug, but will not put you into remission."

Sanner October 10, 2015

For Psoriasis: "It helps when I have outbreaks, within hours symptoms are calmed and itching subsides. I was using sample cream from my dermatologist and recently got a prescription which was FREE! I am hopeful now that I can use more regularly that I can avoid breakouts."

Chris selimos August 20, 2015

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I had anal itch for over 40 years and have tried every cream over and under the counter I've been using this for three weeks and knock on wood my itch is gone"

poorfeet June 18, 2015

For Eczema: "I have had a horrible reaction to this medication (desoximetasone .25%, cream). My feet and hands are burning, and the skin is now very dry, and itchy. This is my first time using this medication."

WinnieSue · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2015

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I have been fighting dry itchy eyelids for well over a year. If they are not itchy and red they are extremely dry and constantly peeling. Started to spread to upper lip and sides of mouth. Started Desoximetasone just 3 days ago and the results are truly amazing."

Catxo · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2015

For Eczema: "I just recently began suffering from eczema for the first time at 16 years old in the creases of my arms. It was extremely confusing and itchy and red. The patches on my arms were so red and inflamed I would scratch so bad they'd bleed at times. Then my mom gave me this cream and told me to use it. I used it 2 times in 2 weeks and my eczema was literally gone. No patches, no itching, no redness, my arms were 100% healed. My eczema hasn't come back so far ( almost a month after using the cream ) but I will continue to keep this cream and use it if any eczema comes back. It has literally saved me ! I got it from urgent care also"

Margloula February 27, 2013

For Dermatitis: "Works well on back itch."

CJ14 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2012

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Eczema: "It kept my dry skin moisturized but I over used it and spread it all over my legs and ended up with stretch marks on my legs from thinning."

Cheky October 26, 2011

For Psoriasis: "I used this on my joint to treat my psoriasis. After a week the outbreak was cured."

PGALLERGIC October 12, 2010

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I am allergic to Propylene Glycol. It's in everything to treat the allergic reaction: Topicort is the only topical steroid that has worked for me. My doctor told me that all forms of Topicort Cream, Gel and Ointment contain no PG and is hypoallergenic."

golf queen May 12, 2010

For Psoriasis: "I have tried it for two days with amazing results! No more itching! I can finally wear short sleeves again without embarassment!"

ChristinaHall April 2, 2009

For Eczema: "I have struggled with treating my eczema for 20 years, and my hands were especially difficult to treat effectively. After just a few applications of the desoximetasone cream my hands were completely healed with no side effects. I no longer have to live with painful itching skin."

Stevesbella March 9, 2009

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Psoriasis: "Within 5 days the change in my skin was amazing. No flaking, no scales. The discoloration of my skin was minimal compared to what it was. No adverse effects for me. I have been on it for 5 weeks and now I do not use it daily. I moisturize daily when I get out of the shower, and I use the gel about every 4 days. Cup your elbow in your hand and that is how large my area was. It still is, but is now soft and lightly pink. I am going to a tanning booth to see if that helps as well."

Anonymous January 25, 2009

For Eczema: "I suffered with eczema as a child. I'm now forty two years old. I have found Desoximetasone to be the most effective medication for treating this condition. It is also very effective when used in conjunction with an antihistamine, such as allegra."

Anonymous January 3, 2009

Topicort LP (desoximetasone) for Psoriasis: "It's amazing. First the redness goes away then no more itching."

J. Hughes R.N. July 27, 2008

Topicort (desoximetasone) for Eczema: "Used this on my 6 year old daughters eczema and it worked very well. She no longer carries on about itching, redness and stinging."

Anonymous May 8, 2008

For Eczema: "My little boy has eczema and we tried so many medicines on him and not one worked until I found this one. I have been so happy with desoximetasone."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)