User Reviews for Desoximetasone topical to treat Psoriasis

Also known as: Topicort

Desoximetasone topical has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 88% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Desoximetasone topical Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Stevesbella March 9, 2009

Topicort (desoximetasone): “Within 5 days the change in my skin was amazing. No flaking, no scales. The discoloration of my skin was minimal compared to what it was. No adverse effects for me. I have been on it for 5 weeks and now I do not use it daily. I moisturize daily when I get out of the shower, and I use the gel about every 4 days. Cup your elbow in your hand and that is how large my area was. It still is, but is now soft and lightly pink. I am going to a tanning booth to see if that helps as well.”

Jimmikee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 18, 2016

Topicort (desoximetasone): “Entire palms of my hands and fingertips in the exact same locations become afflicted with hard skin then cracks making it very painful & extremely difficult for work and do normal activities. Prescribed Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% & had no effect, appeared to make the condition worse. Dermatologist took skin graph with positive test results for psoriasis. I was then Prescribed Topicort and used it twice a day, once in the morning & once at night for two weeks. What a relief ! My skin cleared up completely ! No cracks, No peeling skin, No redness & my hands actually feel pliable again. This lasts for maybe 3 weeks and I will begin to get hardening of palms and finger tips again and have to complete another two week cycle of Topicort.”

Only for scale management · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2015

Topicort (desoximetasone): “I used the spray. It was very convienent, kept scales at a minimal level, helps with itching and burning of psoriasis. It did not get rid of the red patches. This medicine is a great management drug, but will not put you into remission.”

Sanner October 10, 2015

“It helps when I have outbreaks, within hours symptoms are calmed and itching subsides. I was using sample cream from my dermatologist and recently got a prescription which was FREE! I am hopeful now that I can use more regularly that I can avoid breakouts.”

Anonymous January 3, 2009

Topicort LP (desoximetasone): “It's amazing. First the redness goes away then no more itching.”

Cheky October 26, 2011

“I used this on my joint to treat my psoriasis. After a week the outbreak was cured.”

golf queen May 12, 2010

“I have tried it for two days with amazing results! No more itching! I can finally wear short sleeves again without embarassment!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2015