User Reviews for Desonide topical to treat Eczema

Also known as: DesOwen, Desonate, Verdeso, LoKara, Desonil+Plus Cream, Desonil+Plus Ointment, DesOwen Lotion 2 oz Kit, DesOwen Ointment Kit Delonide

Desonide topical Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Desonide topical

Lashae · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2018

“I used many other products thinking that I could find a product with going to the doctor or spending money on creams. After weeks of continued disappointments I bit the bullet and went to the dr and was given Desonide 0.05% and within literally 2 days I noticed an difference. I’m at 1 week and 2 days and my eczema is gone. My problem area was right at the top of my breast/chest and it was very noticeable and embarrassing. I am so confident and happy now. The only downfall at first was the price. I have insurance but still had to pay $80. From my results it’s worth way more. You don’t have to use a lot so maybe get half of your script to make it more affordable. Hope this helps someone.”

Jo August 24, 2018

Desonate (desonide): “Didn’t work for my nummular eczema. Very pricey.. $800!! I wish there was a way I could return it and get my money back!! My biggest issue is that the doctor really pushed me to get this and said it’s the only prescription that will work quickly and provide results. Not the case with me. She didn’t mention that generics will not work the same. I am still battling the eczema, now on my face and legs..”

nika's mom · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2018

DesOwen (desonide): “I'm from the Philippines and this cream has been recommended by the pediatrician of my 3 weeks old daughter who had skin allergy/eczema possibly of the mussels I ate and passed it on her through my breastmilk since I'm exclusively breastfeeding. After she took a bath, I applied a very small amount on the affected area (both arms) which she reacted a little bit to since this ointment can have a mild burning sensation, after a few minutes the oozing area was dry and the redness was fading.. I'm very glad this ointment is effective since its quite expensive.”

Momof2015 August 14, 2017

“My daughter got eczema on her face at 10 months old. It was miss diagnosed until she was 12 months old. And by then she had huge basically open sores on 3 parts of her face. As soon as we were prescribed desonide her face cleared up within the week. And has stayed clear for over 6 months.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2017

“I've been using this small tube of a cream in which the active ingredient is Desonide 0.1 percent. It's called LOCAPRED 0.1 percent. I have a small amount of Eczema on my eyelids (and a bit between my nose and eyes.) If it gets flaky I put the cream for a week on the area (just a small amount). In 3 days of applying the symptoms don't show. I've tried many different creams such as sudocrem and 3 more, but this one was in the middle of not too weak, but for me I was able to use it frequently without irritation.”

Anonymous June 18, 2015

Desonate (desonide): “It was the only one that worked for my three year old until my insurance decided not to pay for it any longer. I try the generic one but it did not have the same effect on her skin so I have to cough up 240 for it but it is so worth my baby sleeping at night with out the itch and her skin looks great.”

milamommy · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2014

“Top dermatologist prescribed this. Costs $120 for the tube. My 3.5 yr old daughter's skin was raw and inflamed on creases and on front and back of neck. One day (2x per day) of pea drop application on each spot and it was immediate. Less than 3 days and gone, skin perfect. so happy and relieved.”

Jolie_u · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 2, 2014

“Worked really well!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 24, 2013

“Was informed by my doctor, desonide thins the skin and to be careful. It was a frustrating process of a couple of months, several visits to the doctors office. Been using for 2+ years now, sparingly on my face (T zone), less than a dime size. Use daily moisturizer to spread evenly across my face. Found this was the best remedy to manage my eczema.”

brighet · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2012

Verdeso (desonide): “Wonderful but expensive.”

Meee January 27, 2011

DesOwen (desonide): “This is a great lotion for Eczema, but it tends to get used to the skin after about half the bottle, which results in you having to get a new one or a different product.”

ECZ0991 July 4, 2010

“I am 34 and all of a sudden, I developed eczema around my eyes and mouth this summer. After trying all the over the counter products for a month, I tried desonide cream (0.05%), all the redness and scaly screen went away within a week. I have been using it for a week on my face and no side effects so far.”

Anonymous May 17, 2010

DesOwen (desonide): “Probably the best steroid for atrophy. It has a very safe security profile and soothes even deep inflammation. Works great for me.”

Anonymous March 10, 2010

DesOwen (desonide): “This is the best medication ever. I have been using it since 1999.”

Anonymous December 9, 2009

“Works well on my face because it's not to strong. And because it is a little milder it takes a while to kick in. I have to use it everyday for best results.”

Anonymous November 14, 2009

DesOwen (desonide): “This product works in a few days, is not visible on the skin and I found no side effects. I used it twice a day and the skin was clear in 3 days. I stopped using it then and was free of symptoms for several months. Once it started re-appearing I repeated the 3 day treatment. It comes in a 40 gram tube and lasts a long time. This was for facial treatment around the nose and above the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead.”

Anonymous November 1, 2009

“This is my lifesaver. I've had the worst eczema I have ever seen, so bad that I missed many days of school from the pain and embarrassment. Tried other prescribed eczema products that only irritated until I found this. This was the only product that didn't irritate my eyes and instead helped by getting rid of all the dryness, scaliness, burning, inflammation in a matter of weeks.”

Anonymous January 30, 2009

Verdeso (desonide): “This foam worked miracles on my daughter when she had a severe case at 2 years old. It was cleared within a week.”

manly man April 9, 2008

“Really good. It really keeps the eczema under control.”

Anonymous March 20, 2008

“Works great if used several days in a row on the affected area, a couple times per day should suffice, just keep the area moisturized.”