User Reviews for Desonide

Also known as: Delonide, Desonate, Desonil+Plus Cream, Desonil+Plus Ointment, DesOwen, DesOwen Lotion 2 oz Kit, DesOwen Ointment Kit, LoKara, Tridesilon, Verdeso

Learn more about Desonide.

Desonide Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 168 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Desonide to treat Eczema

"My daughter got eczema on her face at 10 months old. It was miss diagnosed until she was 12 months old. And by then she had huge basically open sores on 3 parts of her face. As soon as we were prescribed desonide her face cleared up within the week. And has stayed clear for over 6 months."

Momof2015 August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using this small tube of a cream in which the active ingredient is Desonide 0.1 percent. It's called LOCAPRED 0.1 percent. I have a small amount of Eczema on my eyelids (and a bit between my nose and eyes.) If it gets flaky I put the cream for a week on the area (just a small amount). In 3 days of applying the symptoms don't show. I've tried many different creams such as sudocrem and 3 more, but this one was in the middle of not too weak, but for me I was able to use it frequently without irritation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Desonate (desonide): "It was the only one that worked for my three year old until my insurance decided not to pay for it any longer. I try the generic one but it did not have the same effect on her skin so I have to cough up 240 for it but it is so worth my baby sleeping at night with out the itch and her skin looks great."

Anonymous June 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Top dermatologist prescribed this. Costs $120 for the tube. My 3.5 yr old daughter's skin was raw and inflamed on creases and on front and back of neck. One day (2x per day) of pea drop application on each spot and it was immediate. Less than 3 days and gone, skin perfect. so happy and relieved."

milamommy (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2014

"Worked really well!"

Jolie_u (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was informed by my doctor, desonide thins the skin and to be careful. It was a frustrating process of a couple of months, several visits to the doctors office. Been using for 2+ years now, sparingly on my face (T zone), less than a dime size. Use daily moisturizer to spread evenly across my face. Found this was the best remedy to manage my eczema."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Verdeso (desonide): "Wonderful but expensive."

brighet (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide): "This is a great lotion for Eczema, but it tends to get used to the skin after about half the bottle, which results in you having to get a new one or a different product."

Meee January 27, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 34 and all of a sudden, I developed eczema around my eyes and mouth this summer. After trying all the over the counter products for a month, I tried desonide cream (0.05%), all the redness and scaly screen went away within a week. I have been using it for a week on my face and no side effects so far."

ECZ0991 July 4, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide): "Probably the best steroid for atrophy. It has a very safe security profile and soothes even deep inflammation. Works great for me."

Anonymous May 17, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide): "This is the best medication ever. I have been using it since 1999."

Anonymous March 10, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works well on my face because it's not to strong. And because it is a little milder it takes a while to kick in. I have to use it everyday for best results."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide): "This product works in a few days, is not visible on the skin and I found no side effects. I used it twice a day and the skin was clear in 3 days. I stopped using it then and was free of symptoms for several months. Once it started re-appearing I repeated the 3 day treatment. It comes in a 40 gram tube and lasts a long time. This was for facial treatment around the nose and above the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead."

Anonymous November 14, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my lifesaver. I've had the worst eczema I have ever seen, so bad that I missed many days of school from the pain and embarrassment. Tried other prescribed eczema products that only irritated until I found this. This was the only product that didn't irritate my eyes and instead helped by getting rid of all the dryness, scaliness, burning, inflammation in a matter of weeks."

Anonymous November 1, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Verdeso (desonide): "This foam worked miracles on my daughter when she had a severe case at 2 years old. It was cleared within a week."

Anonymous January 30, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Really good. It really keeps the eczema under control."

manly man April 9, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works great if used several days in a row on the affected area, a couple times per day should suffice, just keep the area moisturized."

Anonymous March 20, 2008