User Reviews for Desonide

Also known as: Delonide, Desonate, Desonil+Plus Cream, Desonil+Plus Ointment, DesOwen, DesOwen Lotion 2 oz Kit, DesOwen Ointment Kit, LoKara, Tridesilon, Verdeso

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Desonide.

Atopic Dermatitis

Dermatitis
8.2

Summary of Desonide reviews 8.9 32 reviews

Reviews for Desonide

For Eczema: "My daughter got eczema on her face at 10 months old. It was miss diagnosed until she was 12 months old. And by then she had huge basically open sores on 3 parts of her face. As soon as we were prescribed desonide her face cleared up within the week. And has stayed clear for over 6 months."

Momof2015 August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Instantly soothes and repairs irritated skin from allergies and dermatitis. Within a couple uses I can feel it heal well. I've been using it off and on for a few months now. It especially shines right now--I am having a very bad irritation (possibly allergic and can't contact my PA-C right now, weekends suck...) to a couple new acne gels I've been using for about a week and it cut down intense itching and the irritated feeling by 60% last night and was gone when I woke up. But the irritation came back, but it's much less now since I used the desonide last night. I keep using it every morning and night until a few days/a week after dermatitis completely clears. This stuff is amazing! Worth the money."

Yura2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "I've been using this small tube of a cream in which the active ingredient is Desonide 0.1 percent. It's called LOCAPRED 0.1 percent. I have a small amount of Eczema on my eyelids (and a bit between my nose and eyes.) If it gets flaky I put the cream for a week on the area (just a small amount). In 3 days of applying the symptoms don't show. I've tried many different creams such as sudocrem and 3 more, but this one was in the middle of not too weak, but for me I was able to use it frequently without irritation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Skin on my eyelids was persistently dry/peeling. Not painful or itchy, just an eyesore and gross. Tried lotions and oils, didn't help. Went to health center and was prescribed Desonide ointment, and within a couple days it was better. I have been applying about once every other day, and it has not come back. However, it was painfully expensive."

Kvisitor October 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "My uncle and I both suffer from psoriasis- his is big, sand-dollar sized patches all over his body, and mine is on my eyelids, my scalp, my eyebrows, and has just now started appearing on my right arm. We were both prescribed desonate, which thankfully our insurance covers. After one day's use (2x day), my eyelids are perfectly healthy again, and the smaller patches on my uncle's legs are nearly gone. We had been searching for something- anything- that would work for us for a few years now, so we both feel like this simple ointment is a miracle cure. We have seen no side effects so far, and are beyond thrilled!!"

TheAssistant (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I had rashes all over my forehead and two patches on both side of lips. Was first prescribed with Alclometasone which did not help. Went to see a different Dr. and received Desonide. The itchy and rash went away 80% first night, and almost gone by the third day. Awesome!"

HappyLady999 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "My dermatologist told me to use this right over Fluorouracil creme on my lip to relieve any painful symptoms. He didn't explain that the Desonate itself could cause painful side effects, like swelling redness, blisters, scaling, burning sensation, cracking of skin, thinning. It's water insoluble so it's difficult to wash off once it dries. This med should be used with extreme caution and stopped immediately once these symptoms appear."

Kolea July 5, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Desonate (desonide) for Eczema: "It was the only one that worked for my three year old until my insurance decided not to pay for it any longer. I try the generic one but it did not have the same effect on her skin so I have to cough up 240 for it but it is so worth my baby sleeping at night with out the itch and her skin looks great."

Anonymous June 18, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Top dermatologist prescribed this. Costs $120 for the tube. My 3.5 yr old daughter's skin was raw and inflamed on creases and on front and back of neck. One day (2x per day) of pea drop application on each spot and it was immediate. Less than 3 days and gone, skin perfect. so happy and relieved."

milamommy (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Worked really well!"

Jolie_u (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "Instructed by my dermatologist to use 2 x per day for up to two weeks. Worked beautifully until I discontinued using it. Not sure if that was her intention, to determine whether I needed a stronger dose or oral medicines for this problem. I am very happy with the results, as long as I can continue using it."

VA Mom April 22, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriasis: "Amazing. Worked over night to moisturize my psoriasis on my knee!"

Nikkice February 9, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Was informed by my doctor, desonide thins the skin and to be careful. It was a frustrating process of a couple of months, several visits to the doctors office. Been using for 2+ years now, sparingly on my face (T zone), less than a dime size. Use daily moisturizer to spread evenly across my face. Found this was the best remedy to manage my eczema."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Worked well only had to use for a week."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Verdeso (desonide) for Eczema: "Wonderful but expensive."

brighet (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "A very good cream. I was initially prescribed a corticosteroid for seborrhoeic dermatitis on my scrotum and ouch, which gave a horrible burning and itching sensation like never before in my life. I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me desonide. It didn't burn and results were almost overnight. It really is incredible. I struggled with dermatitis on the front part of my scalp, and he gave me a horrible smelling oil that I had to put on each night for two weeks, I got rid of it somewhat but never fully, a year and a half later and I'm fed up with putting that stuff on, so I just went ahead and put desonide on it, it works way better better than that oil! Desonide is simply awesome!"

Dean K December 20, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Great for atopic dermatitis."

Anonymous March 12, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: "This is a great lotion for Eczema, but it tends to get used to the skin after about half the bottle, which results in you having to get a new one or a different product."

Meee January 27, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "I am 34 and all of a sudden, I developed eczema around my eyes and mouth this summer. After trying all the over the counter products for a month, I tried desonide cream (0.05%), all the redness and scaly screen went away within a week. I have been using it for a week on my face and no side effects so far."

ECZ0991 July 4, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: "Probably the best steroid for atrophy. It has a very safe security profile and soothes even deep inflammation. Works great for me."

Anonymous May 17, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: "This is the best medication ever. I have been using it since 1999."

Anonymous March 10, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "Works well on my face because it's not to strong. And because it is a little milder it takes a while to kick in. I have to use it everyday for best results."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: "This product works in a few days, is not visible on the skin and I found no side effects. I used it twice a day and the skin was clear in 3 days. I stopped using it then and was free of symptoms for several months. Once it started re-appearing I repeated the 3 day treatment. It comes in a 40 gram tube and lasts a long time. This was for facial treatment around the nose and above the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead."

Anonymous November 14, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Eczema: "This is my lifesaver. I've had the worst eczema I have ever seen, so bad that I missed many days of school from the pain and embarrassment. Tried other prescribed eczema products that only irritated until I found this. This was the only product that didn't irritate my eyes and instead helped by getting rid of all the dryness, scaliness, burning, inflammation in a matter of weeks."

Anonymous November 1, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Smooths skin, stops scaling and redness. No side effects."

R.S. June 15, 2009