User Reviews for Desonide topical

Also known as: DesOwen, Desonate, LoKara, Desonil+Plus Cream, Desonil+Plus Ointment, DesOwen Lotion 2 oz Kit, DesOwen Ointment Kit, Delonide Verdeso

Atopic Dermatitis 10.0
Eczema 9.1
Psoriasis 9.0
Dermatitis 8.4
Summary of Desonide topical reviews 9.0 36 reviews

Reviews for Desonide topical

Gailfriend · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2019

For Dermatitis: “I had a rash mostly on my forehead and some around nose . It itched a little but was not going away. Finally went to dermatologist and she prescribed desonide to be applied twice a day, within 2 days I have noticed great improvement, rash is fading. Still don't know cause but am happy this is working!”

Lashae · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2018

For Eczema: “I used many other products thinking that I could find a product with going to the doctor or spending money on creams. After weeks of continued disappointments I bit the bullet and went to the dr and was given Desonide 0.05% and within literally 2 days I noticed an difference. I’m at 1 week and 2 days and my eczema is gone. My problem area was right at the top of my breast/chest and it was very noticeable and embarrassing. I am so confident and happy now. The only downfall at first was the price. I have insurance but still had to pay $80. From my results it’s worth way more. You don’t have to use a lot so maybe get half of your script to make it more affordable. Hope this helps someone.”

Jo August 24, 2018

Desonate (desonide) for Eczema: “Didn’t work for my nummular eczema. Very pricey.. $800!! I wish there was a way I could return it and get my money back!! My biggest issue is that the doctor really pushed me to get this and said it’s the only prescription that will work quickly and provide results. Not the case with me. She didn’t mention that generics will not work the same. I am still battling the eczema, now on my face and legs..”

nika's mom · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2018

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: “I'm from the Philippines and this cream has been recommended by the pediatrician of my 3 weeks old daughter who had skin allergy/eczema possibly of the mussels I ate and passed it on her through my breastmilk since I'm exclusively breastfeeding. After she took a bath, I applied a very small amount on the affected area (both arms) which she reacted a little bit to since this ointment can have a mild burning sensation, after a few minutes the oozing area was dry and the redness was fading.. I'm very glad this ointment is effective since its quite expensive.”

Momof2015 August 14, 2017

For Eczema: “My daughter got eczema on her face at 10 months old. It was miss diagnosed until she was 12 months old. And by then she had huge basically open sores on 3 parts of her face. As soon as we were prescribed desonide her face cleared up within the week. And has stayed clear for over 6 months.”

Yura2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: “Instantly soothes and repairs irritated skin from allergies and dermatitis. Within a couple uses I can feel it heal well. I've been using it off and on for a few months now. It especially shines right now--I am having a very bad irritation (possibly allergic and can't contact my PA-C right now, weekends suck...) to a couple new acne gels I've been using for about a week and it cut down intense itching and the irritated feeling by 60% last night and was gone when I woke up. But the irritation came back, but it's much less now since I used the desonide last night. I keep using it every morning and night until a few days/a week after dermatitis completely clears. This stuff is amazing! Worth the money.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2017

For Eczema: “I've been using this small tube of a cream in which the active ingredient is Desonide 0.1 percent. It's called LOCAPRED 0.1 percent. I have a small amount of Eczema on my eyelids (and a bit between my nose and eyes.) If it gets flaky I put the cream for a week on the area (just a small amount). In 3 days of applying the symptoms don't show. I've tried many different creams such as sudocrem and 3 more, but this one was in the middle of not too weak, but for me I was able to use it frequently without irritation.”

Kvisitor October 31, 2016

For Dermatitis: “Skin on my eyelids was persistently dry/peeling. Not painful or itchy, just an eyesore and gross. Tried lotions and oils, didn't help. Went to health center and was prescribed Desonide ointment, and within a couple days it was better. I have been applying about once every other day, and it has not come back. However, it was painfully expensive.”

TheAssistant · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2016

For Psoriasis: “My uncle and I both suffer from psoriasis- his is big, sand-dollar sized patches all over his body, and mine is on my eyelids, my scalp, my eyebrows, and has just now started appearing on my right arm. We were both prescribed desonate, which thankfully our insurance covers. After one day's use (2x day), my eyelids are perfectly healthy again, and the smaller patches on my uncle's legs are nearly gone. We had been searching for something- anything- that would work for us for a few years now, so we both feel like this simple ointment is a miracle cure. We have seen no side effects so far, and are beyond thrilled!!”

HappyLady999 · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2016

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I had rashes all over my forehead and two patches on both side of lips. Was first prescribed with Alclometasone which did not help. Went to see a different Dr. and received Desonide. The itchy and rash went away 80% first night, and almost gone by the third day. Awesome!”

Kolea July 5, 2015

For Dermatitis: “My dermatologist told me to use this right over Fluorouracil creme on my lip to relieve any painful symptoms. He didn't explain that the Desonate itself could cause painful side effects, like swelling redness, blisters, scaling, burning sensation, cracking of skin, thinning. It's water insoluble so it's difficult to wash off once it dries. This med should be used with extreme caution and stopped immediately once these symptoms appear.”

Anonymous June 18, 2015

Desonate (desonide) for Eczema: “It was the only one that worked for my three year old until my insurance decided not to pay for it any longer. I try the generic one but it did not have the same effect on her skin so I have to cough up 240 for it but it is so worth my baby sleeping at night with out the itch and her skin looks great.”

milamommy · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2014

For Eczema: “Top dermatologist prescribed this. Costs $120 for the tube. My 3.5 yr old daughter's skin was raw and inflamed on creases and on front and back of neck. One day (2x per day) of pea drop application on each spot and it was immediate. Less than 3 days and gone, skin perfect. so happy and relieved.”

Jolie_u · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 2, 2014

For Eczema: “Worked really well!”

VA Mom April 22, 2014

For Psoriasis: “Instructed by my dermatologist to use 2 x per day for up to two weeks. Worked beautifully until I discontinued using it. Not sure if that was her intention, to determine whether I needed a stronger dose or oral medicines for this problem. I am very happy with the results, as long as I can continue using it.”

Nikkice February 9, 2014

For Psoriasis: “Amazing. Worked over night to moisturize my psoriasis on my knee!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 24, 2013

For Eczema: “Was informed by my doctor, desonide thins the skin and to be careful. It was a frustrating process of a couple of months, several visits to the doctors office. Been using for 2+ years now, sparingly on my face (T zone), less than a dime size. Use daily moisturizer to spread evenly across my face. Found this was the best remedy to manage my eczema.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2013

For Dermatitis: “Worked well only had to use for a week.”

brighet · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2012

Verdeso (desonide) for Eczema: “Wonderful but expensive.”

Dean K December 20, 2011

For Dermatitis: “A very good cream. I was initially prescribed a corticosteroid for seborrhoeic dermatitis on my scrotum and ouch, which gave a horrible burning and itching sensation like never before in my life. I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me desonide. It didn't burn and results were almost overnight. It really is incredible. I struggled with dermatitis on the front part of my scalp, and he gave me a horrible smelling oil that I had to put on each night for two weeks, I got rid of it somewhat but never fully, a year and a half later and I'm fed up with putting that stuff on, so I just went ahead and put desonide on it, it works way better better than that oil! Desonide is simply awesome!”

Anonymous March 12, 2011

For Atopic Dermatitis: “Great for atopic dermatitis.”

Meee January 27, 2011

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: “This is a great lotion for Eczema, but it tends to get used to the skin after about half the bottle, which results in you having to get a new one or a different product.”

ECZ0991 July 4, 2010

For Eczema: “I am 34 and all of a sudden, I developed eczema around my eyes and mouth this summer. After trying all the over the counter products for a month, I tried desonide cream (0.05%), all the redness and scaly screen went away within a week. I have been using it for a week on my face and no side effects so far.”

Anonymous May 17, 2010

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: “Probably the best steroid for atrophy. It has a very safe security profile and soothes even deep inflammation. Works great for me.”

Anonymous March 10, 2010

DesOwen (desonide) for Eczema: “This is the best medication ever. I have been using it since 1999.”