User Reviews for Desonide topical to treat Dermatitis

Also known as: Desonate, DesOwen, DesRx, Delonide, Verdeso, LoKara, Desonil+Plus Cream, Desonil+Plus Ointment, DesOwen Lotion 2 oz Kit DesOwen Ointment Kit …show all brand names

Desonide topical has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Dermatitis. 90% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Desonide topical Rating Summary

8.6/10 average rating

Compare all 499 medications used in the treatment of Dermatitis.

Poppykiote October 18, 2020

“This has been my silver bullet medication for dermatitis. I recently got a rash on my inside elbow. After the doc prescribed betamethasone, it got worse; so, a dermatologist prescribed triamcinolone acetonide. This didn't do much; but it went back to it's original redness (not bright red). After a few days of this & itching, I got fed up and pulled out an old prescription for Desonide gel. Even though my rash was a dry rash, I put it on and it helped finally! The rash went from red to pink. After the 2nd dose, it went from pink to skin color and the itching stopped. I used the other ointment to coddle it along until it was gone.”

Gailfriend · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2019

“I had a rash mostly on my forehead and some around nose . It itched a little but was not going away. Finally went to dermatologist and she prescribed desonide to be applied twice a day, within 2 days I have noticed great improvement, rash is fading. Still don't know cause but am happy this is working!”

Kvisitor October 31, 2016

“Skin on my eyelids was persistently dry/peeling. Not painful or itchy, just an eyesore and gross. Tried lotions and oils, didn't help. Went to health center and was prescribed Desonide ointment, and within a couple days it was better. I have been applying about once every other day, and it has not come back. However, it was painfully expensive.”

Dean K December 20, 2011

“A very good cream. I was initially prescribed a corticosteroid for seborrhoeic dermatitis on my scrotum and ouch, which gave a horrible burning and itching sensation like never before in my life. I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me desonide. It didn't burn and results were almost overnight. It really is incredible. I struggled with dermatitis on the front part of my scalp, and he gave me a horrible smelling oil that I had to put on each night for two weeks, I got rid of it somewhat but never fully, a year and a half later and I'm fed up with putting that stuff on, so I just went ahead and put desonide on it, it works way better better than that oil! Desonide is simply awesome!”

Anonymous April 29, 2008

“I have tried other methods for a year without much relief from dermitis on my face, specifically by my eyebrows and ears. Two weeks into using desonide cream and I have not had any itching, flaking or redness at all. Wow!”

Kolea July 5, 2015

“My dermatologist told me to use this right over Fluorouracil creme on my lip to relieve any painful symptoms. He didn't explain that the Desonate itself could cause painful side effects, like swelling redness, blisters, scaling, burning sensation, cracking of skin, thinning. It's water insoluble so it's difficult to wash off once it dries. This med should be used with extreme caution and stopped immediately once these symptoms appear.”

Croppled1 February 27, 2008

“I had a infection in the folds of my skin and was put on a drug . Doctor kept me on it as I said I am in pain its getting worse . It was the cream he gave me eating my skin I suffered so until I got a second opinion . He has put me on this for the inflation and thin skin . I feel much better so far I give this a thumbs up . Wish it was cheaper though .”

Eliwood August 21, 2008

Verdeso (desonide): “I have been using Verdeso in conjunction with another foam spray on my forehead, chin and cheeks. It made a huge impact on a red rush I had between my eye and my nose. It is almost gone by now, and I started the treatment less than two weeks ago. I would say that within a week or less one could see a major improvement in the way the skin looks. I use something else for the hands (a form of eczema) and its also amazing. ”

R.S. June 15, 2009

“Smooths skin, stops scaling and redness. No side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2013

“Worked well only had to use for a week.”

Learn more about Dermatitis