User Reviews for Reclipsen

Learn more about Reclipsen.

Birth Control 135 reviews 305 medications

Summary of Reclipsen reviews 135 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Reclipsen

For Birth Control "First month was absolutely horrible. This is my first birth control pill. The nausea seemed to occur 2 hrs after taking the pill (I take it at 3pm everyday). I was also unmotivated and felt like my back ached all the time. Then it got better. I don't get headaches anymore. But looking back, I definitely gained weight, like A LOT. I didn't lose my sex drive. Anyway, I'm okay now."

Ica H June 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for a month. I started it to see if it would decrease my flow and cramps. My mood dropped drastically when I first started. Depression usually last for a period time, so I wasn't depressed. However, my mood was very low to the point that it was scary. When my period came it felt like the worst ever. My flow and cramps were bad. I have other side effects as well, such as nausea and headaches. I'm going to see if my body adjust to it for two more months only because I need a solution for my periods. I've been on birth control in the past and I've never had these side effects."

Ferie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "For the 3 years I was on it I had ravenous hunger, low blood sugar crashes, low libido, stress, and anxiety. I had just quit smoking and wasn't used to eating instead of having a cigarette. I started on Ortho Lo. I thought I was just stressed with finishing school but the moodiness didn't stop so after a few months they put me on Reclipsen. The nurse told me it was her favorite one and I wouldn't feel a thing bc it was a monophase and wouldn't make my hormones jump around ...like they are Supposed to naturally a few times per month. Looking back I just wish I had realized it wasn't "Me handling life so weak and vulnerable." It was the pill. Hormones cause feelings. BC pills have FAKE hormones!"

MistyT May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I take the pill at the same time every day and it has been effective in preventing pregnancies, however my sex drive is now non-existent whereas before I had an extremely high sex drive. I also have vaginal dryness now which is very annoying. Haven't had any other issues besides that but it is frustrating to deal with at times."

LK21 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on reclipsen for years now. It's been horrible, but I've felt trapped to stay on it. I do not believe in IUDs & many other forms of birth control so my primary care doctor felt this low dose would be best. We've never had any unwanted pregnancy, so it's effective in that manner. But here are all the issues I've had with it: mood swings, depression, anxiety, emotional instability overall, low sex drive, vaginal dryness & migraines. I'll be getting off of it soon with the guidance of a new obgyn."

Gmcc223 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So I started taking Reclipsen about four months ago. At first, everything was fine. My periods became regular and tolerable and the oiliness of my skin went down. However, about a month ago, I started experiencing horrible mood swings. I already had depression and anxiety but this greatly exacerbated the issue. I started snapping at people, crying, and having suicidal thoughts. I went to a doctor for mood stabilizers and it was almost impossible to find one that didn't react with the Reclipsen. I ruined numerous relationships during that time. I stopped taking it and within one day I felt calmer. I'm definitely not taking it again and will be looking at an IUD."

saradee93 April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Reclipsen for 1 month as of next Sunday, and i must point out that there are some downfalls of this birth control. Reclipsen does work very well as a reliable birth control method as long as you follow the instructions that come with the medication (taking one pill once a day at the same time daily). However, since a few days after I began taking reclipsen, I've been running into some issues concerning painful headaches and acne flare ups. I've been on Ortho-Tri Cyclen birth control pill in the past, & I do not remember having any issues as far as headaches or acne while I was on that medication. Reclipsen is reliable, but do beware because you may receive some uncomfortable side affects when beginning this medication."

taylorbmckinney April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Started taking Reclipsen three months ago and it was horrible. It brought on anxiety and intense mood swings along with depression, I'm finally getting off of it but do not buy this if you already have anxiety!"

Sad:( April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I loved being on Reclipsen. I started taking it when I was 20 and had no side effects, probably because I was active in college and had other things to distract me. I'm now 26 and stopped taking Reclipsen so my husband and I can start trying for a baby, so far the effects of coming off Reclipsen have been horrible. I can't wait to get pregnant and have babies so I can go back on Reclipsen!"

Reclipsenlova February 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Horrible. Horrible. Horrible!!! Do NOT take reclipsen. I'm finishing off my 2nd week and I've been miserable! My heart rate has been crazy. I've been having panic attacks that I haven't had in a long time. I've had a migraine for 2 days now. Nothing will make it go away. I've basically OD on headache medicine. I've felt so dizzy and light headed. My depression has came back. Screwed up my sleep. Super nauseous. No appetite. Some people say they've gained weight, but I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks, NOT the healthy way. I've been so miserable and it's sooo not worth it!! Save yourself and DO NOT TRY IT!!!!!!"

Hannahhhh February 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am not happy with reclipsen. I have gained a ton of weight in the last 3 months I have been on it, I get super nauseous in the mornings, and I have one extremely bad migraine on the last day of the pills. I changed to reclipsen because my other BC was giving me headaches. Now I'm fat and have zero sex drive. I am going to stop reclipsen asap."

Jenbo321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "A lot of the reviews on here are scary, but I think it must be personal chemistry that decides if this medicine will work for you or not. I've been on it for 2.5 years and I didn't really have any physical side effects. I maybe had some breast pain when I started it, but cutting down on caffeine cured that. I do have anxiety, but I don't think I can blame this pill for that, it's kind of just my personality. Overall, this pill has just done it's job for me."

Shay J (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm 19 and have been on this birth control since I was 16. I love it so much I've never noticed any bad side effects. I have gained weight but that's probably because I've gotten older. I recently just switched to the nuvaring because I am horrible at remembering to take the pill and am more sexually active now."

Anonymous January 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Reclipsen was recommended to me by my doc when I was on other previous BC , because the dosage wasn't strong enough. I have been on Reclipsen regularly for about a year now and my depression, anxiety is through the roof. Everything makes me irritable and I always want to be left alone. It feels horrible! I was not always this way. Before the pill I was much more relaxed and enjoyed company! I do not recommend this pill to anyone and will not be taking it anymore. Too much stress and anxiety on my body. I always feel fatigue, exhausted, no energy or sex drive!"

Bayaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I haven't taken any BC in 5 years since the birth of my daughter. Before that I was on ortho tri-cyclen which was great and I never had any symptoms. My doc recommended Reclipsen since it's the same amount of hormones each day and the other one I mentioned has different hormone levels each week. I've been on this pill a total of 2 weeks and I feel nauseous, no appetite, exhausted, stomach cramps, boobs are sore, and weak. I get a weird chest pain sometimes and my anxiety is crazy high. I also feel so moody. Everything bothers me and sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. My face has been breaking out more than when I wasn't taking the pill. I AM NOT TAKING THIS PILL ANYMORE ! I barely feel bad side affects like this with medications."

HateTHISAlso November 2, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Started this years ago due to a cyst that formed on my ovary. Stopped taking it after the cyst got smaller and eventually dissolved. A few yrs later I spoke with my doctor about starting back on birth control. He put me on another pill for 3 months but I hated it. Had mood swings, irregular periods etc. Told him about what I was experiencing and he said my body had to adjust. Tried it for 2 more months and still had bad symptoms so I requested to be put back on reclipsen. It has worked really well. My periods are regular and no adverse effects. I have now been on this consistently for several years."

Crissy413 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was using a smaller dose of birth control before Reclipsen and started to spot after two months. I switched to Reclipsen and it has regulated my periods very well (even up to the right hour each time). I have been using it for 6 months now. I am mostly responsible with taking the pill everyday on time. I noticed some weight gain but could also be due to other factors. My weight has been consistent after the initial weight gain (no new diets or different exercises). In the beginning, I noticed episodes of mood swings, but have been managing them pretty well."

Jessie Nguyen October 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was very nauseated especially in the mornings. More importantly, my long, thick hair began falling out in clumps. I lost about a third of my hair. I was so nervous about it that I called my doctor and he told me that I was suffering from synchronized hair loss and that can be a side effect of this medication. I have since stopped taking it and I am not losing as much hair now. My doc said that this drug should be out of my system in two to three weeks."

Funnyfarmgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm on this BC because I recently found out that I have 2 cyst in my uterus .. my right one caused extreme pain & caused me to be at 2 different hospitals ALL in the same week. ( I'm 19 ) btw lol 5'4 if that helps .. Today is my first day on the pill so far I've had crazy sex drive & mile headache .. As a side effect & I'm hungry every 30 mins lol . The pain from my cysts cooled down which I love ! And yeah so far so good , I'll keep you ladies updated with more info!"

Nikkkkkkkkki September 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "GAVE ME BLOOD CLOTS IN MY LEG!!! This is a silent killer !!! Out of work for 2 weeks months of expensive medication and the pain couldn't walk couldn't take care of my children !! Beware !!!!"

Jj702 September 6, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for 4 months. Since then, I've experienced nausea every single day. I have no appetite and barely eat anything but I still haven't lost weight. I have no sex drive(and TMI but very dry)and I'm a raging bitch most days! I have head aches every single day 24/7 and I'm tired constantly. My dr told me this bc is good for those with acne but I have had horrible break outs that I can't stop!I forgot to take my pill today and just realized that I haven't experienced any of these symptoms at all! I am the type of person who will experience every possible side effect of a medication though so do consider that. I still wouldn't recommend it!!"

Andreya August 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on this for over a year. I've gained weight get extremely emotional before I start. I am on bc to help regulate my periods. I know when I will start however bleeding is heavy and I spot for three weeks and I get maybe a week off from spotting/bleeding. This is a killer to my sex life! I have contacted my OBGYN to help find me a bc that is no periods to see if that helps!"

Kkluvlove (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking reclipsen for almost two years. The first 3 months I threw up every morning. To this day, each pill I take I experience nausea. I hate it. I realize now it's not me and just the pill. I stopped taking it for a month and felt so much better. Also, I have no sex drive anymore so I guess it does it's "job.""

Ughhhhh August 9, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "It works but definetily makes you feel like youre pregnant."

Anonymous July 23, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am just now finishing out my first month on this BC and it's seeming to work very well. I have gained weight in all the right places and haven't had any horrible side effects. With that being said, I have been bleeding since I started taking the pill. I'm hoping that after I take the placebos and start the next pack that the problem will fix itself. I have also been emotional, but nothing that I can't handle. I would most likely recommend this to a friend."

aubsslt (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016