User Reviews for Reclipsen

Learn more about Reclipsen.

Birth Control 118 reviews 283 medications

Summary of Reclipsen reviews 118 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Reclipsen

For Birth Control "I was very nauseated especially in the mornings. More importantly, my long, thick hair began falling out in clumps. I lost about a third of my hair. I was so nervous about it that I called my doctor and he told me that I was suffering from synchronized hair loss and that can be a side effect of this medication. I have since stopped taking it and I am not losing as much hair now. My doc said that this drug should be out of my system in two to three weeks."

Funnyfarmgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on this BC because I recently found out that I have 2 cyst in my uterus .. my right one caused extreme pain & caused me to be at 2 different hospitals ALL in the same week. ( I'm 19 ) btw lol 5'4 if that helps .. Today is my first day on the pill so far I've had crazy sex drive & mile headache .. As a side effect & I'm hungry every 30 mins lol . The pain from my cysts cooled down which I love ! And yeah so far so good , I'll keep you ladies updated with more info!"

Nikkkkkkkkki September 16, 2016

For Birth Control "GAVE ME BLOOD CLOTS IN MY LEG!!! This is a silent killer !!! Out of work for 2 weeks months of expensive medication and the pain couldn't walk couldn't take care of my children !! Beware !!!!"

Jj702 September 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for 4 months. Since then, I've experienced nausea every single day. I have no appetite and barely eat anything but I still haven't lost weight. I have no sex drive(and TMI but very dry)and I'm a raging bitch most days! I have head aches every single day 24/7 and I'm tired constantly. My dr told me this bc is good for those with acne but I have had horrible break outs that I can't stop!I forgot to take my pill today and just realized that I haven't experienced any of these symptoms at all! I am the type of person who will experience every possible side effect of a medication though so do consider that. I still wouldn't recommend it!!"

Andreya August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on this for over a year. I've gained weight get extremely emotional before I start. I am on bc to help regulate my periods. I know when I will start however bleeding is heavy and I spot for three weeks and I get maybe a week off from spotting/bleeding. This is a killer to my sex life! I have contacted my OBGYN to help find me a bc that is no periods to see if that helps!"

Kkluvlove (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking reclipsen for almost two years. The first 3 months I threw up every morning. To this day, each pill I take I experience nausea. I hate it. I realize now it's not me and just the pill. I stopped taking it for a month and felt so much better. Also, I have no sex drive anymore so I guess it does it's "job.""

Ughhhhh August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "It works but definetily makes you feel like youre pregnant."

Anonymous July 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I am just now finishing out my first month on this BC and it's seeming to work very well. I have gained weight in all the right places and haven't had any horrible side effects. With that being said, I have been bleeding since I started taking the pill. I'm hoping that after I take the placebos and start the next pack that the problem will fix itself. I have also been emotional, but nothing that I can't handle. I would most likely recommend this to a friend."

aubsslt (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I only give it a few points because I was put on it to regulate periods which it has done. But this BC has made my cramps severe to the point of near vomitting. My emotions drastically switch in an instant. I haven't been able to sleep much since being on it."

InsertNickname July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Reclipsen for a year. I switched to Reclipsen because my other birth control was giving me spotting during the month. Reclipsen helped that but now I have no sex drive at all which is really annoying. I get at least one horrific migraine before I start my period and I'm super emotional. I thought all these things were just me but after reading the other reviews I realize that it might be my BC. I never realized it could have these side effects. I'm going to try to switch to another type at my next appt with my OBGYN."

Anon00000 July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Reclipsen for 3 weeks, I have been experiencing severe depression, anxiety and mood swings. My sex drive is very low, and I cry uncontrollably and for no reason. I was on Apri prior to this and it worked well and made me very even-keel. I will be switching back my next doctor's visit."

Cleartovenus1 June 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Reclipsen for a month for regular birth control, period regulation ,and period cramps. The first few days I had overall body weakness and a bad headache, both which subsided after those days. I had unprotected sex a week and a half after starting and did not get pregnant so it's good for that, but when my period came around the first day was awful, the worse it had been in awhile. I heard you have to take it for more than a month for the cramps to ease up so maybe next month will be better. I'll obviously also have to wait until next month to see if my period comes around the same time , but overall I'd probably recommend to a friend."

Not-great-but-not-terrible June 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I took reclipsen for almost 3 weeks and couldn't even finish out the month. After the first few days I had pretty bad nausea, so I started taking it at night, that helped. But that's when the headaches started. All within the first two weeks my appetite went crazy (I am typically a very healthy eater) I've even gained a few pounds, I go to the gym about 4 times a week. I typically have very clear skin but I started breaking out all over. (Not just on my face) I've had anxiety pretty bad and sometimes I want to cry for no reason! My last straw, two days ago I got my first migraine since I was a kid. I have switched to Minastrin 24 fe and I am really hoping it works better for me. I know everyone's body reacts differently!"

Jaims (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this BC for about 4 months, it was great until the last month when I started getting headaches, quick heartbeats, lose of sleep. I gained weight in all the right areas so that was a plus. But I can't put up with the headaches, I'm tired all the time and total loss in sex drive (which is weird because I think about sex all the time). Made me cry here and there but no serious emotional outbreaks. I switched to Azurette so we will see."

Raeanneka June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this due to a hormone imbalance about four months ago. My period the first month was the most painful thing I have ever experienced (more painful than my appendix gluing itself to my internal organs with scar tissue), but my subsequent periods have been mostly painless besides dull cramping. Whenever I go from the placebo week to the actual hormones again, I am excessively nauseous and spend way too much time in the bathroom dry heaving. My appetite for food and sex has been shot, and my weight has remained the same regardless of activity level. I think the worst thing though is the crying. Before this pill, I was a pretty even-keeled person. Every week or so, I have a night where I become completely inconsolable."

Dadala Dala June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on it for 2 weeks now. I don't tolerate anything well and the first week I was very nauseous, had a few headaches but nothing I couldn't handle. Now I've noticed that I've gained a pound probably because it seems my boobs exploded. I was already a D and now I'm sure I'm at least a DD. Kill me. Other than that my sex drive is fine, maybe a little lower, but not bad. The one thing that I don't like is I'm super moody and then I get depressed and wanna eat everything. Also, some days I'm so tired and don't wanna do anything."

Anonymous June 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on Reclipsen for a few months now. Pros- lighter periods, no stomach cramps, no acne, no babies. Cons- mood swings, TERRIBLE back pain during period, lower sex drive, no weight gain (if already active)."

Anonymous May 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on Reclipsen due to severe cramping and heavy bleeding during my periods. It solved that problem, but I had NO libido whatsoever and I was very emotionless. I also gained 10 pounds in the 5 months I was on it and I work out regularly and eat healthy."

Stephanie M May 12, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on reclipsen for about a week and a half. My face is breaking out so bad, and I usually have very good skin. I feel swollen all over especially my face and legs, and lately I have been having pounding head ages not to mention the horrible cramps ."

Anonymous April 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been using this BC for years and really like it. No pregnancy or side effects. I briefly tried a different generic and it gave me side effects, though Reclipsen doesn't. I agree with the comments that everyone's body is different -- even my sister uses a different brand than I do. Find what is right for you!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on reclipsen for about a month now. I started taking it to regulate my period and as a form of birth control. Seems to be doing the job, no pregnancy scares so far. I did notice severe mood swings before my period started, but not sure if that was due to things going on in life or the pill. Other than mood swings no negative side effects. Would recomend"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Just about to finish my first month of reclipsen. I had never taken birth control before and was a bit terrified to start this one. I noticed I was very emotional and cried a couple of times even at work which had never happened in the year and half that I've worked there. My breasts did swell a little which was nice since I'm an A cup. My period started 3 days into the inactive week. I've always had painful cramps and trouble sleeping while on my period but this one was by far the worst. The first night I started my cramps were extremely painful and I couldn't fall asleep after waking up in the middle of the night for the first two nights. Acne is the same it hasn't helped or made it worse. Overall this has been a decent 1st experience"

KC1992 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been off birth control for about a year when I decided I wanted to go back on it. My doctor recommended Reclipsen; she believe it would clear up the little bit of acne that I had on my cheeks and forehead. I took Reclipsen for 4 months in total and it was a nightmare. The first month my breasts were extremely tender. They were tender to the point that it was painful to sleep in various positions and I could hardly exercise due to the pain. By month 2 I started to feel like my whole body was swollen. My face also looked swollen, and my acne actually became much worse! I lost my sex drive and felt miserable. I stopped taking it because I felt like I was becoming a monster! Lutera was much better for me, so I'm back to that!"

SydH April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I first started with the NuvaRing and ended up having to get my gallbladder removed. I have been on reclipsen for 3 years now and the only pros for me are that I do have much clearer skin and am not pregnant BUT I have awful migraines multiple times a month so bad that I now have a prescription from my neurologist also have basically NO sex drive which is driving my boyfriend insane. And I am insanely sensitive and cry almost everyday during the placebo week."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this birth control on the 1st day of my period exactly 2 weeks ago. I started to notice some extreme headaches within the first week that would not go away no matter what I did. I wasn't absolutely sure it was the pill that caused it, I thought maybe it was from oversleeping. However here I am two weeks later bleeding, and having unbearable cramps whereas before I would bleed for 5 days with minor cramps. I just stopped taking it 2 days ago so I'm hoping the side affects go away soon. I know birth control affects everyone differently I just couldn't deal with the headaches. Hoping the Nexaplanon side affects aren't too bad."

Lana Hart March 20, 2016