User Reviews for Cyred to treat Birth Control

Cyred Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Cyred

EG · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2020

“Worst acne of my life. Looked like a walking connect the dots board. Horrible.”

Jg93 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

“This birth control ruined my life. I developed extreme anxiety that went away after stopping it. I would break out in pimples that looked like hives under my eyes, got worse every month. I gained a dramatic amount of weight. Stay far away. It’s a generic brand and according to a doctor I spoke with it has inactive ingredients that cause all the side effects. Apri is the only one that works for me.”

Emily May 4, 2020

“I was using a form of Cyred for 1 1/2 years that I LOVED. I could skip taking the placebo pills and I wouldn't get my period or spot, it helped clear my skin and I didn't notice any mood swings, weight gain or anything like that. About 3 months ago when I went to get a replenishment, my gyno said Cyred had changed to Cyred EQ or that was just what they had now, something like that. Anyway, for the past three or so months I've been taking the "EQ" version, still skipping the placebo pills in hopes of not getting a period. I did get a period the first month, but thought whatever, to be expected when "switching" birth controls. For the next month and a half, no period, no spotting. Now for the past three weeks, I've been spotting regularly, it's not heavy, but I do need to wear a panty liner. It'll even stop for a day and then come right back so it's been pretty annoying and I'm really hoping that passes with time. Other than that, my skin is still okay and no abnormal moodiness.”

gbpgirl · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

“My first birth control ever to try from planned parenthood. The only good thing that came out of this was it cleared my acne, didn’t gain weight & I had regular periods. Took me a good 2 years to figure out Cyred gave me mood swings. I would get very irritated really fast and I would get angry most of the time. I thought it was just normal. Until I went on a trip & decided not take the pills because of time zones & I was on the go & realize I was happy. Actually happy. Thats when I realized Cyred cause all my mood swings and even my Ex notice the difference when I was off of the pills. Now I’m trying Tarine FE. Let’s see how that goes!”

Lizzy · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2020

“Been on Cyred for 2yrs now acne clear ! In the beginning I had mood swings , depression went through a really bad time for about 7 months. I decided to put up with it & now I don't feel like that anymore. Some side effects that were common for me was migraines. Also with women concerned about weight, what happens is your appetite increases. That goes for any pill so you really have to watch what you are eating if it does that for you. Other then that I like my BC.”

Anonymous March 27, 2020

“This is the worst birth control pill I really recommend not even trying it. The first week was okay no side effects but after the second week I got the worst anxiety and I’ve never had anxiety in my life. I was worried I was gonna die with any little thing. I kept going to the doctor thinking I had a blood clot and chest pain when I later realized that it was the pill giving me so much anxiety. I stopped taking it and after 3 months I’m barely getting back to normal really don’t recommend it to anyone I would rather be pregnant than ever take this birth control again.”

birth January 14, 2020

“I have been using this birth control for about a year now. From the very beginning, I would have the worst mood swings. At first, I thought it was just my body getting used to the pill, and then after a few months, I thought maybe it was just me. But here we are a year later, I get constant acne in places I never had before, I am a college track athlete so I run and workout every single day and I have gained 16 pounds since last year. I get horrible anxiety, mood swings, and cry almost every day over small things.”

Tiff · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

“So I’m just going to rate it at a 5 for now. I’ve been on the pill for about 2 weeks now and what I have already noticed was ACNE. I never usually get acne except a few bumps here and there but now I’ve been getting huge pimples. Also my breast are a bit tender but overall I’m just going to keep trying it out and hopefully my hormones will balance.”

leesa July 23, 2019

“I have been taking Cyred EQ for a bit over 3 months now, which is how much time you should allow yourself to become adjusted to new hormones (unless side affects are unbearable, of course) Also, take in to consideration that everybody responds to hormones differently. What works wonders for some may cause hell for others. This is just my own personal experience, take note that yours could be completely different. Within a few weeks of beginning Cyred EQ, I noticed more acne breakouts on my face, neck, chest, & back. In addition to the acne, my breasts became increasingly tender (also may have grown a bit?) & I did not experience much relief with the unbearable cramps that I tend to get. On the other hand, I did not notice any weight fluctuations or significant mood changes. Spotting was very minimal after getting used to the hormones, & the flow of my period was very light. Overall, Cyred EQ has worked relatively well for me, despite a few annoying side affects.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

“I just started Cyred and I went on it to not get pregnant and to regulate my period and help with my acne. I have only been on it for a week so far. And my skin has been pretty much the same my acne isn’t terrible but still have a pimple here and there which I’m not complaining. But I didn’t start feeling the side effects till the end of the week. I already struggle with headaches and got a minor headache on my 8th day in so I just took Advil. And then on the 9th day I threw up in the morning due to the birth control. I’m not quite sure why bc I take it at night after I eat. So I’m going to try and stick it out for as long as I can but if I continue to get nauseous and throw up I will switch to something else.”

Chartreusetaco · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2019

“Cyred is my perfect birth control. I don’t gain or lose weight, I don’t have bad side effects, and it does as advertised. Super pleased with it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2019

“Cyred pill heightened my depression and anxiety. I've been on it for 6 months now. I was fine the first few months but once I got to my fourth month using it, things got worse. It's a normal thing for me to cry myself to sleep now and I am always so anxious. I know I'm not an angry person but this pill has definitely made me one. Also, I never used to get cramps during my period but now I do. It made me break out like crazy but it's starting to clear up. The only thing I can't complain about is the fact that my periods are very regular now. Cyred was not good for me so I have switched.”

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

“I have been taking Cyred birth control for 3 months now. The first pack had my breasts very tender, but the last 2 I have had no problems.”

Noodles April 22, 2019

“This pill is great for preventing pregnancy , but not so great on your body, I’ve been taking this pill for about 2 months and I’ve experienced in my first month such awful sadness and depression and anxiety. I would have panic attacks at times I never would before because it all came to much too handle , but after a month they died down and that wasn’t a problem anymore , but now I am about to start my 3rd pack and I’m honestly about to just get condoms and wait to get a new prescription, cause I’ve had my period like 3 times this month and yeah I know you’re thinking oh you could just be pregnant well I’ve been to doctors and token test and no!!! Just this BC!!! May be the one for y’all but the worst kind I’ve ever tried for me !”

TeamCyred · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2019

“I have not been on birth control for 10 years, and have used Cyred for 3 months now. The only side effects I experienced was tender breasts. They actually grew, which I’m not upset about. Worth the pain in my opinion. I had no preference in brand because I haven’t been on it in so long, I have 0 allergies, etc. Cyred worked well for me, I’m not pregnant! Yay!”

Summer · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2019

“So a lot of these reviews really scared me, but this pill works great for me. It’s easy to take because it’s small and I haven’t had any crazy mood swings, it’s been a little strange sometimes, and I might have gained a little weight but that’s all. If you’ve been prescribed this I would say just go with it.”

TM85 March 30, 2019

“On Cyred for only 6 days and I’ve broken out into the worst cystic acne of my life. My skin was pretty clear before I started.”

Cryed user · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2019

“I’ve been using Cryed for about three weeks now and it’s doing a great job at preventing pregnancy which is its main use for me. But I’ve been having terrible mood swings and depression from this pill. I’ve been on two other birth control pills and they never gave me the mood swings and depression that Cryed has. With this being said I’m going to stick it out for at least 2 months since it takes 2-3 months for your body to even regulate the hormones out. I’m hoping this gets better”

Trina March 29, 2019

“Been taking this for about three months now, haven’t had any major side effects. At first I was super hungry and definitely moody but, it’s all passed now. I skip the placebos and continue active pills to skip periods and only problem is I had spotting for almost three weeks straight. Nothing heavy but, enough to have to wear a panty liner at times. Really interfered with my sex life for a while which was frustrating.”

Jaz · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2019

“I have taken the Cyred birth control on and off for a few month, I started taking it for a month and it went really well then I stopped for a couple months and now have been taking it nonstop for almost a month. I've been spotting dry blood non stop but it's not too terrible and my breasts are tender and have gotten bigger. I'm able to eat more which is nice because I usually have poor appetite. My acne has gotten a little worst but I'm sure it'll get better once my hormones regulate.”

Sky · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 23, 2019

“I’ve been on cyred for probably a year and five months, I absolutely love this birth control pill. I have had problems with it and I’m actually scared to even try another kind because of how good this pill is! I do have mood swings but I think that’s just me, and I’ve already had acne problems before birth control and for me it calmed my acne down I only really break out around the week I take off for my period. I would recommend this pill!”

C · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2019

“I’ve been taking Cyred birth control for a little over a month and the largest side effect for me is acne. I usually never get acne but now I do. Occasional mood swings and depression but that might be just me. I take it at night so I don’t feel nauseous during the day. I was only nauseous for the first week or two. I haven’t had any other side effects with it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2019

“Cyred was awful I was constantly sad and anxious this is just awful”

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2019

“I know a lot of people are saying that they are having tons of side effects, but I've had none! I maybe got a little bit more acne, but it's really nothing bad. I know every person will respond differently to medication, obviously, but for me, I've had a really great experience. I would recommend it!”

Bre · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2019

“This medicine has been in my life for 4 months and in those 4 months I’ve had the worst decrease in libido. Sex has become undesirable and it’s impossible to get turned on not only that I’ve been nauseous and moody I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone”

More about Cyred (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol)

Other brands: Apri, Enskyce, Mircette, Isibloom, ... +20 more