User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Also known as: Restasis

Learn more about Cyclosporine.

Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca 44 reviews 1 medications

5.4
Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 44 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Restasis single dose was great. The new single dose is a colossal fail because of the bottle design. It does not dispense properly. I will never buy the single dose again. I called the drug company Allergan and they are processing a claim for reimbursement for me."

PattyMG October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I just received the multi dose after years of using the vials no doubt you can get about 2-3 days use out of just one vial. I got the dropper for convenience. But the dropper is a joke and lucky to get 20 days out of one bottle. They really screwed up the bottle design. I have to squeeze hard to get a drop out and then sometimes 2 come out. I will never get the multi dose again unless they make it better and put more in them. This being said the restasis has definitely taken care of my dry eyes. I am fortunate that my insurance covers it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I have been using restasis single dose for many years and it has helped me immensely with my chronic dry eye. However, I recently tried the multidose restasis and the dispensing bottle is a complete failure. I have wasted so many drops because they do not come out of the bottle. You have to squeeze and wait according to the manufacturer. However, this method does not work. How can you hold your eye open waiting 30 seconds for the drop? I will never use the multidose again. I feel the company should reimburse customers for this very expensive product."

soozeqsh7 September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I have been using restasis single use vials for years and they have definitely helped my post lasik dry eyes--eye doc confirms corneas healthier, no dry patches. I was using the single use vials, using each one twice as everyone does, with no problems. I decided I'd try the multidose vials. I'd make the same comments as others--they are hard to dispense, dispense more than you need, and will not last a month, let alone 45 days, which makes them more than twice as expensive as the vials. We will see if Allergan keeps its promise to keep making the vials, as they will obviously increase profits with the multi use bottles."

Tucson anne (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Restasis SINGLE-DOSE was quite effective and easy to use for my dry eye condition after having intra-ocular lens implant 6-1/2 years ago. I switched to RESTASIS MUTI-DOSE for convenience. But, because of the viscosity/thickness of the MULTI-DOSE liquid it is nearly impossible to dispense. My hand goes into a spasm trying to squeeze just 1 droplet out. Even my big strong husband has struggles with the bottle. Allergan put too much castor oil and glycerin in the MULTI-DOSE formula. I called Express Scripts pharmacist and was advised to throw out the bottle and try a new one, thinking it was faulty. New one was just as bad."

Caroljb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I have little to no effect using restasis for 9 months. At about $900 for a prescription of multidose Restasis I got about 40 days of applications, not the 55 claimed by Allergen. The dropper design is simply awful. The dropper is very difficult to squeeze to release a drop. The liquid is too viscous for a drop. It comes out in an amount that is probably equivalent to 3 applictions. The cost of this is prohibitive; my insurance is paying about $500 per prescription so I am picking up the $400 balance. I will never order the multiuse prescription again and I am doing my best to persuade my ophthalmologist to prescribe a different drug."

Unhappy consumer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I was diagnosed with extreme dry eye, in part due to past Lasix surgery, part occupational hazard, and part age related. My doctor put me on Restasis. It turns out I am allergic. I had none of the eye pain others described. But, my vision was very blurry impeding my ability to read and focus starting day 1. I increased my fluid intake, thinking dehydration. I had a "light " headache, sinus & throat issues getting progressively worse and I would suddenly lose my voice & experience dizziness. My blood pressure was elevated. My face became red & itchy.After feeling abnormalities in the blood flow around my heart, I stopped the Restasis. This all happened in 4 days. Most of the symptoms left 48 hours after stopping. Restasis is not for everyone."

Susan, NJ (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I had dry eyes since I began wearing contacts when I was 12 years old. Now at age 35 I found the solution.... and it was not Restasis. I was prescribed Restasis for my chronic dry eye in 2014 and I used it for about 1 1/2 years. It burned my eyes every single time is used it and I eventually quit because it was so painful. About one year ago in 2016 I started exercising and drinking about 1 gallon of water per day. An unintentional result from my increased water intake was NO MORE dry eyes! I no longer have to use any eye drops, something I never left home without before. I'm not saying this will work for everyone but I have tried multiple eye drops for years and got no results, I even tried supplements like fish oil with no improvement."

Jess091101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Restasis - not the greatest. Seems to cause light sensitivity and filminess to where it can be like trying to see thru very light smoke or fog. I have not been impressed. Theratears or something else seems to provide better relief. I think it would be worth investigating to see if Restasis is less effective on people over 60, or who have had ocular implants. The actual price of the stuff seems a real gouge. Fortunately, insurance pays the most of it."

Blacknwhite (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I had spent much of my time outdoors in the windy and dry plains of Co. My eyes stayed dry and painful. Eyedrops gave relief but symptoms would return so my doctor prescribed Restasis. It had the same results. I realized that even though I was no longer in a harsh environment my eyes had become conditioned and addicted to Eyedrops and Restasis! I learned that it is a very common addiction, including the body's craving and withdrawals from the substance. Restasis is nothing but an unnecessary addictive drug and the drug co. knows it. It should only be used while you have inflammation just like any other anti-inflammatory med. Overuse of anti-inflammatories is like overuse of anti-biotics. We know what happens when we do that. Effectiveness decreases"

adamw2635 January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I have only been using this drug for 4 days. I am not having any problems with using it, However, I am a bit concerned with loss of appetite and brain fog. I can stand to lose some wieght but since I am a nursing student, I cannot deal with feeling out of it. I wonder if these side effects are temporary."

Bellaboo1972 January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Yes, it burns. Get over it. This is the only medication that's an actual SOLUTION, and not just a bandaid on the problem like lubricants. You will suffer for a month, get used to it because it's worth it. Restasis works, if you'd rather complain and not find a solution than go through a month uncomfortable I am speechless. You can not use inflammatory eye drops, it negates restasis. Be prepared for no makeup, and to look bloodshot for a bit. After a cpl months I'm loving the effect Restasis has had on my eyes. Pro-tip: Stick vials in the fridge, when you put a couple drops in each eye place the topper back on. ONE vial will last 3-4 days, that's putting 2 drops in each eye 2x a day. Recommended is 2 vials a day, bullshit."

Faithnh November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I am a senior citizen who has been on Restasis for 5 yrs. It is so expensive that using it puts me in the medicare donut hole. The drug company, Allergan, is unwilling to give me assistance in the form of samples and my dr's office gave me two samples one time during the 5 yr. period and after that will not help. I was refused two samples to get me through until Jan 1 when my new insurance year begins. It costs $481.35 for a monthly supply so even though my copay is only $30, I am in the donut hole by August at the latest. Allergan has a racket going on here at the expense of the patient. It's not affordable even though it's effective. Totally unfair, corrupt company."

Bobbbi k October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "The first and second evening after beginning use of Restasis I experienced severe bloating. By the third day I felt a wheezing sensation in my throat and diarrhea. By the fourth day I was doubled over with severe stomach pains, diarrhea and vomiting. Symptoms continued for six days when my doctor ordered blood work, urinalysis, and stool sampling. Results showed a high white blood cell count and a high eosinophilia count. A few days later I was admitted to the hospital for severe dehydration due to continued vomiting and diarrhea. A colonoscopy and endoscopy were performed along with a biopsy of stomach wall to rule out a parasite infection. Diagnosis concluded a suffered a severe allergic reaction to Restasis."

Big K October 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I was prescribed Restasis by my ophthalmologist due to severe dry eye caused by Accutune. I was given a card that gave me a discount since I did not have private health insurance and used each vile over 2-3 days so that it became effectively very cheap for me to use. I had side effects at first, burning eyes and blurred vision. I was told it takes a minimum of 3 months to see any benefits so I kept using it. It worked almost too well, as my eyes started producing tears so much that my eyes would water all the time. I stopped using the product after 1 year, and my eyes have improved so much I no longer need to use it, although I still use regular over the counter eye drops (Systane Balance) once or twice a day as needed"

Empeaches October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Have been taking Restasis for dry eyes for two years with no other symptoms than burning until recently. My vision has become blurred, had my glass prescription made stronger, difficulty reading, redness of eyes and terrible itching. Started to use Refresh Plus and symptoms are lessening. Will discuss problem with my opthamologist."

Ellie P. September 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "My eye doctor tried me on Restasis for dry eyes the first time being about a year ago. I didn't experience stinging as some have and thought it was going to do the job. However, about a week into the treatment my eyes felt swollen. I lifted my upper lids to see if anything looked wrong and my eyeball looked like it had hemorrhaged. I took a picture so I could show my doctor and stopped the treatment. About 6 months later we decided to try it again thinking maybe another medication I was using could have caused the Restasis to react that way. But once again it did the same thing."

pem71351 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Ten years ago, I went through 7mo. of chemo for breast Cancer. In doing so, my tear ducts were affected as well as my eyes. Both eyes felt as though I had stared at someone welding, only my eyes just got worse. I used eye drops and gels for a couple months. And then my doctor prescribed Restasis. During the day, I used the drops and then both eyes would burn for a bit and itch. At night, I used the OTC gel. This gel causes blurred vision, has a cooling effect and puts the fire out. The Restasis was always kept in a cooler when away from home and in the fridge at home. This seemed to take the burn and itch out about half."

HotMammaMia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I've been using Restasis as prescribed by my Opthamologist for 18 months. I have experienced no relief. I have the same symptoms after 18 months of use."

LynJO (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "My husband is 42 years old and has perfect (20/20) vision. He began experiencing eye trouble about two years ago. It began with a few floaters. He says he still has these floaters as well as a feeling as if there are 'shadows' being cast over his eyes/eyelids. He also complains that they burn and have a 'sand' or 'grit' feeling in them. He has been to several eye doctors, all of which have either written him off completely, or diagnosed him with having severe dry eye. He tried Restasis and they have since become worse. No relief at all. He uses the non-preservative eye drops throughout the day and others occasionally. I see quite a few people have said the same thing, the Restasis just doesn't work. The discomfort has worsened."

Denny1974 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for : "About little more than six months ago I had perfectly healthy eyes, then I had an eye burn. Both of my eyes were inflamed and severly dry and painful after that burn, later causing an eye ulcer on my left eye. I was completely devastated, could not even believe that happened to me! But, then my second ophthalmologist prescribed me Restasis, I started using them but every time wanted to stop, because there were no results whatsoever! But, I continued using them hoping that they would help because my eyes were extremely inflamed and dry and painful! After only 4whole months I finally started seeing some results! My eyes started healing slowly, but at least they started improving! This is my fifth month, and I really do think they are helping"

Bee88 May 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Use the drops approx every other day now, started daily. Absolutely no problems. Eye dr very pleased. However, thanks to Obama, can no longer afford. Sad."

Mitzi301 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Redness, blured vision, pain in and around affected eye, feeling of something in my eye, Have been on Restasis for 2 weeks but felt the side effects right away."

Aunte March 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Tear production increased slightly - but now I have blurry vision"

Dry eye March 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "The first time I was prescribed Restasis - I was also prescribed a cortisone drop and I didn't have any issues with burning and got complete relief within a few short months. I stopped taking it after 6 months and the eyes became dry again about 9 months later. I am back on it again but this time without the cortisone drops. I am finding the burning pretty much continuous. However I am again producing tears easily. I will ask my doctor to again prescribe cortisone drops in addition to the Restasis. My doctor ok'd me using each vile for 2-3 days.Fortunately I have insurance that covers most of the cost. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone suffering from chronic dry eyes. None of the over the counter medications helped."

SquirrellyCakes February 14, 2016