User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Dry Eye Disease
4.8

Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 4.9 124 reviews

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was awaking during the night with severe eye pain to the point of crying at times due to the pain. I have dry eyes and occular dystrophy. I have been using the Restatis for only about 3 weeks and I see a little improvement. I don’t have to sit in a dark room with my eyes covered with a cool damp washcloth anymore all day; although I do put one on at night time. I had been experiencing nearly daily corneal abrasions. It has been several days since I had one. The medication is a necessity as I have found nothing else that helps as much. I am hoping to see continued improvement as I have been told it could take 6 months to see optimal results. As everyone said the drawback is the bottle is difficult to use since the drops take a long time to come out and there does not seem to be adequate amount. With insurance and the Allergan coupon the drops are affordable. I am very grateful for the medication. I make some tears now. And my eyes are more comfortable."

Jackie October 13, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have to have Restasis. Been using this medicine for years. Recently used the multidose bottle. It does not work properly. I can not believe this product is allowed on the market. How can allergan do this and get away with it????"

Dry Eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 10, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "A few years ago my doctor told me I needed Restasis. I really did not think I had dry eyes, as my eyes actually tear up...he said those are "Junk Tears." Never heard of such a thing but went with it. I used them for about 4 months and did not notice a change. He thought I would "see better" with them. Ha Ha. What happened towards the end of using them...my vision started to get blurry. It has gotten worse and to the point where I need to wear glasses all the time. I really think the Restasis did this. The doctor says I have the start of cataracts...really...again, I am saying it was the Restasis that did this and I am not happy. So, in my opinion, unless you really are having a dry eye issue that is causing a lot of problems, do not use this product or you may very well end up like me and have blurred vision."

Mmorans5 October 4, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been on the Restasis in vials for about 6 years. I never had any problems at all. About a week ago I received my 90 day supply and it was 3 bottles. I checked into why now bottles and the bottles are preservative-free. I started using the bottles and I agree with everyone that the bottle "STINKS" even though the product is suppose to be better for your eye. I have had no issues with my eyes when using the vials so when these bottles are finished, I will be requesting the vials (they are still available). If you are on Medicare, as I am, and in the "donut hole" this will cost about $500 a month...TOOO expensive to use and waste! This drug drove me into the donut hole. I was in the rewards program before getting on Medicare and it cost me $90 for a 3 month supply. Why can't Seniors get HELP! This is ridiculous! Users need help with this drug."

lh (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "In case anyone is wondering, the retail price of a three-month prescription of the multi-use bottles is $1800.99. With insurance and the Allergan coupon, I wound up paying $152.01 out of pocket. Does the medicine work? I'm not sure because I haven't been using it long enough. I can tell you (as others have) that the bottle is a joke. I think it was purposefully designed to waste the product. It is impossible to get one drop out at a time which means you have dollars worth of product running down your cheek. I'm sure folks at Allergan are laughing all the way to the bank. Search YouTube for Restasis and watch the old videos that tout how their product come in one-use vials because the product should be fresh every time you use it. Now they changed their story to say the single use vials are wasting plastic. I'm going to ask my doctor to prescribe the single use vials (if they still make them)."

Cleanhonda September 30, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I just wanted to add my criticism of the multidose bottles! Ridiculous!!! My first bottle ($500+) lasted only 10 days. I thought I must be doing something wrong, so I tried again and managed to get a whopping 14 days worth of expensive drops out of that bottle. I used the single-use vials before and Restasis works well for me, but it's ridiculously expensive, especially when you get 10 days worth of medicine out of the bottle."

Back Home Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I'm not sure if Restasis works well. Can't get enough from the bottle to the eye to find out. The eyes sting badly so I have to use some Systane after 30 minutes. Perhaps the Allergan (Restasis) folks could call the Alcon (Systane) folks to find out how to make a bottle for eyedrops. Will be using only Systane when when the Restasis runs out."

Terbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The good: Restasis works for me. I was forced by my insurance company to try the other dry eye RX which was approved a year or so ago. Forced meaning they stopped covering Restasis. I used the other one for 9 months. It was awful. I finally got my insurance to once again cover Restatis. Have been back on it and it is working again. The bad: The multi dose bottle does not last a full month. Either they need to put more medicine in it or fix the bottle. Sometimes it's a tiny drop that comes out and sometimes it's a huge drop. I will continue to use Restasis, but a fix on the multi dose bottle would be nice."

RodS (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have never been as frustrated trying to take medication as I have been with the Restasis Multidose bottle. What an incredibly poor design. Initially, the bottle works fine, but after a few uses, it take so long to disperse a drop that my hand cramps. So, I change hands, and the drop comes out and falls on my face and I have to start the process again. Because the medication is so expensive, and the only medication that affectively treats dry eye, the only way to afford it is by using the companies promotional card that gives you a big discount on the Multidose bottles. If didn't need this medication I would never purchase anything again from Allergan again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have chronic dry eyes and my eye doctor recommended to use Restasis to help with the condition. Upon receiving my prescription, I was told it cost $512.00!!! I said what in the world and why is this product so outrageously expensive. I said no ,I cannot afford that price. My pharmacist went on his computer and looked for a coupon. He came back and said it went down to $107.00 But still for the tiny bottle where there is barely enough drops for a couple of weeks plus the drops take forever to come out and sometimes landing on your face which is a waste of $$$$!!! Allergan is making big bucks on this product they need to be investigated but then again pharmaceutical companies own the legislation in this country. Most of us seniors with this chronic condition do not have excess $$$ to spend on this product. Good for those wealthy people who can afford this product but what about the other 90% of the population that cannot afford this but need it. Answer? Greed"

love labs (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I also agree... it is bottle is awful. I can't tell when I'm going to run out. I wish they'd bring back the individual doses. The Restasis itself is great... again... the bottle is awful!"

dlphn (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The new multi-use bottle is a rip-off. With my insurance, it costs $175, but I can get a "month" of the vials for the same price. However, one of the vials will last 3 days! You do the math..."

Imo (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "This company needs to heed our warning. If I cannot get Restasis in vials again, I will find another medication with a better bottle or vials. The waste during application is incredible, and considering it’s obscene price, it is highway robbery. Based on so many reviews I am not the only one having problems with their new bottle. Please do something soon or your share value is going to start dropping drastically. Thank you."

Margie (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 9, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Not a fan of the multi-dose bottle. I've got my first prescription of this on August 29th and I am already almost out. And like others have remarked the bottle does not dispense drops properly. That is obvious because I should not be running out of medication this early. And since my insurance will not pay for another round until it's been a month I will have to go without it until a month has passed. But I am not going to buy this multi-dose again not if I can help it. I'm going to go back to the vials."

amkoffee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 8, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I haven’t been using Restasis long enough to know if it’s going to work for me, but I’m having a rough time with the applicator. I’m a veteran eye drop user, having used glaucoma medication for twenty years, and never had a problem. It’s really hard to get a drop of Restasis to emerge, and like others, I lose a lot of the medication in the process. Wish they would change applicators!"

Jan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Worse dispensing bottles EVER!! too expensive to be wasting even one drop but you can't help it with those awful new bottles. Once done with this prescription I'm done!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "After reading the comments I found it interesting that everyone has the same complaint and so do I. The new bottle is a joke!! I too have experienced it taking awhile to come out and when it does, it isn't a drop. You have to squeeze hard to get anything to come out!! I already have used one bottle which was shy of a months supply. I find for the money, this unacceptable. I have used various eye drop dispensers in my life but this is ridiculous!! Either go back to the vials or find a better bottle."

Lambchop (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I’ve been using multi dose for three months... The waste is horrible from this bottle (probably making more money for them) the cost is laughable! And why are they getting away with it !!!! USA needs to investigate this outrages price ! And then I have to use wetting drops as well .... when I’m done with this last 3 months I’m done period .... I can afford this by the way but I’m tired of people being used !!!!!"

Sue August 25, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Love restasis in the single dose vials! Works great for my dry eye with a pterygium (benign growth of tissue on the surface of the eye) I HATE, HATE, HATE the new multidose bottle. One required tools to use, the next gushes liquid all over at the slightest touch. Please go back to single use!!!!"

SJR (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 25, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I hate this bottle for dispensing drops. It is very difficult to get a drop to fall into your eyes. You have to squeeze the bottle and then wait, wait, wait for the drop or drops to fall. I used single vials previously and they were fine, but I'm not sure that these expensive drops are actually effective in my particular case. I'm checking with my doctor and hopefully can totally get off of these drops."

Joey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Bottles very difficult to use. Do not get a full month's usage from one bottle. Very expensive even with insurance. Does not seem to make much difference in eye discomfort."

Howie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The worst dispensing mechanism ever! At $500 for a tiny container, every drop counts. Instead of a well designed container that is able to allow drops to enter directly into the eye, this container has a flat end. At least 2-3 drops are lost during each administration of this product.."

NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "After years of using the vials I was happy to try the multi-dose application. Sad to say that the drops are very difficult to get out of the bottle. I need 3 bottles for one month which is $100 for me as opposed to the vials which I pay $100 for a 3 month supply. I am going back to the vials."

Vicki (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Like other people on these comments, the medicine contained within the packaging works great. The packaging is a marketing nightmare. First of all I followed the directions precisely, spending a lot of money for these eye drops I don't like wasting them. It takes too long for the drops to come out your eye dries out worse while you're waiting for the drop to come out. Then once the drop comes out multiple drops comes out drops all over your face wasting the drops, and wasting my money. The clear cap does not stay on the bottle there's no way to connect it to the bottle they warned against infection but there's no way to keep a cap on the bottle. Bottle accidentally drops tips over or you try to pack it in your purse or luggage to go anywhere the bottle top does not stay on. I'm calling my doctor and getting the single dose. I've never seen a container this poorly made."

Dj (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used Restasis for many years with success but was very disappointed when I attempted to use the new bottles. Even after following the instructions it is extremely difficult to get the drop out and into the eye. After voicing my concerns to the insurance company I was sent a gratis bottle which worked the same as the others. In addition the product is very expensive. I recommend this product be taken off the market and the vials be used to fill prescriptions."

cutie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 29, 2018