User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Also known as: Restasis

Learn more about Cyclosporine.

Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca 29 reviews 1 medications

5.4
Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 29 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Cyclosporine

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Have been taking Restasis for dry eyes for two years with no other symptoms than burning until recently. My vision has become blurred, had my glass prescription made stronger, difficulty reading, redness of eyes and terrible itching. Started to use Refresh Plus and symptoms are lessening. Will discuss problem with my opthamologist."

Ellie P. September 23, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "My eye doctor tried me on Restasis for dry eyes the first time being about a year ago. I didn't experience stinging as some have and thought it was going to do the job. However, about a week into the treatment my eyes felt swollen. I lifted my upper lids to see if anything looked wrong and my eyeball looked like it had hemorrhaged. I took a picture so I could show my doctor and stopped the treatment. About 6 months later we decided to try it again thinking maybe another medication I was using could have caused the Restasis to react that way. But once again it did the same thing."

pem71351 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Ten years ago, I went through 7mo. of chemo for breast Cancer. In doing so, my tear ducts were affected as well as my eyes. Both eyes felt as though I had stared at someone welding, only my eyes just got worse. I used eye drops and gels for a couple months. And then my doctor prescribed Restasis. During the day, I used the drops and then both eyes would burn for a bit and itch. At night, I used the OTC gel. This gel causes blurred vision, has a cooling effect and puts the fire out. The Restasis was always kept in a cooler when away from home and in the fridge at home. This seemed to take the burn and itch out about half."

HotMammaMia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2016

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I've been using Restasis as prescribed by my Opthamologist for 18 months. I have experienced no relief. I have the same symptoms after 18 months of use."

LynJO (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "My husband is 42 years old and has perfect (20/20) vision. He began experiencing eye trouble about two years ago. It began with a few floaters. He says he still has these floaters as well as a feeling as if there are 'shadows' being cast over his eyes/eyelids. He also complains that they burn and have a 'sand' or 'grit' feeling in them. He has been to several eye doctors, all of which have either written him off completely, or diagnosed him with having severe dry eye. He tried Restasis and they have since become worse. No relief at all. He uses the non-preservative eye drops throughout the day and others occasionally. I see quite a few people have said the same thing, the Restasis just doesn't work. The discomfort has worsened."

Denny1974 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for : "About little more than six months ago I had perfectly healthy eyes, then I had an eye burn. Both of my eyes were inflamed and severly dry and painful after that burn, later causing an eye ulcer on my left eye. I was completely devastated, could not even believe that happened to me! But, then my second ophthalmologist prescribed me Restasis, I started using them but every time wanted to stop, because there were no results whatsoever! But, I continued using them hoping that they would help because my eyes were extremely inflamed and dry and painful! After only 4whole months I finally started seeing some results! My eyes started healing slowly, but at least they started improving! This is my fifth month, and I really do think they are helping"

Bee88 May 28, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Use the drops approx every other day now, started daily. Absolutely no problems. Eye dr very pleased. However, thanks to Obama, can no longer afford. Sad."

Mitzi301 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Redness, blured vision, pain in and around affected eye, feeling of something in my eye, Have been on Restasis for 2 weeks but felt the side effects right away."

Aunte March 22, 2016

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Tear production increased slightly - but now I have blurry vision"

Dry eye March 3, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "The first time I was prescribed Restasis - I was also prescribed a cortisone drop and I didn't have any issues with burning and got complete relief within a few short months. I stopped taking it after 6 months and the eyes became dry again about 9 months later. I am back on it again but this time without the cortisone drops. I am finding the burning pretty much continuous. However I am again producing tears easily. I will ask my doctor to again prescribe cortisone drops in addition to the Restasis. My doctor ok'd me using each vile for 2-3 days.Fortunately I have insurance that covers most of the cost. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone suffering from chronic dry eyes. None of the over the counter medications helped."

SquirrellyCakes February 14, 2016

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Have no insurance! Too expensive for me to even get! Am elderly and live on social security. A lot of others can't afford it either. Sorry"

Anonymous January 8, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "They didn't help my dry eyes at all."

patscga (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I suffered with severe dry eyes for years. I was developing corneal ulcers and tons of dry spots. It was hard to wear contact lenses. My optometrist had me see an opthalmologist, and she put me on Restatis. Three months later, I had my check-up and the corneal ulcer is healed (left a small scar), and all the dry spots are gone. She has cleared me to try to wear contact lenses again. I actually feel tears when I blink. So far, this medication has been a godsend for me. I tested negative for Sjogrens."

mamamamam December 6, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Unfortunately was unable to affectively try this product. I experienced severe burning in my eyes following application. I contacted Allergen (manufacturer of Restassus) immediately with my side effects and they offered a complete refund. Thrilled that I was able to re-coup my money as this was a VERY expensive prescription ($1400/cash... 3 month supply). I am impressed with their support and willingness to refund."

Dbacques November 18, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I have an extreme dry left eye that drives me crazy for about 2 years can't wait to get home to wash my eye at night the right eye is dry per my dr exam but not nearly as bad. First few days in bad eye felt better off the bat. I am a sceptic so it really did feel better. 1 month later my really dry left eye feels wonderful. I was going to use it only in left bad eye due to the cost but once I opened the vial saw how much was in there I decided to use in against drs orders though I wash my hands and do not touch the dropper at all. works great for me"

kathleen s October 17, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "When I see the commercial for Restasis on television, the lady who is on the commercial looks scary. Her eyes look so unnatural. She is staring like some zombie. I would not even try this just because of her zombie eyes. Either fix that or find someone else who does not look like zombie on TV."

Jane Ann October 6, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I used Restasis for extreme dry eyes. After 2 years and no relief I gave up. Restasis didn't do a thing! I now use Retaine available on line or at pharmacy. It's new...and works great! No prescription needed...and only about $20 for 30 containers. Use just like Restasis."

Bemopan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "One of the things that I'm reading here is that people use Restasis and Steroids together. You can't use Restasis at the same time use Steroids that is a big mistakes your eyes are going to get worse. Using Restasis for 4 months and I feel great."

Grace13 August 30, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "This drug is so expensive (insurance covers little!!!) and simply does not work (after three months!)! I do not recommend it to any one "

phil Lee August 7, 2015

For Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "My eyes tear constantly, I also have plugs in both eyes that don't seem to be helping. So far Restasis hasn't helped at all. All the Dr says is keep using it. I'm very frustrated. I don't know what to do."

Furry blanket (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for : "I have been on restasis for about a year and do not see much improvement. In fact, everytime I use it my eyes burn for about an hour and it blurs my vision. I am still using other moisture drops in my eyes several times a day and the PM eye ointment at night. I will stop using it as I don't see a difference. IF there are people oiut there that cannot afford this medication, ask yoiu doctor for a card that will give you a discount or maybe you can get it for free as I did."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I have been using this for approximately 2 years now and I am very worried that it has made my eyes MUCH worse.... I have just gotten done reading the other reviews and I am the complete opposite of these others. Therefore, I read the list of possible but not likely side effects and I am experiencing each and every one of these symptoms every time I use this medicine. Today, I used my restasis and then went venturing with my family for a few hours and my right eye began to secrete the yelowish thick fluid and burn worse than ever before. It also started to swell at the far corner of my eye. I went to the local emergency room where I was informed that I have conjunctivitis in my right eye and now have to use antibiotics and pain meds"

MissiEvol (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I've been using it for over a year and it is great. My eyes feel much better. But I would like it better if it didn't cost so much."

Leggetie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "I was hesitant to start using Restasis after reading the reviews. However, I was very desperate, suffering from severe dry eye, corneal scarring/dry spots, and ocular rosacea. My eyes were just giving me too much trouble and I was using high-end lubricant eye drops, compresses daily, fish oil pills, and consuming a lot of water. I was doing all I could to avoid Restasis. At the end of my rope, my Dr. prescribed Restasis along with a steroid drop. I have been using both for a month now and can already tell a very big difference. My eyes feel normal again and much less sensitive, no burning or scratching or tearing. It is wonderful. I hope that the benefits continue as long as I use the drops. I am a very happy Restasis customer!"

Jen H (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca: "Restasis has been nothing short of a miracle for me! My eyes hurt, were extremely dry, had bumps under my eyelids and terrible allergies and inflammation. In the morning my eyelid would stick closed and I would have to open it slowly and add gel drops. I was on 4 things a day for my eyes and they were not getting much better. I run a humidifier because the dryness from running the heat in the winter seemed to make my eyes worse. I could not wear my contact lenses as it was torture. After being on Restasis for 3 weeks, I am 80% better. I use Systane Ultra gel drops when I go to bed at night and my eyes are so much better in the mornings when I wake up. I am now wearing my contact lenses again, but, not as long during the day as I used too. Grateful!"

Godlover/John 3:16 January 28, 2015