User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Dry Eye Disease
4.7

Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 4.8 104 reviews

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Bottles very difficult to use. Do not get a full month's usage from one bottle. Very expensive even with insurance. Does not seem to make much difference in eye discomfort."

Howie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The worst dispensing mechanism ever! At $500 for a tiny container, every drop counts. Instead of a well designed container that is able to allow drops to enter directly into the eye, this container has a flat end. At least 2-3 drops are lost during each administration of this product.."

NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "After years of using the vials I was happy to try the multi-dose application. Sad to say that the drops are very difficult to get out of the bottle. I need 3 bottles for one month which is $100 for me as opposed to the vials which I pay $100 for a 3 month supply. I am going back to the vials."

Vicki (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Like other people on these comments, the medicine contained within the packaging works great. The packaging is a marketing nightmare. First of all I followed the directions precisely, spending a lot of money for these eye drops I don't like wasting them. It takes too long for the drops to come out your eye dries out worse while you're waiting for the drop to come out. Then once the drop comes out multiple drops comes out drops all over your face wasting the drops, and wasting my money. The clear cap does not stay on the bottle there's no way to connect it to the bottle they warned against infection but there's no way to keep a cap on the bottle. Bottle accidentally drops tips over or you try to pack it in your purse or luggage to go anywhere the bottle top does not stay on. I'm calling my doctor and getting the single dose. I've never seen a container this poorly made."

Dj (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used Restasis for many years with success but was very disappointed when I attempted to use the new bottles. Even after following the instructions it is extremely difficult to get the drop out and into the eye. After voicing my concerns to the insurance company I was sent a gratis bottle which worked the same as the others. In addition the product is very expensive. I recommend this product be taken off the market and the vials be used to fill prescriptions."

cutie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 29, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I also hate the new multidose bottle for the same reasons. Hard to apply, nothing comes out, then too much, doesn't last a month etc... The single use vials are much preferable. Over the years my eye doctors have confirmed that it is OK to use the single use vials more than once, until the liquid is consumed, as long as you keep the party used vial in the refrigerator. For this reason, a one month supply lasts at 2 to 3 months and I can justify using a bit more plastic. Compared to all the other ways our society wastes plastic, this is minor in comparison."

tennisbets July 24, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease: "I have taking Restasis in vial form for 6 months for treatment of ocular rosacea, because it increases tear production and is an immune modulator. It has worked very well indeed. I am Canadian. This time when I refilled my prescription, my insurance company specified a generic version (Teva) I have compared the size and shape of the vials from both companies and they appear to be identical, as are the contents and the dosage. After a little research, I discovered that Allergan's patent protection scheme has been overthrown and this has opened up the market to generics apparently and this Canadian product just came on the market in May, 2018."

boblin July 24, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "A combination of Restasis and Pataday has cured my constant watery eyes - so distracting and embarrassing - I'm a teacher and tears running down my cheeks doesn't exactly inspire confidence. BUT switched pharmacy to CVS and they sent the multidose. Like others, I have trouble getting an exact drop out of the bottle and it does NOT last one month. Not sure what I can do to get the single dose vials since my insurance has a say."

Lin (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been using the ampoules since 2012; lots of used amps to discard in the recycle bin, no problem. First multidose bottle: 1) I cannot SEE the drop as it is ready to drip and therefore cannot align to my eye properly. 2) It takes A LOT of squeezing to get a drop to be dosed; in the process... 3)...eye becomes dry being held open so long awaiting drop to be disbursed. I timed my process last night, 5 minutes to get 2 drops; one per eye. The night before, I had a gushing stream down the side of my nose NOT from the tip as far as I could tell. Not impressed, I am requesting to go back to the vials; and another preauthorization process with my insurance."

JJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I've been using single dose for many years.I thought it was just me having difficulty with this new multimode bottle. I have some finger arthritis & this is so hard to get into waste expensive drops. And when will there be a less expensive generic"

Diane (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 18, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "First I just want to mention I never post about products but this one has me so annoyed. I have had dry eyes since my laser eye surgery. My eye doctor prescribed restasis. It works, but you need to take it indefinitely. I used the vials and never used the whole thing so I thought switching to the multidose would mean less waste and less plastic. Nope. Just finished my 1st bottle (I think, bottle is impossible to squeeze and get anything out) in only 2 weeks. I might have gotten an extra drop here for there with the multidose bottle. With the vials I always did 2 drops (so not as much went to waste) in each eye and still had some left in the vial. I will be switching back to the vials unfortunately."

Ber (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The multi dose bottle is impossible for me to use by myself. I have to have someone put the drops in for me and by the time we get a drop out of the bottle my eyes are burning and dry from holding them open so long. I don’t really see that I’m any better after 1 month and this drug is outrageously expensive. My next refill I will ask for the single use vials which I hate because of all the plastic but I have to have."

Anna July 14, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Restasis medication has helped my dry eyes so very much but the new bottle is awful the design is outrageous the nose bit is too short.... I understand the mechanics inside needs to dispense one drop and it has to be aseptic I appreciate that but the nose is too short. Especially halfway through the bottle it's outrageous it comes out and goes to the side of the bottle very very difficult to use... I feel sorry for elderly patients who might need to use this medication with arthritis. Please address this issue... much appreciated."

Lulu (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "RESTASIS MultiDose RESTASIS MultiDose bottle design is the worst I’ve ever seen. The engineers have made it so complex that it takes 5 minutes to get ONE drop in both eyes. I see now why the cost is so high (must be 80% of the cost just in the manufacturing of their bottle). I just started using their product and it may be great (still waiting for the results) but I highly recommend you only use the single-use vials. Unfortunately Humana issued me a 90 day supply of the MultiDose bottles so this is going to be very painful. My guess is this is why so many people stop taking RESTASIS. "

BillB (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "What a rip off in this bottle of Restasis! Allergan needs to be investigated. I never could get drops to even come out even after I inverted the bottle several times. The product is great but your engineering design is pitiful. I bet the engineer who designed the bottle never tested it. I will be returning bottle today for refund. Why mess with a product that has worked for me for last 4 years?"

Lou (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "This one star rating is for RESTASIS MultiDose my insurer is now providing via mail order. Whoever invented this it is a marketing ploy by Allergan sand they should be hung out to dry! Horrible applicator as noted by many. I'll be back to the vials which will cost more locally, but such a better produce. I would give Restasis an 8 star rating for the drug itself which Allergan again markets to the hilt at the customers expense. It is hard to like a drug company like this."

eeagle (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "If you can get these drops in your eyes with out blinking (it takes so long!) it works quite well. However, no medicine should be this difficult to use to do its job! Whoever invented this new eye drop bottle should be fired!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I agree with everyone else. The bottle is awful and does not last a full month!! Is there any way you can get this info to Allergan, the manufacturer? I'd like them to know."

Wren May 17, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been using Restasis for 3 years, it has helped a lot. I HATE the new bottle. I have to pay a lot for this and it doesn't last the month because the bottle is so hard to squeeze then 2 drops come out just when you give up waiting for it. It's awful! The bottle is the reason I give it a 3 otherwise it would have been higher."

doirked (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used Restasis for almost five years, with great results, no side effects. The ampules worked beautifully, I never lost one drop. I was happy to switch to the multi dose option, thinking there would be less waste. What a horrible design! Drops sometimes run down the side of the bottle instead of the nozzle (which is too short). You need to squeeze extra hard to get a drop out and so sometimes a huge drop that feels like two drops come out. I have never experienced an eye drop bottle this terrible. It is unmanageable."

Erika (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Restasis rx is great for my dry eye associated with Sjorgrens. But the multi dose bottle is awful. I have rheumatoid arthritis. When I finally got into the bottle the drops were VERY difficult to get out. I thought the multi was a great idea and I have no difficulty with normal eye drop containers. I hope they change it but currently I hope they continue to produce the little vials."

BBB66 (taken for 10 years or more) May 8, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The multi dose administration device is a disaster. It should be investigated. Possibly they think they can sell more due to the wasteage. Of course my arthritis may be a factor but comment true nonetheless"

Billy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I’ve been using Restasis for years with no problems. Howerver, the new bottle design is terrible. I find myself wasting drops because it is difficult to properly locate the applicator to place the drops in my eyes. I find this particularly disturbing since you only get a 30-day supply and I’ve been running short. Please design a more user-friendly applicator. Because of the new bottle design, I’m only giving a “3” rating. I would have otherwise rated it a “10”."

Marty (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I just started restasis about a week ago. So far, it often irritates my eyes, leaving the burning and slightly red. Using Theratears after 15 minutes helps, but I often use it more than I had been before starting the Rx. I agree with most users that the bottle is horrendous. I have fairly strong hands but need both to get a drop out, and my eyes get even drier from holding the eye under the drop open until I can get it out. There’s no excuse for this. Designing a decent bottle is not rocket science!"

Judy (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I feel better after reading reviews to find out others have had problems with the multi use container. I have used eye drops for many years and have NEVER had a problem with putting them in my eyes, but this bottle is so poorly designed, difficult to squeeze the drop out and it either comes out too much and is a waste or not enough or not at all. I hope I can get the single use vials which are much more sanitary too,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018