User Reviews for Cyclosporine ophthalmic

Dry Eye Disease
4.6

Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 4.7 140 reviews

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Almost impossible to squeeze out the multi dose! Same problem as everyone else. I contacted Restasis and they said they would check into this matter and get back to me, that was 2 months ago!! Get the vials, don’t use the multi dose-waste of money!!!! Eye doctors should be aware of this awful multi dose!!!!!"

Kat January 28, 2019

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "After two months of use, my doctor said there was clinical improvement. However, I noticed very little improvement. After four months, my eyes looked and felt worse. My doctor confirmed they looked worse. She contributed to me giving up on Restasis and told me to restart. (I gave it up for all of four days after experiencing more pain). I learned about Xiidra and received a prescription from another office. The pain improved in a week."

Christine (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been using Restasis for 2 years, the medicine is very effective. January 2019, I started using the multi dose bottle. The bottle is terrible, very hard to squeeze and unpredictable amount of medicine comes out after so much force applied! That is a waste of very expensive medicine! 10 days through the month, then the bottle stopped dispensing the medicine, even with extreme pressure applied. I took it to the pharmacy for replacement, they tried hard to dispense the medicine and that did not work! They said that they will contact the company to replace it. After 1 week, they said, the company will not replace it, and after so much squeezing, it works now!!!! Very disappointed. Will never renew this prescription for multi dose!!!!!"

R N (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2019

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Medication ridiculously expensive. Single vials not suitable for senior citizens with arthritic hands. Have been using for two months. Cannot tell you how much medication has been lost. Still need to use Thera tears. After this medication is finished. Will not renew."

Sur (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I like the product but the dropper has to be changed. You waste product when finally the drops come out. Horrible!"

Beagle (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2019

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have my first bottle of multi dose Restasis. The design of the bottle is awful. The drops don't come out one at a time. Usually I get two. Also the bottle is too soft so you have to squeeze it so much to get the Restasis out. Give me the vials any day. I hope the bottle can be redesigned soon, there is a lot of waste of prescription, and it is very costly. Very unhappy."

Evie (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 3, 2019

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Restasis single use vials help my dry eyes. I’ve been using the single use vials for a few years now. They do tend to make my eyes burn about half the time, but they still help. My complaint and low rating is because of the multi dose bottles they’re switching to. The bottle is terrible. It takes forever to get a drop, which is extremely hard on dry eyes. Then, you don’t get just one drop. You get 2 or 3. Since they’re apparently conserving money, even one drop extra means you’ll run out of prescription before you should. This bottle needs a makeover. It also needs extra liquid. No one can get just one drop each time and make certain that one drop hits their eye as it should!"

JP (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Bottle is awful. Waste a lot. Poor design. Why is it so expensive for Seniors?"

Mh (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Used single use vials of Restasis for years and was switched to multidose bottles 7 months ago. Terrible design for the new multidose option. The drops take a long time to dispense the one drop per eye but got used to it. However the last two bottles didn't dispense the drops correctly at all. After waiting and waiting for the drops to dispense, several would come out at once. I went through 2 bottles in 4 weeks and now have to make do with over the counter drops until it's time for my next refill. Will now have to go back to single use vials and pay way too much because of this ridiculous design/flaw in the product."

Mel (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "There’s a learning curve to using the bottle. It was infuriating for the first couple weeks having $5 bills running down my cheek and only getting 26 days out of the bottle. But if you take your time it does work well and a month is not a problem. This is only month two and the relief I’m getting is absolutely, amazingly WONDERFUL!"

Learning (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The Restasis multi dose bottles are IMPOSSIBLE!!! What does it take to make Allergan construct a bottle that works as they claim? Not only is the bottle defective but the product is price prohibitive for most seniors (assume they make up most of the consumers) and the so-called “month” supply was 23 days for my first month, I’m just half way through my second bottle. It is causing me great anxiety that is only increasing after each use...or should I say attempt!!!"

V (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I am very unhappy with the multi-dispensing bottle. I did not know you can choose the vials. I am getting arthritis in my hands and I would swear my thumb would sprain before a drop comes out! I also use Fresh Kote and it now comes in the same type bottle, but is very easy to use. I was completely shocked when I picked up my 4th refill and it was the single vials. Yeah! However, this isn't doing much to make more tears. Xiidra was much more effective, but my insurance wouldn't cover it."

Sore thumb December 4, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The new bottles of Restasis is a disaster. I agree with the other critics that it doesn’t work. I’m beginning to get long term pain in my thumb from trying to make it work correctly. This dosage method and the new higher price are shameful. I think I should get in touch with the food and drug administration about this."

Vic November 26, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease: "I used to be on the single dose vial but my doctor prescribed me the multidose this time. It is ridiculous, if it didn't cost toooo much, I would have thrown this bottle long time ago. Took me forever to get 1 drop. Can you please improve the packaging? Why did you make it soooo hard to get a drop out of the bottle?"

Chie (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I first used mult-dose bottles then switched to vials. Vials are MUCH better. I get 2+ days from 1 vial (after opening, stored upright in frigde in a narrow capped pill bottle). Previously, for several months, I had a ghost image about 1 o'clock above the normal image in both eyes. The combination of Restasis PLUS Refresh PM ointment in each eye before bed quickly cleared up the ghost image problem. My ophthalmologist said the dry eyes had caused a scar due to eyes not being fully closed during sleep--hence the need for a lubricating ointment."

Dryeyes2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I agree with all of the negative comments. Did they forget to have people test it? Currently I am using ointment every night. I put it on so thick I can only see shapes and colors. I had used Restasis for ten years and stopped due to price. Went back to it when I had some really bad vision days and found the single bottle a very bad joke."

Fid (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was awaking during the night with severe eye pain to the point of crying at times due to the pain. I have dry eyes and occular dystrophy. I have been using the Restatis for only about 3 weeks and I see a little improvement. I don’t have to sit in a dark room with my eyes covered with a cool damp washcloth anymore all day; although I do put one on at night time. I had been experiencing nearly daily corneal abrasions. It has been several days since I had one. The medication is a necessity as I have found nothing else that helps as much. I am hoping to see continued improvement as I have been told it could take 6 months to see optimal results. As everyone said the drawback is the bottle is difficult to use since the drops take a long time to come out and there does not seem to be adequate amount. With insurance and the Allergan coupon the drops are affordable. I am very grateful for the medication. I make some tears now. And my eyes are more comfortable."

Jackie October 13, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have to have Restasis. Been using this medicine for years. Recently used the multidose bottle. It does not work properly. I can not believe this product is allowed on the market. How can allergan do this and get away with it????"

Dry Eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 10, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "A few years ago my doctor told me I needed Restasis. I really did not think I had dry eyes, as my eyes actually tear up...he said those are "Junk Tears." Never heard of such a thing but went with it. I used them for about 4 months and did not notice a change. He thought I would "see better" with them. Ha Ha. What happened towards the end of using them...my vision started to get blurry. It has gotten worse and to the point where I need to wear glasses all the time. I really think the Restasis did this. The doctor says I have the start of cataracts...really...again, I am saying it was the Restasis that did this and I am not happy. So, in my opinion, unless you really are having a dry eye issue that is causing a lot of problems, do not use this product or you may very well end up like me and have blurred vision."

Mmorans5 October 4, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been on the Restasis in vials for about 6 years. I never had any problems at all. About a week ago I received my 90 day supply and it was 3 bottles. I checked into why now bottles and the bottles are preservative-free. I started using the bottles and I agree with everyone that the bottle "STINKS" even though the product is suppose to be better for your eye. I have had no issues with my eyes when using the vials so when these bottles are finished, I will be requesting the vials (they are still available). If you are on Medicare, as I am, and in the "donut hole" this will cost about $500 a month...TOOO expensive to use and waste! This drug drove me into the donut hole. I was in the rewards program before getting on Medicare and it cost me $90 for a 3 month supply. Why can't Seniors get HELP! This is ridiculous! Users need help with this drug."

lh (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "In case anyone is wondering, the retail price of a three-month prescription of the multi-use bottles is $1800.99. With insurance and the Allergan coupon, I wound up paying $152.01 out of pocket. Does the medicine work? I'm not sure because I haven't been using it long enough. I can tell you (as others have) that the bottle is a joke. I think it was purposefully designed to waste the product. It is impossible to get one drop out at a time which means you have dollars worth of product running down your cheek. I'm sure folks at Allergan are laughing all the way to the bank. Search YouTube for Restasis and watch the old videos that tout how their product come in one-use vials because the product should be fresh every time you use it. Now they changed their story to say the single use vials are wasting plastic. I'm going to ask my doctor to prescribe the single use vials (if they still make them)."

Cleanhonda September 30, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I just wanted to add my criticism of the multidose bottles! Ridiculous!!! My first bottle ($500+) lasted only 10 days. I thought I must be doing something wrong, so I tried again and managed to get a whopping 14 days worth of expensive drops out of that bottle. I used the single-use vials before and Restasis works well for me, but it's ridiculously expensive, especially when you get 10 days worth of medicine out of the bottle."

Back Home Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I'm not sure if Restasis works well. Can't get enough from the bottle to the eye to find out. The eyes sting badly so I have to use some Systane after 30 minutes. Perhaps the Allergan (Restasis) folks could call the Alcon (Systane) folks to find out how to make a bottle for eyedrops. Will be using only Systane when when the Restasis runs out."

Terbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The good: Restasis works for me. I was forced by my insurance company to try the other dry eye RX which was approved a year or so ago. Forced meaning they stopped covering Restasis. I used the other one for 9 months. It was awful. I finally got my insurance to once again cover Restatis. Have been back on it and it is working again. The bad: The multi dose bottle does not last a full month. Either they need to put more medicine in it or fix the bottle. Sometimes it's a tiny drop that comes out and sometimes it's a huge drop. I will continue to use Restasis, but a fix on the multi dose bottle would be nice."

RodS (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have never been as frustrated trying to take medication as I have been with the Restasis Multidose bottle. What an incredibly poor design. Initially, the bottle works fine, but after a few uses, it take so long to disperse a drop that my hand cramps. So, I change hands, and the drop comes out and falls on my face and I have to start the process again. Because the medication is so expensive, and the only medication that affectively treats dry eye, the only way to afford it is by using the companies promotional card that gives you a big discount on the Multidose bottles. If didn't need this medication I would never purchase anything again from Allergan again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018