User Reviews for Cyclosporine

6.6

3 reviews
Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 4.8 83 reviews

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I feel better after reading reviews to find out others have had problems with the multi use container. I have used eye drops for many years and have NEVER had a problem with putting them in my eyes, but this bottle is so poorly designed, difficult to squeeze the drop out and it either comes out too much and is a waste or not enough or not at all. I hope I can get the single use vials which are much more sanitary too,"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was coerced into purchasing this multidose bottle. My insurance refused to pay for Xiidra until I had tried Restasis, and then the coupon was only available for the multi-dose vial. I paid over $300 out of pocket for a bottle of eyedrops which lasted me 20 days. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get in touch with customer service without any results."

Jesse (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "When I heard they had come out with a multi-dose bottle, I was thrilled, more compact, less plastic waste, etc. Then I used it. The design of this bottle is terrible. You have to squeeze so hard and wait for the drop, usually two come out at once. There is hardly enough in the bottle to last one month! Yet is cost the same as 60 single-use vials! I am paying over $ 300 per month with the $ 200 coupon from Restasis! I am going back to the single use vials. They are easier to use and I will definitely get at least one month maybe two out of it. Hopefully Allergan will consider our opinions and redesign the multidose bottle."

Paula (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I like the product. Hate the new bottle container. The drops take too long to come out, so if not careful you can easily end up losing a drop down your cheek. Unfortunately my prescription was for 3 bottles. Next time I'll be sure and specify from my dr to request the vials."

Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I've been using restasis for 15 months for dry eye. It has helped some but not as much as I had hoped. I started with the single dose for the first year. I found them very easy to use. My last 90 day script was the multidose bottle. It was very difficult to use. Hard to squeeze the drops out and often more than one drop would come out. A bottle is suppose to last for 30 days I did not even get 3 weeks from my last bottle. Very disappointing."

Lu (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I will go back to the individual vials. The multidose is VERY hard to use and there is a lot of waste as extra drops come out; guess the waste is what “they want”. Must have the bottle perfectly vertical to get a fair result, any tilt of the bottle causes the drop to go on your face versus your eye."

John (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Both my husband and I have used Restasis for years, but are extremely unhappy with the multi-dose packaging that is frustratingly difficult to use, especially for seniors. It takes a major effort to get a drop out of the hard shelled bottle and then comes out in a wasted stream that lasts far less than the entire month. We are going to complain to our opthamologist and have them find us a different, more user-friendly product. Restasis needs to discontinue this bottling and go back to the single-dosage."

Chrissy March 27, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "The multidose version works great for me: hold the bottle in front of you and apply pressure until you see the beginning of a drop appear, then apply to each eye. I got well more than a month's worth out of each bottle. Vision is now clear after reading for an extended time (unlike with Xiidra)."

SteveO (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "This new multi use dropper bottle is the worst designed eye drop dispenser I have ever had to use. I consider myself pretty adept at instilling eye drops in my own eyes but this bottle makes it nearly impossible! I stare at the ceiling for a good 20-30 seconds waiting for the first drop to come out and then at least 2 come out at once. This stuff is far too expensive to waste dripping down your cheeks. I am now begging my doctor to prescribe the single use vials again for me. I'll stop using this medication if I have to keep using this bottle."

staring at the ceiling (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "After 2 weeks of taking the single vial medicine for the first time in 2 years my eyes do not hurt. I was so frustrated from the constant night and day pain I didn't think it was going to end. Today is the first day the sun didn't bother me, wind and I didn't rush to find eye drops and insert them every 5 minutes. I have not had to use eye drops today except restasis. Thank goodness. Maybe I can wear makeup again "

Bran (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I got very severe dry eyes 2 yrs after my cataract operations. I used OTC moisturizing drops for 2 yrs before I decided to give Restasis a try out of desperation. I had read the reviews & most of them were negative. However, as I said I was desperate & was hoping for the best when I decided to try Restasis. The choice was easier for me than others because the Restasis wasn't going to cost me very much to experiment. Long story short. I took the stuff for 6 months straight taking it twice a day & there was not even a slight bit of relief. I saw my Doc at the 6 month mark & he told me to stop taking it since it wasn't doing any good. Guess all the reviews were right. I'm waiting for the VA to adopt Xiidra as a dry eye medication. I'm thinking that this will help me since this was developed for dry eyes while Restasis is not."

Thechindude (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "First of all calling this a disease is wrong! It is a condition that has many different causes! My happens to be age. While I thought the Rx worked better that any of the OTC eye drops, I STILL need the SYSTANE Gel when I go to bed. I put the drops in about half hour before bed and 10 minutes after I close my eyes, my eyes feel dryer than they had ALL DAY. I then need to add the gel and sleep through the night. I have no problems all day long."

maryann (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Multi drop plastic bottle is horrible to use. Wasting more than one drop trying to squeeze 1 drop out. May go to another brand"

Debrah March 13, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Please do something about the new squeeze bottle. It collapses when you squeeze and stays that way. It is almost impossible to get a drop out. At least the vials worked which I have been on for a few years. This is my second bottle and is works same as first - really poorly"

bfj March 7, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Restasis is a great product that I have been successfully using for years. However, this month I was given the multidose bottle, which is so bad that is it enough to make me discontinue Restasis. I have worked in ophthalmology for over 15 years, so I am very proficient at instilling eyedrops. This bottle is as hard as a rock and after squeezing with all your might to get it to work, a stream of drops comes out and 1/4 of the bottle is gone. Absolutely terrible design."

Jill (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have to agree with the other reviewers that the multidose does NOT last 30 days. My recent bottle lasted 23 1/2 days. I do not have a problem with squeezing the bottle, nor do I flood my eyes with the drops. This is the 2nd bottle that did not last the full 30 days. For my next RX, I will be going back to single dose vials. My ophthalmologist said the company may discontinue the single vials in the future."

Jds (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "**Excellent medication, terrible dispenser** I love Restasis and have been using it for 2+years. I absolutely hate the multidose bottle. PLEASE CHANGE IT!! I'm not a weakling and I barely have the strength to squeeze it enough to get one drop out. Sometimes it bubbles and foams when it comes out and I feel like I've only gotten a slight dribble of the medicine in my eye, rather than a full drop. PLEASE CHANGE THIS DISPENSER. It is awful. 100% awful."

JulieNY (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used the individual vials for years and was completely satisified. My dr. didn't specify vials this time and I didn't know the multi-dose bottles existed so my mail order pharmacy sent the multi-dose bottles instead. The multi-dose bottle is horrible. I have to squeeze so hard it cramps my hand. It takes forever for something to come out and then it's always more than one drop. There is no way one bottle lasts 30 days when half is wasted dripping on your face. I will definitely be telling my dr. to write "individual vials only" on my next prescription."

LB (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "Because of my arthritis, I find the multi dose vial very hard to use. I have to squeeze so hard to get a drop in my eye. Also, frequently two drops come out. It's an expensive med. so I hate wasting any of it. I had no problems with the single dose vial. I'm thinking of asking my doctor for an alternative med."

Rosie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 25, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been using Restasis for several years. I loved the single dose prescription. It worked and I had enough. The new "multi - dose" bottles do not last 30 days. I started a new bottle on Feb 1 and today is Feb 21 and it is empty. I am now trying to just use the prescription one time a day and supplementing with OTC drops. I am not disabled and read all the directions several times. I just can't get the bottles to last 30 days. I end up going without."

30 days does not exist (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "multi dose bottle does not have a 30 day supply in it"

dan101! (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I like restasis a lot, I saw real very good improvement over 6 Month period. Till that time I was using single vials. But now my refill prescription was for multi dose and they gave me 3 bottles instead single vials and its really frustrating as most of the time I have to apply by myself and that bottle is really weird to use. I can't use by myself. I am literally just wasting my multiple drops and not to mention that its pretty expensive even after my insurance coverage. I hope they bring back single vials again."

Rumana T February 7, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I don't have any experience with the single-use vials so I have no basis for comparison as others do, but I concur 100% that the multi-dose bottle has a serious design flaw that makes using this prescribed medication an exercise in utter frustration. It's a disaster. It simply doesn't work right, so I'm not even sure that I'm properly administering this medication. I'm about to give up. I think I'll follow the decision of another user on this site to seek redress through the company. Allergan need to know that this bottle design is an engineering flub. Somebody ought to be demoted (if not fired)."

pumpernickel (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I've used Restasis in the multi-vials for over a year and saw huge improvements in my eye comfort and vision. I rate that product a 10! Then my doctor prescribed the Restasis Multidose version. It is awful. I've used a bottle (30 days worth) in 15 days. I can never tell if it's coming out. Then when you get to the bottom of the bottle you have to squish it like a dish detergent bottle. Total FAIL! I am out lots of money now."

SG2921 January 23, 2018

Restasis (cyclosporine) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been using this product for years- the new multi use bottle is not working for me. First getting the child-proof cap off was silly. Second I can't get the drug out and end up wearing most of it. If I can't get the little bottles again I will look for another solution. This new bottle isn't working for me."

T.D. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2018