User Reviews for Azo-Cranberry to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Azo-Cranberry has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection. 33% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 53% reported a negative experience.

Azo-Cranberry rating summary

4.5/10 average rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Azo-Cranberry

Q Girl · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 18, 2020

"While Azo-Cranberry is good for preventing UTI's, I am concerned about the side effects. I had been taking Azo daily for two years and experiencing dizziness, foggy brain, nerve pain, headaches, tinnitus, and of course extreme tiredness. I thought at first it was just part of menopause but finally went to the doctor, then neurologist with no relief or suggestions as to why I felt so bad. I finally stopped taking Azo and within a week I felt so much better. So no more Azo Cranberry for me. Some one needs to warn women about these side effects!"

KaraM. · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 29, 2018

"The first time I ever took this I did not expect any side effects whatsoever from all the reading I did about it. So I was really surprised when I felt incredible fatigue the whole rest of the day along with terrible muscle pain throughout. A few days later I tried it again and the same thing happened. Now, after two months I tried it again and the same exact side effects. I can't find anyone else on the Internet that has mentioned this overwhelming fatigue and pain side effect of this AZO cranberry. I am not sure why it happened but I now believe that it's because of it. Hope this helps someone who is looking for the same thing I was."

So sad · Taken for less than 1 month · May 22, 2020

"I brought these Azo-cranberry to help prevent UTI but after two days of taking them I started to have headache and dizzy spells and feeling unwell. Stopped them and it cleared up. Tried them a week later and the very same thing. I take no other medications. Sad because I was truly excited about taking them. Hope this helps some one else."

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month · February 26, 2021

"I started taking Azo hoping to keep my UTI's at a minimal. I have had upper abdominal pain, pain in my back on both sides and burning when I urinate. I thought I had a UTI and went to the doctor. No UTI. I have stopped taking this after reading the side effects. Pills went into garbage."

the girl · Taken for less than 1 month · February 4, 2021

"I took two of these when I could feel the first twinges of a UTI and within 20 minutes, I had a headache, tiredness, muscle and joint aches, and a sore throat. I had been completely fine all day before this. I will not be using AZO products anymore, as I think I may be allergic to something in them."

angelfish0443 · June 3, 2020

"I began taking this while having a very bad UTI and was taking to prevent UTI's; however, after reading the comments about reactions, I am stopping immediately. I thought the extreme fatigue, dizziness, headaches, gastro problems and muscle pain were maybe carry-overs from the three UTI's I had in a row since I don't normally have these problems I have listed on a recurring basis. I have many medical problems but not these which are happening very often. I also began staying awake all night and when I take my BP it will be 200+/100+ so I take another BP pill and am able to sleep. I don't know whether this could be related as I didn't see anyone mention it."

PAIN IN BACK · Taken for less than 1 month · December 1, 2020

"I had been having a dull pain on my right side of my back. Severe nausea, dizziness, sore throat, bad taste in mouth, confusion, foggy thinking and anxiety. Well after 5 days of suffering I got a COVID TEST which it came back NEGATIVE! So I don't have insurance therefore I prayed and instantly I thought about a UTI, I keep AZO pills on hand and took them immediately cause I was hurting real bad and in less that 10 minutes all that pain subsided! Glory to God...they worked a miracle!!! Still see a doctor though....BUT THEY REALLY WORK!!"

ShayShay · September 29, 2020

"Taking AZO it did help with my urinary pain, But No it does not cure the bacteria that causes the pain. So I decided to see my doctor. The two dosage pill made me feel comfortable after taking it. I personally had no side effects, No fatigue, dizziness, nor nausea."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 22, 2021

"I was having issues with UTIs, I started taking azo cranberry. They are the best thing that has helped prevent me from getting any more UTIs. I take them at night, they make me a little sleepy. But it is helps me relax and I feel great in the morning. thank God for these!"

Sharon · January 16, 2022

"I get frequent UTI’s, my doctor recommended this after my last UTI was cleared up with antibiotics. I take 2 azo cranberry gel caps per day, and 1000mg of a chewable (Nature Made Vit C tab). So far, I feel great! Keeps UTIs from coming back, and drink plenty of water!!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 28, 2014

"I'm plagued by frequent UTI's and at the first twinge I take two of these and many times it staves off the infection!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 9, 2020

"Taking 2 pills at a time I have now realized it causes serious acidic issues in my throat and esophagus. I am going to try taking one to see if this solves the problem."

EAGEL · September 18, 2019

"The only thing that the Azo-Cranberry has done for me is giving me diarrhea for days!!! I do not recommend this of you have it throw it away. It's not worth trying."

Ashley · Taken for less than 1 month · November 26, 2021

"Honestly I don’t know if it’s the pills but I’ve been having diarrhea, vomiting, and headaches."

Victoria · Taken for less than 1 month · January 18, 2022

"I have been taking AZO cranberry for about 2 weeks. I started itching all over . I have had non stop itching and hives since using this product. Today after taking it I broke out into hives."

More about Azo-Cranberry (cranberry)

Patient resources