User Reviews for Azo-Cranberry to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Azo-Cranberry has an average rating of 3.8 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection. 27% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 64% reported a negative effect.

Azo-Cranberry Rating Summary

3.8/10 average rating

Compare all 291 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Azo-Cranberry

Q Girl · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2020

“While Azo-Cranberry is good for preventing UTI's, I am concerned about the side effects. I had been taking Azo daily for two years and experiencing dizziness, foggy brain, nerve pain, headaches, tinnitus, and of course extreme tiredness. I thought at first it was just part of menopause but finally went to the doctor, then neurologist with no relief or suggestions as to why I felt so bad. I finally stopped taking Azo and within a week I felt so much better. So no more Azo Cranberry for me. Some one needs to warn women about these side effects!”

KaraM. · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2018

“The first time I ever took this I did not expect any side effects whatsoever from all the reading I did about it. So I was really surprised when I felt incredible fatigue the whole rest of the day along with terrible muscle pain throughout. A few days later I tried it again and the same thing happened. Now, after two months I tried it again and the same exact side effects. I can't find anyone else on the Internet that has mentioned this overwhelming fatigue and pain side effect of this AZO cranberry. I am not sure why it happened but I now believe that it's because of it. Hope this helps someone who is looking for the same thing I was.”

angelfish0443 June 3, 2020

“I began taking this while having a very bad UTI and was taking to prevent UTI's; however, after reading the comments about reactions, I am stopping immediately. I thought the extreme fatigue, dizziness, headaches, gastro problems and muscle pain were maybe carry-overs from the three UTI's I had in a row since I don't normally have these problems I have listed on a recurring basis. I have many medical problems but not these which are happening very often. I also began staying awake all night and when I take my BP it will be 200+/100+ so I take another BP pill and am able to sleep. I don't know whether this could be related as I didn't see anyone mention it.”

So sad · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

“I brought these Azo-cranberry to help prevent UTI but after two days of taking them I started to have headache and dizzy spells and feeling unwell. Stopped them and it cleared up. Tried them a week later and the very same thing. I take no other medications. Sad because I was truly excited about taking them. Hope this helps some one else.”

PAIN IN BACK · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2020

“I had been having a dull pain on my right side of my back. Severe nausea, dizziness, sore throat, bad taste in mouth, confusion, foggy thinking and anxiety. Well after 5 days of suffering I got a COVID TEST which it came back NEGATIVE! So I don't have insurance therefore I prayed and instantly I thought about a UTI, I keep AZO pills on hand and took them immediately cause I was hurting real bad and in less that 10 minutes all that pain subsided! Glory to God...they worked a miracle!!! Still see a doctor though....BUT THEY REALLY WORK!!”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2021

“I started taking Azo hoping to keep my UTI's at a minimal. I have had upper abdominal pain, pain in my back on both sides and burning when I urinate. I thought I had a UTI and went to the doctor. No UTI. I have stopped taking this after reading the side effects. Pills went into garbage.”

ShayShay September 29, 2020

“Taking AZO it did help with my urinary pain, But No it does not cure the bacteria that causes the pain. So I decided to see my doctor. The two dosage pill made me feel comfortable after taking it. I personally had no side effects, No fatigue, dizziness, nor nausea.”

the girl · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2021

“I took two of these when I could feel the first twinges of a UTI and within 20 minutes, I had a headache, tiredness, muscle and joint aches, and a sore throat. I had been completely fine all day before this. I will not be using AZO products anymore, as I think I may be allergic to something in them.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2014

“I'm plagued by frequent UTI's and at the first twinge I take two of these and many times it staves off the infection!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2020

“Taking 2 pills at a time I have now realized it causes serious acidic issues in my throat and esophagus. I am going to try taking one to see if this solves the problem.”

EAGEL September 18, 2019

“The only thing that the Azo-Cranberry has done for me is giving me diarrhea for days!!! I do not recommend this of you have it throw it away. It's not worth trying.”

More about Azo-Cranberry (cranberry)

Other brands