User Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

Also known as: Eze DS, Lorzone, Paraflex, Parafon Forte DSC, Relaxazone, Remular, Remular-S, Strifon Fort

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Chlorzoxazone.

Chlorzoxazone Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Chlorzoxazone to treat Muscle Spasm

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I was prescribed Lorzone and was given a sample by my doctor. I took medicine around 6 PM went to bed at 11. Woke up at 1 pm with a condition very similar to getting a piece of food stuck in esophagus. I could breathe, but was unable to swallow. My saliva became thick and foamy and had to spit it into a cup. Had my wife take me to Emergency room. Had an endoscopy which when I woke up I was fine."

Marc E. (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking this since initially hurting back in car accident 10 years ago, am now a senior citizen. Sometimes works as well as vicodin pain pill. I love this product. Stops the back and leg muscle spasms. Hard to live without this product. Little to no side effects. I take it in morning and at bedtime to prevent muscle spasms- it works for me Besides bulged l4 and L5 discs in lower back, I have sciatica on right side, also ddd, arthritis, restless leg syndrome(I take gabapentin for latter) I tried flexeril, which made me feel like puking and drowsy. when I changed Drs no thanks Soma was too strong, could not function, slurred my words, could not walk, stand Seriously stopped the muscle spams in back, sides and legs My insurance with Wellcare/Staywel"

Always Happy (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I ALMOST DIED FROM LORZONE!!! Who ever took samples to a Pain Doctor's office knowing it can KILL you if you take other pain medicines with this KILL. I was not told this, I was just told to take two 750mg tablets a day. I swelled up in the face, hands and legs. I became so sick I had dark urine and could not eat as all I could do was throw up and have coffee ground diarrhea. I WAS GIVEN SAMPLES FROM A PAIN DOCTOR! No information was on the boxes! Before you take this make sure it goes with all your medicines you are on or you could DIE! (check your drug interactions) I MAY NEVER BE THE SAME. Who ever gave those samples to a pain Doctor's office they are trying to kill people!! I can not tell you how many days I took the samples as I lost my MEMORY! I called the company they are to blame for this in my book!"

Kaiyasummers19 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Today was my first day trying the drug....I got a headache, stomach ache and 0 pain relief, darn it! Was trying you get off Robaxin which works great except I am losing a lot of my hair from it. Both of these drugs have a high percentage if you are over 60, darn it again!"

Strobelight (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

"useless"

sunnysideup2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "This is far superior to hydromorphone for controlling muscle spasticity."

Kjersti December 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I had had a full shoulder repair done about 9 days to go they stuck me on this and when I first started taking it the side effects were a little crazy but after the initial 24 hours of taking it it works absolutely amazing I'm able to sleep. When I first started taking it at the doctor had recommended I take the whole pill 750 milligrams which I did knock me out so I can sleep in it was right after surgery and now I'm down to a third of the pill and it still works the same way it's an amazing muscle relaxer and I would recommend it to anybody. Some people may say that's not long enough on the medication to know whether or not it truly works but I'm telling you after a full shoulder repair it works just fine at work how it's supposed to."

Fancieface37 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am being weened off Vicodin ( for RA joint stiffness and pain) by my "pain doctor" because I consume alcohol and it shows in my urine sample.So now I am not allowed my 10 year perfect solution for my RA/osteoarthritis joint pain with my 7.5/325 tablets prescribed 3x/day.I take one at 5:30 am before I walk 4.5 miles 6 days a week-it's like oiling my my joints.I often don't take the others during the day.BUT I know I have them for backup.So, he prescribed this chlorzoxazone at 500mg.The first morning I took it, after my walk I had to sit down and couldn't get up for 4 hours;I was confused,like a zombie,and wasn't normal 'til 5pm.The healthcare system is wrong, and I am another victim."

Gotchakatya November 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I suffer from degenerative arthritus, bulging n herniated discs as well as severe muscle spasms. Just took my first dose of this at 1500mg 3x a day. There is no sleepy feeling and finally i have a little relief. Before Lorzone i was on a strong muscle relaxer that didnt' do much. Even with my norco's and nucynta i was in extreme pain n could barely breathe. After this first dose of lorzone i can breathe without the extreme pain. I still have pain in my spine n thorasic area but its more tolerable than before. I hope this continue's to keep the severe pain away. I am on medicare and disability so i hope when the samples are over, the cost of the script isnt to high. I have high expectations of this med, praying it works out good."

LovelyBlondie (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone): "No relief at all for my back pain."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Suffered severe liver problems. Almost hospitalized for liver failure. Once taken off, liver functions returned to normal in 4-6 weeks. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Mikey R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It gave me the shits,and I was so weak I could Hardy walk to the back of supermarket."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Lorzone recently by a pain specialist when I explained that all other muscle relaxants I have previously used were too sedating. I was pleased to find that though it is a 'new' medication (presumably repatented, since Paraflex was around since the 1990's), my insurance covered its generic form, Chlorzoxazone. In my experience, this is not a medication that is going to alter your mental state or give a drowsy effect; I do notice significantly reduced muscle spasm activity when taking it and none of the negative effects so common with other medications of its class. It does exactly what is expected and no unwanted side effects for me."

GhettoPharmacologist May 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I've tried almost every muscle relaxer out on the market, nothing worked as well as Lorzone! Its been a Godsend for me. I have multiple chronic spinal issues, some that cause severe muscle spasms. Lorzone has made my life more bearable. It may take about a week when you first start to actually work on your spasms, then continue as directed and you'll notice a difference in the amount, and severity of spasms. I've also noticed within a week or two of stopping Lorzone the spasms return. :( Unfortunately I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. My insurance only pays a very small part of cost, I use the coupon that lorzone provides, ask your doctor for it, its on the box of samples they get from the company."

Mikiansmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Was givien these by my doctor due to back spasms and pain. I have been on steroids and flex prior but didnt work. These work amazing. Not only did my back and right leg stop the spasms, I had no more pain. I have not taking anything but these and am amazed so far. And I only take one a day."

Dad16154 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Rx Lorzone 750mg, bid. Took for 2 days, unable to tolerate. Caused vomiting,dizziness, felt like limbs coated in cement. It worked great on spasms. Headache and other side effects not worth taking drug. Will stop and tell my doctor."

1Cnsrvwm March 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Was taken off Flexeril and prescribed Lorzone. Took 1/3 of one pill, two hours later I didn't feel right. Pain in back, hard to take a deep breath, eyes dilated, face tingled and lips swelled! Severe reaction required hospitalization. Be careful."

Just 17 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Medicine worked ok, but had to stop using because it caused serious liver problems. The benefits definitely DID NOT outweigh the risk."

Donna2007 October 21, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "This medication just about killed me! Numerous side effects, head foggy, vision blurry, loud audio, tongue and throat swollen, rapid heartbeat with tightening chest! Then tingling in the feet and I blacked out! Happened numerous times all in this cycle. Ambulance ride to the E.R. then ICU! Stay away from this!"

BULLDOG32210 October 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 35 yr old female. Fibromyalgia diagnosis was in October 2013 after 1-2 years of unexplainable symptoms. Just recently woke up with a kink in my (right sided) neck, mid back, shoulder, pectoral, bicep and entire arm/arm pit pain, cramps, spasms. 6 days after it started I went to the ER and was diagnosed with tortecollis. ER doc gave me a shot of Norflex and Toridol. He sent me home with scripts for flexeril and voltaren. I saw my doctors nurse practitioner the next day & she told me to stop the voltaren and started me on a medrol dose pack and told me to continue taking flexeril. The flexeril didn't relieve any pain. Later in the week I called the NP again & was told to quit flexeril & start 500 MG paragon forte. SURPRISE no relief"

trinamolena (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking the generic form of Parafon Forte 500 mg since 1997 for my back, neck & leg spasms due to fibromyalgia, sciatica and neuropathy. It was not the first, second or even the fifth muscle relaxant I tried. None of the sodas, flexerils or amytripline, or NSAID type meds made much difference. So I did some online research and found this med to be the strongest muscle relaxer (as of '97 at least). I asked my pain management doc for this med.I am still using it 18 years later. This is not a new medication"

Annie369 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I just got a sample pack of Lorzone along with a prescription for it. I took it just a little bit ago and while sitting there with my neck, back and legs cramping, all of a sudden, it was like a sort of rush came over me and a lot of the cramping and spasms just went away. Pretty awesome! I hope it continues to be this effective. I have a connective tissue disorder along with a long list of issues that stem from that. The only thing is, my doctor said its very expensive. I'm on medicare and disability. When I just dropped off the script, they said they have to get a pre-auth so insurance will cover it but I'm not sure how high my co-pay will be. I hope its not too much so I can continue taking this!"

Kadie Ann (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Increasing sciatica over 4 years; told by PT "don't climb hills". Aggravated w/ physical demands of moving to new place. More recent injury from a clumsy fall and subsequent hip surgery x2. Unclear where one starts/ends, etc but have classic sciatica now. Remedial ice, rest, stretching, gentle rebounding all help temporarily. Valium is hit/miss. Lorzone is a bullseye. MRI shows "typical lumbar changes" for 65 y/o with years of physical stressors compounded by unmindful posture in the name of "getting the job done". I hope this pill is as good long term as short term. Just picked up new script for it after using up freebee from MD."

NurseNan2 April 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Lorzone really helps with the muscle spams and pain; however, it KILLS my stomach even when taken with food and a stomach protection med."

ddbslp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone): "I have severe muscle spasms and muscle pain due to spinal conditions and neuropathy. This medication has given me more releif than I have had in a very long time. I do get headaches sometimes when I take it. Well worth the releif it gives."

DeeDee7681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015