User Reviews for Chlorzoxazone to treat Muscle Spasm

Also known as: Lorzone, Eze DS

Chlorzoxazone has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 55 ratings for the treatment of Muscle Spasm. 58% of those users who reviewed Chlorzoxazone reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Chlorzoxazone Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

31% 17
4% 2
22% 12

Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

Varicuss · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

“Cramps and Spasms related to bulging spinal disc. Exceedingly painful. Flexoril did not help. Parafon Forte was able to reduce the frequency and intensity of my spasms, allowing me to rest more than with another medication or no medication at all. Additionally it stopped my appetite and I lost 10 pounds while taking this med.”

Duuuval · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2019

“Like everyone else I was on Soma for my muscle spasm and pain then my doctor said he couldn’t prescribe me Soma anymore which I thought was the craziest thing ever! Now reading this I see why but it’s not an opioid and the ONLY muscle relaxer so far that has helped and worked for me! These chlorzoxazone 500 mg are such garbage trash! Took 1 waited 2 hours nothing happened - I was in so much pain and.....NOTHING! I will be trying a 4th muscle relaxer now all because they can’t prescribe the one drug that actually worked and helped! Why is this even happening. I am beyond frustrated, so annoyed and in terrible pain”

vm · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2019

“The chlorzoxazone has been incredible for my muscle spasm after being unable to tolerate cyclobenzaprine (it completely knocked me out and left me feeling groggy and dizzy the next day). My chronic neck pain really relaxes after taking one of the 500mg pills (the 750 was too strong for me, I'm a 120lb female). HOWEVER, from my experience only- do not take these pills on an empty stomach. If I do, I get extremely dizzy and my eyes feel like they aren't working right. As long as I have eaten recently I tolerate these fine, and feel much better. I am no longer limited to taking muscle relaxers right before I go to bed when I don't have an early morning”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

“Since the CDC has influenced states & federal agencies, I was taken off my Soma. My opioid dosage was reduced by 1/3. The Dr told me they can’t prescribe soma & extremely lower pain meds. The muscle spasms with RSD/CRPS are unbearable at night. This was the 3rd muscle relaxer I’ve tried. I was so hopeful. Until my lower lip started swelling on left side only. Rash bumps were there; However, I get them with RSD/CRPS. Yeah, I had the stomach issues get worse while on this. It , too, wasn’t a red flag as I also have gastroparesis. Day 2 of swelling, swelling expanded to upper lip & under right eye. Just guessed it was allergic reaction and went for Benadryl. Still swollen, just not as severe. Please reconsider this dangerous medication! Oh how I wish the govt weren’t making my doctors, puppets. Unable to think for themselves & do their job as only they went for the education. I’m being tortured by having to try all these different meds. Miserable”

AC/DC · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

“Took 1st dose and within 30 minutes spasms and a lot of my pain was gone, I am excited to see if this medicine will be better than expected. I had a side effect of hot flash from neck up.”

Chip February 26, 2019

“I have or had severe pain in my right leg very high up in my hip I’ve had it for the last couple of days and I was in real pain! The doctor prescribed me this for 750 mg… I mean real severe pain I took the medication and fell sleep… I woke up and the pain was gone… oh just to let you know I was also taking naproxen as well… When I woke up I can’t believe it the pain is gone… I don’t know if it’s The naproxen Or both but I feel fine now… My pain was similar to a bad pulled muscle the doctor wouldn’t sure what it was but now no pain maybe a little light headedness I can’t believe the pain is gone with no opioids ”

still hurting · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

“Doctor prescribed 500 mg. 3X/day for severe sciatica pain and muscle spasms. I could tell no difference in pain level or muscle spasms. I then looked it up on the internet and found that the NIH says it is only a "fair" muscle relaxer and elsewhere that there is a study that was done on people after back surgery that showed it to be entirely ineffective for their pain. I am glad it has obviously helped many people, but it did nothing for me and has the rare side effect of liver damage or destruction.”

LeeLee · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2018

“WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, HALLELUJAH! Lupus, 4ACDF Fusions in Cervical Spine. Since January 2003, I have cried and cried due to the muscle spasms on the RT side of spine that never ever RELAXES! I have taken every muscle relaxer there is with no avail. Finally my pain management Dr. Called this in for me, ANSWERED PRAYERS! I TAKE 2 (250mg) x4 per day. My very first dose I could actually feel like the muscles were melting away! Unbelievable!!! After suffering all these years something actually worked for me! No side effects and definitely no drowsiness! My prayers have been answered.”

Peabody · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2018

“I had rampant itching from the neck up. The insides of my nostrils and ears especially. This experience was so irritating and that I did not notice muscle relaxing effects, if any.”

tbear April 20, 2018

“I have had problems with opiates in the past - I have severe scoliosis with constant spasms in my QL muscle. Now I take 800mg of MOTRIN 3x day and 750 of parafon 3x A DAY. I Can't believe how much it has helped - in addition to PT and weight training!!!”

Ouch · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2018

“I've been given this three times a day , it's helping with my back and left leg, I have some pelvic injury , it's better than nothing and I'm happy with that.”

Dr.Ali · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2018

“Excellent results. I found my shoulder pain which was persistent for 3 to 4 months and rest of the muscle pain in the body disappear in just 3 doses of 250MG. ”

C1119 February 2, 2018

“My doc put me on this 500mg 2 daily took my first one feel like I am getting a sore throat am not able to sleep, muscle spasms still regularly. I don't understand to the new laws. I was on Soma's which worked great but to now if you are or have been on a Benz u can't have Soma's. The doc has quit writing that med. I've been on 20 different meds for spasms now they took the only thing that worked and gave me this which, by the way, my insurance company doesn't cover. Now I have to pay out of pocket for something that I .think is garbage”

Marc E. · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2017

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): “I was prescribed Lorzone and was given a sample by my doctor. I took medicine around 6 PM went to bed at 11. Woke up at 1 pm with a condition very similar to getting a piece of food stuck in esophagus. I could breathe, but was unable to swallow. My saliva became thick and foamy and had to spit it into a cup. Had my wife take me to Emergency room. Had an endoscopy which when I woke up I was fine.”

Always Happy · Taken for 10 years or more May 30, 2017

“Been taking this since initially hurting back in car accident 10 years ago, am now a senior citizen. Sometimes works as well as vicodin pain pill. I love this product. Stops the back and leg muscle spasms. Hard to live without this product. Little to no side effects. I take it in morning and at bedtime to prevent muscle spasms- it works for me Besides bulged l4 and L5 discs in lower back, I have sciatica on right side, also ddd, arthritis, restless leg syndrome(I take gabapentin for latter) I tried flexeril, which made me feel like puking and drowsy. when I changed Drs no thanks Soma was too strong, could not function, slurred my words, could not walk, stand Seriously stopped the muscle spams in back, sides and legs My insurance with Wellcare/Staywel”

Kaiyasummers19 · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2017

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): “I ALMOST DIED FROM LORZONE!!! Who ever took samples to a Pain Doctor's office knowing it can KILL you if you take other pain medicines with this KILL. I was not told this, I was just told to take two 750mg tablets a day. I swelled up in the face, hands and legs. I became so sick I had dark urine and could not eat as all I could do was throw up and have coffee ground diarrhea. I WAS GIVEN SAMPLES FROM A PAIN DOCTOR! No information was on the boxes! Before you take this make sure it goes with all your medicines you are on or you could DIE! (check your drug interactions) I MAY NEVER BE THE SAME. Who ever gave those samples to a pain Doctor's office they are trying to kill people!! I can not tell you how many days I took the samples as I lost my MEMORY! I called the company they are to blame for this in my book!”

Strobelight · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2017

“Today was my first day trying the drug....I got a headache, stomach ache and 0 pain relief, darn it! Was trying you get off Robaxin which works great except I am losing a lot of my hair from it. Both of these drugs have a high percentage if you are over 60, darn it again!”

sunnysideup2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2017

“useless”

Kjersti December 19, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): “This is far superior to hydromorphone for controlling muscle spasticity.”

Fancieface37 · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): “I had had a full shoulder repair done about 9 days to go they stuck me on this and when I first started taking it the side effects were a little crazy but after the initial 24 hours of taking it it works absolutely amazing I'm able to sleep. When I first started taking it at the doctor had recommended I take the whole pill 750 milligrams which I did knock me out so I can sleep in it was right after surgery and now I'm down to a third of the pill and it still works the same way it's an amazing muscle relaxer and I would recommend it to anybody. Some people may say that's not long enough on the medication to know whether or not it truly works but I'm telling you after a full shoulder repair it works just fine at work how it's supposed to.”

Gotchakatya November 25, 2016

“I am being weened off Vicodin ( for RA joint stiffness and pain) by my "pain doctor" because I consume alcohol and it shows in my urine sample.So now I am not allowed my 10 year perfect solution for my RA/osteoarthritis joint pain with my 7.5/325 tablets prescribed 3x/day.I take one at 5:30 am before I walk 4.5 miles 6 days a week-it's like oiling my my joints.I often don't take the others during the day.BUT I know I have them for backup.So, he prescribed this chlorzoxazone at 500mg.The first morning I took it, after my walk I had to sit down and couldn't get up for 4 hours;I was confused,like a zombie,and wasn't normal 'til 5pm.The healthcare system is wrong, and I am another victim.”

LovelyBlondie · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): “I suffer from degenerative arthritus, bulging n herniated discs as well as severe muscle spasms. Just took my first dose of this at 1500mg 3x a day. There is no sleepy feeling and finally i have a little relief. Before Lorzone i was on a strong muscle relaxer that didnt' do much. Even with my norco's and nucynta i was in extreme pain n could barely breathe. After this first dose of lorzone i can breathe without the extreme pain. I still have pain in my spine n thorasic area but its more tolerable than before. I hope this continue's to keep the severe pain away. I am on medicare and disability so i hope when the samples are over, the cost of the script isnt to high. I have high expectations of this med, praying it works out good.”

Anonymous July 18, 2016

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone): “No relief at all for my back pain.”

Mikey R · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 13, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): “Suffered severe liver problems. Almost hospitalized for liver failure. Once taken off, liver functions returned to normal in 4-6 weeks. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2016

“It gave me the shits,and I was so weak I could Hardy walk to the back of supermarket.”

Learn more about Muscle Spasm