Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 19, 2022.
Applies to the following strengths: 250 mg; 500 mg; 750 mg; 375 mg
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Muscle Spasm
Initial dose: 250 to 500 mg orally 3 to 4 times a day
- If inadequate response, may increase to 750 mg orally 3 or 4 times a day
- The dose should be reduced as improvement occurs.
Use: As an adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures for the relief of discomfort associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Renal Dose Adjustments
No adjustments recommended
Liver Dose Adjustments
Use with caution; discontinue immediately if signs or symptoms of hepatotoxicity or abnormal liver enzymes (e.g., AST, ALT, alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin) develop
- Known intolerance to the drug
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Consult WARNINGS section for additional precautions.
Data not available
- Take orally
- Monitor for hepatotoxicity including liver function tests as warranted.
- Patients should be instructed to immediately report signs or symptoms of hepatotoxicity such as fever, rash, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, right upper quadrant pain, dark urine, or jaundice.
- Patients should be advised to speak with their health care provider regarding concomitant use of alcohol or other central nervous system depressants as these may have an additive effect.
More about chlorzoxazone
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (61)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: skeletal muscle relaxants
- En español
Parafon Forte DSC, Paraflex, Lorzone, Remular-S
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.