User Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

Also known as: Eze DS, Lorzone, Paraflex, Parafon Forte DSC, Relaxazone, Remular, Remular-S, Strifon Fort

Muscle Spasm
6.8

Summary of Chlorzoxazone reviews 6.8 52 reviews

Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

For Muscle Spasm: "WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, HALLELUJAH! Lupus, 4ACDF Fusions in Cervical Spine. Since January 2003, I have cried and cried due to the muscle spasms on the RT side of spine that never ever RELAXES! I have taken every muscle relaxer there is with no avail. Finally my pain management Dr. Called this in for me, ANSWERED PRAYERS! I TAKE 2 (250mg) x4 per day. My very first dose I could actually feel like the muscles were melting away! Unbelievable!!! After suffering all these years something actually worked for me! No side effects and definitely no drowsiness! My prayers have been answered."

LeeLee (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I had rampant itching from the neck up. The insides of my nostrils and ears especially. This experience was so irritating and that I did not notice muscle relaxing effects, if any."

Peabody (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I have had problems with opiates in the past - I have severe scoliosis with constant spasms in my QL muscle. Now I take 800mg of MOTRIN 3x day and 750 of parafon 3x A DAY. I Can't believe how much it has helped - in addition to PT and weight training!!!"

tbear April 20, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been given this three times a day , it's helping with my back and left leg, I have some pelvic injury , it's better than nothing and I'm happy with that."

Ouch (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Excellent results. I found my shoulder pain which was persistent for 3 to 4 months and rest of the muscle pain in the body disappear in just 3 doses of 250MG. "

Dr.Ali (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "My doc put me on this 500mg 2 daily took my first one feel like I am getting a sore throat am not able to sleep, muscle spasms still regularly. I don't understand to the new laws. I was on Soma's which worked great but to now if you are or have been on a Benz u can't have Soma's. The doc has quit writing that med. I've been on 20 different meds for spasms now they took the only thing that worked and gave me this which, by the way, my insurance company doesn't cover. Now I have to pay out of pocket for something that I .think is garbage"

C1119 February 2, 2018

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Lorzone and was given a sample by my doctor. I took medicine around 6 PM went to bed at 11. Woke up at 1 pm with a condition very similar to getting a piece of food stuck in esophagus. I could breathe, but was unable to swallow. My saliva became thick and foamy and had to spit it into a cup. Had my wife take me to Emergency room. Had an endoscopy which when I woke up I was fine."

Marc E. (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Been taking this since initially hurting back in car accident 10 years ago, am now a senior citizen. Sometimes works as well as vicodin pain pill. I love this product. Stops the back and leg muscle spasms. Hard to live without this product. Little to no side effects. I take it in morning and at bedtime to prevent muscle spasms- it works for me Besides bulged l4 and L5 discs in lower back, I have sciatica on right side, also ddd, arthritis, restless leg syndrome(I take gabapentin for latter) I tried flexeril, which made me feel like puking and drowsy. when I changed Drs no thanks Soma was too strong, could not function, slurred my words, could not walk, stand Seriously stopped the muscle spams in back, sides and legs My insurance with Wellcare/Staywel"

Always Happy (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2017

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I ALMOST DIED FROM LORZONE!!! Who ever took samples to a Pain Doctor's office knowing it can KILL you if you take other pain medicines with this KILL. I was not told this, I was just told to take two 750mg tablets a day. I swelled up in the face, hands and legs. I became so sick I had dark urine and could not eat as all I could do was throw up and have coffee ground diarrhea. I WAS GIVEN SAMPLES FROM A PAIN DOCTOR! No information was on the boxes! Before you take this make sure it goes with all your medicines you are on or you could DIE! (check your drug interactions) I MAY NEVER BE THE SAME. Who ever gave those samples to a pain Doctor's office they are trying to kill people!! I can not tell you how many days I took the samples as I lost my MEMORY! I called the company they are to blame for this in my book!"

Kaiyasummers19 (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Today was my first day trying the drug....I got a headache, stomach ache and 0 pain relief, darn it! Was trying you get off Robaxin which works great except I am losing a lot of my hair from it. Both of these drugs have a high percentage if you are over 60, darn it again!"

Strobelight (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "useless"

sunnysideup2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "This is far superior to hydromorphone for controlling muscle spasticity."

Kjersti December 19, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I had had a full shoulder repair done about 9 days to go they stuck me on this and when I first started taking it the side effects were a little crazy but after the initial 24 hours of taking it it works absolutely amazing I'm able to sleep. When I first started taking it at the doctor had recommended I take the whole pill 750 milligrams which I did knock me out so I can sleep in it was right after surgery and now I'm down to a third of the pill and it still works the same way it's an amazing muscle relaxer and I would recommend it to anybody. Some people may say that's not long enough on the medication to know whether or not it truly works but I'm telling you after a full shoulder repair it works just fine at work how it's supposed to."

Fancieface37 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I am being weened off Vicodin ( for RA joint stiffness and pain) by my "pain doctor" because I consume alcohol and it shows in my urine sample.So now I am not allowed my 10 year perfect solution for my RA/osteoarthritis joint pain with my 7.5/325 tablets prescribed 3x/day.I take one at 5:30 am before I walk 4.5 miles 6 days a week-it's like oiling my my joints.I often don't take the others during the day.BUT I know I have them for backup.So, he prescribed this chlorzoxazone at 500mg.The first morning I took it, after my walk I had to sit down and couldn't get up for 4 hours;I was confused,like a zombie,and wasn't normal 'til 5pm.The healthcare system is wrong, and I am another victim."

Gotchakatya November 25, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I suffer from degenerative arthritus, bulging n herniated discs as well as severe muscle spasms. Just took my first dose of this at 1500mg 3x a day. There is no sleepy feeling and finally i have a little relief. Before Lorzone i was on a strong muscle relaxer that didnt' do much. Even with my norco's and nucynta i was in extreme pain n could barely breathe. After this first dose of lorzone i can breathe without the extreme pain. I still have pain in my spine n thorasic area but its more tolerable than before. I hope this continue's to keep the severe pain away. I am on medicare and disability so i hope when the samples are over, the cost of the script isnt to high. I have high expectations of this med, praying it works out good."

LovelyBlondie (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "No relief at all for my back pain."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Suffered severe liver problems. Almost hospitalized for liver failure. Once taken off, liver functions returned to normal in 4-6 weeks. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Mikey R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "It gave me the shits,and I was so weak I could Hardy walk to the back of supermarket."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Lorzone recently by a pain specialist when I explained that all other muscle relaxants I have previously used were too sedating. I was pleased to find that though it is a 'new' medication (presumably repatented, since Paraflex was around since the 1990's), my insurance covered its generic form, Chlorzoxazone. In my experience, this is not a medication that is going to alter your mental state or give a drowsy effect; I do notice significantly reduced muscle spasm activity when taking it and none of the negative effects so common with other medications of its class. It does exactly what is expected and no unwanted side effects for me."

GhettoPharmacologist May 1, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I've tried almost every muscle relaxer out on the market, nothing worked as well as Lorzone! Its been a Godsend for me. I have multiple chronic spinal issues, some that cause severe muscle spasms. Lorzone has made my life more bearable. It may take about a week when you first start to actually work on your spasms, then continue as directed and you'll notice a difference in the amount, and severity of spasms. I've also noticed within a week or two of stopping Lorzone the spasms return. :( Unfortunately I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. My insurance only pays a very small part of cost, I use the coupon that lorzone provides, ask your doctor for it, its on the box of samples they get from the company."

Mikiansmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Was givien these by my doctor due to back spasms and pain. I have been on steroids and flex prior but didnt work. These work amazing. Not only did my back and right leg stop the spasms, I had no more pain. I have not taking anything but these and am amazed so far. And I only take one a day."

Dad16154 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Rx Lorzone 750mg, bid. Took for 2 days, unable to tolerate. Caused vomiting,dizziness, felt like limbs coated in cement. It worked great on spasms. Headache and other side effects not worth taking drug. Will stop and tell my doctor."

1Cnsrvwm March 5, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Was taken off Flexeril and prescribed Lorzone. Took 1/3 of one pill, two hours later I didn't feel right. Pain in back, hard to take a deep breath, eyes dilated, face tingled and lips swelled! Severe reaction required hospitalization. Be careful."

Just 17 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Medicine worked ok, but had to stop using because it caused serious liver problems. The benefits definitely DID NOT outweigh the risk."

Donna2007 October 21, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication just about killed me! Numerous side effects, head foggy, vision blurry, loud audio, tongue and throat swollen, rapid heartbeat with tightening chest! Then tingling in the feet and I blacked out! Happened numerous times all in this cycle. Ambulance ride to the E.R. then ICU! Stay away from this!"

BULLDOG32210 October 12, 2015