User Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

Also known as: Eze DS, Lorzone, Paraflex, Parafon Forte DSC, Relaxazone, Remular, Remular-S, Strifon Fort

Learn more about Chlorzoxazone.

Muscle Spasm 42 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Chlorzoxazone reviews 42 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

For Muscle Spasm: "useless"

sunnysideup2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "This is far superior to hydromorphone for controlling muscle spasticity."

Kjersti December 19, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I had had a full shoulder repair done about 9 days to go they stuck me on this and when I first started taking it the side effects were a little crazy but after the initial 24 hours of taking it it works absolutely amazing I'm able to sleep. When I first started taking it at the doctor had recommended I take the whole pill 750 milligrams which I did knock me out so I can sleep in it was right after surgery and now I'm down to a third of the pill and it still works the same way it's an amazing muscle relaxer and I would recommend it to anybody. Some people may say that's not long enough on the medication to know whether or not it truly works but I'm telling you after a full shoulder repair it works just fine at work how it's supposed to."

Fancieface37 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I am being weened off Vicodin ( for RA joint stiffness and pain) by my "pain doctor" because I consume alcohol and it shows in my urine sample.So now I am not allowed my 10 year perfect solution for my RA/osteoarthritis joint pain with my 7.5/325 tablets prescribed 3x/day.I take one at 5:30 am before I walk 4.5 miles 6 days a week-it's like oiling my my joints.I often don't take the others during the day.BUT I know I have them for backup.So, he prescribed this chlorzoxazone at 500mg.The first morning I took it, after my walk I had to sit down and couldn't get up for 4 hours;I was confused,like a zombie,and wasn't normal 'til 5pm.The healthcare system is wrong, and I am another victim."

Gotchakatya November 25, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I suffer from degenerative arthritus, bulging n herniated discs as well as severe muscle spasms. Just took my first dose of this at 1500mg 3x a day. There is no sleepy feeling and finally i have a little relief. Before Lorzone i was on a strong muscle relaxer that didnt' do much. Even with my norco's and nucynta i was in extreme pain n could barely breathe. After this first dose of lorzone i can breathe without the extreme pain. I still have pain in my spine n thorasic area but its more tolerable than before. I hope this continue's to keep the severe pain away. I am on medicare and disability so i hope when the samples are over, the cost of the script isnt to high. I have high expectations of this med, praying it works out good."

LovelyBlondie (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "No relief at all for my back pain."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Suffered severe liver problems. Almost hospitalized for liver failure. Once taken off, liver functions returned to normal in 4-6 weeks. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Mikey R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "It gave me the shits,and I was so weak I could Hardy walk to the back of supermarket."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed Lorzone recently by a pain specialist when I explained that all other muscle relaxants I have previously used were too sedating. I was pleased to find that though it is a 'new' medication (presumably repatented, since Paraflex was around since the 1990's), my insurance covered its generic form, Chlorzoxazone. In my experience, this is not a medication that is going to alter your mental state or give a drowsy effect; I do notice significantly reduced muscle spasm activity when taking it and none of the negative effects so common with other medications of its class. It does exactly what is expected and no unwanted side effects for me."

GhettoPharmacologist May 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I've tried almost every muscle relaxer out on the market, nothing worked as well as Lorzone! Its been a Godsend for me. I have multiple chronic spinal issues, some that cause severe muscle spasms. Lorzone has made my life more bearable. It may take about a week when you first start to actually work on your spasms, then continue as directed and you'll notice a difference in the amount, and severity of spasms. I've also noticed within a week or two of stopping Lorzone the spasms return. :( Unfortunately I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. My insurance only pays a very small part of cost, I use the coupon that lorzone provides, ask your doctor for it, its on the box of samples they get from the company."

Mikiansmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Was givien these by my doctor due to back spasms and pain. I have been on steroids and flex prior but didnt work. These work amazing. Not only did my back and right leg stop the spasms, I had no more pain. I have not taking anything but these and am amazed so far. And I only take one a day."

Dad16154 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Rx Lorzone 750mg, bid. Took for 2 days, unable to tolerate. Caused vomiting,dizziness, felt like limbs coated in cement. It worked great on spasms. Headache and other side effects not worth taking drug. Will stop and tell my doctor."

1Cnsrvwm March 5, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Was taken off Flexeril and prescribed Lorzone. Took 1/3 of one pill, two hours later I didn't feel right. Pain in back, hard to take a deep breath, eyes dilated, face tingled and lips swelled! Severe reaction required hospitalization. Be careful."

Just 17 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Medicine worked ok, but had to stop using because it caused serious liver problems. The benefits definitely DID NOT outweigh the risk."

Donna2007 October 21, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication just about killed me! Numerous side effects, head foggy, vision blurry, loud audio, tongue and throat swollen, rapid heartbeat with tightening chest! Then tingling in the feet and I blacked out! Happened numerous times all in this cycle. Ambulance ride to the E.R. then ICU! Stay away from this!"

BULLDOG32210 October 12, 2015

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I am a 35 yr old female. Fibromyalgia diagnosis was in October 2013 after 1-2 years of unexplainable symptoms. Just recently woke up with a kink in my (right sided) neck, mid back, shoulder, pectoral, bicep and entire arm/arm pit pain, cramps, spasms. 6 days after it started I went to the ER and was diagnosed with tortecollis. ER doc gave me a shot of Norflex and Toridol. He sent me home with scripts for flexeril and voltaren. I saw my doctors nurse practitioner the next day & she told me to stop the voltaren and started me on a medrol dose pack and told me to continue taking flexeril. The flexeril didn't relieve any pain. Later in the week I called the NP again & was told to quit flexeril & start 500 MG paragon forte. SURPRISE no relief"

trinamolena (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking the generic form of Parafon Forte 500 mg since 1997 for my back, neck & leg spasms due to fibromyalgia, sciatica and neuropathy. It was not the first, second or even the fifth muscle relaxant I tried. None of the sodas, flexerils or amytripline, or NSAID type meds made much difference. So I did some online research and found this med to be the strongest muscle relaxer (as of '97 at least). I asked my pain management doc for this med.I am still using it 18 years later. This is not a new medication"

Annie369 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I just got a sample pack of Lorzone along with a prescription for it. I took it just a little bit ago and while sitting there with my neck, back and legs cramping, all of a sudden, it was like a sort of rush came over me and a lot of the cramping and spasms just went away. Pretty awesome! I hope it continues to be this effective. I have a connective tissue disorder along with a long list of issues that stem from that. The only thing is, my doctor said its very expensive. I'm on medicare and disability. When I just dropped off the script, they said they have to get a pre-auth so insurance will cover it but I'm not sure how high my co-pay will be. I hope its not too much so I can continue taking this!"

Kadie Ann (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Increasing sciatica over 4 years; told by PT "don't climb hills". Aggravated w/ physical demands of moving to new place. More recent injury from a clumsy fall and subsequent hip surgery x2. Unclear where one starts/ends, etc but have classic sciatica now. Remedial ice, rest, stretching, gentle rebounding all help temporarily. Valium is hit/miss. Lorzone is a bullseye. MRI shows "typical lumbar changes" for 65 y/o with years of physical stressors compounded by unmindful posture in the name of "getting the job done". I hope this pill is as good long term as short term. Just picked up new script for it after using up freebee from MD."

NurseNan2 April 3, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Lorzone really helps with the muscle spams and pain; however, it KILLS my stomach even when taken with food and a stomach protection med."

ddbslp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2015

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have severe muscle spasms and muscle pain due to spinal conditions and neuropathy. This medication has given me more releif than I have had in a very long time. I do get headaches sometimes when I take it. Well worth the releif it gives."

DeeDee7681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed this medication in a dosage of 500mg for severe back spasms that kept me from walking. It allowed me to walk a little bit longer before the pain kicked in. I rated it low because it mildly affected the spasms/pain while making me immediately sleepy."

Pernette January 20, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been through a lot of medication for fibromyalgia... amitriptyline, methocarbamol, NSAIDS off the charts, Savella, Cymbalta... nothing works. Still, I believe nothing works but I will say this has helped me feel quite a bit better. Often in the night I have muscle cramps in addition to all the pain caused by fibromyalgia. If someone squeezes my arm, yes it still hurts.. but this drug has really lessened the pain all over. I give it a nine because I worry too much about how "young" this drug is. I worry about what it's doing to my liver and stuff too. I'm on 750MG a night and I take it before bed. It doesn't make me drowsy or help me sleep through the night specifically, but it really makes the muscles feel nice (and less cramping)."

AmandaTheArtist January 17, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication is GREAT! It really helped my frequent migraines from 15 a month down to maybe 4-5. There's an issue with my neck, still to be determined, and it apparently causes a lot of tension in my upper back, shoulder, neck, and even head. I initially had a little drowsiness with this medication; still less than baclofen and tizanidine. I kept on taking it and now I take 3-4 doses a day with no problems. I don't even notice I'm taking it! As a side note, I have RSD/CRPS in my shoulder and take Oxycontin and oxycodone regularly. I really like the Lorzone because it does NOT intensify the drowsiness that sometimes can occur with narcotics. I'm not sure if that's normal in all people, or if I've built up a tolerance over a year."

Love the ocean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2015

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have moderate lower back pain and my doctor suggested I take Lorzone in case I have muscle spasm. Well I took the Lorzone 750mg and I had no side effects whatsoever (which is good) yet the pain is still there. I have an appointment for MRI soon. Hope I find out what is causing my pain."

bbevv December 2, 2014