User Reviews for Chlor-Trimeton to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Chlor-Trimeton has an average rating of 9.2 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. 89% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Chlor-Trimeton Rating Summary

9.2/10 average rating

Compare all 269 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Hans Lidinowski · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 21, 2019

“I take diphenhydramine, cetirizine, and the 4 hour version of chlorpheniramine at bedtime every night of the year whether I have symptoms or not which is the only combination I have found that will keep me clear enough to live a normal routine without many allergy symptoms. I only take the "Chlor Tabs" at 4 hour intervals during the day if I am still experiencing allergy symptoms which include sneezing, coughing, ear discomfort, tinitis, dizziness and vomiting (From the dizziness). I can't live without these chlorpheniramine every 4 hours without vomiting from the nausea.”

Joãozinho December 7, 2014

“Have used Chlor-Trimeton for many years, 4 mg twice a day, to control allergic reactions to pollen. After trying all other OTC antihistamines, Chlor-Trimeton does the job best, and it's a single-ingredient medicine (not a combination of unnecessary ingredients).”

Anonymous NYC · Taken for 10 years or more March 27, 2016

“Have returned repeatedly to Chlortrimeton after taking Zyrtec or Claritin off and on. I get relief for hayfever symptoms without drowsiness and cost is lower. I feel sleepy on the other two meds and the 24 hour dose is not consistent over that period of time. My hayfever is not a severe case with running nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing from Mid-March to May seemingly getting less with age. I'm 69. Have tried the 12 hour dose and find it works consistently for me but prefer the 4 hour tablet.”

BTM1 February 13, 2012

“I occasionally get severe sneezing attacks, cause unknown. They start as a feeling like something tickling my nose followed by a deep intake of breath and a powerful (mostly dry) sneeze. This then repeats about every 20 seconds for several minutes, when it stops, leaving me exhausted and with teary eyes and a runny nose. I found that swallowing a short-acting chlorpheniramine maleate tablet at the first sign, or in between sneezes, is effective at immediately stopping the attack, with no noticeable side effects. I have other chronic health conditions for which I take prescription medications; long term use of antihistamines for me is not recommended.”

Anonymous August 26, 2008

“While it makes me drowsy, gives me dry mouth and can make my scalp tingle/itch it is the only antihistamine that works for my severe hay fever. The 4 hour pills work most of the time and when my symptoms are really bad the 8 or 12 hour ones make my life normal.”

JJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

“I tried this (generic)... normal dose... and it really knocked me for a loop... I could barely get out of bed... alarming! Judging from the ratings. It must work great for others. I AM very sensitive to all drugs and Benedryl works great for me, so not sure why I had such a weird trip on this one.”

Anonymous September 8, 2008

“I have had severe hayfever since childhood and this is one of the few antihistamines that work for all of my symptoms without making me overly drowsy. I'm just sad that they only sell 4 hour pills otc now. I'll have to switch to something else.”