User Reviews for Ceftin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ceftin.

Bladder Infection

Bronchitis
6.7

Summary of Ceftin reviews 8.2 32 reviews

Reviews for Ceftin

For Lyme Disease "Ceftin is the only antibiotic that cured my Lyme Disease after trying others. I have been symptom free for many years now. I took it for 6 weeks."

Lyme Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I had a headache for 2 weeks straight and couldn't figure out why so I finally broke down and went to the doctors yesterday! She prescribed me Ceftin and said I had a sinus infection. I took both pills yesterday and woke up today with no headache at all and feeling amazing. This pill really works so far!"

Dallas C October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "When I read all of the reviews I was kind of terrified to start Ceftin, but I had no reason to be! The only side effect I found for the first day was gas and bloating, but it definitely could've been unrelated. As long as you take this antibiotic with a meal (nothing crazy, doesn't have to be huge) and take probiotics daily, you should be totally fine! I've been on it for 4 days and I feel great with no side effects. Tomorrow is my last day, so I'm hoping my UTI will be cleared out! My only complaint is that because I took the liquid, it definitely was not pleasant to swallow and I found the easiest way to make it tolerable was to mix it with a sweeter flavored drink, as the antibiotic is a bit gritty and bitter."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Effective antibiotic with the only down side being frequent heartburn & gas."

AS101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Lyme Disease "son of 3,5 years old has Lyme; received cefuroxime axetil 250 mg oral suspension 21 days. It was hard to find pharmacy that carries this. The pediatrician had to mediate. Our son did a great job taking the medicine, as we used a plastic, injection tof administer it to him. He did fine with that. However. On the bottle it said to shake well before use. The liquid was too thick for shaking. You had to just wait for the goo to come out of the narrow bottle. When the bottle was "empty" there was a thick layer at the bottom and around the sides. Even thicker than the rest. How can we tell if he got the right amount of medicine? Better to put susp into an open neck jar and stir each time. With Lyme you"re never sure if medication worked."

kindje July 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "My mother, age 75 took this. After 4 days she became very confused, bad chest pain, nauseated, felt jerky and diarrhea. She still shows some confusion after being off of it for 2 days."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Did excellent job with clearing up sinus infection. 4 days in, however, I got hit with pretty severe diarrhea. Dr. had me stop taking since I was so much improved in terms of the sinusitis and due to the side effects. Been 48 hrs of diarrhea. And 24 since I terminated the medication. Hopefully it resolves with the probiotics I'm taking and cessation of the Ceftin. I am concerned about the severe colitis I've read about but we shall see."

Brian O December 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "My doctor looked in my ear and nose and saw that they were severe blocked, as well as infected with bacteria. He explained to me that I probably have drainage into the eustachian tube and that has got dirty. So he prescribed me 500mg Ceftin, as well as Allegra-D and Flonase, all to be taken for 15 days. I take Ceftin twice daily morning and night with food. I take Allegra-D and Flonase in the morning before I leave for work. I don't know how the Ceftin works, but I was still plugged up for a good 5 days until it felt like it may be finally kicked in. But is it? It could just be the regular Allegra-D and Flonase? But I guess if this Ceftin is good for many other stuff, it'll be good for all the other bacteria type stuff so I'm happy."

W-U October 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Lyme Disease "After several rounds of doxycycline it started to lose its effectiveness. After a week on ceftin my symptoms subsided. I'm not cured, but my symptoms have been manageable for the past 2 years"

Anonymous May 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "I'm currently being treated (with Ceftin) for a chest infection. I had been coughing & try as I might, couldn't bring up all the stuck mucous in my chest & throat. After one pill, the phlegm was loosened & there was a dramatic decrease in my coughing. Plus, I've had ZERO side effects! : )"

Priscilla Dearing (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I've had sinusitis for a couple of weeks, woozy, dizzy, pressure. I took a dose pack, which I normally take anyway and it helped some but no appreciable effects. I tried Augmentin and couldn't take anymore after one dose due to side effects. I've taken 3 Ceftin since yesterday and I feel much, much better."

Anonymous December 11, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Strep Throat "No side effects at all... wiped it out first day."

missvash March 6, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Pharmacist."

hisham zagloul February 13, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "Have chronic Lyme disease - causing depressed immune function. Ceftin eliminated my urinary tract infection in one week without any side reactions. Felt better after first dose. Love this medication!"

Lymie (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Was sick with the worst sinus infection in my life for at least 3 weeks. It began to turn into pneumonia. Amoxil wasn't working. 2 doses of Ceftin so far and I'm feeling much better. "

Diane B (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "I have infections in the sinus, throat and upper chest. My doctor first put me on Augmentin, which caused me to throw up. She changed it to Ceftin, and it is giving me no trouble at all. Also, I am already feeling better in the sinus. I have a horrible cough, but I imagine that's from the bronchitis breaking up. I'm very pleased with how this is working so far."

amberpep (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Works and you start feeling better in 2-3 days but you get diarrhea. My doctor prescribed probiotics Florastor..that helped restore good bacteria."

Annie145 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection "I have painful bladder syndrome and was having many infections. I have been using Ceftin 250 mg once a day for a year and have had NO infections since the use of this medicine has been added to my routine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I started taking Ceftin for Bronchitis and I felt better within 2 days. I stayed on it for 6 weeks and my sinus condition and ETD symptoms went away after 4 years. This was a miracle for me."

CathyA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I was prescribed this after 3 days on a Azithromycin was making me worse. My doctor told me the Z-pack wasn't working because my bronchitis had become pneumonia. After 2 days on the Ceftin (250 mg, twice daily), I was really starting to improve. My cough had lessened, chest congestion had loosened nicely and my headache/stuffiness had started to subside. I also used a humidifier. Now, 4 days in and I'm feeling almost human. The cough is almost gone, I can breathe almost normally and am much improved. I have always heard the Z-pack knocks out almost everything, but I'm proof it's not a cure-all. One thing to note is that Ceftin can be rough on your stomach, so be sure to take it with food. Crackers, toast or yogurt should be fine."

Anonymous January 2, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I had a sinus infection with fever (spiking higher at night); took me a while to figure out because I never had one before. Within a day of taking Ceftin, I no longer had a fever and felt much better. Had no problem taking the pill with water (unlike others); don't taste it at all. After 5 days, I still have thick mucus and less appetite than usual) but otherwise am doing much better than before. I notice no side effects from this medicine."

Geranium November 8, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ceftin has been more effective for me than penicillin, when it comes to infections. I have a very sensitive stomach and unlike most antibiotics Ceftin, does not cause me gastrointestinal upset. Be sure to take a probiotic in between doses of your antibiotic."

Anonymous July 4, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "It quickly helped get rid of the infection in my throat BUT it is very hard to take. The taste of the pill is horrible and sticks around for a long time in the back of your throat. I used flavored yogurt to help counteract the flavor after I swallowed the pill. It also starts dissolving quickly so it tended to get stuck in my throat."

Anonymous June 10, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "The bitter taste made the pills almost impossible to take. Dipping them in honey really worked! Thanks so much for that tip."

Anonymous February 26, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Lyme Disease "Experienced immediate relief from foggy brain, ended headaches and muscle and joint pain."

Anonymous September 26, 2010