User Reviews for Ceftin

Ceftin Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 211 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Ceftin to treat Sinusitis

"I have been prescribed Ceftin multiple times over the course of 6 years to treat my sinusitis. Every time I have taken it, I have only been able to endure a few days before the incredibly harsh nature of this medicine on my stomach forces a doctor to stop the use. This week I was prescribed it again and 4 hours into the VERY FIRST PILL of my VERY FIRST DOSE, I began to feel terrible stabbing abdominal pain and then began over 24 hours of awful diarrrhea and vomiting. My body felt like it was going through a war. Now not only was I still battling through sinusitis, but due to taking this Ceftin I added symptoms of being in the throes of a stomach virus. I went to the doctor 12 hours into this episode whereby he told me NEVER TAKE THIS MEDICINE AGAIN....it clearly is having awful reactions with your body. This has really set me back now and thanks to the havoc it wrecked on my insides now I can’t take any meds orally for a bit until we can stabilize my stomach."

Jersey (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

"I was in Urgent Care 4 days ago and diagnosed with a sinus infection. I was given Ceftin 500 mg. tablets to take 2 times a day. I'm going to take one after dinner tonight, and I honestly can say this stuff is not working for me at all. I'm okay for about 3 hours after taking it with breakfast, then my nose starts running, my head stuffs up, I get very cold and I have to go to bed propped up on 3 pillows trying to breathe. When I get up, my nose starts running again and my head gets all stuffed up again, and doesn't clear up until about 8:30 pm. If I am like this tomorrow, I will be calling my primary care doctor about getting put on something else."

Cookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

"I had a headache for 2 weeks straight and couldn't figure out why so I finally broke down and went to the doctors yesterday! She prescribed me Ceftin and said I had a sinus infection. I took both pills yesterday and woke up today with no headache at all and feeling amazing. This pill really works so far!"

Dallas C October 16, 2017

"Effective antibiotic with the only down side being frequent heartburn & gas."

AS101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

"Did excellent job with clearing up sinus infection. 4 days in, however, I got hit with pretty severe diarrhea. Dr. had me stop taking since I was so much improved in terms of the sinusitis and due to the side effects. Been 48 hrs of diarrhea. And 24 since I terminated the medication. Hopefully it resolves with the probiotics I'm taking and cessation of the Ceftin. I am concerned about the severe colitis I've read about but we shall see."

Brian O December 9, 2015

"I've had sinusitis for a couple of weeks, woozy, dizzy, pressure. I took a dose pack, which I normally take anyway and it helped some but no appreciable effects. I tried Augmentin and couldn't take anymore after one dose due to side effects. I've taken 3 Ceftin since yesterday and I feel much, much better."

Anonymous December 11, 2014

"Was sick with the worst sinus infection in my life for at least 3 weeks. It began to turn into pneumonia. Amoxil wasn't working. 2 doses of Ceftin so far and I'm feeling much better. "

Diane B (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

"I had a sinus infection with fever (spiking higher at night); took me a while to figure out because I never had one before. Within a day of taking Ceftin, I no longer had a fever and felt much better. Had no problem taking the pill with water (unlike others); don't taste it at all. After 5 days, I still have thick mucus and less appetite than usual) but otherwise am doing much better than before. I notice no side effects from this medicine."

Geranium November 8, 2011

"The bitter taste made the pills almost impossible to take. Dipping them in honey really worked! Thanks so much for that tip."

Anonymous February 26, 2011

"I was put on Ceftin for a sinus infection, 3 days later I developed terrible diarrhea with blood, found out it was called pseudomembraneous colitis. It is now a week later and I am still suffering from the side effects. "

Anonymous January 13, 2010

"I have been dealing with bad breathe for about 1 year and been to my internal medicine doctor and my dentist and they said I was fine. I wasn't ok with this answer so I went to see an ENT doctor. He then prescribed me Ceftin 500 mg tablets to take twice a day with food. This is the miracle drug. I have only been taking it for 3 wks out of the 4wks I was prescribed the drug and can already tell a difference. I go back in 1 week to have a CT scan of my sinuses to see if the bacterial infection has cleared up. I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering with the symptoms it treats."

Anonymous November 11, 2009

"After being hospitalized for 6 weeks and on other mag-antibiotics, I am so pleased to report that after 3-4 days on the Ceftin, I finally could stop going through a 200 count box of tissues EVERY day and could actually breathe through my nose most of the time. My ENT Doctor prescribed Ceftin for 17 days. I've been on it now for 7 days. I have a severely depressed immune system due to MDS. We want to avoid surgery at all costs. I am hoping and praying the relief continues. I am also on Astepro nasal spray. Hoping for no or minimal side effects, which is always a concern. So far, so good. Will try and further evaluate at end of regimen. I hope this helps someone else."

dynachick June 21, 2009

"I am on my 5th day of 10 day prescription - taking 500mg in the morning and 500mg before bedtime. The pills are hard to swallow and taste awful so I dip them in honey before taking. It works great. Ceftin is working great. Being a person that has lived with nasty sinus infections most of my life, I never take the same antibotic twice in one year. However, Ceftin is at the top of my list. It cures the infection. Make sure you take a ten day (1000mg daily) course if you have a bad infection. It does make you feel bad - it is hard on your stomach so you must take it with food. Yoghurt or Activa is a must and also make sure you have a bunch of bananas on hand. Good luck."

richard4ga January 11, 2009