User Reviews for Ceftin

Reviews for Ceftin to treat Pneumonia

"I found the tablet form difficult to swallow. On my second dose, the tablet got stuck in my throat. Scary. But I managed to get it back out, and tossed it in the trash. Then I realized I would be one dose short. So I retrieved the tablet, only to discover that by now, it had swollen into a spongy mass. So I dropped it into a glass of water. Extremely bitter this way. And with irritated throat tissues. So, next dose, I put almond milk in my mouth, maybe 4 ounces, and tossed in the tablet and quickly swallowed. This time, it went down ok. I think the tablet needs a coating. I was thinking of using butter. I will try this on my next dose."

Tom March 26, 2018

"My mother, age 75 took this. After 4 days she became very confused, bad chest pain, nauseated, felt jerky and diarrhea. She still shows some confusion after being off of it for 2 days."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

"Works and you start feeling better in 2-3 days but you get diarrhea. My doctor prescribed probiotics Florastor..that helped restore good bacteria."

Annie145 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2013

"I was prescribed this after 3 days on a Azithromycin was making me worse. My doctor told me the Z-pack wasn't working because my bronchitis had become pneumonia. After 2 days on the Ceftin (250 mg, twice daily), I was really starting to improve. My cough had lessened, chest congestion had loosened nicely and my headache/stuffiness had started to subside. I also used a humidifier. Now, 4 days in and I'm feeling almost human. The cough is almost gone, I can breathe almost normally and am much improved. I have always heard the Z-pack knocks out almost everything, but I'm proof it's not a cure-all. One thing to note is that Ceftin can be rough on your stomach, so be sure to take it with food. Crackers, toast or yogurt should be fine."

Anonymous January 2, 2012

"Took pneumonia away quickly, however, it does cause diarrhea. I'm on my 6th day of a 14 day regimen. Works well and fast."

StanS September 20, 2009