User Reviews for Coreg

High Blood Pressure
5.6

Summary of Coreg reviews 7.7 39 reviews

Reviews for Coreg

For High Blood Pressure "Ok been on this since my valve repair in June. Stabilized now at 2 pills 2 x daily 12.5 mg. Since I left the hospital I noticed my BP had been rising up to 150/101 some days higher. I was following the directions. Dr. recently also put me on Lisinopril. I went off that after 2 weeks do to bad experience. Medications instructions on the label were to take with food. When I was in the hospital they were waking me at at 4 am and giving me this on an empty stomach and BP hovered around 120/85. So ok why not try that. Bingo back to corrected levels similar to when hospitalized range. This effect last for about 9 hours so adjusted my dose times. Just remember this is for me, and it is recommended to be taken with food, so you don't get the medication working to quickly which can cause dizziness etc for people."

Ackack October 3, 2018

For Heart Failure "Coreg (Carvedilol) saved my life for 2.9 years then one day my defibrillator activated & sent me into a blackout in my bathtub. After a device check reading of 325 beats per min., a heart cath & no other findings at the hospital, the Coreg got the blame; they changed me to Metroprol; wrong. Coreg kept me active, happy & gave me my life back. Sure there are side effects but they don't last long; I could function daily. With Metroprol, gained weigh, stayed very fatigued & developed vertigo. Finally, I had a move & got another cardiologist. I told him my wish was to go back to Coreg & explained why I was taken off this med; now, I'm back on Coreg. I know beta blockers are not all kosher but NEVER EVER go off meds w/o your doctor's knowledge. Also, lost my hubby to basilar artery stroke 10 days before his 30 year retirement due to his belief in no meds. Don't do it! It may your life you save. Always talk with the doctor & you always have the right to a 2nd doctor's advise."

Angel36608 (taken for 10 years or more) September 2, 2018

For Heart Failure "I had a mitral Valve repair and my EF dropped to 30. I was put on Coreg for 6 months, and I experienced periods of dizziness and muscle pain. I worked out and played tennis 3 times a week--surprising my doctor. I had no problems, but my EF never improved above 30-35 range. Since Coregs main purpose seems to be to lower blood pressure, I am not sure why they insisted I go on it for low EF. I started taking CoQ10 and no Coreq and now my EF has improved to 40 and I felt better and no dizziness. I don't believe that Coreg actually helps with EF. I think the studies were flawed to prove something that is not true."

RBrks January 12, 2018

For Heart Failure "After getting Sepsis from UTI I ended up with heart failure at 35-40%. I was initially put on Coreg at 3.125 and doing well.. Hope to have another Echo soon and see how much I have improved in the last 3 months. No other meds with it. I am so so much better.. Almost back to 100% activity."

JamyeLouWho (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

For Heart Failure "I have been taking Coreg for over 5 years and it has been a lifesaver. I am 79 years young and my quality of life is amazing. The only problem is the cost."

Ctnach August 21, 2015

For Heart Failure "succeededin improving EF by 60 per cent"

xnorb May 30, 2015

For Heart Failure "Works well for Congestive Heart Failure CHF,. however, I started using it years ago and we have discovered that Coreg may cause painful peripheral neuropathy. I am not diabetic but have developed the neuropathy and the only guess from doctors is that it was caused by the Coreg."

GonzoOne December 24, 2014

For Heart Failure "I had a virus infection of the back wall of my heart. In Feb 2007, my EF was 20% and I was throwing PVC's like crazy. My cardiologist started me on Coreg (carvedilol) but could not tolerate a dose higher than 3.125mg and he also started me on Vasotec (enalapril) and, again, I could not tolerate a dose higher than 2.5mg. In fact, I take my blood pressure before every dose (2x daily) and if it is less than 130, I do not take the Vasotec. By June 2007, my EF was 68% and only the occasional PVC these days. Coreg and Vasotec continue to work very well and have saved my life!"

Astroraider December 8, 2014

For Heart Failure "I had an EF of 12 - no cause or history or heard disease. My doctor put me on Coreg along with other meds and 6 months later, my EF is 55-60. I have some side effects from the Coreg, mainly some weakness and occasionally some dizziness, but it is nothing compared to being in heart failure. Very thankful my doc prescribed this med."

Marie_in_NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "My heart rate was speeding up to the point I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, it was more a problem at night when I would try to go to sleep, heart was pounding and a wave pressure in my ears was keeping me from sleeping, started medicine 3.125 mg twice daily and problem was in good control within one week, I have a blockage left side 30 to 40%, no problems since started medicine, blood pressure is in real good control, I continue EKG every 6 months. "

Raymond Gonzales (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 23, 2014

For Heart Failure "I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day."

Paikie (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2013

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "My daughter was prescribed this medication because it was the medicine that showed significant improvement to help Left ventricular dysfunction."

Anonymous April 21, 2013

For Heart Failure "I participated in the blind study at University hospital in Denver CO in the 90's. EF was 12% was given 6 months to live in 1992 at 24 yrs old, a 6 month old daughter. I must have gotten the actual medicine in the trial. I was glad to participate, and was excited when FDA approved Coreg. I had gotten to over 400lbs. Now 22 years later my EF is 52% and weight 165 and a B.S. M.S. degree and working on Ph.D and watching my daughter do wonderful things. I'm grateful for Coreg and my awesome cardiac and PCP team."

Beatcha! March 9, 2013

For High Blood Pressure "I have had great results with Coreg . My blood pressure was high and heart rate and now my pressure is normal and heart rate is much slower."

JerryDhutch March 8, 2013

For High Blood Pressure "I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg a day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70."

Bill three (taken for 10 years or more) January 14, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation "Works good except several periods per month of 2 to 3 days when palpitations are much worse."

Anonymous November 22, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "After only a few weeks this medicine has caused debilitating joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrists and hips. I find it difficult to even get out of bed or feed myself on this medicine. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "Works well but does not mix well with hydrochlorothiazide (water pill). Causes blood pressure to decrease too much."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "The side effects were almost unbearable the first month. The second month has been better now that I am used to Coreg. Feeling so much better now. My Left Ventricular Dysfunction has improved."

Anonymous January 7, 2012

For High Blood Pressure "6.25mg of this product 2 X daily, reduced my 160/120 BP to 120/78 in two days."

Anonymous December 31, 2011

For Heart Failure "Started living with congestive heart failure caused by virus in 1996. Started on Coreg in 2001 when EF hit 15. Went back up to 41 within a few months and remains at that level. I am now 68. I'm sure I wouldn't be here, were it not for this medicine. Don't seem to have side effects."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "Did not work for my moderately high blood pressure."

Anonymous September 26, 2011

For Heart Failure "Great when you start at a low dose. Then as Doctor increases dose I get less and less benefit. "

Anonymous August 30, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "I have used this drug since developing CHF on the operating table in 2001 and I am still alive and feel pretty good. I am 75 years old now."

Anonymous June 17, 2011

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "My EF has gone from 10% to 30% on a dosage of 42mgs per day. Of course there are the usual side effects."

Anonymous February 10, 2011