User Reviews for Coreg to treat High Blood Pressure

Coreg has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 47% of those users who reviewed Coreg reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Coreg Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 286 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Coreg

Mac · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2020

“I'm now taking carvedilol 25mg/2X after going thru a 1/2 dozen other meds. It seems to stabilise my BP @ 120-70, but all the beta blockers seem to cause side effects. On this drug I have terrible itching, difficulty swallowing and sneezing. The first side effect may be coming from something else and is under review. The middle one may also be coming from something else too but I see "trachial restriction" as one of the side effects. The sneezing is 4-6 x per day. Years back I was on another drug that caused all kinds of problems and my kidneys were discovered to have been damaged. Again, how do you know where these things come from? I wish I could get off these meds with some OTC treatments. Ive tried Beet juice and was in a trial on that awful tasting juice, but it's easier as a pill.”

Ackack October 3, 2018

“Ok been on this since my valve repair in June. Stabilized now at 2 pills 2 x daily 12.5 mg. Since I left the hospital I noticed my BP had been rising up to 150/101 some days higher. I was following the directions. Dr. recently also put me on Lisinopril. I went off that after 2 weeks do to bad experience. Medications instructions on the label were to take with food. When I was in the hospital they were waking me at at 4 am and giving me this on an empty stomach and BP hovered around 120/85. So ok why not try that. Bingo back to corrected levels similar to when hospitalized range. This effect last for about 9 hours so adjusted my dose times. Just remember this is for me, and it is recommended to be taken with food, so you don't get the medication working to quickly which can cause dizziness etc for people.”

JerryDhutch March 8, 2013

“I have had great results with Coreg . My blood pressure was high and heart rate and now my pressure is normal and heart rate is much slower.”

Bill three · Taken for 10 years or more January 14, 2013

“I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg a day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70.”

Road Hog November 17, 2010

“I have been taking this since my heart attack in March 2010. I have had leg muscle issues (pain) since the beginning. My doctor seems to think the benefit is greater than the pain. I disagree and am about to stop it no matter what my doctor says.”

Anonymous December 8, 2009

“This Medicine had no affect on my HBP. I previously took Lisinopril, but needed to change medicines for another reason. My BP went very high (160/110) even after taking this medicine for 7 days and I had to be changed to another medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2012

“After only a few weeks this medicine has caused debilitating joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrists and hips. I find it difficult to even get out of bed or feed myself on this medicine. ”

Anonymous March 31, 2009

“I am tired and dizzy with this medicine. ”

Anonymous January 31, 2010

“Caused extreme fatigue”

Anonymous February 15, 2012

“Works well but does not mix well with hydrochlorothiazide (water pill). Causes blood pressure to decrease too much.”

Anonymous December 31, 2011

“6.25mg of this product 2 X daily, reduced my 160/120 BP to 120/78 in two days.”

Anonymous June 17, 2011

“I have used this drug since developing CHF on the operating table in 2001 and I am still alive and feel pretty good. I am 75 years old now.”

Anonymous September 17, 2010

“12.5 mg 2 x a day. Had headaches and numbness in fingers. Some swelling in lower legs. Blood pressure dropped only 4 points. Doctor switched medicine after 3 months.”

Anonymous September 26, 2011

“Did not work for my moderately high blood pressure.”

Anonymous September 24, 2009

“I have had very little side effects. I am at my third increase in dosage and am at 12.5mg. I wished it had been more effective at the lower dose.”