User Reviews for Coreg to treat Heart Failure

Coreg has an average rating of 9.1 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Heart Failure. 88% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Coreg Rating Summary

9.1/10 average rating

Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Heart Failure.

Reviews for Coreg

Beatcha! March 9, 2013

“I participated in the blind study at University hospital in Denver CO in the 90's. EF was 12% was given 6 months to live in 1992 at 24 yrs old, a 6 month old daughter. I must have gotten the actual medicine in the trial. I was glad to participate, and was excited when FDA approved Coreg. I had gotten to over 400lbs. Now 22 years later my EF is 52% and weight 165 and a B.S. M.S. degree and working on Ph.D and watching my daughter do wonderful things. I'm grateful for Coreg and my awesome cardiac and PCP team.”

Angel36608 · Taken for 10 years or more September 2, 2018

“Coreg (Carvedilol) saved my life for 2.9 years then one day my defibrillator activated & sent me into a blackout in my bathtub. After a device check reading of 325 beats per min., a heart cath & no other findings at the hospital, the Coreg got the blame; they changed me to Metroprol; wrong. Coreg kept me active, happy & gave me my life back. Sure there are side effects but they don't last long; I could function daily. With Metroprol, gained weigh, stayed very fatigued & developed vertigo. Finally, I had a move & got another cardiologist. I told him my wish was to go back to Coreg & explained why I was taken off this med; now, I'm back on Coreg. I know beta blockers are not all kosher but NEVER EVER go off meds w/o your doctor's knowledge. Also, lost my hubby to basilar artery stroke 10 days before his 30 year retirement due to his belief in no meds. Don't do it! It may your life you save. Always talk with the doctor & you always have the right to a 2nd doctor's advise.”

Anonymous September 6, 2009

“Coreg worked fine for me at 12.5 mg twice a day. However, as a former smoker, when my physician increased the dosage to 25mg 2x a day, I had trouble breathing, walking, and my feet swelled up. Coreg should be kept at a minimal dose if the patient has an underlying lung problem. My physician had to stop the drug completely.”

Paikie · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 26, 2013

“I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day.”

GonzoOne December 24, 2014

“Works well for Congestive Heart Failure CHF,. however, I started using it years ago and we have discovered that Coreg may cause painful peripheral neuropathy. I am not diabetic but have developed the neuropathy and the only guess from doctors is that it was caused by the Coreg.”

Marie_in_NC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 24, 2014

“I had an EF of 12 - no cause or history or heard disease. My doctor put me on Coreg along with other meds and 6 months later, my EF is 55-60. I have some side effects from the Coreg, mainly some weakness and occasionally some dizziness, but it is nothing compared to being in heart failure. Very thankful my doc prescribed this med.”

Anonymous December 5, 2011

“Started living with congestive heart failure caused by virus in 1996. Started on Coreg in 2001 when EF hit 15. Went back up to 41 within a few months and remains at that level. I am now 68. I'm sure I wouldn't be here, were it not for this medicine. Don't seem to have side effects.”

V.B. November 7, 2008

“In June 07 at age 47, to my doctor's disbelief, I was on life support and confirmed to have congestive heart failure. After trials for weeks on different medicines my doctor ask me to try Coreg with my Lasix. Boy was I thankful. Today 6 months later I am 2804 miles from home, living a very normal and happy life.”

Astroraider December 8, 2014

“I had a virus infection of the back wall of my heart. In Feb 2007, my EF was 20% and I was throwing PVC's like crazy. My cardiologist started me on Coreg (carvedilol) but could not tolerate a dose higher than 3.125mg and he also started me on Vasotec (enalapril) and, again, I could not tolerate a dose higher than 2.5mg. In fact, I take my blood pressure before every dose (2x daily) and if it is less than 130, I do not take the Vasotec. By June 2007, my EF was 68% and only the occasional PVC these days. Coreg and Vasotec continue to work very well and have saved my life!”

RBrks January 12, 2018

“I had a mitral Valve repair and my EF dropped to 30. I was put on Coreg for 6 months, and I experienced periods of dizziness and muscle pain. I worked out and played tennis 3 times a week--surprising my doctor. I had no problems, but my EF never improved above 30-35 range. Since Coregs main purpose seems to be to lower blood pressure, I am not sure why they insisted I go on it for low EF. I started taking CoQ10 and no Coreq and now my EF has improved to 40 and I felt better and no dizziness. I don't believe that Coreg actually helps with EF. I think the studies were flawed to prove something that is not true.”

JamyeLouWho · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2017

“After getting Sepsis from UTI I ended up with heart failure at 35-40%. I was initially put on Coreg at 3.125 and doing well.. Hope to have another Echo soon and see how much I have improved in the last 3 months. No other meds with it. I am so so much better.. Almost back to 100% activity.”

j w July 19, 2010

“Had a heart attack in June 2003-after 8 days in hospital doctor put me on Coreg and I am still alive and living well and feel good. I am on other drugs as well, however I believe in Coreg, the results have been great.”

pepischnauzer September 28, 2008

“I had congestive heart failure 6 years ago. In my opinion Coreg has saved my life. I thank God, my cardiologist informed me of this drug.”

Ctnach August 21, 2015

“I have been taking Coreg for over 5 years and it has been a lifesaver. I am 79 years young and my quality of life is amazing. The only problem is the cost.”

Anonymous October 7, 2009

“My dad uses this medication for 3 years now, after he was staying in the hospital with heart failure for almost 10 days. He never had that situation repeated since that...”

Anonymous August 30, 2011

“Great when you start at a low dose. Then as Doctor increases dose I get less and less benefit. ”

Anonymous December 22, 2008

“Great for congestive heart failure.”

xnorb May 30, 2015

“succeededin improving EF by 60 per cent”

Learn more about Heart Failure