User Reviews for Carbidopa/levodopa

Parkinson's Disease 6.1
Summary of Carbidopa/levodopa reviews 7.1 69 reviews

Reviews for Carbidopa/levodopa

Noodles · Taken for 10 years or more June 10, 2020

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been taking sinemet for many years for restless legs (RLS) and it's the only thing that works. I developed severe RLS after having guillain barre syndrome. None of the home remedies have any effect at all. I have had to increase the dose over time and take a dose at 6pm, 8pm and when going to bed. This gets me thru the night. Sometimes I need to take in the day before a meeting or a long drive or flight etc..”

Hobbs · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “Diagnosed with PD at age 62. I am now 78. I take 8 capsules of Rytary 245 daily and supplement with carbidopa/levodopa 25/100 as needed. It is the best extender so far. I was getting too much dyskinesia from entacapone. The cost is very high with my medicare advantage plan. Over $500 per month my cost when in the drug coverage gap.”

brig May 24, 2020

For Parkinson's Disease: “I am currently 60 years old, and have had juvenile Onset Parkinson's since back in 1975. I started taking Carbidopa/Levodopa 25/100mg (instant release) 3X/day. Over the next 35 years, that dose slowly increased until I was taking around a massive dose a day , with significant off times. I also had debilitating dyskinesia, dystonia, and falls. So in the late 2000's my Neuro told me it was time to consider options. Like Deep brain stimulation (DBS)? So I gave in and had Bilateral subthalamic nucleus (STN) DBS. WOW! Yes, I have some newer speech issues. and more of a fall hazard than before. But, the old me was BACK, feeling great. I was able to cut my meds back down to 400mg of Carbidopa/Levodopa extended release per day. Today? I'm up to 800mg of Carbidopa/Levodopa extended release per day, plus 274mg of extended release Amantidine (Gocovri) but my DBS keeps my off times to an absolute minimum. I still have issues with Dyskinesia, Dystonia, and get a few hallucinations late at night from my Amantidine.”

da mutt · Taken for 10 years or more May 6, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “In 2001, I was diagnosed with RLS while participating in an overnight Sleep Lab to determine if I had Sleep Apnea. Good News / Bad News: No Sleep Apnea / YES to RLS. My doctor prescribed carbidopa/levodopa 25mg tablets 1 to 3 tablets every night before going to bed. It's worked every night (I take 75 mg) and I've never had one issue with RLS. In 2011, I returned to the Sleep Lab and this time they discovered a mild case of Sleep apneoa, prescribed a CPAP machine, but did not find a trace of RLS . My wife could not be happier: NO more RLS and NO more snoring.”

LeonaLyne · Taken for 10 years or more March 11, 2020

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've taken this med for over 30yrs. It works!”

Alma February 17, 2020

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “My 87 year old dad has had Parkinson's disease since 2014 he’s been on 25/100 Mg C/L 2 pills 2 x a day... then my dad’s left leg looked really weak like 3 wks ago and his neuro put him on Rytary 48.75 mg/195 2 pills 3 x a day. First dose he took at night (after his first 2 doses of CL- morning and mid afternoon) he was able to sleep all night and had more strength in his left leg. But 2 1/2 wks later he started hallucinating and seeing goats and people talking and hanging out the living room window. His stress level was up and he had the worst shakes. He was restless and little sleep. Neuro said to give him dose with food but my mom and my dad were exhausted of the hallucinations and little sleep. So we skipped his evening dose of Rytary and he slept all night till late morning and we gave him CL again and this time 2 pills 3 x a day. Still monitoring him to see how he does. I wonder if we can give him CL and then one dose of Rytary in evening??”

shrip · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 12, 2020

For Parkinson's Disease: “I've been on carbidopa/levodopa/dopamine for two years after being on Rasagaline /Azilect. I hate carbidopa/levodopa. I am always nauseated , I have gained weight I can't think and I am very depressed. I have told my neurologist this and the answer is well let's try adjusting the dosage. I have night sweats, nightmares and am always tired. Help”

cjdeangelo67 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 20, 2020

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “I've been taking Rytary for over two years now. I am on a high dosage and have tolerated it well. 4 capsules 4x a day, 36.25-145mg. I also take 100mg of Amantadine 3x a day to help with any dyskinesia.”

Gig · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2020

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “I never took illegal drugs but my experience was like I heard when people took LSD. I had horrid hallucinatory dreams, sweating depression, increased anger, lack of impulsive control, weight gain all within two weeks. Having parkinsons is better than the side effects I had with this drug”

DOLLIE · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 23, 2019

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “Rytary seems to work but I have morning nausea”

Jo Bob · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 22, 2019

For Parkinson's Disease: “I have been taking Sinemet for nearly two years. I do not have a tremor. The drug helps relieve muscle stiffness and pain and helps my balance somewhat. However, it does nothing to help my slow movements and weakness, my speech, insomnia, etc.”

andy · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 28, 2019

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “I have been using Rytary for a year. 1 pill 6 times a day. The past 2 months I have had hallucinations, falling asleep at breakfast and all during the day. Not able to function very well, falling asleep with hot or cold drinks in my hand and not knowing I was spilling liquid everywhere. The hallucinations are very real and vivid and frightening. Rytary is not helping me physically at all? Up until 2 months ago it was great and now it has turned against me!”

ctpritc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 21, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've been taking Ropinirole for RLS for several years, and it has worked well. Last year I started taking Sinemet 25/100 five times a day for Parkinson's, and, without knowing Sinemet was a treatment for RLS, I noticed that even if I didn't take Ropinirole some nights, I still didn't get restless legs. I started wondering if Sinemet was a treatment for RLS and just found out it is, although it doesn't work 100% of the time on its own.”

BC & "poncho" · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 28, 2019

For Parkinson's Disease: “Sinemet for fibromyalgia. My wife suffers from PD for over two years now. She is using Sinemet 25-100, every 4 hours. Mylan as our usual manufacturer; Sun Pharma at times. She also takes 1 Sinemet ER at night. They seem to work well and help her a lot. Only one brand so far, Activis, works very poorly for my wife. Her leg function drops off significantly on this brand. My wife has also suffered greatly from Fybromyalgia for 10-15 years; throughout her entire body. We were so distracted by her PD problems, that we failed to notice, until 1-2 months later, that all of her Fibromyalgia pain had disappeared completely. What a wonderful side benefit of the Sinemet. I guess we were due for something positive to happen for a change. This was 1-1/2 yrs. ago and no return of the Fibro whatsoever. Blessings to all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 27, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “This medication has completely rid me of my RLS. I've never in 12 years had to change the dosage and the RLS has never augmented. I can't imagine people living with RLS their whole lives without having any relief.”

IceQueen · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2018

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “I have been on this medication for 2.5 days. Within the first 6 hours. I had a profound change for better . I felt like I was no longer trying to move my body and mind through jello my mind is clearer and my body feels freer. I feel like I'm back! I am praying that this will continue!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2018

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “I took Sinemet for about a month, and while it lessened my uncoordinated hand movement, I fell into a very deep depression, and was having panic attacks. As soon as I stopped taking it, I was better.”

Woose March 19, 2018

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “It stops tremors in its tracks I know bc I have Parkinson’s like symptoms and about 4 years ago I had started the tremors or shakes and my ex wife now made an appointment for me with a neurologist and he had prescribed me sinemet 25/100s three times daily but I still had a little tremor in my hands so he added one more pill per day to my regimen of three per day to four per day and that’s when the tremors stopped completely!!!”

Paul Hubby · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2018

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “Since cutting my dosage of mirapexin which was causing me to sleep excessively and using sinemet I feel a lot better. I had also gained 12kilos while taking mirapexin which seemed to give me a sugar craving. I am not up to the full dose of sinemet yet but I am optimistic that I will lose the weight I have gained. Motor skills that I was told should return haven't as yet. Paul, 57, Sports Teacher. Brighton England”

Zigpa · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 15, 2018

Sinemet (carbidopa / levodopa) for Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've been taking 50mg of Sinemet for RLS every night, just before bed. While it reduces RLS, my wife still says I twitch. Side effects: cold feet, I have to wear socks at night and even during normal activities around the house. Lately, I've noticed forgetfulness, a listed side effect. Am thinking about switching medications. However, all RLS meds seem to have the same side effects. I may go to Gabapentin Enacarbil, or Horizant.”

Anonymous February 15, 2018

For Parkinson's Disease: “Do not take this if you have a history of depression. My brother was on for 4 days and became more depressed and suicidal. He is only 55 and never has been suicidal in the past.”

PIEVANS February 8, 2018

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've taken Sinemet for 15 years now for RLS. I've experienced no side effects. I actually take Mirapex at night which works well but find it wears off by the next afternoon. I take the Sinemet around lunchtime in order to carry me over until I take the Mirapex in the evening. The timing and combo work very well.”

Your Nickname · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 13, 2017

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “I've been on Rytary since 2015 and at times was on 5 pills 4 x a day of the 48.75-195 dosage. Partial neuroleptic seizures were a result, mild psychosis, paranoia, anxiety, mood swings, depression, dyskenisia dystonia, impulse control, sleeplesness, among others, all things I've dealt with at some point along the way. I'm now on 3 pills 5 times a day. With a small dose of 2mg artane in between 4 x a day. I have not been able to really lock down whatever makes it work. It is wildly inconsistent but when it's on it's on, and I get some normal time. Certain strains of medical marijuana help increase the efficacy of this drug. Kicks in sooner and can give me up to 6-7 hours of normal time. Instead of 1hr to kick in and 1-2 hrs normal time.”

No way Sinemet · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 31, 2017

Rytary (carbidopa / levodopa) for Parkinson's Disease: “My wife was placed on Rytary and was doing fine. We switched doctors, and she was taken off Rytary and was give Sinemet and she went down hill to the point we had to cancel a vacation. We switched her back to Rytary, and will not go back. If you have Parkinson's, try Rytary, you may do much better.”

Kansas Sebastian · Taken for 10 years or more October 10, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I've had RLS since a child. I began on Carbadopa in the 1990's, but I quickly became used to it, and was switched to Sinemet about 2000. It works well, with no side effects. I'm on a very low dose. Like many others here, timing is everything and there are many other factors to consider: - Take Sinemet at least 1/2 to 1 hour before you eat. - Eat early (so food digests before you go to bed). - Eat a light meal (heavy or spicy foods can amplify the symptoms of RLS). - Refrain from drinking liquids about a hour before bed. - Stress can aggravate RLS symptoms (try yoga or some other stress reduction activity). - Adjust the room temperature to be comfortable. - Maintain a healthy weight. - Exercise!!!”