User Reviews for Benztropine

Also known as: Cogentin

Learn more about Benztropine.

Extrapyramidal Reaction 13 reviews 68 medications

8.3
Parkinson's Disease 1 reviews 50 medications

Summary of Benztropine reviews 14 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Benztropine

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I took this for the side effects from seroquel This drug made me disoriented, confused, and forgetful. It also didn't help with my side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "First day taking it (2mg) and it helped amazingly with my akinesia. I can now take my Latuda without any fear. Should eat with food though, it will give you upset stomach if you don't."

Anonymous July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Parkinson's Disease: "Reduced my tremors but affected my ability to think, concentrate and speak."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I use to tacke morphine and I was addictit of it I went to the emergency the Dr precribe me this medication help me soooooooo much only 3 pills thats all I was perfect but now I try to withdraw the depression medicament I took 1mg I feel Super. I don't know in the future for now I am a young man again thank"

veha (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Using zyprexa (Schizo-affected) psychologist wanted to enhance effect, ordered abilify. Resuting in scanty urination & 24/7 tremors which were mistaken for epilepsy. Cogentin corrected all symptoms."

Chiliandrina May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I was prescribed 1mg 2 days ago to help with side effects I was having since increasing my Abilify to 10mg a day. The first day I could tell my restlessness and agitation had decreased by about 90%. Today is the 2nd day and I feel even better! Now I feel like the Abilify is actually working. I did not give 10 stars because I've had two side effects; dry mouth and blurry vision. I'm hoping as my body gets used to this medicine those side effects will dissipate."

amay88 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "The medication did take care of restlessness, and mild tremors caused by my bipolar and depression medication."

rubyredd December 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Absolutely the ONLY way I can take Latuda (life saving me for me) is by taking three small doses of Cogentin a day. I had excruciating muscle pain, a strange kind of dizziness, brain fog, and restlessness. I thought it could be some presentation of akasthisia. It was unbearable until I started Cogentin. Wonder if those with side effects are prescribed too high of a dose. I'm taking half of the .5 pill three times a day."

BipolarGrrl (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I have just started this medicine, 100mg, to help my tremors. (head to toe). I take 2 a day. So far, it is working. Even with the increase of mgs."

SusieJones (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Made withdrawals lots more tolerable. Took away my leg shakes almost instantly."

King27 August 8, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "This medicine worked. Took my akathesia away the moment I took it."

Eric3871 June 2, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "After 2 days of taking this I got blurred vision."

leopardeyes September 26, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Totally works every time. Gets rid of almost all restlessness and agitation."

Anonymous January 12, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "It helped me a lot with akathisia."

Anonymous August 24, 2009