User Reviews for Benztropine

Also known as: Cogentin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Benztropine.

Extrapyramidal Reaction
7.8

Parkinson's Disease

1 review 51 medications
Summary of Benztropine reviews 6.4 15 reviews

Reviews for Benztropine

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I literally took Cogentin for one day (0.5mgs twice a day) and I'm done with it. Was prescribed to help the restlessness and stiff muscles from Rexulti. My anxiety went through the roof along with throwing me into an awful, scary rage. I felt like I had turned into the female Hulk. Also caused my heart to pound like crazy and, I was shaking from head to toe. Had to take 5mg Zyprexa and 1mg Xanax together to calm me down just enough so I wasn't afraid of really going insane. Was an all around scary experience for me. Of course, this won't happen to everyone...just be careful."

BBP007 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I took this for the side effects from seroquel This drug made me disoriented, confused, and forgetful. It also didn't help with my side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "First day taking it (2mg) and it helped amazingly with my akinesia. I can now take my Latuda without any fear. Should eat with food though, it will give you upset stomach if you don't."

Anonymous July 21, 2017

For Parkinson's Disease: "Reduced my tremors but affected my ability to think, concentrate and speak."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I use to tacke morphine and I was addictit of it I went to the emergency the Dr precribe me this medication help me soooooooo much only 3 pills thats all I was perfect but now I try to withdraw the depression medicament I took 1mg I feel Super. I don't know in the future for now I am a young man again thank"

veha (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Using zyprexa (Schizo-affected) psychologist wanted to enhance effect, ordered abilify. Resuting in scanty urination & 24/7 tremors which were mistaken for epilepsy. Cogentin corrected all symptoms."

Chiliandrina May 22, 2016

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I was prescribed 1mg 2 days ago to help with side effects I was having since increasing my Abilify to 10mg a day. The first day I could tell my restlessness and agitation had decreased by about 90%. Today is the 2nd day and I feel even better! Now I feel like the Abilify is actually working. I did not give 10 stars because I've had two side effects; dry mouth and blurry vision. I'm hoping as my body gets used to this medicine those side effects will dissipate."

amay88 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "The medication did take care of restlessness, and mild tremors caused by my bipolar and depression medication."

rubyredd December 8, 2015

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Absolutely the ONLY way I can take Latuda (life saving me for me) is by taking three small doses of Cogentin a day. I had excruciating muscle pain, a strange kind of dizziness, brain fog, and restlessness. I thought it could be some presentation of akasthisia. It was unbearable until I started Cogentin. Wonder if those with side effects are prescribed too high of a dose. I'm taking half of the .5 pill three times a day."

BipolarGrrl (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2014

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I have just started this medicine, 100mg, to help my tremors. (head to toe). I take 2 a day. So far, it is working. Even with the increase of mgs."

SusieJones (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2014

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Made withdrawals lots more tolerable. Took away my leg shakes almost instantly."

King27 August 8, 2013

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "This medicine worked. Took my akathesia away the moment I took it."

Eric3871 June 2, 2013

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "After 2 days of taking this I got blurred vision."

leopardeyes September 26, 2010

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Totally works every time. Gets rid of almost all restlessness and agitation."

Anonymous January 12, 2010

Cogentin (benztropine) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "It helped me a lot with akathisia."

Anonymous August 24, 2009