User Reviews for Trihexyphenidyl

Also known as: Artane, Trihexane, Trihexy

Learn more about Trihexyphenidyl.

Extrapyramidal Reaction 7 reviews 67 medications

8.4
Parkinson's Disease 4 reviews 48 medications

3.8
Summary of Trihexyphenidyl reviews 11 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Trihexyphenidyl

For Parkinson's Disease: "I would sleep walk. Example: once I woke up putting on my tennis shoes to ho some where but I don't remember where. Another time I slept walk to my mother's room tonuse the bathroom though I was just in bed in my room that has a restroom. Talking in my sleep.Example: I sat up in bed as my husband was getting ready for work and asked him about going on our vacation but he said I was very irritated. Other times its just random thoughts or comments."

johnleah1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

Artane (trihexyphenidyl) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "i have athetoid spastic cp and when i was on it, it worked for a few years but it stopped working."

yunhee93 May 27, 2016

Artane (trihexyphenidyl) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Relieved neck spasms and akathisia from antipsychotics"

be2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

Artane (trihexyphenidyl) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I've started Artane to counteract the extrapyramidal effects of ziprazadone (generic Geodon). It works to relieve the muscle tremors and spasms."

Buderflyz (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2015

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Resolved akathisia from antipsychotics and antidepressants"

ew34 October 24, 2014

Artane (trihexyphenidyl) for Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Relieved muscle spasms caused by risperidone."

crw222 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2013

Artane (trihexyphenidyl) for Parkinson's Disease: "This drug made me stupid and depressed. Side effects included oral-facial dyskinesis, visual impairment, and weight gain."

Parkinson's patient October 28, 2013

For : "This has been very helpful with the pain I experience with muscle spasms. I do like the relief of stiffness I have everyday."

bbwme46 October 11, 2013

For Parkinson's Disease: "I was prescribed trihexyphenidyl for "break through" symptoms of Parkinson's Disease. If I am under stress, I have to use it on a daily basis. I have come to a point when I will feel worser symptoms coming on. If I take the medication the symptoms will last a few hours verses days."

susieratledge November 10, 2011

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "Inexpensive anti-cholinergic superior to benzotropine mesylate for extrapyramidal conditions. Including, but not limited to tremor, akathisia-(inability to sit still or restlessness) upwardly fixed stare, psuedo-parkinsonism, shuffling gait, akinesia. 1 mg usually suffices to start. No serious side effects noted. Some sensitivity to bright light/accommodation to heat related conditions including dry mouth."

Artane June 3, 2011

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "I was prescribed this medication after I started to twitch on the left side of my body from my toes to my face because of Abilify. I was prescribed 5mg a day and it caused extreme short term memory loss and clumsiness. After a few weeks taking it I started to get sick to my stomach and get a horrible headache. Now I take a quarter of a 5 mg tablet as needed and my doctor reduced my Abilify from 15mg to 2mg and I'm doing much better."

leopardeyes September 26, 2010

Artane (trihexyphenidyl) for Parkinson's Disease: "This is a low level medication. It was the first I received prior to moving upward to the Sinemet Family. It only controlled slight tremor of my hand."

Anonymous April 26, 2009