User Reviews for Trihexyphenidyl to treat Extrapyramidal Reaction

Also known as: Trihexy

Trihexyphenidyl has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Extrapyramidal Reaction. 56% of those users who reviewed Trihexyphenidyl reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Trihexyphenidyl Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Extrapyramidal Reaction.

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2020

“Severe short term memory loss and confusion. Hopefully after discontinued I get back to normal.”

Eima · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2020

“This trihexyphenidyl has been very helpful at 2mg dose to improve the akathisia I get from ziprasidone but it sometimes causes loss of short term memory”

Lucy · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 6, 2018

“I was taking lowest possible dose and after 4 yrs on the (1) daily dose was diagnosed with Short term memory loss-early onset dementia. Mayo Clinic was finally able to determine (after 2 other neurologists) that the cause was this medication. 6 months of being of it now and memory is fine/normal.”

leopardeyes September 26, 2010

“I was prescribed this medication after I started to twitch on the left side of my body from my toes to my face because of Abilify. I was prescribed 5mg a day and it caused extreme short term memory loss and clumsiness. After a few weeks taking it I started to get sick to my stomach and get a horrible headache. Now I take a quarter of a 5 mg tablet as needed and my doctor reduced my Abilify from 15mg to 2mg and I'm doing much better.”

Artane June 3, 2011

“Inexpensive anti-cholinergic superior to benzotropine mesylate for extrapyramidal conditions. Including, but not limited to tremor, akathisia-(inability to sit still or restlessness) upwardly fixed stare, psuedo-parkinsonism, shuffling gait, akinesia. 1 mg usually suffices to start. No serious side effects noted. Some sensitivity to bright light/accommodation to heat related conditions including dry mouth.”

be2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2015

Artane (trihexyphenidyl): “Relieved neck spasms and akathisia from antipsychotics”

Buderflyz · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2015

Artane (trihexyphenidyl): “I've started Artane to counteract the extrapyramidal effects of ziprazadone (generic Geodon). It works to relieve the muscle tremors and spasms.”

crw222 · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2013

Artane (trihexyphenidyl): “Relieved muscle spasms caused by risperidone.”

ew34 October 24, 2014

“Resolved akathisia from antipsychotics and antidepressants”

yunhee93 May 27, 2016

Artane (trihexyphenidyl): “i have athetoid spastic cp and when i was on it, it worked for a few years but it stopped working.”