User Reviews for Cabozantinib to treat Renal Cell Carcinoma

Also known as: Cabometyx, Cometriq

Cabozantinib has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Cabozantinib Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma.

Reviews for Cabozantinib

Wood · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 1, 2020

Cabometyx (cabozantinib): “I’ve been on cabometyx for three years now. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 renal cell carcinoma 6 years ago that had metastasized to the bone, lung and adrenal gland. I have done exceptionally well on cabometyx with only occasional side effects such as diarrhea, thinning hair, and tiredness. My tumors have not decreased in size but more importantly they have not grown. I am grateful that I, thus far have not experienced any pain and still have a wonderful appetite. All in all, I am thankful that six years after diagnosis, I am still here and still have quality of life. I am truly blessed.”

Dick · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 7, 2019

Cabometyx (cabozantinib): “Began treatment with 60mg Cabometyx. Side effects severe in some instances: foot pain to the point that I could barely walk, acid reflux, indigestion, loss of taste and appetite. The obvious result was I lost about 50 lbs in about six months. Not a pleasant experience; however, we reduced the dosage to 20mg. Appetite returned, along with taste; no acid reflux, minor indigestion, no foot problems. Now starting with alternating 40mg/20mg daily. My remaining kidney has small cysts but have shown no issues. Nodules in my lungs remain small. I am now into my 16th month with the drug and have learned to live with it by isolating taking it in the middle of the night far removed time-wise from eating anything. I concentrate on alkaline foods to decrease acidity. Gained back 20+lbs and feel normal but with some minor foot issues. The drug appears to be doing what it is supposed to be doing, with only minor inconveniences. Good support from Oncologist and staff helps.”

Larry's wife · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2019

Cabometyx (cabozantinib): “My husband has been on this drug for over 2 years. It has kept the tumor from growing and has kept the mets from increasing as well. He fell and broke his femur and they took him off it about 3 weeks, now he has to have the entire hip joint replaced because the femur did not heal together on the rod they inserted into his bone. So he will be off of it again. We shall see the next scan to see if this off and on is going to let it do it's job.”

Jeff C · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

“I’ve been on treatment now for 12 weeks 60 mg. Side effects have been as expected. Fortunately mild in comparison to the reviews I’ve read above. I’m receiving this treatment and also receiving a immunotherapy infusion every three weeks. The results have been very positive over such a short time. I had a 10.5cm mass on my shoulder that just melted away after 6 weeks. The other lesions and tumors have all continued to shrinks. ”

Jake · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2020

Cabometyx (cabozantinib): “I have been on this drug Cabometyx for 12 months. It’s doing what is suppose to do but after 11 months I started to max on toxicity. Tried to drop dosage down to 40mg but didn’t work well Symptoms for me were severe body acne including scalp, tiredness, mouth ulcers. No problem with upset stomach, diarrhea, weakness in joints. Tried some other inhibitor like inlyta and IL2 but side effects were too much and results of scan were not very positive”

Miss him already September 4, 2018

“My husband was on 60 mg Cabozantinib for about 7 weeks with limited side effects. His blood pressure was stable and fatigue was minimal. He did not have much mouth sensitivity or hand/foot soreness. During this time, he felt better and stronger than he had in a long time. This did not last. One of the serious side effects of this drug is internal bleeding. Last week, my husband died of a sudden internal pulmonary hemorrhage. It is impossible to know why this happened, however, I feel it is important to share his experience.”

Prarie Dog Man · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2018

Cabometyx (cabozantinib): “Mixed results on multiple mets, some higher ratings while some lower on SUV. No further progression following 4 months of therapy. Major side effects diarrhea and minor increase in blood pressure.”

Kea · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2018

“I just started. I have been on 60mg once a day around the 19th day I realized my vision became very blurred My hands and feet were numb I had to walk on my tippy toes because my feet was burning and blistered - just horrible, I have experienced shortness of breath and headaches my bp at the ER was 225/112, my dr stopped it for a week I really don't want to get back on”

Drop Bear · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 26, 2021

“I started on this drug 16 months ago (60MG) and while it made significant changes in the size of the tumours I had to cease taking the drug after 3 months due to the side effects. I was unable to eat hot, cold or spicy food and had severe blistering on my feet. Also some sleep issues. Now on 40mg (12 months) dose which results in the same side effects but now working on length of time I can take it without side effects. 6weeks with 1 week break.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 31, 2021

Cabometyx (cabozantinib): “I have been taking cabometyx for the last seven months very mild side effects. Oh no sign of the tumor in my lung. Thank God.”

Learn more about Renal Cell Carcinoma