User Reviews for Cabometyx

Cabometyx has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Renal Cell Carcinoma
8.5

Wood · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 1, 2020

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I’ve been on cabometyx for three years now. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 renal cell carcinoma 6 years ago that had metastasized to the bone, lung and adrenal gland. I have done exceptionally well on cabometyx with only occasional side effects such as diarrhea, thinning hair, and tiredness. My tumors have not decreased in size but more importantly they have not grown. I am grateful that I, thus far have not experienced any pain and still have a wonderful appetite. All in all, I am thankful that six years after diagnosis, I am still here and still have quality of life. I am truly blessed."

Dick · Taken for 1 to 2 years · September 7, 2019

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Began treatment with 60mg Cabometyx. Side effects severe in some instances: foot pain to the point that I could barely walk, acid reflux, indigestion, loss of taste and appetite. The obvious result was I lost about 50 lbs in about six months. Not a pleasant experience; however, we reduced the dosage to 20mg. Appetite returned, along with taste; no acid reflux, minor indigestion, no foot problems. Now starting with alternating 40mg/20mg daily. My remaining kidney has small cysts but have shown no issues. Nodules in my lungs remain small. I am now into my 16th month with the drug and have learned to live with it by isolating taking it in the middle of the night far removed time-wise from eating anything. I concentrate on alkaline foods to decrease acidity. Gained back 20+lbs and feel normal but with some minor foot issues. The drug appears to be doing what it is supposed to be doing, with only minor inconveniences. Good support from Oncologist and staff helps."

TDM · Taken for less than 1 month · March 31, 2022

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I just started on Cabometyx this morning & was pretty scared, until I found this site. The reviews gave me so much hope! I have stage 4 renal cancer & after brain metastasis my treatment with immunotherapy changed to this med. I will report back after a while."

Larry's wife · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 5, 2019

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "My husband has been on this drug for over 2 years. It has kept the tumor from growing and has kept the mets from increasing as well. He fell and broke his femur and they took him off it about 3 weeks, now he has to have the entire hip joint replaced because the femur did not heal together on the rod they inserted into his bone. So he will be off of it again. We shall see the next scan to see if this off and on is going to let it do it's job."

Jake · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · June 3, 2020

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I have been on this drug Cabometyx for 12 months. It’s doing what is suppose to do but after 11 months I started to max on toxicity. Tried to drop dosage down to 40mg but didn’t work well Symptoms for me were severe body acne including scalp, tiredness, mouth ulcers. No problem with upset stomach, diarrhea, weakness in joints. Tried some other inhibitor like inlyta and IL2 but side effects were too much and results of scan were not very positive"

Prarie Dog Man · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 31, 2018

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Mixed results on multiple mets, some higher ratings while some lower on SUV. No further progression following 4 months of therapy. Major side effects diarrhea and minor increase in blood pressure."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 31, 2021

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I have been taking cabometyx for the last seven months very mild side effects. Oh no sign of the tumor in my lung. Thank God."