Does Cabometyx (cabozantinib) cure cancer?
Medically reviewed by N. France, BPharm. Last updated on Feb 28, 2021.
- Advanced renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer)
- Advanced renal cell carcinoma, as a first-line treatment in combination with nivolumab (Opdivo)
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) in people who have previously been treated with sorafenib (Nexavar)
Cabometyx is used to delay the progression of cancer and increase the length of time a person with cancer survives for. How effective Cabometyx is at doing this depends on the type of cancer a person has and how advanced it is.
Patients on Cabometyx typically keep taking it until their cancer progresses or they have to stop because of side effects or adverse reactions.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Cabometyx. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2021/208692s010lbl.pdf. [Accessed March 1, 2021].
Related Medical Questions
- Is Cabometyx a chemotherapy drug?
- How does Cabometyx work?
- How long do you take Cabometyx for?
- What is the success rate of Cabometyx (cabozantinib)?
- What is the difference between Cabometyx and Cometriq?