What is the difference between Cabometyx and Cometriq?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 11, 2019.
Cometriq and Cabometyx are both kinase inhibitors with the generic name cabozantinib. However, they are used to treat different conditions. Cometriq is used to treat thyroid cancer that has spread to other parts of the body. Cabometyx is approved to treat kidney cancer.
Cometriq is taken by mouth and given as an oral capsule. Cabometyx comes as a tablet.
Cabometyx tablets must not be substituted for the capsule form of cabozantinib (Cometriq), which is a different formulation approved for the treatment of medullary thyroid cancer.
Related Medical Questions
- How long do you take Cabometyx (cabozantinib) for?
- How does Cabometyx (cabozantinib) work?
- Is Cabometyx (cabozantinib) a chemotherapy drug?
- How long does Opdivo prolong life and what’s its success rate?
- What is the success rate of Keytruda?
- How long does Opdivo (nivolumab) take to work and how do you know if it is working?
- What is the difference between Opdivo and Keytruda?