User Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Also known as: Rexulti

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Brexpiprazole.

Depression
7.3

Major Depressive Disorder
6.4

Schizophrenia

Summary of Brexpiprazole reviews 6.6 129 reviews

Reviews for Brexpiprazole

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have Complex PTSD. I took the Gene Sight test (DNA test to determine drugs to avoid and drugs with least chance of side effects). It took me three months to get up to 40MG of Prozac because of the side effect (GI, heightened anxiety every time dose was raised, resolved). This is the second day I have taken Rexulti .25MG. I feel like I am on dope (spaced out) and my BP is persistently 140/90 plus with a resting heart rate of 57. Also: manufacturer warns it will raise cholesterol levels and mine are already 239. Even with the Gene Sight test. I can't get a break. Will not take this drug, looking for another recommendation from P. Dr. and Cardiologist, together."

Ellzeena (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I got a new psychiatrist and he put me on this medication after I lost a family member. I was sad but not depressed. Anyways, I had severe twitching in my feet and hands. Also, I felt too shy to talk to people. I also gained 15 pounds. I had vivid nightmares, and have been off it for a week but the nightmares continue."

Eene (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Rexulti for over 8 months. At first, I started feeling better than I've felt in years. I had more energy, laughing more, and generally felt like I was having a better quality of life. Then I started to have anxiety and felt on edge. I feel like I could go postal on anyone. I've said and done things that I would have never done before. I have bad thoughts and have become just so down. I have decided to stop Rexulti. I'd rather be depressed than feel as though I have lost control over myself."

Depressed1978 November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This stuff works - simply amazing. I've been struggling with MDD for over two years and .5mg Rexulti got me moving again, slowly moved up to 2mg with my 150mg of venlafaxine. Amazing. Only complaint is the weight gain. I do have some anxiety but that is controlled well with lorazepam and diazepam."

unoriginal (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Used for MDD and anxiety in conjunction with 40mg Prozac. Lifted me out of depression only taking 0.5 mg initially made me sleepy but felt like a miracle drug. Told my doctor I never realized I could feel this happy. Problem is I’ve gained almost 40lbs and so now my doctor is looking to take me off of it and try trintellix. Hoping I can actually start losing weight I’ve never had an issue with weight my whole life I’ve always been around 120 in the first 3 months I gained ten lbs and I’m now another 30 in the last 6 months. Scared to be depressed and anxious again but we will see. I’ve gone up 3 sizes in all my clothing. To be happy or to be heavy is my choice right now."

Hollii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have tried everything, rexulti was the only medicine to totally alleviate my chronic depression. Only side effect is vivid dreams and needing less sleep which is perfect if you work a lot!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "My experience with Rexulti has been a good one. At first, I had some anxiety, then that went away. No evil voices, no paranoia or suspicion. It has been the best experience so far with any antipsychotic I've taken. I am also experiencing more energy."

crazylady2017 (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I’ve taken just about every drug on the market for all phases of Bipolar. Rexulti worked great for me during the depressive phase along with viibryd and lamictal. Only problem was I had to take 6mg. Luckily I have a great psychiatrist that went to bat for me to get my insurance to cover that dose. Unlike most antipsychotics I’ve tried, it never caused any movement disorders. Great drug except for the price."

Syd1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Added 1 mg to my Effexor 150 mg for depression and anxiety. This is helping but have major joint and body aches with weight gain and stomach bloating. Also OCD is worse Don't know if can stay on this due to these side effects. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "IT WORKS!! I can control my emotions. However, I am packing on the pounds like you would not believe and am having trouble sleeping at night."

RX222888 October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve taking Rexulti for two weeks as an add on to Vibryd. So far so excellent! Depression is gone, I have no words to express how good I feel. I only hope this medicine doesn’t stop working. My life went from black and white to color."

SayNOtoDepression October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I am on week 4 of Rexulti . I have to say it has gotten me up and on my feet. Unfortunately it has made my anxiety so bad I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff trying to decide which way to turn to stop the discomfort. I have chest pain and just a general unease. No way to relax so I will be stopping this medication as off today."

Papppiii October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Bad. Feel restless and have anxiety attacks, also gaining weight. Have no energy and have to drink 3-4 cups of coffee every day just to stay awake and not crash my car driving to work. For me, not a good med. Tried Abilify, Seroquel, and Depakote in the past for anger and irritability and those are as bad if not worse than the Rexulti. Been on 20mg Lexapro for anxiety, depression, and Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) for about 10 years, but it's not working very well any more. Doctor suggested Latuda, going to try that next."

Mandi611 October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "MDD/ADD/ANXIETY. I take Cymbalta/Concerta and we just added Rexulti/Xanax for anxiety. While taking the starter pack, it seemed to help a lot. I was restless with sleeping. After getting to 1mg, my world changed. For the worse.... My anxiety quadrupled. OCD was rampant! (Although my house was cleaner, I was beyond stressed out.) I had excessive guilt over ridiculous things. I cried many times because I couldn't de-stress without self medicating with alcohol. My impulsivity was out of control! I called my doctor and he said to stop taking it. I'm day two of off of it and I am officially exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open and all I want to do is sleep."

Fretesa (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Really noted a mood lift by day 4... I am now taking week 3 and the RX.. it seems to not be as effective. (Today is day 4 of week 3) This is certainly a change. I am here online to ascertain if there maybe some differences in the manufacturer etc. As I am very disappointed. I'm at 2 mg."

Tutlrnr (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti has been my worst nightmare. I'm 48. Crying everyday, inability to carry out everyday responsibilities and far worse super depressed. I've never been like this before . I just felt so much emotional pain. My husband called my doctor, and we suspect Rexulti. I'm off one day and the super lows have diminished. Four more days and it should be completely out of my system. Going back to Abilify. It's not perfect, but it doesn't take me to those super lows ."

Dls946 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This drug has been a major miracle drug for my 18 year old son with Autism spectrum disorder (ASD). He had been experiencing what I believe was a major depressive disorder for over 3 years. He stopped doing the things he once loved, he was angry, oppositional, anxious, OCD and stopped eating-he went from 169lbs to 108lbs. I believe he wanted to die. We treated his auto immune disorder with something called Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) and started on .5 mg of Rexulti about 4 months ago. Every one of of his symptoms is almost completely gone. I attribute a lot of the improvements to this drug. He is doing all of the things he once loved and more. Simply amazing!!"

MelissaJoy September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I feel "checked out". I'm on week 3 and just can't get over the feeling of staring into space. Asking for new Med today."

Jrw1427 September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Hi, I take Effexor 150mg for my depression & anxiety but if you know effexor its really only for anxiety, so we tried Effexor WITH Rexulti. Rexulti really takes care of depression where effexor doesn't. I started on .5mg for two weeks and then went up to 1 mg for three weeks, which I'm at now, and then I'm going up to 2mg in the next few days. It really helps with depression. I'm always on my feet, all day, always doing something, and I don't even care. It's not a big deal, even. I just do things. It's so cool, I've been apathetic my whole life, and now it's changed. There are side effects, I get headaches and every time I go up a dose, I have huge mood swings for a few days while my body adjusts. But thats okay. Awesome medication."

kirt1111111 August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I've been trying different combinations of medicines for a good 6 years. I was put on Trintellex about a year ago, and that helped some, but my depression was still disabling. Recently, I went to my psychiatrist and asked for a change in medication. She decided to add rexulti as an add-on to my Trintellex. The result has been phenomenal. I feel better than I have in years. I have more energy, I'm less anxious, and I've been able to leave my house without feeling overhelmed at all. This medicine has is working VERY well for me."

WR2496 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Will be starting med tomorrow? Dr. suggested this med but I am skeptical because Abilify gave me akathisia! I hope Rexulti works for me. I am also quite surprised how quickly it works for many people. Instead of weeks, it usually works in days. Looking for a good med!"

Johnnyboy4566 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Rexulti is a terrible medication. Didn't seem to work at all and made me gain about 25 lbs. At 32 my metabolism isn't quite as quick as it once was so I'm having trouble getting the weight off. Only been off the medication for a couple weeks. My doctor changed me over to Seroquel per my request.As long as I am not overly sedated or have weight issues Seroquel is fine with me. I know many do not like it for the side effects and overall sedation. I feel like Rexulti slowed down my metabolism because I cannot explain the excessive weight gain over such a short period. It's a newer drug so we do not know much about it. Whatever the case, don't take the stuff. It doesn't work anyways."

StreetDoc85 August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Rexulti for 2 weeks. I also take 150mg of Zoloft, 200 mg Trazadone, 30mg vyvanse and xanax ER. I have more energy, I can actually leave the house now, I laugh and don't worry as much. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because of some slight nausea, headaches and my tinnitus has gotten worse. Hopefully those things will go away soon "

Blessed00 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Started this medication about 4-5 weeks ago. I'm on 1 mg. It's an add on to my Viibryd 60mg and Buproprion SR 200 mg. This pill has really worked great for me. It's given me energy and the motivation I need to get stuff done. My family has noticed the difference. On the downside is that I am restless and it's given me a bit of insomnia. My doc told me we can solve that by taking the dose as soon as I wake up. I start that tomorrow am. It's also made me want to night binge eat snacks more than ever. But I've learned my lesson with past medications and make sure never to have snacks available at home. So far so good. I'm making progress with my medication, psychiatrist, and psychologist. I have hope."

eyedepressed (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I actually have Bipolar Disorder (mainly mania). The first 2 weeks of Rexulti were rough because I got tons of restlessness and akathisia. I stopped for 3 days and restarted at 0.5mg. Each week increased by 0.5mg until I got to 2mg. No problems with restlessness. I am on Lithium as well, but before the addition of Rexulti I was not doing that great with respect to bipolar cycling into mania. I have been stable since the start of Rexulti with the exception of 4 days where I was depressed/mixed, but this is because I stopped my meds for a few daysIt gives me slight increased in motivation and better time-management, which really surprised me given my past experiences with AAPs. My mood if definitely more stable and I am not suffering the highs that come with mania"

Mmaryland July 17, 2017