User Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Also known as: Rexulti

Learn more about Brexpiprazole.

Depression 16 reviews 79 medications

7.6
Major Depressive Disorder 69 reviews 46 medications

6.5
Schizophrenia 11 reviews 42 medications

5.3
Summary of Brexpiprazole reviews 96 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "for the first week I took this, I had some nausea and very intense sleepiness that made me take one and even 2 naps during the day. But I changed the time of day I took it and that seemed to help. For the first month I was sooo happy, and a lot less delusional. I'm not quite sure where it all went wrong. Now, my delusions have worsened, I've developed an intense phobia of driving and being in a car in general. I have many intrusive thoughts and honestly I'm considering stopping it. Which sucks because it worked there for awhile. I wouldn't say don't take this medicine, but pay attention to your body and be wary of any anxiety you're experiencing and talk to your doctor to get a handle on it before it gets out of hand."

Suzanne L June 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti has given me back my normal life . I have been on Effexor for 5 yrs & it stopped working as well , my anxiety had started to sky rocket . my Psych. added this 1mg a day and within 3 day I could feel a difference . Within 5 days I could fall asleep guickly again , I woke @ 8:30 am after sleeping 8.5 hrs instead of 12 . I have accomplished more in 2 hrs this am than I have for a month. I am relaxed, anxiety is almost gone & it does not make you feel like you are speeding . The only side affect I had was some loose bowels the first 3 days , now all is fine . SOOOOO glad this work , I was afraid that I would have to get my meds changed . It feels nice to be living my life again ."

LILLIann20 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "So I was taking Rexulti for about 4 months and I had to get taken off it. When I first started taking it I felt so much better I thought hey this will work but nope. After a month I started having slight anxiety and when my doctor increased the Rexulti the anxiety got worse to the point where I couldn't drive at all because I was so scared of getting into an accident or my car suddenly stopping in the middle of the road. When I woke up in the morning during the week when my dad had already gone to work I had to check every room in the house to make sure no one had gone inside, and when I had to go into a dark room by myself I was scared that someone was around the corner ready to kill me. I'm off it and the anxiety is less but not gone."

Cinn Marie May 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Like Abilify, this drug makes me feel more like my old self and much, much less depressed. However, like Abilify, I've gained nearly 30 pounds, my diabetes came back, higher blood pressure, swelling of legs/ankles and total inability to sleep through a night. For health reasons once again I have to get off of a great anti-depressant and go back to having daily suicidal ideations and suffer. I hate the either/or. I've been putting it off but I will die of a stroke or heat attack for sure and never see my fifties if I stay on. Average bp: 180/110-120. Pre Abilify and Rexulti: 140/85-90. Still high but not having my PCP call an ambulance every time for a routine check up to go to the ER to quickly lower my bp. UGH."

reb1968 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've taken several antidepressants, and had restlessness with Abilify. Now I'm taking Wellbutrin and Rexulti (1mg) and I feel wonderful. I feel like my old self again. I'm thirty years old and haven't felt this good since I was probably 19. Really good med. No side effects so far."

Happy_girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Very dizzy and lightheaded and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Don't get prescribed this medication. Also I feel groggy and sleepy."

johnsmith00000000000 May 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Rexulti for a little over 2 months. I started on 0.5 mg the first week and moved up to 1.0 mg the second week. I am taking it as an add-on to my Lexapro 40mgs for MDD. My depression was almost immediately better, but by the second week my anxiety was HORRIBLE!! I began getting sores in my mouth from the constant movement of my tongue. It's uncontrollable, as is the eye blinking. I stay tired from my body being tense 24/7. My Dr took my dosage down to 0.5 mg and increased my Ativan but I'm still not doing any better. I'm fixing to stop it completely. I pray that the issues with my tongue and eyes will go away once I stop taking it."

Harley**57 April 27, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I would give this drug a 10 if it didn't make me gain a little weight. I have had depression my whole life and also have ADD and OCD. It seems to be helping with my depression AND my OCD. I am not taking any other anti-depressants and maybe that is the key. I know it's supposed to be an add on, but my Dr. said I could take it alone. I am also taking Sam e which only helps a bit. I have been taking Rexulti for only about a month. It started working after only a few days and I hope it doesn't stop working. I have taken so many other anti depressants all with side effects or they only worked for a while. I have even had Trans cranial Magnetic Stimulation and it didn't work for me. :("

Doone2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Great experience going from abilify to rexulti although abilify did me a tad better."

Danielle76 March 20, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on rexulti for about a year. a lifesaver!! I'm no longer stricken by depression and doomed with sadness and unmotivated. Rexulti has given me life back and I actually want to leave the house and do things. great medication, not for everyone tho. I also did gain 30 pounds. only downside"

ram ram tom ram March 16, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "So far I've been loving the way this med has effected my depression and anxiety! It's helping me function normally. Things have gotten a lot better since taking rexulti and I highly recommend it to anyone struggling with MDD. I can only hope it continues to work for me! I've had some minor side effects, but nothing terrible."

Gmarie365 March 7, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "I am not sure how many months I have been on this medication, but while I have been on it I have managed to gain almost 10 pounds. I do not feel like I over-eat either. The weight just seems to pile on. I feel incredibly sleepy during the day. So much so that on most days I take a long nap. I have very little energy. My stomach seems to bloat out more. Otherwise I seem to be doing just fine, both mentally and physically. So if you don't mind being fat, lazy, and lifeless; but not crazy; this might just be the drug for you!"

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Hi, I was taking this drug for depression. While on this drug a few weeks I suffered a T I A... A small stroke. I was also on medication for high blood pressure, thyroid , cholesterol and depression and a pain medication After my T I A , I am on aspirin, plus a blood thinner, nerve pain, and a higher dose of my blood pressure pill. Has any one else had a stroke on this medication"

Roezilla (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Have been dealing on a daily basis with a chronic low grade anxiety and lethargy / tiredness"

Playoutdoors (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Has anyone gained weight on this"

gatorgirl61 February 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "If you have any anxiety, do NOT take Rexulti! I had very severe panic attacks so Bad that I had to go to the ER. And they will not go away unless you go to the ER. One day I had 5 attacks back to back with my 15 yr old begging me to call an ambulance. They would not stop happening! My jaw would lock up, I felt like I couldn't breathe, and felt like I was dying. Nothing I did at home would stop them. Was a terrifying experience!!"

drod1981 February 1, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Started and have stayed on the very lowest mg. of Rexulti.( for roughly four months) Almost immediately I felt so much better, and as the days went on, I felt "alive" again. Did have an issue with hot flashes, but it didn't last long. My Pdoc is trying to see if I can get a reduction on the cost of this med. Hope he can, because if not, I have no other med that works for me, and it's back to doomsville again. I have D.I.D., PTSD; anxiety, and panic disorder. This drug really keeps me focused, and on an even emotional keel. Very pleased."

squididly face January 17, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "First couple weeks were good but after that had a lot of nervous energy and a lot of waking up thoroughout the night. About a month in a began having intrusive thoughts and had to be hospitalized. They took me off the Rexulti and the intrusive thoughts went away after about two days."

Sharlynn123 January 5, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "I was taking this for ADD .right now I had to stop taking it the doc was giving me samples n I ran out waiting for my insurance co to give the ok . This med has changed my life. My thinking is very scattered like there's a radio on in my head. It's like the rexulti shut the radio off I can think so clear. My thinking is not jumping around When I am on it.I look forward to things Not bored. Want to try new things. Organizing comes so easy"

Donna mar December 29, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "The only side effects I have after 2 weeks of this drug is confusion. It has greatly improved my depression."

Ms. Bella December 12, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Can't say this med is helping after about 6 weeks. On 2mg daily, went off my Effexor XR I was on for over 10 years. I take 200mg Trazadone at bedtime and have for years and always slept fine. Nothing has helped the Schizo or major depression in all my adult life. This Rexulti? I have not slept one night since starting it! I go to sleep, then wake up in like an hour or two and am wide awake until my alarm clock goes off in the morning. What scares me is that I am like a zombie. A very tired zombie. Ugh"

sleepless in ohio (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was severely depressed for several months. My Dr. Tried everything that I could tolerate. I am on Trintellix & Klonopin. I started on the sample pack up to 1 mg. I snapped out of the hard depression within 10 days. I felt super. I talked Dr. in to an increase to 2 mg. I was irritable and nervous. I went back on 1 mg. and was back to my happy self. I would highly recommend Rexulti to anyone with hard to treat depression. This medication gets a full 10."

Ala5000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have MDD severe/recurrent, gen anx w/a big social element, ADD & intrusive thoughts. I was about ready to go to an inpatient facility until my doc prescribed Rexulti. While still on the starter pack, I noticed significant improvement. I also take Effexor&Klonopin. (Ritilan for the ADD) I have mixed feelings about the side effects. I was super morbidly obese and lost 1/2 of my body weight. The weight-gain, up at 3-3:30 am and severe am dizziness are starting to wear me out. My doc says no more than 6 months but I have gained 7lbs in 3 weeks so I am not sure I want to see how much I will gain over the next 5 1/2 months...but, I was 1st diagnosed at 16, now 44 & I will say this drug is a lifesaver. Discount card program makes it 0.00!"

Charisma72 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was put on half a mg for a week, then titrated to 1 mg. Everything was cool until about the 3rd or 4th wk I started feeling overhwelmed and ridiculously tired to where I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then it progrogressed to full blown anxiety in my POV. I never thought it could be rexulti until I finally saw my doc who took me off straight away after seeing how anxious I was. I can hardly deal with my son or life. He sadly has to calm himself as noise and lots of energy around me exascerbate my anxiety. I've been completely off for a day but I'm wondering how long it will be before I'm not anxious. I hope not the 2-4 weeks my doc said. I can't keep living with all this anxiety and tiredness and wanting to cry all the time."

Kiara ranae November 15, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have had mdd for over 50 years and have been on nearly every anti-depressant and booster out there. I have a really fast metabolism, I only started on rexulti 3 weeks ago but I swear I started at zero and I'm now at least at 9! Great stuff!!!"

winter53 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016