User Reviews for Brexpiprazole

5.6

Summary of Brexpiprazole reviews 6.4 237 reviews

Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Deco · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Glad it helps some people but not for me. Gained almost ten pounds in three weeks- made eating feel like a compulsion that was never satisfied. Tried one more week to see if any positive results with it would show up, but never noticed any."

Angie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Was put on Rexulti to help with the Wellbutrin I’m on and Pristiq. I wasn’t happy to be prescribed this medication after looking at the side effects. My psychiatrist said that she will run a cholesterol panel to make sure that it’s not going up. Unfortunately after I started taking this medication I felt floating head (if that makes sense). I was almost falling asleep at the wheel driving around 4pm-7pm. I should not be this tired. At this time at all. It’s never happened to me before. I stopped taking it and I’ll be asking my doctor for a different prescription. I will be doing my research."

Shell · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "My daughter was taking abilify for 6 yrs and they switched her to this drug Rexulti because they said it had less weight gain issues. At first it work great for about 8 weeks then just stopped working. She developed hiccups on and off with this med and her body temperature was going hit and cold she then became very confused and could not focus then extremely depressed and I took her to the emergency room where 16 hrs later she had a grand mal seizure. Don’t take this Med I don’t think they’ve done enough research on it and it is still to new. My daughter was in the hospital 2 1/2 weeks and still is unable to think properly or focus on anything and still experiencing hiccups on and off now. I hope and pray she recovers. She was in college getting straight A’s before this."

Lisa June 20, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Well I just started taking this Rexulti yesterday June 19, today is June the 20. Before starting this I was on the verge of committing suicide and since I had 2 pills rexulti I no longer want to die. It is a okay pill. I hope I don't gain weight I'm 290lb I'm trying to go on diet I will give another review in December 2019."

Genesis11 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 17, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I was prescribed Rexulti as an add on medication to several other antidepressants that I had been taking for several years. The other medications worked wonderfully for about 4 years but then I began to experience some relapse of depression and anxiety symptoms. and that is when my doc recommended I start on Rexulti. She started me on a low dose of .25mg/day and slowly worked up to the target dose of 2mg/day. It worked quickly (within 7 days) and I started to feel much better. It wiped out the depression and anxiety and I felt so normal and able to handle life. No side effects for me. I can still experience a normal range of emotions too."

Gradstudent048 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 13, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Update from my last post on July 5, 2018. Things are still going well but I have now gained 30 pounds within the past year of being on Rexulti. It has almost spiralled me back into a depression gaining so much weight, as body image was something that made me anxious and depressed already. Just wanted to give an update because I hadn’t seen anyone else mention the weight gain."

Birdy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti is great as in treating my major depression, anxiety and PTSD. However, I am coming off it because I have been suffering from many side effects that I can't cope. I sleep 15-18 hours a day when I am on 1mg only and then I am 50% awake for the rest of the day, too sleepy to do anything. So here is a list of the side effects that I am experiencing: 1. Blurred vision 2. Hypertension 3. High cholesterol 4. Fatigue 5. Oversleeping No weight gain for me because I only get a chance to eat dinner due to oversleeping."

Anonymous June 4, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My doctor gave me a starter pack of Rexulti in lieu of my anti depressant (Viibryd) I am diagnosed with depression, bipolar, and anxiety. I was only on this for two days. The first day I was out of it, not clear headed, out of body experience, I was speaking slow, slurring, forgetful, anxious. That night I was up all night, couldn’t sleep. Racing thoughts. Restless. The next day my mind felt foggy. That night I was out of body experience that I felt I was in a black hole, I had panic attack, paranoia, hallucinations, racing heart. Never going on this again"

Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Self hatred, lack of family interaction improved positively. Experiencing some side effects of restless, but I am aware of the period of time for the body to adapt. My family doctor is closely monitoring me."

kris May 17, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Hello! I am and 18 year old girl and I have a hell of a story. I was put on zoloft for a long time - maybe 3 years, so I started when I was 15 years old which was when I was diagnosed with depression. 3 years went by and I started getting worse and worse. They misdiagnosed me - I really had bipolar disorder so they then took me off the Zoloft cold turkey. Then they put me on Latuda and Lamictal. Latuda made me throw up 30 minutes after taking it, plus it didn't work. The lamictal did help my mood though, so they took me off Latuda. I felt so hopeless. That was until about a month and a half ago, when I was put on Rexulti and within a day of taking it, I felt so much better. No joke, this Rexulti is a miracle drug, everything has been so much better. It helps me feel balanced and I don't have severe episodes. It really calmed me down and made me happier. My only complaint is that I had a big appetite within the first two days of taking it. To those searching for a prescription that works- PLEASE at least TRY rexulti."

Anonymous May 16, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti was very effective as far as helping pull me out of the dark hole that I was in, however the weight gain has been detrimental to my self esteem and caused me extreme frustration. For that reason and because I feel like this medication has made me very fatigued I’m coming off it. I have a huge fat bloated flabby stomach now and no matter how strict I diet I can not budge any of the weight. I have never experienced weight gain from a medication like this. To be clear I’m being completely honest about my diet. I’m not over eating I maintain a low carb high protein diet around 1500 calories a day and I weigh 200 lbs!!! I was in extremely good shape before and now I’m just a fat swollen blob. I get puffiness in my face and I feel unrecognizable. There is definitely some kind of fat storing and retention of water caused by this drug. I think this is a horrible medication because of this awful side effect. Anyone going thru depression certainly doesn’t need to be excessively fat."

Beloved · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "This medicine is hard to rate. While taking it, I had never felt better. Seriously, my depression was gone, I felt like getting out again. I felt like I had my life back, BUT I began having cravings like I had never had before. I was eating uncontrollably. I was getting up in the middle of the night to eat. I have never had this behavior before and I'm in my 40's. In the past, if I began gaining weight, I immediately talked to the doctor and had my medication switched. However, this time, I was conflicted. The way I felt taking Rexulti felt like a miracle and I hated the idea of quitting, until.....I gained 70lbs!! I even gained 20 lbs in 3 days. I finally felt I had no choice but to stop Rexulti. I've been miserable for almost two years now. I've recently lost 23 lbs, but it has been so difficult. If I could go back, I would have switched after the first 10 lbs!! Sometimes, it feels like a no win situation. I'm committed to losing weight. I've got to do this!"

Saysay · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "I was on zyprexa for 9 years no issues them. I had Tardive dyskinesia . I was put on rexulti it worked for about a month got me out of the withdrawals of zyprexa but the rexulti gave me hot flashes every night so bad I had panic attacks on top of it I had extremely angry outburst for no reason I also had self harm behaviors during the outbursts. I stopped the medication as soon as I realized what it was doing to me. This is a scary medication"

"B" · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Rexulti works if you are in a rough spot, but I have gained 80 lbs using this. My brain works, but the weight gain is not healthy for me. My doctor and I have agreed to discontinue this medication and are looking into alternatives. I lost 15 pounds the first week I lowered my dosage in half. I will continue to reduce dosage until it is out of my system. Anyone that uses this I would recommend keeping tabs and seeing what effect it has on your body during the first few months."

Brittany · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "My problems are Bi-Polar disorder, anxiety, depression. I was switched from Latuda 80mg to Rexulti (which my doctor pushed on me and had samples). I also take Adderall, Prozac. I started having tremors, and the biggest panic attack in my life that I ended up in the hospital. I didn’t know what was wrong with me so I switched to an NP there. We both thought it was the Adderall making me tremor, this morning NO TREMORS. I went back to Ability 10mg at night with my other usual meds! This med is NOT for people with non-polar disorder, it will make you worse. I’m sure it will help with depression but they have no proven facts stating that Rexulti is for non-polar. Studies actually made it clear it made bi-polar worse."

Matt · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I was on Lexapro for many years, 20 mg/day. It helped with anxiety but not really for my depression. Began Rexulti and is started working within 2 days. I started at 0.5 mg and worked myself up to 2 mg/day. I have significantly increased energy and went from sleeping 8 hours to 6 hours a night. Mood has been better and activities seem doable and world is bright again. I seem to have less "dread" about life activities and feel happier, more energetic, and ready to tackle the world. No spasms, or other strange side effects."

Sb April 24, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was given Rexulti as an adjunct and it pulled me out of a dark hole pretty quickly (about 3 days). Dose of 1mg worked for about 6 months, relapse, went up to 2 mg then 3 mg— anxiety off the charts. Found the dosage of 1mg plus 0.5 mg (two prescriptions— cutting the higher dosages didn’t change the med on a molecular level) most effective. Great for a long time. It was also so much better than abilify (abilify gave me horrible nightmares). Fast forward to 1.5 years later— gained over 60 lbs (can’t lose anything either, even eating healthy foods— hunger unmanageable). So the weight gain is just as bad as Abilify. I am 2 weeks into tapering from 1.5 to 1 mg and have severe insomnia, body aches, joint pain, general sadness, lack of patience and interest in usual activities. Dr. won’t do a faster tapering. I want this med out of my body ASAP. I’m done. Great short term solution for depression, crappy for the long term. Get the manufacturer coupon."

Rocklinrobin · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 11, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I am presently trying to recover my mind after feeling depressed for about 6 months. I have been taking Pristique for years, and my doc added Rexulti a week ago. I must admit it is SLOW going, writing this is exhausting. I see a psychiatrist that I like and admire, I have severe depression on both sides of the family. I've had episodes of depression in the past, neither this intense nor long and I'm scared. I have vowed not to harm myself, to my husband and children, who top my gratitude list, but I'm dancing as fast as I can."

Rhonda · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on rexulti for 1 month now. It is totally amazing for treatment resistant depression, I haven't felt this good in about 20 years, but am having massive weight gain issues. Can anyone tell me how to get the weight off, as, not eating or exercise is not helping. Would appreciate some advice..thank you"

KAK · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Wow! It's only my first day on rexulti and the difference is amazing. I have lots of energy and am so happy!!!"

June · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 19, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Go ahead and take this medicine if want to mentally feel better but be prepared to gain 30 pounds and never be able to lose it. Honestly, I don't recommend it at all because the weight gain has ruined my life. Good luck in whatever you decide to do."

T March 15, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I’ve been on every Depression medication imaginable, none that worked totally. I was in a deep dark hole, fatigue, depression, paranoid. With being prescribed Rexulti in just a few days, I have my life back, I have all my energy back, depression is now hardly zero and my paranoia has diminished! No side effects for me! I recommend trying this to anyone suffering like I was!!"

lrivera1902 March 6, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I took rexulti for 5 months. I gained 20lbs even doing weight watchers. I stopped taking it because it was not working anyways. I hate antipsycotic drugs. I have struggled with my weight for years and they do nothing but add to the problem. I would rather learn to deal with my depression then take anymore drugs at this point in my life. I just wanna know how your suppose to feel good while gaining weight. I don't understand that concept at all. For people who need these types of medications that fine. But, after trying this drug and struggling with my weight I am totally finished with all antipsycotic medications but this is just me. I would not recommend this to anyone who has weight issues weather you feel good or not."

Not my real name · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti is amazing in two categories: 1) depression and 2) massive weight gain. The weight gain does NOT come off when you stop Rexulti. Four years later, I’m still struggling with the 40 lbs I gained."

Nick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Extremely effective with no side effects other than one: I have gained thirty pounds! Really raises appetite and weight seems harder to get off than if in wasn't on the drug. But this is the first winter I have not experienced depression since I hit puberty. I am 29. I highly recommend end this drug."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)