User Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Major Depressive Disorder
6.3

Summary of Brexpiprazole reviews 6.5 157 reviews

Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've only been on this medicine about two weeks and my suicidal thoughts don't occur anymore. I'm not as angry or agitated either."

Kal (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've have been depressed since childhood always pretending to be happy. SSRI were first tried a 100 combos along with therapy and books. Then rexulti was recommended. I thought oh good another miracle prescription, another period where I would pray to the gods to not feel like a blob of nothing on a good day and it would appear to "work" and then the grey and then darkness would happen when it would stop working. This didn't happen with rexulti I was shocked I kept waiting for it to stop working - it didn't. The only time it stopped is when I missed appointment and didn't have any which was a huge mistake. I won't let this happen again. It's not going to make you into Julie Andrews but it will allow you to have days where you don't look at everything darkly and think about suicide."

Jen718 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "At first I was prescribed Abilify in addition to my Cipralex to help with my severe depression. However, I noticed fairly quickly that I had the most vivid horrifying nightmares and was even wet my bed. I'm 49 btw. Never wet my bed before. My psychiatrist lowered my dosage and that took care of those issues. However the urge to spend money was so intense. But more frustrating was the eye twitching. Consequently, he decided to switch me to Rexulti. After 1 week on it, the same side effects returned but with a vengeance. The urge to spend and the eye twitching was too much. So I decided to quit. I didn't want these side effects ruin my life permanently."

Stella (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I have had 3 nervous breakdowns. I am on Zoloft and Xanax - I have not felt good for 5 years. I started this medication as an add on to Zoloft - I feel like I have my life back!"

Jayne June 11, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I just started last weekend will update soon"

andy June 10, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for : "Please beware that Rexulti can cause tardive dyskinesia!! I have bipolar disorder with psychosis, and was previously on Abilify, but had to discontinue due to weight gain. I was told that Rexulti would have less side effects than Abilify, and after taking it for a while it was helping a lot with my symptoms, but then I gained 30 pounds. HOWEVER, the reason for writing this review is that I also developed multiple other side effects from taking this medication long-term, including high prolactin levels and tardive dyskinesia. Nobody warned me that tardive dyskinesia was a side effect of antipsychotics, but now I have slowly developed constant jerking movements in my left hand and arm. This began in my hand and progressed as time went on. Tardive dyskinesia can be permanent, and now I am left to find out if I will be permanently affected by this medicine. Please research this condition before taking antipsychotics, as it is much more common than expected with prolonged use."

Jane (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This med has helped me so much!! No more dark feelings. Been on it for 3 to 4 weeks. No side effects. Other meds didn't do well on it. So far no weight gain. I have motivation again."

Jame (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti is the absolute best drug I have taken. Day one, I thought, "There is no way this could be working already." Day two, I said, "I think this may be working". Day three, I said, "Oh my goodness, this is working great". My psychiatrist says he is seeing positive results in one week for most people, if it works for them. I have been treatment resistant for depression for 20 years. I've tried every medication, even ECT, but nothing has ever worked like Rexulti !!! "

Jen (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti saved my life. I've been on some combination of drugs for a while now. At my worst my combination was wellbutrin and latuda on those I felt so bad. I stopped it and my doctor put me on Rexulti with wellbutrin. It has helped me get back to a sort of normal feeling. I still don't have a big happy feeling or any interest in anything but I don't want to kill myself anymore. I also am a bit more motivated to do stuff around the house. Before I would sit and stare at the floor."

Bubba (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Rexulti has stopped my delusions and obsessive ruminationing where Seroquel XR amongst others failed, and in the short period of time I have been on this drug, it has also mostly taken away my extreme paranoid anxiety, which was unrelenting. My brain is quiet and calm. A slight opiate like warmth and peace of mind. It is lifting a depressive episode, in a much smoother, mild way compared to my experience on Effexor XR. No akathisia. I am not sure if my sleep is affected because I have always had sleep issues regardless. I am prescribed a little Temazepam to sleep if needed. A slight headache for a few days upon starting, no nausea. No weight gain. Very pleased with how this is working so far."

cobweb (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Miracle drug, life saver, wish I had talked to my doctor sooner! Words cannot express how "normal", productive, and amazing I feel. Where has this drug been all my life? Try it, you won't regret it."

Chrystnlee (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti helps my mood, but the weight gain is overwhelming. I can gain 3lbs a week. I have gained over 15 lbs total. The weight gain is too depressing for me. I am going to try to go off it and see how that goes. I also take lamictal and clonazepan. Hope I can do it. The weight gain is overwhelming."

Spades (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I struggle with anxiety, OCD, mood disorder and depression. I started off on Prozac which helped enormously with my anxiety and OCD. The depression and mood was something I still struggled with on some days so doc put me on Rexulti along with the Prozac. I read about the weight gain and was immediately scared but I just lost 60 pounds (Prozac helped). I still took it though. Big mistake. Been on it 2 months and I have found my self losing control. Non stop eating, gaining weight, lost my energy and willingness to be active. I've been lacking motivation. Before any meds, I did not drive because my anxiety was so bad. Prozac changed that and I have finally been driving!! Rexulti has caused a reverse effect. I'm back to being anxious in a car. My family can see a change in a negative way. Spaced out and lacking energy. Not a fan of this medicine."

AbbyAnx April 28, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "In the beginning, it was great. I live with TRMDD, PTSD and ADD. I put on 25 lbs in the 6+ months on Rexulti. I was constantly uncomfortable and the heaviest of my life. I was in a "haze" constantly, and happy on the outside but miserable on the inside. Slowly built up to 3 mg, but it was never as good as those first few weeks at 0.5 mg. I have decided to quit Rexulti, and the discontinuation symptoms are horrible. Agitation, flu symptoms, anxiety... My stomach has never hurt worse in my life and my insomnia is devilish. The bad of discontinuation overshadows the small amount of good in the beginning. I do have moments of sanity since discontinuation; air moving past my body feels good, combing my hair feels good, little things like this that let me know I'm doing what my body truly needs. I would recommend staying at the lowest dose for as long as possible... Or avoiding it all together."

Foureyedgrrl April 28, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I recently started Rexulti for depression, in conjunction with my existing prescription for Viibryd. My initial dose was .50mg which was increased to 1mg after 10 days. I noticed a difference within 4 days of beginning rexulti and have been so pleased with the results!! I feel like myself again without any noticeable side effects. I hope this continues as I haven’t felt this good in years."

AKKittyCat (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "I tapered off Haldol and took this medicine. By itself it does no good and sent me to the mental hospital. They gave me Haldol along with Rexulti and since then it has been very good. I don't even hardly think about a hallucination or delusion anymore much less experience them."

james youngfellow (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2018

For Depression: "Taking for Bipolar type 1. Anxiety, Depression along with Tegratol, Lithium Klonopin. I also have ADHD for 12 years. So Far in 3 days I have felt this trial pack .25 dose stop the constant worry and crying spouts. It has stopped some anxiety already. Is it supposed to work this quick ? (not complaining) So far liking the med a lot and I have tried 60-80 other meds or concoctions. Rexulti is really Helping so far! Looking forward to getting on 1mg."

Bebob99 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My problem with this medication is my compulsive overspending. I couldn't control it. It was like I needed a fix. Didn't care what I bought, just that I was buying. I'm not on this medication anymore and I can control my spending."

Francie59 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Paxil for over a year to treat anxiety. I was recently diagnosed with MDD. Originally my Pdoc gave me a Rexulti sample pack and I loved it! Due to cost, I decided to try abilify instead...big mistake. I'm now back to the Rexulti. The way it makes me feel is so much better. I feel alive and able to solve problems without freaking out or being sad. I love this medicine. I've not experienced any negative side effects in the three weeks I've been on it. It's been a miracle drug for me."

Mamajamma (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I only took Rexulti 2 times. My psychiatrist gave me a trial pack to try in addition to my other psych meds due to a particularly stressful time in my life that had my usual depression and anxiety far worse than "usual". The first time I took it was in the morning and I was so tired all of that day that I couldn't even stay awake. I also felt no different at all and have heard that there is often a difference in how you feel within hours of first dose. Second time I took it at night thinking that maybe I wouldn't be affected by sleepiness then. I was still so tired the next day that I couldn't stay awake. This is not normal for me. So I didn't take any more. I can only figure this was due to the med because there were no other changes that should have caused it."

kmac (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Rexulti seems too be a good medicine so far. After one week my paranoia is almost gone. I do notice a speedy effect which has caused me too be more active. This is actually good because rexulti is helping me too get out of the house and avoid some social phobia issues. I would definitely recommend this med if you have any kind of paranoia associated with bipolar depression. Tommorow the 7th day I will increase too one mg. Lets hope this med continues too work .Thanks and good luck. Ps I have been on many meds and hated most all atypical antipsychotics."

davos777 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I have dealt with MDD,GAD and PTSD meds for over 30 years and have had periods of relief with different cocktails some lasting 5-6 years but as many of you know I built a tolerance to them all. A year and half ago my anxiety started waking me up and quickly became complete insomnia and we tried many combinations for now 4 disorders and was able to sleep but woke feeling depressed. I take nefazadone, amitripyline and clonodine and my psychiatrist gave me a Rexulti sample pack but from the first .5 tablet I had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep until I have none. I rated Resulti a 6 because in my experience with this product adjunct to the tricyclics my depression disappeared completely by the 2nd but for me I choose sleep but am very envious of those people who have no bad side effects and good insurance because the cost of this on Medicare will put you in the donut hole"

vmrdoug (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I was on Abilify for almost ten years, but, as well as it worked, I could not stop gaining weight because I was always starving. My psychiatrist suggested Rexulti, and my weight gain has stopped without a change in diet or exercise. I take Rexulti for psychotic depression, and it keeps me stable and fully functional. I take 2mg a day at night, because it is sedating. Highly recommended for anyone who wants an alternative to Abilify."

Abilify to Rexulti (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication has helped with depression but ever since I started taking it my OCD and intrusive thoughts have been out of control. Also I gained about 40 lbs in 8 months which is a HUGE downside as I have major body image issues."

C1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I've had good experience with Rexulti. I am struggling with depression at the moment (although diagnosed as Bipolar). At first it gave me headaches and upset stomach. That lasted for a few days. After that, I started feeling so much better. The depression has lifted in about a week and a half to two weeks. No anxiety from this drug. No awful side effects. So far haven't gained any weight on it (fingers crossed)."

Blue_eyed_Ukrainian (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018