User Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Also known as: Rexulti

Learn more about Brexpiprazole.

Depression 26 reviews 79 medications

7.2
Major Depressive Disorder 82 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Schizophrenia 13 reviews 42 medications

5.5
Summary of Brexpiprazole reviews 121 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Added 1 mg to my Effexor 150 mg for depression and anxiety. This is helping but have major joint and body aches with weight gain and stomach bloating. Also OCD is worse Don't know if can stay on this due to these side effects. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "IT WORKS!! I can control my emotions. However, I am packing on the pounds like you would not believe and am having trouble sleeping at night."

RX222888 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve taking Rexulti for two weeks as an add on to Vibryd. So far so excellent! Depression is gone, I have no words to express how good I feel. I only hope this medicine doesn’t stop working. My life went from black and white to color."

SayNOtoDepression October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I am on week 4 of Rexulti . I have to say it has gotten me up and on my feet. Unfortunately it has made my anxiety so bad I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff trying to decide which way to turn to stop the discomfort. I have chest pain and just a general unease. No way to relax so I will be stopping this medication as off today."

Papppiii October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Bad. Feel restless and have anxiety attacks, also gaining weight. Have no energy and have to drink 3-4 cups of coffee every day just to stay awake and not crash my car driving to work. For me, not a good med. Tried Abilify, Seroquel, and Depakote in the past for anger and irritability and those are as bad if not worse than the Rexulti. Been on 20mg Lexapro for anxiety, depression, and Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) for about 10 years, but it's not working very well any more. Doctor suggested Latuda, going to try that next."

Mandi611 October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "MDD/ADD/ANXIETY. I take Cymbalta/Concerta and we just added Rexulti/Xanax for anxiety. While taking the starter pack, it seemed to help a lot. I was restless with sleeping. After getting to 1mg, my world changed. For the worse.... My anxiety quadrupled. OCD was rampant! (Although my house was cleaner, I was beyond stressed out.) I had excessive guilt over ridiculous things. I cried many times because I couldn't de-stress without self medicating with alcohol. My impulsivity was out of control! I called my doctor and he said to stop taking it. I'm day two of off of it and I am officially exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open and all I want to do is sleep."

Fretesa (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Really noted a mood lift by day 4... I am now taking week 3 and the RX.. it seems to not be as effective. (Today is day 4 of week 3) This is certainly a change. I am here online to ascertain if there maybe some differences in the manufacturer etc. As I am very disappointed. I'm at 2 mg."

Tutlrnr (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti has been my worst nightmare. I'm 48. Crying everyday, inability to carry out everyday responsibilities and far worse super depressed. I've never been like this before . I just felt so much emotional pain. My husband called my doctor, and we suspect Rexulti. I'm off one day and the super lows have diminished. Four more days and it should be completely out of my system. Going back to Abilify. It's not perfect, but it doesn't take me to those super lows ."

Dls946 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This drug has been a major miracle drug for my 18 year old son with Autism spectrum disorder (ASD). He had been experiencing what I believe was a major depressive disorder for over 3 years. He stopped doing the things he once loved, he was angry, oppositional, anxious, OCD and stopped eating-he went from 169lbs to 108lbs. I believe he wanted to die. We treated his auto immune disorder with something called Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) and started on .5 mg of Rexulti about 4 months ago. Every one of of his symptoms is almost completely gone. I attribute a lot of the improvements to this drug. He is doing all of the things he once loved and more. Simply amazing!!"

MelissaJoy September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I feel "checked out". I'm on week 3 and just can't get over the feeling of staring into space. Asking for new Med today."

Jrw1427 September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Hi, I take Effexor 150mg for my depression & anxiety but if you know effexor its really only for anxiety, so we tried Effexor WITH Rexulti. Rexulti really takes care of depression where effexor doesn't. I started on .5mg for two weeks and then went up to 1 mg for three weeks, which I'm at now, and then I'm going up to 2mg in the next few days. It really helps with depression. I'm always on my feet, all day, always doing something, and I don't even care. It's not a big deal, even. I just do things. It's so cool, I've been apathetic my whole life, and now it's changed. There are side effects, I get headaches and every time I go up a dose, I have huge mood swings for a few days while my body adjusts. But thats okay. Awesome medication."

kirt1111111 August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I've been trying different combinations of medicines for a good 6 years. I was put on Trintellex about a year ago, and that helped some, but my depression was still disabling. Recently, I went to my psychiatrist and asked for a change in medication. She decided to add rexulti as an add-on to my Trintellex. The result has been phenomenal. I feel better than I have in years. I have more energy, I'm less anxious, and I've been able to leave my house without feeling overhelmed at all. This medicine has is working VERY well for me."

WR2496 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Will be starting med tomorrow? Dr. suggested this med but I am skeptical because Abilify gave me akathisia! I hope Rexulti works for me. I am also quite surprised how quickly it works for many people. Instead of weeks, it usually works in days. Looking for a good med!"

Johnnyboy4566 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Rexulti is a terrible medication. Didn't seem to work at all and made me gain about 25 lbs. At 32 my metabolism isn't quite as quick as it once was so I'm having trouble getting the weight off. Only been off the medication for a couple weeks. My doctor changed me over to Seroquel per my request.As long as I am not overly sedated or have weight issues Seroquel is fine with me. I know many do not like it for the side effects and overall sedation. I feel like Rexulti slowed down my metabolism because I cannot explain the excessive weight gain over such a short period. It's a newer drug so we do not know much about it. Whatever the case, don't take the stuff. It doesn't work anyways."

StreetDoc85 August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Rexulti for 2 weeks. I also take 150mg of Zoloft, 200 mg Trazadone, 30mg vyvanse and xanax ER. I have more energy, I can actually leave the house now, I laugh and don't worry as much. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because of some slight nausea, headaches and my tinnitus has gotten worse. Hopefully those things will go away soon "

Blessed00 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Started this medication about 4-5 weeks ago. I'm on 1 mg. It's an add on to my Viibryd 60mg and Buproprion SR 200 mg. This pill has really worked great for me. It's given me energy and the motivation I need to get stuff done. My family has noticed the difference. On the downside is that I am restless and it's given me a bit of insomnia. My doc told me we can solve that by taking the dose as soon as I wake up. I start that tomorrow am. It's also made me want to night binge eat snacks more than ever. But I've learned my lesson with past medications and make sure never to have snacks available at home. So far so good. I'm making progress with my medication, psychiatrist, and psychologist. I have hope."

eyedepressed (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I actually have Bipolar Disorder (mainly mania). The first 2 weeks of Rexulti were rough because I got tons of restlessness and akathisia. I stopped for 3 days and restarted at 0.5mg. Each week increased by 0.5mg until I got to 2mg. No problems with restlessness. I am on Lithium as well, but before the addition of Rexulti I was not doing that great with respect to bipolar cycling into mania. I have been stable since the start of Rexulti with the exception of 4 days where I was depressed/mixed, but this is because I stopped my meds for a few daysIt gives me slight increased in motivation and better time-management, which really surprised me given my past experiences with AAPs. My mood if definitely more stable and I am not suffering the highs that come with mania"

Mmaryland July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Rexulti 1 mg for a year after being on Abilify for a year or longer taken off because it didn't work and I gain a lot of weight. I feel more depressed (crying for no reason), no energy and I am having more anxiety attacks. I have also gained 20 more pounds. I want off. I am also on Fetzima and Klonapin."

Gnine0326 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Been on 1 mg for two weeks. Depression has lifted quickly. No weight gain as of yet. Had headaches for the first three days. Overall a promising start"

Kel12347 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have OCD/MDD/ASD .I was leery of taking this med, especially since I had trouble on Abilify. Abilify worked for me but came with EVERY side effect so I had to go off of it. So a new doc decided to give Rexulti a try since it's very similar and Rexulti is supposed to be "better". A couple of days on it and I was already getting harsh side effects; worse than when I was on Abilify. I started having stomach pains, sore throats, and near fainting spells. I nearly caused a scene in Wal-mart due to feeling lightheaded. Now I've had panic attacks before and these near fainting spells were not it. I've also started to become nauseous around anything sweet (possible high blood sugar?) The only plus is it helped me sleep."

Stardustpug (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "My psych doc just added this rexulta to my med list. Im already taking klonopin and triliptal and effexor. I am scared to death to start rexulta. I do not want to gain weight!!!"

Ladybug6 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Rexulti has been a life changer! I'm on 1mg. I know that's not a lot, but it's worked so well for me. Way less depressed mood than usual. I have Bipolar Type II. This was an add on to Trileptal and it's really been amazing for me. Would definitely recommend to others :)"

skilld (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I have chronic depression (dysthymia) & anxiety, & the depression worsened recently despite being on Zoloft & Wellbutrin. My psychiatrist suggested we try Rexulti & wean me off the Wellbutrin. I started on 1mg, & I had a slight headache for the first two days. After that, I felt like I was doing a little better and my husband commented that I was more active than usual. My dose went up to 2mg a couple days ago. Now I feel like I can really tell a difference! I haven't felt depressed, I have more focus and creativity at work, & I've actually had enough motivation to do chores at home. I'm a little restless, which I'll keep an eye on, but I haven't noticed any other side effects besides that and the temporary headache. I'm optimistic!"

LizziP June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Rexulti has helped my bipolar mania in so many way. From previous experience with antipsychotics, I was expecting side effects like increased appetite, excessive sleepiness, etc. I did get akathisia when I first began, but I did begin at 3mg (a high dose). I reduced back down to 0.5 and gradually increased to 1mg. So far (1.5 months), I have seen extreme improvement in my mood and sleep schedule. I feel more motivated and am getting more of my responsibilities done. My social anxiety is pretty much gone as is my GAD. The only issues I have is periodically having trouble falling asleep, but this is not significant. Overall, I think Rexulti has really helped me in many ways and I attribute the positive results in my recent life to Rexulti"

Mmaryland June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Rexulti for about 2-3 months after taking Abilify for about 10 years, which I had to quit for various reasons. Rexulti is great for my depression; I've had zero anxiety, and it's really the only drug out there that works for me at this point. I didn't give it the full 10 points for two reasons. The first reason is I get really hot when I go outside in moderate, 70 degree temperatures. I can't handle hardly any heat! Second, while 2mg works great now, getting up to that dose is hard! I was sleep-deprived for the first month on 1/2mg, and until I got up to my current does, I didn't sleep very well. One other thing, this medication does better for me without Topamax! Apparently Topamax can minimize the effects of Rexulti!"

Sparkler (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017