User Reviews for Brexpiprazole

6.4

Schizophrenia

Summary of Brexpiprazole reviews 6.5 219 reviews

Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on rexulti for 1 month now. It is totally amazing for treatment resistant depression, I haven't felt this good in about 20 years, but am having massive weight gain issues. Can anyone tell me how to get the weight off, as, not eating or exercise is not helping. Would appreciate some advice..thank you"

Rhonda (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Wow! It's only my first day on rexulti and the difference is amazing. I have lots of energy and am so happy!!!"

KAK (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Go ahead and take this medicine if want to mentally feel better but be prepared to gain 30 pounds and never be able to lose it. Honestly, I don't recommend it at all because the weight gain has ruined my life. Good luck in whatever you decide to do."

June (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I’ve been on every Depression medication imaginable, none that worked totally. I was in a deep dark hole, fatigue, depression, paranoid. With being prescribed Rexulti in just a few days, I have my life back, I have all my energy back, depression is now hardly zero and my paranoia has diminished! No side effects for me! I recommend trying this to anyone suffering like I was!!"

T March 15, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I took rexulti for 5 months. I gained 20lbs even doing weight watchers. I stopped taking it because it was not working anyways. I hate antipsycotic drugs. I have struggled with my weight for years and they do nothing but add to the problem. I would rather learn to deal with my depression then take anymore drugs at this point in my life. I just wanna know how your suppose to feel good while gaining weight. I don't understand that concept at all. For people who need these types of medications that fine. But, after trying this drug and struggling with my weight I am totally finished with all antipsycotic medications but this is just me. I would not recommend this to anyone who has weight issues weather you feel good or not."

lrivera1902 March 6, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti is amazing in two categories: 1) depression and 2) massive weight gain. The weight gain does NOT come off when you stop Rexulti. Four years later, I’m still struggling with the 40 lbs I gained."

Not my real name (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Extremely effective with no side effects other than one: I have gained thirty pounds! Really raises appetite and weight seems harder to get off than if in wasn't on the drug. But this is the first winter I have not experienced depression since I hit puberty. I am 29. I highly recommend end this drug."

Nick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "The beginning was amazing the darkness of suicidal thoughts disappeared initially but then I found myself shooting from 160 to 215 pounds ... among other problems such as heightened anxiety, diminished / sleep, blurry vision, red random bumps on my body and face, and other issues. I didn’t want to recognize that it simply stopped working for me."

Frayed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started Rexulti as an add on three months ago. Since taking the medication I have had more energy to get things done. I have been able to sleep better at night. I have been diagnosed as treatment resistant and this has been the best medication I have tried. (After numerous med trials). My weight has remained unchanged, which is great. I have had no side effects from this medication and I take it before bed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication helped a lot when I took it as a sample, but when my pharmacy called to tell me even WITH my insurance, the cost would be over $700.00 for a month’s supply.. it obviously wasn’t an option for me anymore. Who can afford that?!?"

Effective yet not affordable (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve been taking Rexulti for about 6 months now. I’m presently taking 1 mg/day. This medication has changed my life. I was on an SSRI ( Zoloft then Paxil) for almost 18 years. I had severe breakthrough depression with menopause about 5 years ago and the SSRIs were no longer working. In the past 5 years I have been on numerous medications including atypical antipsychotics, mood stabilizers (Lithium, lamotrigine), Lexapro, Latuda. Nothing was helping and I was so low I was having persistent suicidal thoughts at one point. My psychiatrist started me on Rexulti on a whim. I feel like a new person. More energy and zest for life. I also take Seroquel for sleep which I’m hoping to wean and Adderall 20mg in am. This combo works well for me. It is an expensive drug but you can print an online coupon from Rexulti website for maximum $15 monthly copay with insurance."

AJ63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I was put on .25 mg of rexulti to help the effect of my Lexapro. After increasing the rexulti to .50 I had my first major seizure. I was taken to the hospital and they said it was probably a non epileptic seizure. I called my doctor who said it could not be caused by the rexulti and increase the dosage to 1mg. After that my seizures increased to three or four times a week. I weaned myself off rexulti and now I am seizure free. Please be careful with this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Another thought-erasing, emotion- numbing all-too-typical anti-psychotic. Within two days at a beginning dose, 0.5 mg, I was feeling utterly depersonalized, unable to hold a thought in my head, or to feel any emotion. Marketing schizophrenia drugs for depressive disorders should be a crime."

KJ (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have had a bit more energy since taking Rexulti 1 mg. I continue to struggle with loss of interest. I am finding I am sleeping better at night. I take it as an add on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "At first, I thought this was the miracle drug. I felt incredible and felt like my old self again. I had motivation, I was able to get so much more done in a day! I didn't feel like a zombie. I was a able to stop having to take a daily nap. After 2 weeks, my clothes didn't fit right. On week 4, I got on the scale. WHAT??? I gained 9 pounds. Clearly I am quitting rexulti ASAP"

Penelope January 16, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I never write reviews? But I feel this is totally necessary to tell how amazingly well this drug worked for me. I have had a horrible year. I’ve been on Prozac for 15 years and all of a sudden it stopped working. I switched to Zoloft and had relief for 5 months and that stopped working. My doctor prescribed rexulti and I’ve been on it for a month. I feel like I have my life back. I feel better than I have felt before even on Prozac. I started feeling better after 2 days and felt like myself again at 4 days. Zero side effects on this medication for me. It’s beyond worth a try."

Kn (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I believe this drug has been the best to treat my depression, Bipolar, and PTSD. I went from having suicidal ideations on a daily basis and now I only have intrusive thoughts on occasion. I would recommend trying this drug if you get a chance, I tried Seroquel, Abilify and all they did was make me tired and gain weight. Rexulti has been a great addition to my Lamictal to help balance my Bipolar depression. I give Rexulti a 9/10."

Inkedcub (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Changed my life. Been on Prozac and Klonopin for years for depressive and anxiety disorders, added rexulti recently after I told my psych about how I'm not depressed, but I still feel "flat" very anhedonic. My sleep was also still bad despite being on trazodone. I feel pleasure again, and I laugh and my emotions range much more high than they previously did. Sleeping great. Was terrified to take since this is an "atypical antipsychotic" but alas, no side effects. I gained about 7 pounds, in which I'd say is from being happy and healthy and enjoying food again. Not sure how well this works for anxiety since Prozac and Klonopin already helped my anxiety tremendously. Give this a try."

Melancholic (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Rexulti saved my life! I was diagnosed with MDD and my PCP tried all the regular antidepressants (buspar, effexor, wellbutrin). Those made me manic and worsened my depression. Dark cloud of gloom, not wanting to die, but not wanting to live like this. I found a Psychiatric NP who does medication management for people like me. She started me on 0.5 mg of Rexulti alone, no other meds and on day 4 my mo-jo came back. I am now in my 6 month of taking it in the a.m. and have a wonderful life again. Clear thoughts, happy, peaceful and content. Even though this medication is usually prescribed as an add on to a antidepressant this works beautifully for me alone. Ask your doc about it, you've got nothing to lose."

Jewelz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "I have tried this drug twice. Both times it has caused auditory hallucinations. When I discontinued,they stopped."

D (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on antidepressants to control my GAD, and panic attacks and severe MDD for 16 years. Recently I started with serzone as the base antidepressant to avoid sexual side effects. It did nothing for sleep and not really effective for depression or anxiety. Klonopin use went up to cope as I tried to learn "tools". Eventually my psych added risperdone for sleep which didn't do much but did raise my prolactin levels so my already low libido dropped further. He took me off risperdone and added gabapentin which did start to help a little with sleep and then added remeron which then finally brought my sleep into balance. But...the last critical piece was the rexulti. For me it was instantly effective at just one day to stop those body sensations of anxiety without any trigger or cause, or circumstance. I now finally felt calm and like I could actually live life. My interest in things increased and at day 5, continues to do so. Rexulti was like a light switch. "

M. December 19, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Helps tremendously with my anxiety"

Macer (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "Took Latuda did nothing for me so Psych started me on Rexulti in mid-September. Took me off for a week in November because side effects were severe, shaking leg, irritable, restlessness. Been back on it almost 6 weeks going from 0.5mg to 2mg now feel a little ok but still have lack of interest in things I enjoyed, I still have sadness, I'm functional but not really present. Read that some of these meds can take up to 6- 8 weeks before I feel full affect. I'm on Pristiq 100 mg and 2 Clonzapem a day. Hopefully will feel full effects shortly. "

tkmetal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I've been on Rexulti for about 5 months now. I told myself I would write a review because I know there are people out there looking for hope and good reviews. This drug definitely took me out of a dark hole. It took 3 days for it to work. I remember waking up feeling normal again. I take it as an add on to my anti-depressant Mirtazapine. I gained weight at the beginning but I was able to shed it off shortly after. I have some extrapyramidal effects but nothing weird. I just feel a weird twitch in a muscle every now and then. I keep an eye on it though. Other than that, no other bad side effects. I would give it a chance if your anti-depressant isn't doing enough. I take 1mg."

Justagirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Since starting Rexulti a week & a half ago I've been feeling more motivated, I have more energy & I feel less irritable. I'm studying more productively. I haven't been experiencing intrusive thoughts - obviously I can remember what they were, therefore they still enter my mind, but they're not distressing & they don't linger. So, ultimately I feel 'normal' again i.e. without illness or side effects. (I'm still overweight & I still procrastinate, but since beginning this new treatment I have the motivation & energy to transform to the person I want to be)."

Jylo (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018