User Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Also known as: Rexulti

Learn more about Brexpiprazole.

Depression 13 reviews 80 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 54 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Schizophrenia 7 reviews 42 medications

4.4
Summary of Brexpiprazole reviews 74 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Brexpiprazole

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have MDD severe/recurrent, gen anx w/a big social element, ADD & intrusive thoughts. I was about ready to go to an inpatient facility until my doc prescribed Rexulti. While still on the starter pack, I noticed significant improvement. I also take Effexor&Klonopin. (Ritilan for the ADD) I have mixed feelings about the side effects. I was super morbidly obese and lost 1/2 of my body weight. The weight-gain, up at 3-3:30 am and severe am dizziness are starting to wear me out. My doc says no more than 6 months but I have gained 7lbs in 3 weeks so I am not sure I want to see how much I will gain over the next 5 1/2 months...but, I was 1st diagnosed at 16, now 44 & I will say this drug is a lifesaver. Discount card program makes it 0.00!"

Charisma72 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was put on half a mg for a week, then titrated to 1 mg. Everything was cool until about the 3rd or 4th wk I started feeling overhwelmed and ridiculously tired to where I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then it progrogressed to full blown anxiety in my POV. I never thought it could be rexulti until I finally saw my doc who took me off straight away after seeing how anxious I was. I can hardly deal with my son or life. He sadly has to calm himself as noise and lots of energy around me exascerbate my anxiety. I've been completely off for a day but I'm wondering how long it will be before I'm not anxious. I hope not the 2-4 weeks my doc said. I can't keep living with all this anxiety and tiredness and wanting to cry all the time."

Kiara ranae November 15, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have had mdd for over 50 years and have been on nearly every anti-depressant and booster out there. I have a really fast metabolism, I only started on rexulti 3 weeks ago but I swear I started at zero and I'm now at least at 9! Great stuff!!!"

winter53 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Rexulti for a month. It was added in addition to my Zoloft 150mg and Klonopin 1mg regimen after I told my psychiatrist that I felt like I was right on the brink of breaking out of my depression, but couldn't quite get there. I started with the sample pack, which consists of a week of .5mg tablets and a week of 1mg tablets. After about the 4th day, I started feeling better -- more energy, less anxiety. When I upped the dose to 1mg on the second week, I felt even better. At the end of the 2 weeks, I felt 100% myself. The only side effects I've experienced are slight insomnia (waking up in the middle of the night) and increased appetite. But I've got my life back, so it's worth it. I love this drug. It saved my life."

clemencline November 7, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I was prescribed Rexulti when my daily depression meds began to no longer work for me. It started working almost instantly I have been on Rexulti along with my daily meds, and I have been feeling better then ever."

Geo 516 November 7, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I'm only in my second week of the Rexulti, but feeling terrible. Hot flashes, dizziness, blurred vision, weight gain, bloating, shortness of breath, and suicidal thoughts. My depression feels much worse! I'm kind of at the end of my rope because I've tried everything else, even MAOI's. But I'm definitely going to have to get off of this med. :("

Obeewonkenobi (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Probably the best antipsychotic I have ever been. I have only responded to Abilify and yet I still had some intense residual depressive, obsessive compulsive, insomnia and anxiety symptoms not allowing me to function well half the time--the side effects of abilify were also too much. My doctor told me about rexulti and how it is a better and more cleaner version of abilify, therefore I agreed to try it. I have now been on it for a year and it has helped me in ways that I am glad that I switched to it. The only issue is that it still causes weight gain and diabetes but these are less severe than on abilify. It is worth dealing with those side effects because now I no longer have insomnia and can function thanks to rexulti."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm taking this for Bipolar 2 with major depressive disorder that has been treatment resistant for over 5 years. Rexulti is the first drug that has ever worked for me. I have tried virtually everything previously with things making me a zombie, worse than I was or simply nothing at all. Rexulti has been a miracle drug for me. It does give me insomnia so I'm going to try to switch to taking it in the morning to see if that helps. I am on a 2 mg dose."

Zippy299 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been diagnosed over the years, in turn, as having (1) atypical anxiety; (2) PTSD; (3) bipolar 2; (4) MDD. I have been on many drugs over the years and most recently, Zoloft (stopped due to severe insomnia); Cymbalta (stopped due to sexual side effects); Latuda (stopped due to insomnia) and most recently, Rexulti. My mood and depression have greatly improved over the course of a week being on this drug, but the insomnia it engenders is very difficult. I wake every 2 hours and have to really work, with relaxation tapes, to get back to sleep, or I occasionally take .5 mg Klonopin. I have an extremely demanding work life and the lack of sleep is a big issue. If it resolves, I will say I'm very satisfied with this drug."

Elliot C. (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was put on 2mg Rexulti once a day after my 10mg day dose of Abilify stopped working. I noticed positive changes on the Rexulti within a week. It does make me tired, so I take it at bedtime along with 60mg of Cymbalta. I am definitely less angry feeling, less moody, and haven't had any crying spells since starting it 3 months ago. I definitely think it is more effective than Abilify was for me. Has not effected my weight or libido any. I would say It's working as intended, and 2mg seems to be a good therapeutic dose."

LauraL43 September 30, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken this drug for 2 days, and I am stopping. I am experiencing the worst insomnia from this med., only one I have added. I was prescribed Rexulti for anxiety and depression."

Johnnie3 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After starting a free sample pack Rexulti with 0.5 mg and 1.0 mg tablets, I noticed a difference within just a few days. Remarkable. The "painful thoughts" all but disappeared. I did another trial pack with the same positive results. I don't know if 1.0 mg is the "therapeutic" dosage but I'll stick with it for now. And NO side effects thus far. We'll see if cost will be an issue as I have MediCal. By far and away the best atypical antipsychotic med I've tried thus far. (I'm also taking Cymbalta and Lithium)"

Bearsky (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I am on my 3rd week of Rexulti. My doctor gave it to me for major anxiety and depression. My depression is gone and my anxiety is 80 percent better. My pmdd is even better, I no longer walk around under this dark cloud not wanting to live. I can't take ssris. Every med I have been given didn't work or made me suicidal or gave me every side effect in the book. I was scared first trying this because of my usual reactions to medicines, and the fact that it is an a antipsychotic freaked me out. Only side effects are jaw pain, hungry all of the time but haven't gained weight yet. I feel so much better. This medicine saved me! (Knock on wood). Give it a try. By the way, I take it alone."

Justkeepswimming (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "2 weeks in, my experience The good: Clear focus Appetite suppression Increased libido Calm demeanor Lower anxiety Able to get out of the house and interact with people The bad, but have subsided Dizzy Nauseous Insomnia, now i take it around 2pm vs before bed Drug is always unavailable when doc refills . Expensive without insurance Better than wellbutrin, Lexapro and abilify. So far so good"

Jojo15555 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Depression: "I'm currently on Day 8 of the Rexulti trial pack (stepping up dosage) and so far so good...except that I feel that it's deadened sex drive. However, that can be remedied I think. The benefit is that my "painful emotions" accompanying serious depression have all but vanished. And so far I have not experienced any akathisia, which is my most feared side effect from any of the atypical antipsychotics (such as Seroquel). We'll see how it continues. Yes, it is quite expensive, but I think MediCal will cover."

Bearsky (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "On week 7, I felt totally hormonal, agitated, emotional, sensitive & angry. My cholesterol is high, my AC1 is at 6.2 Week 8, Called Dr., she bumped me up to 2 mg. will wait & see how this feels. Will update in several weeks."

Babygoose August 23, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Hey gang....Ya i have bad MDD...with Anxiety and PTSD. At first i was on 10mg Lexapro with .5 mg Clonopin. I told my doc that i wasnt feeling any better. Now i'm 20mg Lexapro, 1mg Rexulti and .5mg Clonopin. I'm noticing good changes. To balance the weight and restlessness, I decided to get up early and do a quick workout and i substituted any junk food for apples, oranges, bananas, raw carrots for protein- roasted chicken, cottage cheese, bagels.....you can add what you like i do have some vivid dreams, restless, head aches, blurry vision and numbness/tingling in right arm. DOC says it should go away"

REXI 1 August 19, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started on Rexulti four months ago. I take 1.0mg Rexulti along with 160mg of Duloxetine. My first reaction was tremendous energy and a much better mood. The crying episodes have stopped completely.The energy level soon returned to normal and now I am feeling very tired and fatigued. I generally fall asleep right away but awake at 3:00am just like clock work. I stay in bed until 6:00am. Weight gain has not been a problem although I admit to feeling hungry all the time. The benefits of this drug far out way the negative symptoms. I also suffer from anxiety disorder and Rexulti has helped with that as well. The cost of this drug is very high. Hopefully as time goes on it will come down. My doctor provides me with samples for now."

MGY August 17, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Lexapro & that seemed to stop working. I then went on Cymbalta 120mg/day & it helped but I can get very angry episodes & been depressed for 15+ years after abusive, sociopathic husband. Now divorced & was a bit happy.. But, didn't last. Still had the anger issues & no patience for anything, esp kids. I tried Abilify with no results. I have been on Rexulti for about a week & the elevated mood is amazing! I feel like my old self from 20 years ago.. I'm laughing, making homes, smiling, singing & having great thoughts about the future. Loss of appetite (good thing for me), but might just be hormonal. Have much more energy & im thanking my doctor for introducing me to this elation! I hope every one of you can get same!!"

Happyfinally! (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "30 plus years of MDD and many different drugs and combos. This is the only thing I've taken where I don't feel like I am fighting my depression on a daily, hourly, sometimes "minutely" basis. Life is still life - with ups and downs, but I am feeling more like the person I was meant to be without MDD. Much more social, confident, proactive. More open in general to other people and relationships. I take 2mg with cymbalta."

Brambleberry (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "This was a game changing medication for me. I was diagnosed schizoaffective, later changed to bipolar 1. I was a zombie from the medication combination I used to be on, zyprexa and depakote. Changing the zyprexa to rexulti gave me my life back. At first, it gave me side effects of dizziness and anxiety, but after stopping and trying again, its given me energy, concentration, and the mood swings and psychosis stopped. I'm very happy with this medication. I just upped the dosage from 2mg to 3mg after being on it for a year and a half."

Kutiekatie22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for : "This was a game changing medication for me. I was diagnosed schizoaffective, later changed to bipolar 1. I was a zombie from the medication combination I used to be on, zyprexa and depakote. Changing the zyprexa to rexulti gave me my life back. At first, it gave me side effects of dizziness and anxiety, but after stopping and trying again, its given me energy, concentration, and the mood swings and psychosis stopped. I'm very happy with this medication. I just upped the dosage from 2mg to 3mg after being on it for a year and a half."

Katiebaby22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2016

For Schizophrenia: "I have had treatment resistant Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. In terms of medications I have tried, I honestly would not have enough place to list them. I also suffer from "Simple Schizophrenia" This diagnosis is recognized almost all regions of the world except for the US. Simple Schizophrenia converted to US psychiatry would be: Schizophrenia Not Otherwise Stated, With Prominent "Negative Symptoms" Negative symptoms consist of the following: Avolition,social withdraw, socially awkward, dysthymia (mild depression) social anxiety W/O paranoia or delusions of reference. So far, taking 1 mg daily has been profoundly helpful."

Wonderboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

For Depression: "Rexulti was amazing for me at first for my panic and anxiety. It started working within 4 days and I took practically no Xanax while on it. I was on it 9 months or so. Then my Psychiatrist did blood work on me and it was terrible. Things showed up that had never been on a blood report for me before. I was diabetic, had high cholesterol, had high triglycerides, and my Prolactin level was doubled. I was on the lowest dose so she told me I had to go cold turkey and gave me benzos other than Xanax to lessen the symptoms. Coming off Rexulti has been the worst experience ever. I have had hallucinations, nightmares all night that result in me waking to a panic attack, panic attacks during the day I couldn't get under control with benzos, dizziness, nausea."

Panicked Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2016

Rexulti (brexpiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This is the Miracle drug of the year. It starts working on day 4. My Pdoc says they are using it in the psychiatric ER because it works so fast. I had been suffering with MDD for 16 years. I have tried almost every single drug and every combination without results. Currently taking 0.5 mg with Paxil 30 mg. It feels almost like euphoria mixed with a shot of energy."

Jentiffr (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016