User Reviews for Laxative Gentle Suppositories

Laxative Gentle Suppositories has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Constipation
7.1

Aram87 · Taken for less than 1 month · January 22, 2014

For Constipation "I tend to have bowel movements every other day and a week before starting my period is hard for me to go. I tried the Dulcolax suppositories and they work like a charm. I insert the suppository and about 15 minutes later I feel the natural urge to go and I go smooooothly! Yes there is some mild mild cramping but it is not uncomfortable. It burns a little bit and it keeps working for about an hour after so plan ahead. I definitely recommend this product."

Jay em · November 16, 2019

For Constipation "I have not had a soft BM in 6 months. Stool softeners don’t work... I tried the suppository and my stomach was cramping within 10 minutes. It says try to keep it in for 20 and I couldn’t. It was at 13 minutes I had to go. There was so much that came out. I feel a whole lot better now."

Gerry · Taken for less than 1 month · October 20, 2019

For Constipation "I took the bisacodyl suppository yesterday as I was constipated for two days and had pain in my back. I had only put it in five minutes and I was in a terrible state. I thought I was going to pass out with the cramps I got, my anal area got very sore and I only emptied my bowels a little. I personally would never ever use it again. I ended up in the emergency department I was that bad. Want did this happen to you?????"

Mojo1991 · July 31, 2015

For Constipation "I have been taking medications that has side effects that keep me from having a bowel movement . I've used plenty of different things to try and relieve my constipation and nothing has worked . I used this medication once and within 15 minutes I had a bowel movement . I highly recommend this product."

Emma Smith · Taken for less than 1 month · October 13, 2021

For Constipation "I tried Dulcolax suppository 10mg as for the past several weeks I have been having constipation/hard stools which has left me feeling pretty yucky. Within 5 min I had to go and though I think if I had held for longer than 10 min it might have cleared more, but it was nice to not feel pain when going to the toilet. Stomach felt bit uncomfortable and a bit of burning for about an hour then it passed."

Oww · Taken for less than 1 month · December 13, 2016

For Constipation "I think the Dulcolax suppositorys are horrible. That cause the worst pain in lower stomach, it's the longest time sitting on the toilet... Usually I would use Fleet Enema. Which is great. Painful but well worth it.... Use the liquid Enema. I'll never use this again. The enema is like $3 for a 2-pack this stuff is $10 for a five-pack of suppositories. This is crazy"

Dulcolax · Taken for less than 1 month · January 5, 2022

For Constipation "I thought getting over Covid was bad, this takes the case. Nauseated with burning in my rectum. Light headed and horrible cramping. I thought I was giving birth out my butt. I had hemorrhoids under control but the pressure made my bottom completely flip out. I would never ever use this again."

Meg · Taken for less than 1 month · November 17, 2020

For Constipation "Used one suppository due to several days without a BM. Within about 10 mins I had severe abdominal cramping. Severe burning and pain. I felt lightheaded and shaky. Very uncomfortable."

More about Laxative Gentle Suppositories (bisacodyl)

Patient resources