User Reviews for Dulcolax Laxative

Learn more about Dulcolax Laxative.

Constipation 23 reviews 244 medications

6.7
Bowel Preparation 3 reviews 114 medications

3.7
Summary of Dulcolax Laxative reviews 26 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Dulcolax Laxative

For Constipation "i had bowel surgery in 2006 to remove an early tumour . i have had constipation for over 50 years . i walk have a good diet and try to drink the recommended fluids daily but sometimes my work schedule makes this difficult . my bowel motions are usually hard and difficult to pass and i usually go to the toilet once or twice a week . i have tried movicol which is effective but takes too long to work . Dulcolax does for me what it says overnight releif , however i usually need two . there is some cramping but i can cope with that as i know my bowels are working effectively ."

val staveley (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2016

For Constipation "I've been severely constipated this morning no matter how hard I tried I couldn't go it was just to big to get out lol. So I took 5ml of dulcolax at 10.30am it's 1pm and I've just been to the loo thank god. I didn't get much cramping just the urge to go I expect it will happen soon though so plan of action stay by the loo"

Aimee1986 October 6, 2016

For Constipation "I give it a 2 because I was no longer constipated within a few hours after taking it, but the stomach pains as many have posted are excruciating when the box says relief is "gentle" and I specifically bought the pink one for sensitive stomachs. I have not yet had a child but it is what I imagine giving birth feels like. I have been doubled up since yesterday because of the pain in my stomach and severe nausea that makes me feel like I am going to throw up at any minute. I am not getting relief from the pain after bowel movements and have been sobbing because of the pain to the point that my boyfriend wanted to take me to the ER. I am trying to stay hydrated with lots of water like others have suggested but it is difficult with my stomach."

Nessiev (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

For Constipation "Im a 29 year old woman who recently has voluntarily lost 40lbs (from 220) after having emergency gallbladder surgery that could have been prevented had i have chosen healthier/ less fast fat foods for years. Now i suffer from IBS with constipation & the pain from that brings me to tears. After trying everything else i grabbed ducolax pink & i couldnt believe it. It cleared my colon out & I lost 3 lbs of poo weight. I knew what to exspect (side effects wise) with this type of laxative. This works better than magnesium sitrate for me. I just felt the normal belly rumbles that comes with taking a huge poop. I even loved the fact it still worked the next day. I went to work and everything. I took 2 pink pills with a litre water at 8pm thank u"

Finally something that works (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Constipation "I love this product! You have to stay hydrated to not feel abdominal pain. If you do not drink any water the pain is horrendous. If you wake up at night or are drinking it during the day everytime you feel any pain just consume plenty of water. It can be either room temperatured, cold, or even warm it will help you digest and keep you hydrated."

Ramievel0921 August 26, 2016

For Constipation "I'm on a med that is extremely helpful, but caused constipation (had to reduce the dose.) Fiber supplements made it worse. With stool softeners and osmotics, I experienced severe bloating and significant pain for up to 3 days before the stool finally came squirting out in all-day bouts of diarrhea. The 5mg dose of Dulcolax has worked wonders for me. The first day I had some stomach pain (well, I tend to have low stomach acid), so after that I started taking with my morning coffee. (The coffee stimulates stomach acid production, which helps the enteric coating to work.) After a couple days, it's comfortable, but workin a bit too well. I would back off to every second day, except that I can first try increasing my dose of the helpful med!"

LousS2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

For Constipation "I took dulcolax last night around 9pm. I woke up around 2am with extermly bad abdominal pain. I was sweating and felt like I had to vomit. This lasted for 45+ minutes. It became so bad I had to take Aleve to alleviate the pain. I finally went back to sleep and had my first bm around 6am. I had the second one at 8am. No server cramping just bloating and discomfort. Will be happy when it's over. I will never take this medication again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Constipation "My husband asked for something to help with poopin (he never needs help as he is very regular. I gave him what I take Dulcolax little 5mg gold pills 2 pills at 11:30 pm His 1s after the first poop this am and after breakfast he got nauseas it has continued all day with finally taking pepto bismal to help cramps (which will turn your stool watery or not very dark to black We thought he had food poisoning as I have taken dulcolax for years with no problem Then I searched and to my surprise this Dr recommended laxative has made his Memorial Day weekend suck..2 colonoscopy no problem He had the shivers, shakes, projectile vomiting after drinking water and terrible stomach cramps first time ever I have seen this Big man spend most of day in be"

Runny (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

For Constipation "I suffer from multiple sclerosis and I took Dulcolax in the green container I took 2. I was so impacted I would have done anything I had to get myself cleaned out. I was getting sick. it worked wonderful yes it does get watery and kind of crampy but it is cleaning you out completely and that's what I needed I do not like the pink Dulcolax for women I took that and that made me deathly sick it was too slow it did not work if I take Dulcolax at night I can be assured the next day that I will go to the bathroom it is a lifesaver for someone who is so constipated that they are in bed for days it is the only thing that works on me so heads up for Dulcolax"

By the seashore0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

For Constipation "I have been battling constipation for a week now and had finally given in and bought dulcolax laxative tablets (Worst mistake ever). I took one tablet a 9 pm, woke up in a cold sweat at 2 am and experienced stomach cramps (with the urge to go but couldn't) and horrendous vomiting. Finally settled back in to bed around 3:30 am I am now up again 8am back in the bathroom with the worst case of diarrhea and stomach cramps. Product is somewhat effective but plan to take it on a Friday night with no other weekend plans!"

Miserable31 February 2, 2016

For Constipation "I have never experience any hope of medication to assist in the health before and after researching I thought the product looked ok to try but I was so wrong. It did work after 14 hours but throughout the night I was woken up by cramps and hot sweats. The cramps are worse than a menstrual cycle and this may be to much information but I almost passed out right before my BM and during felt I was going to vomit all over the place and my body feels extremely weak. For getting the medication for sensitive stomachs it sure doesn't feel like it was meant for me, very disappointed and threw the entire package away."

Hitheremunchkin (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Constipation "So my wife decided to take this after we looked at many options in the store and I regrettably recommended it to her. It did nothing except cause her severe abdominal pain and cramps. It didn't do anything to help the constipation whatsoever. Plus the next night at dinner she had to run from the table to use the bathroom. It does not do anything it says it will."

Madashellrightnow January 13, 2016

For Constipation "One pill is plenty for me and I'm a big guy. Don't expect a miracle in five minutes. I take it late in the evening before bedtime and before noon the next day it's working. I drink plenty of liquids (not milk) when taking it. If I take more than one pill, it gives me cramps and diarrhea . I find that eating foods with plenty of fiber (25-30g/day) and drinking plenty of fluids (fewer dairy products) eliminates most of my constipation problems. When I get off that diet I tend to have the problem again. I also take some Metamucil daily, "after" a good BM, mixed with juice or water which gives me lots of additional fiber . This works for me, hope this helps! For serious problems I would recommend seeing a doctor."

Bamaguy November 19, 2015

For Constipation "I purchased the "overnight relief" ones. I took two pills that night and the next day still got nothing . So I took 3 (which it said you can do) because I was terribly constipated (I have IBS-C). I got quick results within 10 not even 15 mins and passed all my stool but that was around 3pm ... it is now 12:13AM and I am still in absolute pain and discomfort . I cannot move around without starting to feel the abdominal cramps surface up. I am experiencing nausea , and also hemorrhoids now as well. I may have to go to the ER because I've never experienced this type of pain from a laxative before ."

tfraz95 October 26, 2015

For Constipation "It worked but with horrible pains, I am 17 year old male and took 2 at 8pm and went to bed at 10 pm I ended up waking up at approximately 2am in agony it caused me to have severe stomach pains."

101 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I'm with John. Not sure what most people do wrong but I only got cramps the second time I took it and for less than a min. Only because I was sitting and holding in gas. I took it because for 5 years I've been irregular. 3 months ago went to the hospital where I was told it was just CONSTIPATED HEARTBURN which meds didn't help and I didn't understand because I was RELEASING everything. But for three days I've been constipated and struggled until bottom came bloody. This had me FEELING SO MUCH BETTER."

0rabbitJKW0hhh August 19, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "2 days, 2 pills a night. It will clean you out good, but at a cost. Burning pain and an hour of cramping later, you'd wish you never took it. It's not worth it. If you have another option do it. So far the worst pain I've ever felt."

Tomijhnn July 28, 2015

For Constipation "I found using this product the most painful experience, i would compare it to labour pains"

Anonymous July 7, 2015

For Constipation "The medication was very effective, however, the excruciating pain I experienced while taking the medication was not fun experience. I took two tablets at 9:00 a.m. Two hours passed and I didnt feel anything. Then it hit just about noon and I started getting terrible stomach cramps. If you are a first time user take one."

Dontdoitt (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

For Constipation "I have been having a little tummy trouble the past few days and hadn't had a BM and it was starting to become unbarably uncomfortable. I took these last night about 10pm and woke up this morning around 3-4 in excruciating pain. I was sick a dog I did finally have a BM after sitting for about 20 min almost in tears from the cramps once a went the cramps subsided but only temporarily. I have been getting on and off cramps that feel like I am being repeadidly stabbed in my lower abdomen and to the point I feel like I may vomit. Will not use this product again"

Still in pain 2 May 7, 2015

For Constipation "I have OIC-Opioid induced constipation. Most of the time it works; sometimes it does not. I also take Lactulose and Miralax when required as well. I'm confined in a Convalescent Hospital. I've had this constipation for over 2 years. Opioids are the best meds for my severe chronic pain."

Bruce5150 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2014

For Constipation "Noticing that I hadn't had a bowel movement in almost 6 days I purchased this product and took 2 around 3 am. I woke up around 8:30am with the most pain I've ever felt in my life. I gave child birth natty rally with no medicines but this by far felt almost the same. I felt nauseous and had frequent flow of bowel movements. I got sweaty hot then so cold I would shiver in a matter of seconds apart. I even felt faint and my vision got blurry. After drinking 2 bottles of water I felt somewhat of a relief in pain but not 100%. If you need a bowel movement this is your product but it HURTS! Try stool softener instead."

Ashlen July 20, 2014

For Constipation "I've Taken One Dulcolax Last Night Around 10 ..This Morning I Had Severe Cramps In My Stomach, Went To Make A Bowel Motion, Now I Feel Better. I'm Still A Little Crampy But I Think Everything Came Out. I Recommend To Anyone Constipated."

LeeLee Marie January 3, 2014

For Constipation "It's going to cause cramps and discomfort because it stimulates the bowel to move. I put up with the discomfort because other laxatives aren't as effective for me. I'd suggest using Ducolax with a separate stool softener, right before bed. Maybe even take stool softener in the afternoon, then Ducolax at bedtime. I slept through cramps and had a movement in the morning. When I took it in the late afternoon, the cramps were pretty bad. Drink water/liquids lots."

Medication induced constipation (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2013

For Bowel Preparation "I took one Dulcolax tablet at 9 pm. By 1 am, I was in severe gastric pain. The gastrointestinal cramping was very mild. I was sweating profusely, and in agony. This side effect for me will stop me from ever taking it again for ANY reason. The Excruciating pain almost landed me in the ER. Has to take 4 Pepsid complete to get some relief."

Anonymous August 21, 2012