User Reviews for Betamethasone topical

Also known as: Diprolene, Betnovate, Luxiq Beta-Val Diprolene AF Sernivo

Betamethasone topical has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 41 ratings on Drugs.com. 92% of those users who reviewed Betamethasone topical reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Dermatological Disorders   9.7
Plaque Psoriasis   9.5
Lichen Sclerosus   9.0
Dermatitis   8.7
Atopic Dermatitis   7.9
Summary of Betamethasone topical reviews 8.9 41 reviews

Reviews for Betamethasone topical

Bro · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 10, 2021

Luxiq (betamethasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: “I used to use this when it came as a foam option. For dermatitis breakouts that left my forehead burning with red blotchy skin, often a single dose of Luxiq would make it go away overnight, entirely. Truly amazing. I only had to use it once or twice during the odd flare up. The only side effect was initial burning that subsided in about 15-30min. I think they discontinued the foam but you should check as it really helps.”

bob · Taken for 10 years or more November 19, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “When did a cream become an ointment? I used this cream around 2000-2001 was very good and absorbed into the skin and left skin soft non oily, now 2020 and oily non absorbent and seams to have changed formula ,still a good treatment but NOT as good as was.”

Egypt1 · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

Betnovate (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: “Works brilliantly for rashes and also mozzie bite”

Relief February 6, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I have suffered with various forms of eczema flair ups for 25 years. I recently had a severe hand flair up and my dermatologist recommended several new ointments to try which did not work. Out of desperation I asked him to prescribe a cream (not ointment!!) that I had used 10 years ago which worked great for me. He looked at my chart and said it was Betamethasone Cream. I applied it last night with vinyl gloves on and this morning my hands have improved 40% in one night. Only cream that works for me.”

Mactheknife · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 20, 2019

For Dermatological Disorders: “I suffer from a painful, red rash on my upper chest. I used to use sulfacetamide that worked well but my insurance company removed it from their coverage and the price went up from a few $ to more than $300 for a small bottle. Accordingly, I switched to betamethezone and it works just as well. So does an elemental sulfur-containing cream, but it was too effective and resulted in mild chemical burns.”

Temp relief · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 9, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I used betamethasone for a year. It kept everything in control and after a while I noticed something terrifying. Using this cream is such a a bad idea and a trade off but idk what else to do. :( Side effects include: - Thinning of skin - burning sensation and redness - you stop sweating in that area where you apply, and these effects last for months after repeated use - It thins THE SKIN which makes it feel like paper I’m super upset on how it worked decently for a year and then I think once my body’s gotten used to it, it stings now every time I apply it due to how thin my skin’s gotten and my inability to sweat and cool off during my exercises.”

Starlight · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

For Dermatitis: “After a nasty case of dermatitis that I believe began after a cuticle nick at the nail salon , I found myself in the urgent care after weeks of using fungi nail cure, neosporin ... you name it and nothing worked . Physician I saw prescribed this and it’s the first relief I’ve felt in nearly four weeks of itchy , red inflamed skin. Very happy with the performance of this cream”

Rebecca · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 29, 2019

For Dermatitis: “I have a severe skin allergy/reaction to mosquito bites. I will literally scratch the skin until I’m bleeding-and then scratch some more! One small mosquito bite can cause half of my leg to itch and swell. Many summers I would have to wear pants and forgo skirts or shorts because my ankles and calves were often scratched raw and/or bleeding. I’m so glad I found this cream-it worked wonders for my skin issues. The moment it was applied, my skin calmed down immediately and the itch stopped. This is the first time in years my legs have actually cleared up entirely, which only took a few weeks. The pain/itching was the most unbearable and I can report that it provided immediate relief. I highly recommend this one for any skin allergy-I am also allergic to my dogs-this keeps any of those break outs in check as well.”

One Happy Canadian January 1, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I woke up one morning with signs of Psoriasis on about 30% of my head, on both ears which were 70% covered and random small spots on my chest, arms and back. I tried Psoriasin first, it only helped to alleviate the itchiness but did nothing for the redness or the regression of the plaque buildup. After dealing with this for about 6 weeks I finally decided to go to the doctor who prescribed me the liquid form of Betaderm (0.1%) for my head to use once a day for 2 weeks and Betaderm (0.05%) ointment which looks like Vaseline for everywhere else but my head that I was to use twice a day for 2 weeks. I am now on day 3, yes only day 3 and the results are absolutely unreal. Within the first 2 days my psoriasis has reduced by roughly 75% on my head. After only one day, plaque buildup stopped in my ears and my head looks so much better that I don't feel embarrassed anymore. Small spots on my arms and chest look about 50% better so far. I would 100% recommend giving this a try.”

John Bones · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

For Dermatitis: “Effective every time I use it within the first 72 hours changes are quite noticeable”

Ana B · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2018

For Dermatitis: “I went to my doctor year after year and he would just say apply moisturizing cream, don’t wash your hands too much. I asked what did I have? He never diagnosed me with anything but yet I had this itchy thick tough skin that had a white color to it. I asked for a referral to a dermatologist and when I went to see him I was told that it wasn’t anything! Frustrated I tried over the counter antifungal cream, tea tree oil, cocunut oil and nothing helped. I went to my daughter’s medicine cabinet and used her betamethasone dipropriante cream and after two days I noticed an improvement so I keep using it for 2 weeks twice a day and wow! My skin was getting back to normal. After years of suffering I was able have my skin and cuticles became normal again within weeks! The best product and the only product that worked for me.”

July16 · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2018

For Dermatitis: “I found it MORE itchy (not less) after using the 0.1% Betaderm. Used another brand of hydrocortisone afterwards and the effects was almost immediate. Will NEVER use Betaderm again! It doesn't work!”

Boopy · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: “Effective medicine but I am totally in the dark as to how long to leave it on. Two pharmacists hemmed and hawed about it and even the NP who prescribed it couldn't seem to give me a straight answer on that. If the medical community isn't sure, who does know? Not very confidence-instilling, but this gel does work on my palmoplantar psoriasis pretty well. I leave it on for half an hour and hope that suffices.”

Kedo · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2018

For Dermatological Disorders: “Hive and rash covered my full body and this seem to be the only topical that reduced the itch and my hive and rash were gone in 9days.”

rammsteiner · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2018

Diprosone (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: “I have had odd eczema on-and-off for about 3 years. I tried 7 different hand creams before finally visiting my GP. He wasn't sure if my condition even was a classic case of eczema, as it was not like the majority of other patients' he had seen: mine was itchy every night, red, dry and flaky, and in distinct circle shapes on the back of my left hand. Sometimes, it bled. Scabies cream did not work for me, so I was prescribed Diprosone. My extremely uncomfortable "eczema" had disappeared after about a week of applying a thin layer of the cream, twice daily. It has left slightly pale patches on my hand where the condition used to be, but my skin is back to normal and there are no more irritating symptoms (like itching), ever. I would highly recommend this cream for anyone with a similar condition.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2017

For Dermatitis: “I live with very sensitive skin and have trouble with deodorants. I had started to try different ones and I had developed a dermatitis and psoriasis like rash in my under arms. This ointment worked well, but after five months I was still having trouble. I was using this cream religiously and in the last month and a half or so, I developed these scattered long marks that resembled stretch marks. I didn’t question it because I have always been on the heavier side. Next thing I know, I developed a bumpy rash on these “ stretch marks” . I could see my insides, they would bleed, and my skin was peeling off thread- like. So, I’ve been between two doctors and I visited today. Come to find out, using this cream long term or at all thins the skin.”

Zippyt · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I've used an assortment of medicated creams and ointments in my lifetime of battling eczema. Currently this is the one that keeps it mostly controlled. It doesn't eliminate it altogether, but it works well. I apply it at night and put gloves on (nitril gloves), which helps significantly since my hands are what is affected and it is really difficult to keep medications on long enough otherwise.”

JMC55 June 23, 2017

For Dermatological Disorders: “Our daughter mistakenly touched a halogen light bulb and easily received a bad burn. ..Red and blistered. Aloe vera did not help but when this cream was applied, the pain disappeared within 5 minutes. She was able to take a nap and when she woke up, she was back to a normal 5 yr old without any pain from the burn. NOTE: We are living in Indonesia and a local person told us about this solution. Purchased a 15 gr. tube at the pharmacy for $3.50 USD w/o a prescription. Using this cream caused no burn scarring on a treated burn according to the local person suggesting it. We will use maybe once or twice and then treat for normal burn until the affected area has returned to normal. Not needed long term.”

Ananan · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2017

For Plaque Psoriasis: “So far the ointment is working. I had injections of some steroid first then started this ointment. My elbows are looking 90% better already. My insurance did not cover this drug. Cost me $104.00. Wish it was more affordable.”

123defense456bgcswthc April 25, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: “Betaderm cream has not helped at all. The rash is now processing up the side of my face. I have oily skin and this cream is very thick and oily. Probably the wrong thing for me. It is expensive since I don't have a plan and I was given 2 jars where one would have been more then enough to experiment with.”

DiggerDarv February 4, 2017

Betaderm (betamethasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: “I have severe cracking of my feet and toes and two weeks daily of using the medication once a day after bathing and drying my feet ... things have cleared up almost completely!! I wear work boots and cotton socks six sometimes seven day per week and my feet really suffer...Thanks for the Betaderm.”

Banshee999 November 14, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I had horrible itchy, flakey and weeping ears. I tried every OTC medication and lotion available with no relief. After begging my doctor for something to relieve my pain she prescribed betamethasone and within one day the itch was gone and within 3 days the cracked and bleeding skin was healed. Truly a miracle for me and no more embarrassing ears to hide. 5 stars for this medicine.”

Danny UK Manchester · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 24, 2016

For Dermatological Disorders: “I've had eczema all my life, at 24 it now comes in flare ups every now and then generally when the weather changes or other allergies I.e hay-fever that go hand in hand. I've used probably most things on the market, from oily emollients to creams and I seem to have settled with this. Other creams don't have the date effect this does its easy to apply doesn't feel greasy and soaks in quickly.. But it is the only cream that really works. Big eczema flare ups are dealt with in days as opposed to weeks previously and it stops the urge to itch.. Honestly if you suffer with eczema you need to make sure you have this it's a must.”

Mancette · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2016

For Lichen Sclerosus: “An itchy scalp.”

Tiffnotabot · Taken for 10 years or more March 10, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis: “I have used this off and on for over 15 years. This is the only medication that clears up the psoriasis on my head in a few days. I have made sure to only use it when I need it to keep the effectiveness going for years to come. It doesn't make my hair oily, doesn't sting and keeps me clear for a few days. Love love it! My trusty fix :)”