User Reviews for Betamethasone

Also known as: Alphatrex, Beta-Val, Betacort, Betaderm, Betamethacot, Betanate, Betatrex, Betnovate, Del-Beta, Diprolene, Diprolene AF, Diprosone, Luxiq, Maxivate, Sernivo, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Betamethasone.

Plaque Psoriasis 3 reviews 22 medications

Atopic Dermatitis 5 reviews 233 medications

7.4
Summary of Betamethasone reviews 25 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Betamethasone

For Dermatological Disorders: "Our daughter mistakenly touched a halogen light bulb and easily received a bad burn. ..Red and blistered. Aloe vera did not help but when this cream was applied, the pain disappeared within 5 minutes. She was able to take a nap and when she woke up, she was back to a normal 5 yr old without any pain from the burn. NOTE: We are living in Indonesia and a local person told us about this solution. Purchased a 15 gr. tube at the pharmacy for $3.50 USD w/o a prescription. Using this cream caused no burn scarring on a treated burn according to the local person suggesting it. We will use maybe once or twice and then treat for normal burn until the affected area has returned to normal. Not needed long term."

JMC55 June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis: "So far the ointment is working. I had injections of some steroid first then started this ointment. My elbows are looking 90% better already. My insurance did not cover this drug. Cost me $104.00. Wish it was more affordable."

Ananan (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Betaderm cream has not helped at all. The rash is now processing up the side of my face. I have oily skin and this cream is very thick and oily. Probably the wrong thing for me. It is expensive since I don't have a plan and I was given 2 jars where one would have been more then enough to experiment with."

123defense456bgcswthc April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Betaderm (betamethasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have severe cracking of my feet and toes and two weeks daily of using the medication once a day after bathing and drying my feet ... things have cleared up almost completely!! I wear work boots and cotton socks six sometimes seven day per week and my feet really suffer...Thanks for the Betaderm."

DiggerDarv February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis: "I had horrible itchy, flakey and weeping ears. I tried every OTC medication and lotion available with no relief. After begging my doctor for something to relieve my pain she prescribed betamethasone and within one day the itch was gone and within 3 days the cracked and bleeding skin was healed. Truly a miracle for me and no more embarrassing ears to hide. 5 stars for this medicine."

Banshee999 November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatological Disorders: "I've had eczema all my life, at 24 it now comes in flare ups every now and then generally when the weather changes or other allergies I.e hay-fever that go hand in hand. I've used probably most things on the market, from oily emollients to creams and I seem to have settled with this. Other creams don't have the date effect this does its easy to apply doesn't feel greasy and soaks in quickly.. But it is the only cream that really works. Big eczema flare ups are dealt with in days as opposed to weeks previously and it stops the urge to itch.. Honestly if you suffer with eczema you need to make sure you have this it's a must."

Danny UK Manchester (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Lichen Sclerosus: "An itchy scalp."

Mancette (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Plaque Psoriasis: "I have used this off and on for over 15 years. This is the only medication that clears up the psoriasis on my head in a few days. I have made sure to only use it when I need it to keep the effectiveness going for years to come. It doesn't make my hair oily, doesn't sting and keeps me clear for a few days. Love love it! My trusty fix :)"

Tiffnotabot (taken for 10 years or more) March 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Betamethasone Lotion 0.1% for itchy scalp. I used this for over 40 years for scalp control. Then a couple years ago, the price shot up - over 10X the normal price which is rediculous. So my doctor turned me on to a stronger type called Clobetasol Propionate .05% topical. This works even better than my older stuff and my insurance covers this."

BRAD_V (taken for 10 years or more) January 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "I had severe blisters on my hands and wrists. The blisters were in various stages, some forming under the skin, some filled fluid, some ruptured. I had 50 blisters on my left hand & wrist and about half that number on my right hand & wrist. The pain, burning, piercing pain was extreme. My doctor prescribed several different creams that did not work and then this Betamethasone Lotion. I finally had relief. This worked within minutes to relieve the pain and within 2 days to see amazing clearing of the blisters. I am so grateful for this medication."

Ba-bi June 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "I've had severe eczema since I was 13. I'm now 30. My Dr has put me on so many different meds for it that I began to lose hope. It would swell up and get really itchy. I have eczema behind, on, and inside both of my ears. It's also embarrassing because people would ask if I knew I was bleeding out the ear all the time. After yrs of no relief I switched Dr's. The new Dr put me on betamethasone and after using it for only 2 weeks it cleared up to the point that it was almost gone! I thought nothing would help it and that I was stuck with it for the rest of my life with no relief. I'm glad I was wrong! Every couple of years I will get flare ups, and all I have to do is put the betamethasone on it and it's gone the next day. Definitely recommend this."

LilAngel17225 November 20, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "I had a skin rash I had been treating for nearly a year. My Doctor prescribed betamethasone dipropionate and the condition was remarkably improved 2 weeks later."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatitis: "Severe dermatitis cured in 1 week!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatological Disorders: "I had some real rash and redness from scratching too much. My doctor prescribed this cream for me and within a week my skin condition improved and I stopped scratching myself. I still have some skin discoloration but it is improving. Good cream for sure."

Anonymous September 15, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diprolene (betamethasone) for Dermatitis: "I had no side effects. Cleared up severe poison ivy in 2 or 3 days."

75 year old poison ivy lady July 12, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Works really well for atopic dermatitis."

Anonymous April 14, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "It works fantastic."

Anonymous February 2, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dermatological Disorders: "I have used this and it works wonders. "

Nychandsome July 30, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Betaderm (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: "Wow, This actually worked wonders, I had a very serious skin infection as well as eczema, and within a week of using twice daily after baths, it completely relieved the symptoms, and blisters started to scab and heal! I still have had to use Betaderm on and off for the last few months, but in much more moderate amounts, but after having used numerous other creams, this is the only one that worked!"

Anonymous July 15, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diprolene (betamethasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Works very well. I used it for a day or 2 and all symptoms gone for several months."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Luxiq (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: "This is amazing! I always had flaky ears because of my psoriasis and this took it away! I can finally put my hair up without feeling self-conscious!"

lolabella October 13, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diprolene AF (betamethasone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Rapid improvement in red areas on neck, chest and elbows."

kpbeatty March 30, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diprosone (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: "I served in the middle east during the Iraq war. The weather in the desert was over 130 degrees, so I developed eczema. My mom was a nurse in Mexico and told me about diprosone. I tried it and it worked. So I have never looked back."

Anonymous October 10, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Luxiq (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: "This is the best at re-growing hair and works fast."

Anonymous July 14, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Luxiq (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: "Awesome, wipes out blisters due to poison ivy, in two days."

Anonymous May 20, 2008