User Reviews for Evekeo

Narcolepsy 4.0
Summary of Evekeo reviews 6.6 32 reviews

Reviews for Evekeo

SymptomSavant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 31, 2019

For ADHD: “For my limited purposes, Evekeo has worked great. I use it as a booster dose late in the day. The difference between this med and Adderall is that Evekeo is 50/50 d- and l-amphetamine, whereas Adderall is 75% d/25% l. Theoretically, that change to 50/50 should decrease the “high” dopamine feeling mg-for-mg and increase norepinephrine release which could increase cardiovascular side effects. But for me, I only take 10 mg, so it’s like a cup of coffee with better focus late in the day. At higher doses, maybe Adderall would be better, but as a booster, I find Evekeo to be effective and free of any significant side effects.”

Mcnulty August 16, 2019

For ADHD: “Was prescribed concerta, Adderall, strattera, and vyvanse. All worked for a bit and ceased to work and gave me awful side effects. At least with evekeo and the generic kind, I have control of dosing and it’s always persistent.”

Dixiegirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2019

For ADHD: “After both ritalin and adderall aggravate my anxiety and caused my heart to race, my doctor suggested evekeo. It did not cause my heart to race, but I was only on 5mg and it did not help my symptoms. My doctor upped me to 10mg, but I was unable to afford it even with the copay card because I don't have very good insurance. I'm trying to find a way to afford it because it was so great to find an ADHD med that didn't cause my heart to race like others.”

Dina · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

For ADHD: “Having a high metabolism, my medications wear off very quickly. Dr and I talked about trying Evekeo but decided to try adding one more dose of Adderall XR to the mix. When that didn’t help, tried Evekeo and discountinued the Adderal XR but kept the afternoon doses of IR. As for Evekeo, I had a very bad reaction to it. My face broke out and not pimples but sores that are now going to scar My depression (which I haven’t had in awhile due to consistency of taking medication) was three times worse, I went to a very dark place, I went days without sleeping, no motivation or drive to do anything, very irritable, very mean, not social at all, terrible intrusive thinking, pushed away anyone that was close to me, no appetite at all, headaches, muscle soreness and vomiting/diarrhea. Thankfully we stopped the medication, but I don’t want to feel like this ever again!”

Beck · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2019

For ADHD: “I was switched from Adderall 20mg tablets that I was taking PRN so not every day to the Evekeo. I asked to try something else because the Adderall would wear off quickly and I felt like I needed to take several pills back to back. I'm not a fan of taking meds in the first place so this was a problem for me. My doc made the switch to Evekeo 10mg once a day but advised me to taper myself until I felt it working. I'm in healthcare so no problem tapering and keeping track. Being that it was new to me I started by taking 2.5mg and tapering up over the span of several days. I didn't feel a single thing all the way up to when I finally tapered to 20mg all at once. The only things I think I felt from it was paranoia/anxiety (that seemed to come out of nowhere) and craving beer... I hate beer! During this trial my productivity and focus tanked. I waited a day and took one of my old adderall and it worked like a charm. In conclusion, I can't say this is bad for everybody but it's definitely not for me.”

Paris · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

For ADHD: “I've tried several ADHD meds and this is hands down the best. No side effects at all. There is finally a generic, so please ask your doctor to try this. Can get as cheap as $18 compared to $632”

Vincent Vega · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

For ADHD: “33 year old male. I have been off and on stimulants my whole life. I take lamictal, Cymbalta, Xanax and Evekeo. Evekeo has been an excellent medication for me and it just went generic which is a huge plus. I don't get the tunnel vision that adderall gave me, or the extremely anxious and depressed feelings I got from Adderall. Ritalin made my body, even my bones ache. I felt like I had the flu and it actually made me less effective. Vyvanse made my blood pressure extremely high and I felt like I metabolized the dose extremely fast. I felt somewhat manic on the medication. I take 30 mg of Evekeo 10, 3x per day.”

adhdgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

For ADHD: “Vyvanse gave me a dependency to it and after a while stopped working as well and the insomnia, irritability, worsened. Then insurance stopped covering it, switched to Adderall and loved it for a while because its made me feel high. My mom thought it made me irritable and made me switch. I love Evekeo now because of the control I have with when and how much I take. No side effects so far! Also can tell I am thinking more before I speak and don't feel like an addict.”

Mel W · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2018

For ADHD: “My doctor suggested switching me from 70mg of Vyvanse to 10mg of Evekeo (2x per day) to see if that eliminated the insomnia issue I was having with Vyvanse. After a week on Evekeo, I'd go back to Vyvanse in a heartbeat. I've been taking stimulant medication for ADD for almost 30 years, and I have never had one be utterly ineffective at helping me focus. With Evekeo, it's like I took nothing at all. Zero ability to focus. To make matters worse, I'm experiencing 6 of the main side effects, one of which is a raging headache that sticks around all day (and feels like a migraine when the med first kicks in). It makes me feel very wired and shaky, too. I just called my doctor and asked to be squeezed in ASAP so I can switch to something else (might go back to Adderall), as I cannot keep taking Evekeo for another 20+ days.”

Concerned mama April 29, 2018

For ADHD: “We switched from vyvance in the morning and focolin in the afternoon because the cost was getting way to expensive for both and insurance wasn't allowing us to get name brand so we could use a copay card. After switching to eveko my 11 year old son started having major anger and frustration problems in school. His teachers said it worked well the first couple days for his focusing but then it was like he wasn't on it at all. He started becoming extremely defiant in school, hitting himself in the face because he was mad and frustrated. Calming him down was next to impossible. We were getting calls on a daily basis. Not sure how we will do it but we are more than likely going back to his previous medication.”

Senior in High School · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 2, 2018

For ADHD: “After Adderal and Ritalin made me incredibly irritable, moody, and anxious I tried evekeo and it is my miracle drug! I've been on it for 2 years now and have no complaints. I recommend this drug if you have failed the more popular stimulants! 11/10 recomend!!”

Truth76 January 28, 2018

For ADHD: “Had bad experience. Very bad anxiety and depression side effects don’t try!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2017

For ADHD: “Tried all these different medicines and found vyvanse XR worked perfect Until insurance didn’t cover it anymore so I took Concerta and that basically made my heart rate go up to 170 BPM and it was ridiculous so I tried a newer medication evekeo and it’s good but causes a hell of a withdrawal including anger diarrhea dizziness nausea loss of appetite but for the most part it’s good”

Concerened Mom · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2017

For ADHD: “My child has been on this almost a week and it has made her worse in school and hyper, I am looking forward to seeing the Doctor this week, the dose was cut in half after being on it 1 day and no change in behaviour, still not able to focus and refuses all school work and became more defiant.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 6, 2017

For Narcolepsy: “Helped but only for about an hour or so, symptoms soon returned. I was on maximum dose, with some relief, but switched to something better”

Junkie Jack · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2017

For ADHD: “Love this med to help me stay awake to study.”

Lulu1988 February 4, 2017

For ADHD: “I have bipolar I disorder with psychotic and depressive features and a diagnosis of ADHD. I take meds for all three conditions. I take Vyvanse 50mg in the AM. When that wares off, I take Evekeo 10 mg twice every 4-5 hours, PM. I also take my stimulants with Ativan as I also have anxiety too. Evekeo is perfect for me. It doesn't make me feel hyper nor does it give me that 'high' feeling. It normalizes me and I can actually be driven and calm at the same time. Since I take two stimulants, you're probably wondering how in the world. All I can say is that Vyvanse doesn't last all day long for me, so I supplement with Evekeo. I take Evekeo once Vyvanse wares out. I'm happy with them both.”

sarahisabel98 December 28, 2016

For ADHD: “18 year old college female. I've been medicated for 4 years now and tried concerta (which was hell) and Vyvanse (the devils drug). Evekeo was amazing at first kind of similar to Vyvanse and then it went downhill. Whereas on Vyvanse I just wouldn't eat and was depressed and spacey, this one didn't have side effects like that. But after awhile it made me incredibly mean, and didn't seem to take away the verbal impulse side of the hyperactivity. I'm normally an incredibly happy person but when I'm on this medicine I'm a bitch to whoever over whatever for no reason at all. It did help with the focusing though.”

Help mom in need · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2016

For ADHD: “My childs grades have suffered more after beginning evekeo and his behavior is so much worse than before. I honestly cannot wait to to see the Dr. again.”

Calstudent · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2016

For ADHD: “The only ADHD medication I have taken that doesn't have awful side effects. It makes you more alert and productive with out the headaches and and hungover feeling that I get with adderall and focalin. I don't think it effects everyone the same but it has been a real lifesaver for me.”

GingerBreadMike September 28, 2016

For ADHD: “I enjoyed Evekeo. It was great when it came to improving focus. I also have shift work disorder so for me stimulants are great as they help me overcome the hump I hit every morning when I just want to go to bed and sleep all day. My wife complained that I was getting really hard to live with compared to normal. I knew I was more irritable than normal. Over the 5 months I took it I did feel like the level of irritabilty and arguementativeness was steadily increasing. Stopped taking when my wife told me I was starting to become unbearable. I usually get 2 migraines a year but while on evekeo I had 3 in 5 months.”

Sky85 August 19, 2016

For ADHD: “This medicine was horrible for me. I started off at a low dose. It gave me horrible anxiety, mood swings and horrifying negative thoughts. I would never take this medicine again.”

NotSoHyper · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2016

For ADHD: “Evekeo made me feel like I had the flu. I felt like I had stayed up until 5am drinking tequila. I had had no alcohol at all. My muscles ached, I was exhausted, I felt like I was going to puke, and I could barely move. I went back to Vyvanse after 2 days. It ends too early for me, but doesn't make me miserable.”

allthenicknamesareinuse July 30, 2016

For ADHD: “20 y/o college female. Keeps me alert, focused, awake. I usually wait a little bit after taking it to have caffeine, not necessary just personal preference based on how it makes me feel. Switched to it after taking vyvanse for almost a year, which was great but it eventually made me irritable. so far i have loved this medication. no side effects, but if you take a dose too late in the day it will keep you up at night. i take 5mg in the morning and then another dose when i really need to focus. shorter release so i feel like i need a nap after 4-5 hours. overall would recommend.”

MauraJ June 23, 2016

For ADHD: “Eh, it's better than adderall but vyvanse is still a lot smoother. Gave me horrible indigestion and heart burn as well as extreme anxiety and chest pain.”