User Reviews for Lotrel to treat High Blood Pressure

Lotrel Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lotrel

Profs · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2020

“I have just taken two doses and can't sleep. Can't get and keep erection.. I don't like it at all.”

GypsyQueen July 23, 2019

“I was on this medication for approximately two weeks the time given for the medication to effectively take it's full course. Well for the first week, it did it's job at lowering my BP however if there was a side effects I got it from it, then it would have been the moodiness, I was tired to the point of exhaustion, hungry all the time and that horrible dry cough was so bad I though I was going to cough a lung out, it sounded like I was a serious smoker. Exactly on the 14th day on taking it - July 3rd - my top lip began to swell, by the time I made it to the ER my top lip had swelled 5x it's natural size, Glad I got to the hospital before I went into Anaphylaxis Come to find out I am severely allergic to both Amlodipine and benazepril, Terrifying experience”

CC · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 22, 2019

“WEIGHT GAIN...30 LBS in a couple of months along with being so lethargic I could not function. It has lowered my BP but with this weight gain and lack of energy, it is affecting everything in my life. I am on a strict diet and exercise and it is not moving.”

ILoveKonataIzumi · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 28, 2017

“Lower blood pressure and improved cardiovascular health with no side effects at all.”

Susiev.h. August 24, 2016

“Tired/sexual dysfunction i.e. Very hard to achieve orgasm.”

dgames July 7, 2014

“I'm a 58 year old male having been on Lotrel 10-20mg for several years now. I have not had any side effects, with this medication and have seen it is controlling my high blood pressure.”

1freddy · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2012

“I have been on Lotrel for 3 weeks and I'm having several side effects. I'm very lethargic, no energy (no energy to exercise), I even fall asleep an hour after taking the medicine, depressed, my head tingles, my fasting glucose has risen at least 10 points and the worst is I have gained 15 pounds! I had lost 30lbs and maintained since August. It was difficult and the weight loss was slow. My eating hasn't increased. My husband agrees. Morbid obesity can raise your blood pressure. This medicine is pulling my blood pressure down but the side effects are essentially making things worse. This medication isn't a good fit for me.”

HFNorthC March 9, 2012

“I tried several other medicines, but Lotrel seems to be very effective in lowering my blood pressure. I have a had no side effects. I am 49 years old and Africian American. On this medicine 10 months now.”

Gmmk August 2, 2011

“Developed severe nocturnal leg cramps. Occured nightly between 5am and 7am. After 3 months I discontinued and went back to Diltiazem. Cramps stopped next day.”

Anonymous January 11, 2011

“Been taking for 5/40 10 years. no problems at all and keeps the pressure down.”

JOSIE L July 12, 2010

“I have been on lotrel for three years. I never had knee problems but never connected the medicine with the symptoms until I started searching for side effects, by others. I spoke with my doctor and he has recommended lisiniopril/hydrochlorothiazide. See if problem with knees will improve. Because knee pain is terrible!”

meanashair January 30, 2010

“I was on Lotrel for approximately 3/4 months. Had severe swelling and pain in legs and feet. Did not do much in making my blood pressure any lower. No longer on this medicine.”

Anonymous October 2, 2009

“While I have not had any major side effects, just occasional coughing bouts, I have had a tough time losing weight...but have not gained.”

Anonymous September 12, 2009

“This drug is very effective but also very expensive.”

Anonymous July 13, 2009

“Had side effects.”

reddawk April 30, 2009

“I am a 45 year old male - been on Lotrel for 3 years with no problems.”

rushkasmom April 25, 2009

“Great for lowering blood pressure. I have been on it for 6 years.”

Anonymous March 9, 2009

“I have taken Lotrel for 9 years. It reduced my blood pressure moderately, but this month I went to the emergency room with severe swelling of my face and my lips were huge. Was told to get off Lotrel since this ACE inhibitor can cause angioedema which was the diagnosis. Have also had tingling of the lips and tongue for the last 4 years and now wonder if Lotrel contributed to that. ”

Anonymous February 25, 2009

“Great at lowering blood pressure (250 to 174 using 10 mg). But body aches, dull headache often noted. My doctor wanted me on 20 mg but that was too uncomfortable.”

Anonymous November 21, 2008

“The side effects I have are body aches, weight gain and lightheadedness.”

Anonymous September 6, 2008

“so far so good. I have had sleep problems with all the Blood pressure meds given to me.”

crabbydee July 22, 2008

“Lotrel has worked for me with a low dosage. The higher dosage caused side effects. Tried five different blood pressure medicines before and they all had side effects such as swelling or leg cramps.”

itip March 7, 2008

“I have been taking Lotrel now for 9 years. I also take synthorid with it. Granted I have gained a lot of weigth. Where as before I weighted 140 I now weight 205. If there is a way I can loose this weight I will be happy to. I have problems with my left angle, it is always swelled. Only when I can stay off of it does it go down. ”

Daddy of Four February 26, 2008

“I been taking Lotrel over a year now. I am not showing any side effects at all. I am 45 now and have four kids under four. That right FOUR. Lotrel has helped my HBP.”

samodio January 7, 2008

“I hav developed severe swelling in my fingers. It is constant causing numbness in the fingertips and pain in the joints - mostly in the middle of the night. I love having my blood pressure lowered though.”