User Reviews for Amitriptyline to treat Somatoform Pain Disorder

Reviews for Amitriptyline

newbeginning15 February 1, 2015

“I can't rate this medicine enough as the doctor said to me it saved his life. I know what he means by that now. I suffer with depression and was on sertraline. However it caused me problems in sleeping and staying asleep. For years I also suffered pain in all parts of my body which caused me to have panic attacks too often. So with sleep being the problem and no more sleeping tablets left or allowed to get a doctor prescribed amitriptyline. So I started and from day 1 it changed my life. I can sleep well and no longer have panic attacks over pain and have 90% less pains anyway. I also still take sertraline 100mg and amitriptyline 60mg. so it has sorted my somatiziation disorder and sleep probs. Miracle.”

Heidi Bray February 28, 2012

Elavil (amitriptyline): “I've been using Elavil for almost 4 years now and can't live without it! If I run out before I can get to the pharmacy my symptoms return with a vengeance and I feel awful again! I would recommend this medicine to ANYONE dealing with pain, insomnia or depression to consider this medicine! I started off on a low does (25mgs) per night now only on 50mgs and I have NEVER done so well in my life emotionally or physically! One of the negatives for me has been weight gain and now b=high blood pressure because of the weight BUT I tell everyone I'd rather be fat and happy then skinny and miserable!”

Learn more about Somatoform Pain Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)