User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #4 to treat Pain

Tylenol with Codeine #4 has an average rating of 4.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 33% of those users who reviewed Tylenol with Codeine #4 reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Tylenol with Codeine #4 Rating Summary

4.3/10 average rating

Compare all 1431 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Lori · Taken for 10 years or more June 25, 2020

“It should be noted I've been on pain medications for 21 years so you can imagine I've tried it all, I use Tylenol #4 for breakthrough pain and for me it works very well from an 8/10 to a 3-5/10 but bearable. We each have different metabolisms that being said and as a result medicine doesn't do the same thing for everyone some of you will do well with Percocet or Vicodin, they don't work well for me but T4s do. Go figure.....so when you go to a doctor or go to the dentist they will take your opinion on this matter into consideration. Only we know what works for us. I saw so many reviews for T3s or T4s that said it didn't work for them it probably did to a minimal extent, but again you know your body and what pain medications especially that work for you I wish you all good luck in the future but for me T4s work wonders for me”

D. Strange April 30, 2020

“Hi, Although I do agree with everyone that these Tylenol-anything are junk for pain (especially if you’ve been on more effective pain relievers prior for a while), I just wanted to point out to all who are saying they’re flooding your liver with acetaminophen now that the DEA caused you to switch from other ones... Norco and T4s have all the same amount of Tylenol (aka acetaminophen or paracetamol depending where you’re from). Just wanted to mention that, as well as that generic brands of all these have the exact same narcotics in them as the name brands so I’m not sure why people think they’re less effective. Maybe it’s the fillers? Who knows. Anyways, yeah I agree that the DEA has screwed everyone in the USA. Something similar is happening here in Canada and it sucks for pain patients here so bad too! :(”

Chronic pain · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2020

“Prescribed this Tylenol with codeine # when I had chronic lower back pain from work ( constant heavy lifting ) needed two to feel the effects snd is useful to a degree but I switched to APO Tramacet as I get better pain relief off have or one of those.”

Herniated discs l4/l5 · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2016

“I have herniated discs in my lower back, I have been on 10mg/325mg norco 4 times daily for 11 months. All of a sudden this other pain doctor I was forced to see since mine disappeared put me on T4's which are complete JUNK! I would rather take nothing at all... I feel like I am just flooding my liver with tylenol for nothing... The DEA needs to stop threatening doctors with jail and let them do their jobs. I'm sorry but just because some junkies decided to shoot heroin and die doesn't give them the right to deny me quality Healthcare... I AM PISSED because I am in PAIN! I DON'T WANT TO GET HIGH I JUST WANT RELIEF!”

Anonymous January 8, 2011

“I use Tylenol #4 for moderate abdominal pain caused from endometriosis. This medication doesn't completely stop the pain but makes it easier to function normally. The best thing about it it starts working so quickly after I take it. Other medications I have tried like Vicodin does not work as quickly or effectively.”

Shocked and Unhappy in the USA · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2016

“I was given tylenol #3, initially, for a severe injury, it had no effect on the pain. I revisited the issue with my doctor and was put on tylenol #4. At supposedly double the narcotic in the tablet, I was shocked at how little the pain reliever accomplished. However, a cough I'd had with a cold was lessened...not useful in the purpose of pain relief. I decided to be frank with my doctor and ask why I was being given such low dose/ineffective pain relief for something as serious as my injury, especially given that I have no history of drug abuse...fear of the DEA was the answer I finally received after pushing past much circular logic dissuasion from my doctor. The DEA is the reason my pain is not being managed. This is a travesty.”

kelrebec · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 6, 2017

“My discs are degenerative, and I had a back surgery 20 years ago that failed. At the time, I was given 2 T-4's every 4 hours. That made working almost tolerable. Long story short, 2 surgeries later and I am prescribed a T-4 every 6 hours. I am in chronic pain and will be (most likely) and have no life due to it. Since the DEA now prescribes for me, I guess I will just have to shrivel up and die. Having raised a teenaged son, Norco's were quite popular 9 years ago and that's what has contributed to this travesty. I do not deny there are drug seekers, however, I am on disability at 56 because I cannot get enough relief to be a dependable worker anymore and it is, quite literally, killing me slowly. ”

Patient in pain January 20, 2016

“I was given the Tylenol w/ Codeine #4 (300/60mg) tabs to use as an extra pain medication for the pain I had in my ankle from the screws about 3 months after my surgery. The Tylenol #4 didn't even make a dent in the pain relief. And in fact 600mg of Advil helped far more effectively then the Tylenol #4”

Mrs Wolfe December 22, 2014

“I have been taken hydrocodone for years. My doctor wanted me to try the Tylenol 4. It did absolute nothing for the pain at all. He switched me back to the hydrocodone.”