User Reviews for Acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine

Also known as: Alagesic, Alagesic LQ, Americet, Anolor 300, Anoquan, Arcet, Capacet, Dolgic LQ, Dolgic Plus, Dolmar, Endolor, Esgic, Esgic-Plus, Ezol, Femcet, Fioricet, Fiorpap, G-1, Geone, Ide-cet, Isocet, Margesic, Medigesic, Minotal, Mygracet, Nonbac, Orbivan, Pacaps, Pharmagesic, Phrenilin Forte, Repan, Tenake, Tencet, Triad, Two-Dyne, Vanatol LQ, Vanatol S, Zebutal …show all brand names

Headache
8.7

Summary of Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine reviews 8.6 195 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have had migraine headaches for over 30 yrs. I have taken MANY meds that were prescribed by Neurologists that created a lot of side affects- none that were helpful. I now take 2 Fiorocet pills everyday and find it manages my chronic daily headaches most days. I know it is believed that my headaches may be rebound headaches but all the many attempts to address this have failed. My use has not escalated, and I am able to work at a demanding job and be present for my family. I am very grateful for Fiorocet!"

Deb (taken for 10 years or more) September 3, 2018

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Do not let the big drug company sponsored research scare you out of trying this medication for your tension HA. I have tried several medications in the past. All with promises of being the miracle drug for me. Fioricet is the only medication that allowed me to be truly free of my HA. I was unable to work and collected unemployment. Fioricet allowed me to work and be free from government over site. Thank you to all the companies out there that don't let the old line drugs fall away from doctors site."

butalbital rocks (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2018

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "This literally took away a tension headache I had for 3 days within 20 minutes. I couldn’t believe how fast it worked. Nothing else has helped me in the past."

Mandergoo (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have had a headache non stop for 8 months now. Fioracet is the only thing saving me. It stops the pain (till it wears off) with no side effects. I hate taking meds. But this one I have to give a 10 stars!"

RedBandit July 13, 2018

For Headache: "Generic does not work as well as Fiorocet"

Stitches June 22, 2018

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "The only thing that works for severe headaches on the back and top of head."

MissSheltie (taken for 10 years or more) June 15, 2018

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Only thing that works 90% of the time with no side effects. Now the VA will not dispense it even with my Neurologists prescriptions."

Jolyn (taken for 10 years or more) May 28, 2018

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "So thankful for Flioricet as I have had migraines/tension headaches for ten years daily. I can tell they are coming on and take 2 tabs within 15 minutes have relief without side effects. A specialist tried 2 other pills that mad me dizzy for 2 days as required before he would do Botox. He also tried amitripline along with the firocet which gave me relief plus great sleep..maybe too much. I have been charged up to nearly $1000/ year for 2 each 12 hours as needed... basically daily. I have demanded and gotten a $243 price, / 120 days, self pay, as my insurance does not have it in the formulary. Why is it so costly?...."

Harry (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2018

For Headache: "For me, it works very well for migraines. I read below where it caused someone else a seizure. First time I've ever heard that before. Perhaps they had a rare allergic reaction or mixed it with something else that was not compatible. This drug had been around a long time. It works very well for me. I used to get migraines before my periods, and it worked great. I would take 1 or 2 pills as needed. Later on, after I was post menopausal and went on bio identical hormones (all natural and custom to what my body needs) and between treatments (lasts 3 to 4 months) I might get migraines before I am due for more hormone pellets, and I take the generic for Fioricet, and it works great. Never had any problems. I know of other people who have used it without any issues. So it works well for stress headaches or hormone headaches."

K.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2018

For Headache: "Nothing else works as well. The problem is the price keeps going up even for the 325 tablets. This drug has been around since the 80's at least. So no reason to charge so much - no new research nor change of ingredients has been done on this one Several years ago they reduced the amount of acetaminophen to 300. But it costs more. They reduce the amount of active ingredient and charge more. Explain that !!!!"

Sh’reen (taken for 10 years or more) April 28, 2018

For Headache: "Has been the most helpful medicine I have ever taken for migraines. I take topamax regularly to prevent them and if it gets really bad the fioricet is so great to have. One drawback is my dr doesn’t like prescribing it due to the barbiturate in it, so I try to get by with ibuprofen as often as possible."

BsubsN11 March 13, 2018

For Headache: "I've tried a few things for excruciating headaches (topamax, relpax, imitrex), and this. Honestly, it didn't really help with the headache. Still had a throbbing that lasted all day, dulled it a little but I would recommend relpax."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2018

For Headache: "Best headache medicine ever, works in 15 minutes or less!"

MyNikki December 23, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Had a seizure for an entire day after not taking this. The situation was a headache, but migraine level, so maybe a migraine. Lights were overpowering, sound was too loud, I couldn’t focus on simply existing. So a hospitalist prescribed me this. After, I had the first seizure of my life, it lasted about half a day. My mother luckily was around the house, and noticed something was off, but it was hours into seizing that she realized what was happening. I awoke in the hospital restarained to the bed and no idea how I got there. If you take multiple medicines, stay away from Fioricet. Now at every hospital visit, I’m put safely with towels around the bed, and have no freedom to even walk. All because of this one experience. Beware of Fioric"

lazen (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Effective for migraine and tension headaches, can cause slurring of speech and over anxiety especially on maximum dose."

Jess211 October 11, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Was given foricet at E.R. for Tension headache and I suffer from severe anxiety I immediately had tachycardia (fast heart beat) after taking this drug it got rid of my headache but it left me miserable with my anxiety never taking this again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I started getting severe headaches 3 months after starting a new job I loved; I was only getting between 4-6 hrs of sleep a night after being on my feet 16 hrs a day. Artificial lights were like swords in my brain during the day, and towards the evening were intolerable. Noise was also making my head hurt worse - to the point where I was throwing up from the pain. I was given Topamax and had great results for a week. Then tapered to better results than not taking it. I was still getting the headaches daily. My doctor prescribed Fioricet PRN along with Propanalol to take with the Topamax as a preventative measure. What a relief. What a difference. I had a Doctor of Osteopathy who immediately knew what to prescribe via my symptoms."

aeralynlayla (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have had a pounding throbbing migraine for 18 days a terrible throbbing pain on the left side of my head. I tried everything under the sun imitrex over the counter everything the only thing that worked for me is fioricet it took away my migraine in an instant I suffer from anxiety so that caused my tension migraines this medicine puts anxiety at easy and your migraine completely gone. Please don't be in pain anymore go to your doctor and get fioricet. I feel for all the migraine sufferers I have been dealing with it for half my life don't be in pain anymore this medicine will really work also if you have moderate to severe anxiety like I do hope this helps!!!"

Anonymous September 9, 2017

For Headache: "Not sure of effectiveness for pain"

Daveyboy1713 August 27, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "It helps to knock out the pain and reduce the tension in the head and eyes associated with migraine, but it appears to be somewhat of a controlled substance, or at least one that they're wary of, so I'm not sure what else I can do to be migraine free. I've tried Botox twice. I now know that does not work for me. I tried Effexor as a prophylactic. Not working. This is hormone related so there's not a heck of a lot I can do here - but just keep asking for more pills. Not ideal, but worn out. My eyeball hurts right now just looking at this screen."

Notanothermigraine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Why is Firocet so expensive?. I am retired and my plan has this drug cost at $500."

migrane 2 July 17, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "This is the best medicine for tension headaches bar none. Big pharma has tried to get it banned for years because it is so cheap and effective which is a treat to their vastly over priced, dangerous and ineffective alternatives.. IF YOU HAVE HEADACHE OF ANY KIND, I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO TRY THIS MIRACLE (FOR ME) MEDICATION."

DARRLINGS2 June 10, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Like all the meds for pain, sleep, back in the day; the 60s to the turn of the 21st century, these drugs actually work. I thought fiorinal had gone the way of Seconal, Nembutal, Amytal, Tuinal, Doriden, and the scores of other equally effective compounds, but a doctor recently gave me a script for Fioricet, shocked it was still around, and that it was not a controlled substance here in Tucson; but best of all, it works. I've always sworn by these pills; they live up to their claim of effectiveness on tension, and not just headaches; they handle stress, anxiety, panic disorders, and the entire spectrum of nervous disorders. New is not better, it's just a poor smudged carbon copy of the original, and a very bad one at that."

chetmcgee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I've been having migraines since I was a little girl. I've been on all sorts of migraine meds over the years. Imitrex, triptan, neurotoxin, and even Xanax because they thought it is being caused by anxiety. About 2 years ago I was in my classroom and had a wicked migraine. A sub told me about fioricet. I asked my doctor, mind you I was being seen by my doctor for this problem. When I arrived at the doctors that day. I couldn't even open my eyes. She prescribed it to me before I went over for another CT scan of my head. It worked so fast and I got relief before I left from my CT scan. It was a miracle. Nothing worked liked fioricet. But I've had other types of migraines, other then ones coming from my neck, it didn't work the same."

Tuuli May 19, 2017

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I take this almost every 2-5 days, due to my unbearable tension headaches. This past time (I am Rx'd 2 tabs every 4-6 hrs) I took my entire daily taking which is what, max 12? and I took them all but staggered, and I ended up in the ER with a shot of Naloxone from overdosing on the butalbital. Not sure naloxone works on barbs....but they gave it to me anyway. I was so out of it I couldn't see or talk right. I'm someone who takes benzos..or used to, that is, so I can handle that type of feeling. BUT....at the end of the day, this medication DOES work for tension headaches and helps me sleep, the caffeine in my opinion is cancelled out by the butalbital. I take the non scheduled- no codeine- version- although I wish I was. id cut back on em."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017